Start by marking “The Highlander's Runaway Bride (A Highland Feuding #2)” as Want to Read:
The Highlander's Runaway Bride (A Highland Feuding #2)

The Highlander's Runaway Bride

(A Highland Feuding #2)

A pact…a bride…a secret never to be told!

When Eva MacKay learns her father has bartered her off to a warrior from a neighboring clan, she has no choice but to run away, taking her dark secrets with her. Freedom is now within her grasp!

Dutiful highlander Rob Mackintosh tracks down his runaway bride, only to be stunned by the fireworks that erupt between them. For behind E
Published February 23rd 2016 by Harlequin (first published February 16th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Highlander's Runaway Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highlander's Runaway Bride

Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
Oh Terri Brisbin, you have the knack for making a cold and boring weekend an adventure! The Highlander's Runaway Bride is one great book!

Eva Mackay has been through imaginable pain and when she discovers that her father has given her in marriage to a Mackintosh clan warrior, she feels backed against a wall and decides to run for her life in search of the life she recently created.

When Eva's betrothed saves her from her from certain demise, Rob Mackintosh is confused with Eva's behavior and her
Samantha
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 solid Highlander stars.

I really liked how well developed the relationship between Eva and Rob was and how the story built it up. Rob is painted as a protector, a compassionate and tender man. I really enjoyed that because he did what he thought was necessary to protect Eva and have you trust him. It was a different dynamic than is what usually seen in these types of books which was a major plus.

Eva is an interesting heroine in that she causes her partner extreme hell. She flies from the marr
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

I’m picky about what Scottish-set historical books I read. I think that it’s a subgenre that relies more than most on clichés and stereotypes, so while I REALLY enjoy some, I REALLY don’t enjoy others (especially those that go crazy with the phonetically-written accents!).

I don’t know why I picked this one up exactly, but I’m so glad I did. I read it in one sitting, and enjoyed it more than I expected to.

Terri Brisbin is a marvellous writer, who seems to know how much st
Sharlene
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-wllk-yearly
Excellent highlander story! I am always amazed at the quality of the Harlequin Historicals. This is a sequel to Stolen by the Highlander, which I also loved.
Barbee
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Wow! Wow! Terri Brisbin writer extraordinaire never ceases to amaze me! I have been reading her wonderful stories for a couple decades at least whether if its one of her Scottish historical romance's or her wonderful paranormal fantasy Stone Circle series I always seems to be swept away and throughly enchanted and mezmerized. In this book you can feel her passion and how Ms. Brisbin writes with her heart on her sleeve with wonderful dialogue, intricate details and unforgettable characters t ...more
Joann Maggio
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Highlander's Runaway Bride ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ written by Terri Brisbin
(A Highland Feuding #2)

Eva McKay learns her father has given her for marriage to a Mackintosh clan warrior,a cousin to the laird and his first in command. Eva runs away from the arrangement but is soon found by Rob Mackintosh her betrothed. When she is found she in injured and suffering a high fever.

Although, Rob was against the marriage he would still obey his laird and go through with it. Eva, also, does not wish to marry anyone but
Reeds
Jun 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
I decided to give Harlequin Historical a try. I certainly hope this book isn’t typical for this line. This writing is painful. Abrupt ends, no transitions, if she says mayhap “one mo’ time,” diabolical villains, perfect heroes, clichés until you want to scream, the entire thing about lack of communication eons past anything sensible. No, just no.
Dawn Wright
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This second book in the series definitely does not disappoint! I was heartbroken for the heroine. The struggle she faced was heart wrenching. If this is why precursor to how the rest of the series will go I await reading the next novel with baited breath. The author is truly a master of her craft!
Margaret
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A broken heart.

Blackmailed by her father for her sin, the daughter of a Laird forces her into marriage with a warrior of another clan. Engaging romance that will keep you awake long into the night.
Katya
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: highland-romance
Good....again....
Laura Simmons
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great story. I thought the characters emotional struggles were very well done and realistic. It was a rather dark story for the most part and really tugged on my emotional heartstrings. I felt strongly for both Eva and Rob and was rooting for them. This story stayed with me and I caught myself thinking about the hero and heroine when I was doing other things!
Asia Donn've
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Highlander's Runaway Bride is the first book I've read in historical friction. I was hesitant at first but it was an easy read. I feel in love with Eva MacKay and Rob Mackintosh as characters, I wish I could follow them around lol.
Melinda
The Highlander’s Runaway Bride
By Terri Brisbin
A Highland Feuding Book #2

This was actually kind of a sad book, not sad in bad writing but sad emotionally. It starts off with Eva MacKay giving birth and the baby girl gets taken away. She isn’t even healed from giving birth when her father announces she is to be married off to another clan far away. She wants to find her child so she runs away to look for her.

We met Rob Mackintosh in the first book of the series. He’s a bit of a womanizer and does
Aimie
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Highlander's Runaway Bride is the second book in the A Highland Feuding series.

The Highlander's Runaway Bride is about a woman named Eva McKay who ends up arranged to marry highlander Rob Mackintosh. Desperate to not marry, Eva runs away only to be found by Rob himself. As the two come to accept that they are to be married, Eva can't help but think of the one thing she is leaving behind with every step she takes. Sometimes secrets don't stay buried.

I swear I could not put this novel down fo
Susan
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have been a fan of Terri Brisbin's historical romances for many years. I like her Highlander stories, although some have not kept my interest till the end. The Highlander's Runaway Bride had enough emotion and excitement and twists and turns in the plot that found it to be one of the better ones. I will not summarize the story line for you, other reviewers have done that. This story line is refreshing in that the female lead Eva is not a blushing virgin. She has already been in love and had a ...more
Marsha
Having read a couple of stories about women running away from home to escape an unwanted marriage or attachment, it’s refreshing to know how often the trope can be played with by inventive writers.

Eva MacKay starts out skittish, frightened, timid and easily terrified by shadows. But that’s understandable; she grew up under a tyrannical, brutish, punitive father, a man who destroyed her life when it suited him and was willing to fob off his only child to another to cleanse the stain on his famil
Lily
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an emotional story of abuse and betrayal that shaped a young girl into a fearful woman at the hands of her father. Eva MacKay is then forced into marriage with a man she doesn't know to help further her father's evil intentions. Luckily, her betrothed is Rob Mackintosh whom we know from the first Highland Feuding book. He is a strong, kind and caring man who gets more than he bargained for with Eva. As the story unfolds, I felt more and more connected to the characters and what they wer ...more
Debra Taylor
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This book was a lovely read that I enjoyed every page from beginning to end.

I loved the characters in this story. Eva was one of the strongest heroines for the adversities that she braved. I can't even imagine a worse situation, but she remained brave and strong and loyal throughout it all. She never forgot her daughter, but she never let it stop her from seeing the good in her new family, nor from falling in love with a good man. Rob was wonderful even when he was still suspicious of Eva. It w
Donna
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my second book by this author but won't be my last. It's a Harlequin so it's a fairly fast read.
Eva MacKay is forced by her cruel father to wed Rob Mackintosh. She has a secret that she must keep. Rob didn't want to be married but his laird needs the connection with her father so he must wed Eva. Rob is a very good man. I will not write plot spoilers, especially with this book. I don't want to ruin it. I will say you might tear up occasionally. I do like Rob's sister, Margaret, who was i
Maggie Hesseling
May 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I love Terri Brisbin's style of writing. She always brings the characters to life for me in a way that few others do. That being said, this novel isn't (in my opinion) one of her best. I realise that Eva is deathly scared of her father, however at a certain point it seems obvious to me that her husband is nothing like her father. I don't understand why she doesn't tell him earlier, or why she doesn't confide in the women around her. Rob's community is nothing like the one she was raised in as we ...more
Trudy Powders
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Eva gives birth and the child is taken from her.To keep Eva under control her father hides the baby.She is told she must marry a warrior from another clan.Rob comes and finds his bride to be missing.He finds her and they wed.Eva keeps her secret as long as she can,but Rob figures everything out.Eva makes friends in her new home and they become closer they learn to confide in each other.I enjoyed this story.
Séverine
I really loved this book. It made me smile, laugh and cry so much.

It's full of sadness sometimes but it's a beautiful sadness, full of tenderness.

The plot is really interesting, the characters deeply worked and the story is simply amazing!

I'm just so angry that the author needed to put coarse scene in it that makes this book unsuitable for young people and for people like me who prefers beautiful romance without graphic sexual scene.
Regina
Apr 20, 2016 rated it liked it
A middle-of-the-road romance that featured a forced marriage engineered by an abusive and manipulating father-of-bride who stole Eva's newborn babe and killed her lover. Emotions were heartbreaking when plot focused on Eva's grief, especially during her new friend's pregnancy and birth. However, the romance between Eva and Rob was weak. 3 stars.
Sara Mitchell
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Eva and Rob were great characters. They're forced into a marriage and have to figure out a way to make it work. These two didn't just fall into love, you saw their journey into trust, love and respect. The story was well written and the characters really drew one into the tale.
Harlequin Books
"Brisbin packs a lot of emotion into her straightforward tales, and once again takes readers along on a deliciously bumpy ride, starting from tragedy and ending in triumph with well-drawn characters who must make agonizing choices" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews)

Miniseries: A Highland Feuding
Heather andrews
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Rob was a great man, kind, sweet, knew how to apologize when wrong, and he talks about his 'member' like it's a human being and that amused me, ‘the randy lad will rise if you do not cease staring,’ he warned without looking at her. ‘And he likes those noises, too.’ I really liked this book, it reminded me why I love men in kilts.
Larissa Katarina
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved it!!! Great character development!!
kristen
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review up soon at Fresh Fiction
Angie
I spent the entire book yelling JUST TELL HIM ALREADY
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 27, 2015 11:21AM

• Falling for the Highland Rogue (Gilvrys Of Dunross, #3)
  • Her Highland Rogue (Wild Highland Guardian, #1)
  • The Highland Laird's Bride (Lovers and Legends, #3)
  • A Rose In The Storm (Scottish Medieval, #2)
  • Lady with the Devil's Scar
  • Taming the Wolf (de Burgh, #1)
  • The Wrong Highland Bridegroom (Campbell Sisters, #2)
  • The Highland Wife (Trouville #3)
  • The Fraser Bride (Highland Rogues, #1)
  • From Ruin to Riches
  • Pursued For The Viscount's Vengeance
  • Lord Gawain's Forbidden Mistress (Knights of Champagne #3)
  • Warrior of Ice (Warriors of Ireland, #1)
  • An Oath Taken (The Oath Trilogy, #1)
  • Susana and the Scot (Untamed Highlanders, #2)
  • Her Scottish Groom
  • Secrets of a Gentleman Escort (Rakes Who Make Husbands Jealous #1)
  • Borderland Beauty (Borderland Legacy #2)
Terri Brisbin is a USA TODAY Bestselling author and three-time RWA RITA® finalist, and has had her historical and paranormal romances published in more than 20 languages and 25 countries around the world since 1998. She’s written more than 45 novels, novellas and short stories for Berkley/Jove, Harlequin, Kensington Books, NAL/Signet and SMP Swerve. Terri has also self-published her works.

When no

A Highland Feuding (5 books)
  • Stolen by the Highlander (A Highland Feuding #1)
  • Kidnapped by the Highland Rogue (A Highland Feuding #3)
  • Claiming His Highland Bride (A Highland Feuding #4)
  • A Healer for the Highlander (A Highland Feuding #5)