Start by marking “Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9)” as Want to Read:
Genie in a Bottle (Whatever After #9)

Genie in a Bottle

(Whatever After #9)

Be careful what you wish for...

When my brother, Jonah, and I travel through our mirror into the story of Aladdin, we're excited. There will be magic lamps and genies granting wishes. Right?

Wrong.

The genie we meet isn't QUITE as helpful as we expected. And if Aladdin's wishes don't come true, he won't get to marry the princess and live happily ever after!

Now we have to:
- Es
Published April 26th 2016 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Genie in a Bottle, please sign up.
Anissa Carr Yes, in fact I just seen some of her likes and reviews.
Anissa Carr Yes, it is a very good book. I enjoyed it very much. I hope you will as well.

Madeline J. Rose
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cover-love, mg, fantasy
These are such fun books!
I really love how Mlynowski puts a creative spin on characters you thought you knew.
And Jonah is always good for a laugh! :D
4/5.
Ms. Yingling
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Copy provided by Young Adult Books Central

Since Abby has found out that Maryrose has been cursed, she goes through the mirror to try to help her, although she really should be spending her time trying to get more books under her belt for the school fundraiser read-a-thon. When she and Jonah end up in the world of Aladdin, Abby hopes that she can use her wishes from the genie in the lamp to rescue Maryrose. Unfortunately, she misspeaks her first wish, releasing the genie. Eventually, she ends up
Carly S
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think this was a great book! I think this because I never wanted to put the book down! This book is about a girl named Abby and her brother Jonah who have a magic mirror in their basement! They realized that they were in the fairy tale Aladdin, after they messed up their story! First, Abby gave Aladdin a bloody nose. Second, Abby let the genie escape. And now they don't know how to get Aladdin to marry the princess, save Maryrose (the girl who lives inside their magic mirror) and get home! Wil ...more
Zane Jones
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Still cute. But for me it was just okay.
Angelica Donato
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book.The whatever after series is my favorite series,so I was super excited to start reading this.I read the audio version of this book.I personally think that you have to like fairytales to like this book series.I definitely think this is a fast read especially because it's super good and interesting.I didn't really say much about this book because I don't have anything to say but that this is an amazing book.I recommend this book to fantasy-lovers!
Lori Galaske
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I listened to this book at the insistence of my 9 year old grand daughter. She loves this series, and I can see why. However, I would definitely read this book and NOT LISTEN TO IT! The reader adopts a valley girl-ish accent as she reads, which is like, so, totally annoying!
Cullen P
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2nd-9-weeks
Whatever After Genie In A Bottle This book is about a girl named Abby and a boy named Jonah. They go through their magic mirror this time because, Abby wants to free Maryrose from their mirror. Maryrose is the fairy trapped in their mirror and was cursed to be stuck in there. So they land into the story of Aladdin. So Abby tells Jonah the real story of Aladdin, and Jonah is very disappointed because, he wants to ride on magic carpets. When Abby and Jonah first get in the story they land where Al ...more
Kami
Mar 24, 2016 rated it liked it
- This book wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. I liked it, but it is one of those books that sits right in the middle of a rating scale. It is enjoyable, but I think I'm getting burnt out on this series.

- I really liked the twist on genie in this book. It was fun to see the genie learn new tricks, and she had a fun personality.

- Aladdin seemed really young. I felt like he wasn't much older than Abbey.

- The story was a fun play on the original story. I never know how things will change in th
Julie
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-readers
Still cute and fun like the other ones but I didn't like it as much probably because I really love disney's Aladdin and I don't think anything can top it. I felt myself getting kinda bored halfway through cause the series is getting a bit repetitive, but maybe I'm just being too harsh on a kid's series.
Rebecca Ray
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abby is still trying to think of ways to help Maryrose. She is competing in a read-a-thon at her school in hopes that, if she is the winner, she will be able to request that her school library stock some books that will help her to break Maryrose's curse.

However, it does not look like Abby is going to win. So, instead, Abby decides to go through the mirror on an adventure to see if she can free Maryrose. At first, Abby and Jonah feel like they've hit the jackpot. They're in the story of Aladdin
Bethany
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the WHATEVER AFTER SERIES, brother and sister Abby and Jonah have a magical mirror in their basement. The fairy Maryrose was cursed and forced to live within it. With Maryrose's power, Abby and Jonah enter the fairytales we've all come to love to see if they can break Maryrose's curse.

In GENIE IN A BOTTLE, Jonah and Abby enter the world of Agrabah and into the story of Aladdin and Jasmine. What better place to try and free Maryrose than somewhere with genies? Except as usual, everything goes
Jayla Patrick
The book, "Whatever After, Genie in a Bottle" by Sarah Mlylowski is about two kids a girl and a boy that go into a fairly tail of Aladdin. They use a magic genie ring that helps Aladdin get married to the princess. They went through many obstacles to make the king let Aladdin marry his daughter but it was all worth it.
What I liked about this book is that it was very intense and they would be so close to doing what they wanted to do to help Aladdin and then something else bad happened. It got me
Izze Brand
Oct 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was very good. Usually, when Abby and Jonah go into the mirror, they end up messing up the story. This time, Abby and Jonah try to help Aladin out. First, Abby and Jonah trick the evil man, and they get his Genie. Abby first wishes to help uncurse the fairy that lives in her mirror, but then she realizes her genie is new at this, and not very experienced. Will Abby and Jonah help get the stories happy ending?
AMY
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Grades 3-5
157 pages. Another book in the series of Abby and brother Jonah who go back through the magic mirror to the world of Aladdin to help Maryrose get free from her curse. They encounter an evil magician and once again find many ways to mess up the story by their unfortunate mistakes. The plot was pretty good in this one and I liked how they managed to solve things later. Highly recommended for Grades 3-5.
Abigail
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. my name is Abigail so the fact that the girl's name is abbey and she's ten like me. I love her! And they travel into fairy tales,which I love. And she has a little brother who's 7 like me. I just absolutely love this series. And the awesome thing about these books, is that you don't have to read them in order.
Kalayla Seehafer
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah Mlynowski has done it again for hte ninth time in the Whatever After series. She pulls you into the story making you want to never turn away. Hey, got it the 11 and finished it the next morning! This I think was one of my favorties(first is Rapunzel). It was funny and had lots of fun twists!
Mary Thomas
I love this series, but this one wasn't my favorite. I don't mind that they stick with the original story instead of the Disney version, but it's hard on my brain when they're SO different. I've got two more in the series to read! Usually, I would have stopped a series by now because of getting bored with it, but I do love Whatever After!
Rachel Meyer
I liked this book a little more than the previous book. This time, Abby and Jonah get into the tale of Aladdin. One of things I like most about these books is how they get into the original tales, not the Disney versions. Even though it was weird that Aladdin and the princess fell in love at like 12. But I loved the girl genie. She was awesome. Another cute tale.
Dania
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was another great book. This is the only book that the two fairy tale MCs fall in love at first sight.
And the princess's name is Badr-ul-Badur? What a mouthful!!
And a read-a-thon? Yes please! Me and Frankie need to be friends, the girl read 21 books!!! I als love the fact that these books are based after the original fairy tales, not the Disney ones we've grown up with.
Aryana
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like how Abby and Jonah, ends up some fairy tale anytime they go to the magic mirror in their basement.
Rachel C Curtis
I loved this book! I, infact, had loved every book in that series, though I don't think that I have read them all... I stopped reading those a few years ago!
Blake Williams
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I never realized how different the original fairy tale of Aladdin is compared to the Disney version... I prefer Disney.
Marie
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
My girls and I enjoyed reading this one.
Madeleine Dominguez
It was awesome! I loved all the details!
Salma Elewa
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
good book
Heather Birr
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
7 year old daughter read this for school and loved it! Couldn't get her to put it down!
Olivia
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I like this book and it was about Aladdin and the princess. I like when the princess's father lets the princess marry Aladdin without the 40 buckets of jewels and 80 marchers!
Emma
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I nearly had a heart attack when I read that she dropped her book in the bath.
Fallon
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really exciting and good
Emily Carroll
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not as good as past books but still pretty good. The story of freeing Mary Rose is getting more intriguing.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Disenchanted: The Trials of Cinderella (Tyme, #2)
  • The Melody Kingdom (Cucumber Quest, #3)
  • Mac Undercover (Mac B., Kid Spy #1)
  • The Foggy, Foggy Forest
  • Korgi, Book 2: The Cosmic Collector
  • Princeless, Vol. 4: Be Yourself
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • Jack B. Ninja
  • Bridal Bedlam (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #23)
  • Best Friend Next Door
  • Dragons Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette, #2)
  • Goodnight, Mr. Panda
  • Divided We Fall (Dog Tags, #4)
  • Witchopoly (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #22)
  • Itty Bitty Kitty
  • Snow White and the Seven Robots: A Graphic Novel
  • Good Night, Sweetie
  • The Cobalt Prince (5 Worlds, #2)
Sarah was born in Montreal, Canada. After graduating with an honors degree in English literature from McGill University, she moved to Toronto to work for Harlequin Enterprises. While she never met Fabio, she used her romance publishing experiences to fuel her first novel Milkrun.

Since then, Sarah has written four additional novels for adults: Fishbowl, As Seen on TV, Monkey Business, and

Whatever After (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1)
  • If the Shoe Fits (Whatever After, #2)
  • Sink or Swim (Whatever After, #3)
  • Dream On (Whatever After, #4)
  • Bad Hair Day (Whatever After, #5)
  • Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6)
  • Beauty Queen (Whatever After, #7)
  • Once Upon a Frog (Whatever After #8)
  • Sugar and Spice (Whatever After #10)
  • Abby in Wonderland (Whatever After, #10.5)
“I think we — well, I — messed up the story.” 2 likes
“Couldn’t he have checked his shoelaces BEFORE entering a dark, super-creepy cave?” 1 likes