Start by marking “Pooh's Library: Winnie-The-Pooh, The House At Pooh Corner, When We Were Very Young, Now We Are Six” as Want to Read:

(Winnie-the-Pooh #1-4)

In 1926, the world was introduced to a portly little bear named Winnie-the-Pooh. Along with his young friend, Christopher Robin, Pooh delighted readers from the very beginning. His often befuddled perceptions and adorable insights won the hearts of everyone around him, including his close group of friends. From the energetic Tigger to the dismal Eeyore, A. A. Milne created ...more
Library Binding, 542 pages
Published October 31st 1988 by Dutton Juvenile (first published 1961)

Start your review of Pooh's Library: Winnie-The-Pooh, The House At Pooh Corner, When We Were Very Young, Now We Are Six
Paul Bryant
I bet if he had called it Whiney the Pooh it wouldn't be so popular...

Aw look, out of fucking honey again, why does this always happen to meeee.... and my dealer's been arrested....and they stopped my benefits payments again ...
Manny
For the Celebrity Death Match Review Tournament, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (9) versus The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh (24)

It was a most enjoyable picnic. Pooh was just finishing the last bit of honey and licking around the edge of the pot in a Contented Way, when he suddenly realised that he was sitting on something. Something damp and squishy. Something...

"Oh bother!!" said Pooh. "Drat and bother and double bother!!! I've sat on two of Rabbit's Friends and Relations!
·Karen·
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Celebrity Death Match Review Elimination Tournament Round 2

The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh vs Heart of Darkness

Hush Hush! Whisper who dares!
Christopher Robin is saying his prayers.
God bless Mummy. I know that's right.
Ooh wasn't it funny at teatime tonight?

There was Tigger and Owl and Kanga and Roo
And Jozef Korzeniowski and Piglet and Pooh
And wasn't Joe greedy? Straight from the sea
He wolfed down the cake and left none for me.

And Owl kept on winking and shaking his head
But nodded
Manny
For the Celebrity Death Match Review Tournament, Heart of Darkness (25) versus The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh (24)

Pooh was getting rather tired of everyone ganging up on him, and he wondered if there was some way he could grab just a couple more votes. He suddenly thought of his old friend Vikki Blows. Now if he inserted the picture here...

"Oh, help!" said Pooh, as a half-dozen angry comments appeared on his screen.

"If only I hadn't--" he said, as a dozen even more angry message
Marvin
Oct 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Written for the Celebrity Death Match Review Tournament

"Oh, Bother!" stated the Pooh-Bear.

"What could be the matter, Pooh," Asked Christopher Robin. "Haven't you counted all the bees in the hive and chased all the clouds in the sky?"

"Don't quote silly Kenny Loggins songs to me. There's a bigger problem."

"Like?..."

"Well. Mr. Robin. I'm supposed to fight Hamlet in the Death match semi-final. I was expecting to go mano a bearo with him. But all of a sudden these other Characters are showing up and
Whitaker
Nov 01, 2011 marked it as celebrity-death-match  ·  review of another edition
For CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH PURPOSES ONLY: The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh versus Hamlet

Scene: Christopher Robin is reading a book. He sighs and throws it down irritably.

Pooh: Why Goodfellow Robin, does that book displease you?

Christopher Robin: ‘Tis a tedious tome about a prince
Troubled by his father’s death. Unnatural
Or so it seemed, and he, umanned by it
Feigned a double nature to seek revenge.

Pooh: Most tedious tome indeed, Goodfellow Robin. Mayhap some hunny might sweeten its
Chris
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

After the meal was over, we retired on deck, just at that time when evening succumbs to night, and listened while Marlow spoke of the time he abandoned the wholesome adventures of the salt seas for the convoluted mysteries of the river. As he filled his pipe, I noticed the shake of his hands and looked on his countenance anew. I had never beheld such a visage before,
Jovana Autumn
I will always return to childrens' books.
Fills me up with nostalgia of that time when you remember how everything was more simple and how you were carefree and young.

Winne the Pooh is certanly one of the most beloved characters in all of childrens' books and cartoons. I adored him when I was little, I still have a stuffed toy of Eyeore at home(He was my favorite one along with Pooh) but I never got to read a book about him until now and I am glad I finnaly got to it because it was so precious.

Th
Corey
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Anyone who gives Milne anything less than 5 stars ought to be held down and punched in the head by a horde of small, righteously indignant children.
Bettie
Oct 13, 2011 marked it as maybe  ·  review of another edition
CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH REVIEW ONLY

We were washing up after tea. Well to be more precise, the crockery was making its own way to the suds in the sink, flying through the air with just the slightest little nose wiggle from Mary.

Mary: I have a Halloween face for my bout with fatso, do you like it?

Bettie: haha, that'll scare Team Pooh. Seriously though Mary, how DO you rate your chances against Christopher et al, they have a lot going for them in the 'aaaaaaaaw' department.

Mary: I have a little somet
david
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about the Pooh-bear and company that has not been said before? Hmm…That they are Republicans? Marxists? Surfing Sufis? That they emanate from Namibia? Tobago? Sri Lanka? Tijuana? Managua? Rotterdam. Possibly the Forest is really Bacteria, Fungi, in a Petri dish?
That he and his friends are symbolic for Minimalism, Wind, Time, Flatulence, Touchdowns, Ben and Jerry’s? Maybe Forest Bedouins in search of…Tents? Water? Malbec? Velasquez Paintings? Contact Lenses?
And this Honey business
Raelee Carpenter
I mean, Winnie the Pooh... He's my childhood. What can I say?
Andrew
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is very little you can say about this classic book which I suspect has not already been said. Yes I thoroughly enjoyed it being brought up on classics stories of Winnie the Pooh (along with Thomas the Tank Engine and a fair few others).

This book is a great collectors hard back edition containing many of the famous stories which Disney turned in to cartoons and now are synonymous with the character.

This is a great book to cleanse your reading pallet especially after being immersed in somet
Travis
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can remember sitting in my closet with a flashlight and these stories as a child more vividly than most memories of the time. As kids we had most of them individually, so this complete collection is soooo nice to have in my library. My Daughter loves these just as much as I did and I hope she passes these time honored stories along to her kids as well. Thank-You Mr. Milne (wherever you are) for shaping my childhood and teaching me that it was ok to have imaginary friends and very strong belief ...more
Joey T
A wonderful collection of stories and poems, every single one filled with abundant joy and hilarity. I found every page enticing and witty. This is seriously a wonderful classic that every single person needs in their life.
Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet, Roo, Tigger, Kanga, Owl, Rabbit, we’re just wonderful characters. Hilarious and lovable, these characters exhibit great morals such as caring for friends, being brave, etc etc.
Anywho, happy reading!
Miranda Reads
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS IS MY JAM (or should I say honey?)

Review to come.

YouTube | Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat @miranda.reads

Happy Reading!
Lorraine
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s, classic
I do believe A.A. Milne’s, ‘The Complete Tales & Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh’ is one of the very best children’s classics of all time. Who could not resist wanting to live in the Hundred Acre Wood surrounded by such lovable friends. Pooh’s world is what I wish for each & every child, when they close their eyes and enter the world of dreams 🌙💫🎈 ...more
Nechet Hudelson
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m so glad I own this book for my very own! The older I get, the more I see the whimsical and playful genius written behind these simple stories.
Princess Cordelia
Such a cute and innocent book. Makes me very nostalgic.
Jamie
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had a baby in September, and one of the most difficult things to absorb, in terms of changes in my life, was that I no longer had endless supplies of “me” time. And of course, I say this as a new mother—which means that, if you have not had children (and if you aren’t specifically a mother—sorry but it’s true), you probably don’t know what I mean. I am a person who LOVES books. I thrive on books. And at six weeks post partum I listlessly watched my fourth season of Nip Tuck while the baby went ...more
Emmeline
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember Winnie The Pooh as being the first chapter book that I had ever read with my parents. This book has always been a bittersweet favourite of mine.

Mum and Dad would read it to my sister and I on the couch, and we would listen with excited minds and thumbs in our mouths. We would read out of an old yellow hardcover with the full collection of Winnie the Pooh stories.

Oh, how I loved and still love those stories! The best word I can think of to describe them is 'enchanting'. Anyone who has
Chris
Ah, so that's why Winnie-The-Pooh was my favorite when I was very young.

(Of course, I'm sure it helped that I'm Christopher Ronald.)

This is the first time I've gone back and read these stories since I became old enough to remember them. Though, you could say, I've yet to actually read them, strictly speaking, since they were read to me by my parents when I was little and this time I listened to Peter Dennis ("the only readings of A.A. Milne's Pooh classics authorized by Milne's son, Christopher
Sophie Crane
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, animals
Gorgeous collection of must have Winnie the Pooh stories & poems. Something that children will always treasure I'm sure! Really beautifully presented and just a wonderful addition to our children's library ...more
Joan Winnek
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Timeless.

Avoid the Disney illustrations.
Hope Elizabeth Anderson (HopelessBookAddict)
This was so freaking cute. I loved hearing/reading the stories.
Paula Vince
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd been thinking about re-reading these childhood classics for ages, and discovered a lovely hardback second hand copy, like brand new. It contains both 'Winnie the Pooh' and 'The House at Pooh Corner.' Returning to these little yarns, after however many years, is better than before. I seem to grow more, rather than less fond of the dear little gang from the Hundred Acre Wood. Perhaps it's partly because as adults, we've had more time to recognise spiritual counterparts of each character in our ...more
Bookteafull (Danny)
Im no longer rating children's novels unless they're, like, horrendous.

Decided to read The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh after watching the movie Christopher Robin and bawling my eyes out. Pooh and his 100 Acre Wood crew will always have a special place in my heart - my sister and I had a Winnie the Pooh and Tigger bedroom and snow globes growing up, my sister has a Winnie the Pooh tattoo, and our mother would read us Milne stories at bedtime. These stories be bringing back all the feels.

Shari
Oct 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was very cute and wholesome to read every night with my two daughters. They love Winnie the Pooh and all of his friends!

There are so many beautiful quotes about friendship, love and life in these stories that make adults think as well.
Kayla
I had no idea I would love this book so much!! It’s sweet, thoughtful, funny, and taps into what kids think about. We absolutely loved the Pooh Bear stories, and I was surprised by how much my girls loved the poems! This will be a staple in bedtime reading!!
Chris Gager
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rescued this one a while back. It's in good shape except for overall curve/bend in it. Moisture? Humidity? Anyway, this edition is from 1996. The awesome illustrations have been colorized. No opinion on that from me as I am not a big fan. Medium fan? Trivia questions will follow ...

Moving along and enjoying it, especially the colorized illustrations. The text is a bit on the twee side for an adult I suppose.

Finished with the WTP part of the book and will stop there. The rest of the book contains
2017 Reading Chal...: the Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie the Pooh 1 12 Jul 23, 2015 03:17PM

• The Complete Tales
  • The Complete Adventures of Curious George
  • The Complete Fairy Tales
  • A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1)
  • The Real Mother Goose
  • The Complete Stories and Poems
  • Walt Disney's Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too
  • Mad About Madeline: The Complete Tales
  • People
  • The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set (Anne of Green Gables, #1-8)
  • กำราบรักแม่ทัพเผด็จการ เล่ม 1
  • กำราบรักแม่ทัพเผด็จการ เล่ม 2
  • Rabbit and Robot: The Sleepover
  • The Berenstain Bears and the In-Crowd
  • The King's Stilts
  • What the Ladybug Heard
  • Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!
  • The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit
Alan Alexander Milne (pronounced /ˈmɪln/) was an English author, best known for his books about the teddy bear Winnie-the-Pooh and for various children's poems.

A. A. Milne was born in Kilburn, London, to parents Vince Milne and Sarah Marie Milne (née Heginbotham) and grew up at Henley House School, 6/7 Mortimer Road (now Crescent), Kilburn, a small public school run by his father. One of his teac

Winnie-the-Pooh (4 books)
  • Winnie-the-Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh, #1)
  • The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh, #2)
  • When We Were Very Young (Winnie-the-Pooh, #3)
  • Now We Are Six (Winnie-the-Pooh, #4)