Start by marking “Island Passages: An Illustrated History of Jekyll Island, Georgia” as Want to Read:
Island Passages: An Illustrated History of Jekyll Island, Georgia

Island Passages: An Illustrated History of Jekyll Island, Georgia

Although it is among the smallest of Georgia's Golden Isles, Jekyll Island boasts a depth of history rivaling that of its larger neighbors. The island embraces two National Historic Landmarks, a listing reserved for the nation's most significant treasures. More than fifty archaeological sites have been excavated on Jekyll; others remain unexplored, including an Indian buri ...more
Published June 1st 2016 by University of Georgia Press

To ask other readers questions about Island Passages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Island Passages

Stephen Roger Powers
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nicely detailed and beautifully designed book that exhaustively documents the history of Jekyll Island. Sometimes the information might seem too in-depth for a reader with only a casual interest in the island, but I especially enjoyed the small historical vignettes here and there that enrich the island’s history with humor, like the story about Horton dancing above the Wesley twins’ sleeping quarters. The chapter about Jekyll ghosts is a nice closing chapter too.
Marylou
I am a sucker for photography books. This one is about an island I had never heard of: Jekyll in Georgia. The author presents a very comprehensive background of the island; its history along with some stunning photographs. I enjoyed reading through this, although I must confess that compared to Greek islands I wasn't that impressed with the beach photos (hey what can I say I miss home! lol)

Tara
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was originally drawn to this book by the beautiful cover. Loving anything nature and or water oriented I wanted to at least give this book a look through. I had never heard of Jekyll Island, in Georgia prior to look at this book, but I can now say that I want to visit it. The pictures are absolutely breath taking and the history is interesting. I can see readers simply enjoying the pictures because it is a pretty long book.
John Shaw
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is breathtaking
It is a gorgeous
photographic
exploration of
on of the most beautiful places
I have ever book
Coastal Georgia.
Filled with a detailed
look at the rich history of
Jekyll Island