Start by marking “Attack of the Kraken (The Yeti Files #3)” as Want to Read:
Attack of the Kraken (The Yeti Files #3)

Attack of the Kraken

(The Yeti Files #3)

Blizz Richards and his band of wacky cryptids are back for a third illustrated adventure from bestselling author Kevin Sherry!
Something smells fishy in the underwater kingdom of Atlantis. The merfolk claim the mighty kraken is attacking their city and threatening their safety. They have called yeti Blizz Richards and his team of cryptozoologists to track and capture the be
Published April 26th 2016 by Scholastic Press

Start your review of Attack of the Kraken (The Yeti Files #3)
Steven R. McEvoy
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2016
My children love these books, especially the younger two. But by far my son is the biggest fan. And any book that my children want to read over and over again is a winner in my opinion. These books are not traditional readers, but they are not graphic novels either. They do not fit normal categorization.

When I asked my son to pick one word to describe this book his answer was 'AMAZING!" and you can not give much higher praise than that. My son's favourite part of the books was that the Kraken w
Stacy Fetters
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Uuggghhhhh!!!!!
This has a few of my favorite things: A Yeti, releasing of the Kraken and an underwater mystical adventure. So, what gives?
I wasn't mystified nor impressed.
It can only be one thing, I've grown up! *crying*
The Booko Book Club
Apr 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review by LY, age 8.

Read it. It’s funny!

The characters are Blizz the yeti, Alex the elf, Gunthar the goblin, and Frank the fox.

This is a chapter book with a lot of pictures. There are drawings of made-up objects and creatures like the “cryptosub”, merfolk, Atlantis, and the kraken.

Blizz leads the team to Atlantis to help the merfolk, who are being attacked. The team is separated. They have their own adventures underwater. When they get back together, the mystery is solved. The attack on the mer
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
My son and I like reading this series together and this is another fun edition to the Yeti Files. While I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others, my son seemed to love it as he is a huge fan of all things ocean themed. We will definitely continue with the series. Full review to come.
Michelle
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Attack of the Kraken was ok. When such a short book splits the story into multiple storylines, there isn't much substance to any one arc. Still fun.
Gabriel (Gabriels_universe)
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun read, I want to read the rest of the series now!
Brianna Crall
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
My kids love this series. It makes me snicker.
Rachel Coyne
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun from start to finish
Cleo Joyce
Very visual--almost graphic novel style--adventure stories with fantasy bent and cryptid characters.
Jo
May 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really cute stuff by Sherry as always. Reluctant readers and fans of humor will esp enjoy. Not a hard hand sell to kids. These books always circ very well at my library
Mkittysamom
Weird..and a “shameless plug” maybe because I didn’t read the first 2 books but.. it was a dectective story where the yeti was called to Atlantis because it’s mayor was mining crystals and was greedy.. the krakens are protecting it but the mayor lies and says the kraken is a monster destroying his underwater town powered by the crystals.. he mines too deep into the kracken cavern. Somehow there is a famous Amelia Airheart (spelling err on my part).. I think but named differently and still alive ...more
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
These are cute and fun reads for kids. I didn't enjoy this one as much as the previous, and the illustration for the people was a bit jarring for me. And a little creepier than in the past books. Ditto the Kraken's eye.
Toya Taylor
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Got this in my September OwlCrate Jr. box, and I love this book. I now want to go back and read the other two, and I'm looking forward to others. This is a book that can be enjoyed by all ages. Go check it out for yourself!!!!!!

May 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-the-kiddos, own
My 9 year old loved this book. He wants to read them all. Yetis adventure to save Atlantis was a fun read. That Fox is interesting as well.

I get the bad spelling but I would have preferred them to spell correctly.
Brittany
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait until the next one comes out! I simply love these cute, funny, and quick reads. The story is totally different each time with a mystery to solve, and even though it is black and white you can imagine the world all on your own.
SethRoessner
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love it, the begining started slow but then it got good
Megan (ReadingRover)
Loving this series but this book wasn't as good as the first two. I'm looking forward to reading the next one though.
Booksaregreat
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A nice short read. I got this because it was in an Owlcrate Jr box, but wouldn't have picked it without Owlcrate. (I love how Owlcrate Jr does that!)
Brittany
A cute adventure story.
Amanda Brooke
It's weird what kids love. The Yeti Files are pretty funny. My 8 year old likes them because he's a cryptologist - and well...
Moon Maiden (M. Perez)
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute series for kids!
Bekka
3 1/2 stars -

Very silly in the same vein as Captain Underpants. This would definitely work as a pick for a reluctant reader and particularly for a boy. Parents may find it a bit on the tedious side but there are some funny jokes and it reads very fast. This would be a fun one to read as a family. It has a nice message as well.
Becky B
Atlantis is being attacked by a giant kraken so the mayor calls in Blizz and friends to help. Krakens aren't normally this nasty, and Blizz and friends soon discover that the mayor isn't telling them everything. While the mayor is building grand and glorious technology with the crystals he's harvesting, something bad is happening to the ocean.

I think the extremely short format of this story hurt it. It felt rushed and underdeveloped. It's not bad, just felt like it could have been done so much b
Gail
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
My 9 year old gave this story 4.5 out of 5 stars. This is his type of read: illustrated and funny; perfect for my reluctant chapter book reader. My 11 year old gave it 3.5 out of 5; mostly because it's not his type of read. Regardless we all enjoyed the adventure and the youngest identified the villain right away.
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another one for the nephew (is it wrong to read them before I give them to him?) I already got him the first two but I never read them. Pretty fun.
Jeff
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Good, clean, ridiculous fun!
Hameedah
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Iron Flower
Oct 21, 2016
Pamreads
May 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Malamander (The Legends of Eerie-on-Sea, #1)
  • Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Adventure
  • Max and the Midknights
  • The 52-Storey Treehouse
  • The Boy Who Crashed to Earth (Hilo, #1)
  • The 26-Storey Treehouse
  • The 65-Storey Treehouse
  • Super Amoeba (Squish, #1)
  • Pipsqueaks, Slowpokes, and Stinkers: Celebrating Animal Underdogs
  • When Grandma Gives You a Lemon Tree
  • Dragons in a Bag (Dragons in a Bag #1)
  • Lemons
  • City Spies
  • Garfield Feeds the Kitty (Garfield #35)
  • Garfield Throws His Weight Around (Garfield, #33)
  • The Time Museum (Time Museum, #1)
  • Loser
  • The 78-Storey Treehouse

The Yeti Files (3 books)
  • Meet the Bigfeet (The Yeti Files, #1)
  • Monsters on the Run (The Yeti Files #2)