Start by marking “Finding Emma” as Want to Read:
Finding Emma

Read Book* *Different edition

Finding Emma

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
For the last year, Emma Owens has been quietly detached from everything and everyone. Desperate to escape the demons that chased her out of her hometown, she’s learned that life here in Milwaukee is just less complicated and less tragic when it’s a one-woman show.

In the span of one week, everything about her carefully orchestrated solitude comes crashing down. Then again,
Published October 20th 2015 by K. Ryan

To ask other readers questions about Finding Emma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Emma

Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
This review was first posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds as part of the Blog Tour hosted by Indie Sage PR.

Disclaimer: I don’t usually post spoilerish reviews, but I am making an exception for this beauty of a book.

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!

That’s the exact reaction I had, when I finished this book. Exact same one, verbatim, at my workplace, where I was sneaking in some reading time (because I couldn’t complete this book the night before!) when I should have been completing my paperwork.
Paula  Phillips
As a voracious reader, you do find yourself clicking better with some books than others as some you fall in love from the first page, whereas others can take a wee while to get into and for me Finding Emma was one of those reads where I struggled with the book. We first met Emma when she gets home and she is reading a text from her brother Noah, whom we can guess from the interaction she tries to avoid. From this part, we can guess that Emma has had an awful experience from her growing up with t ...more
Corissa Johnston
I received an ARC of "Finding Emma" in exchange for an honest review.
The beginning starts out with a girl having an internal battle with helping a stray cat. She seems terrified to open her screen door and let a stray cat in her home, or more essentially, into her life. The girl is in a self-inflicted exile from her co-workers, hometown, even her family.
Eventually we learn that the lonely girl is Emma, running from her humiliating past.
Then we meet her new neighbor Finn. Finn is recovering from
Mignon Mykel
Received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 / 5 stars
full review can be found at mignon mykel : reviews on 10/27

I absolutely loved Emma and Finn. I loved her fear of cats, and Oliver's insistence on loving on her. I loved her caring brother who tried to keep tabs on her -- in the "big city" (which, I suppose next to her small town you could sneeze in and miss, Milwaukee is big, but I wouldn't necessarily go 'big city'). I loved Emma's need to find a way for herself after a
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
The message this book sends is so fucking on point. SO FREAKING GOOD. I can’t talk about it without being spoilery but Emma’s journey is hard, challenging, and life-altering. Her world has literally been destroyed and her ability to trust has been demolished. She’s timid, aloof, skittish and skirting on the outside edges of life – for a damn good reason. When a stray cat climbs his way into her life, she feels hope for the first time in over a year. Which terrifies the ever living fuck out of he ...more
Breanna Eichhorn
Emma left her home town because of the demons. She is know in Milwaukee working at a diner. Emma gets home and gets a text right away from Noah, she regrets giving him her schedule. She finds out from her neighbor that they are going to be getting new neighbors. Emma comes home from work to find a big truck blocking the way to the building. Later she is sitting by her screen door talking to her cat, there was a knock at her door and it was her neighbor inviting her over to the tailgate
Jane
Oct 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: galleys
Those eyes... they were thieves. Stealing my breath, stealing my resolve to keep my distance, stealing the axis my world rested on and tipping it sideways.

I absolutely love the idea of this book. To be honest, I have not read anything like this (at least the last time I checked). I'm amazed in how K. Ryan managed to write this piece of awesomeness. Anyway, this book focuses on Emma Owens; she's desperately running away from the demons that chased her out of her hometown. For the past year, has b
LG25
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star
Got a rec for this book from the KA forum and am SO GLAD I did! I'm not sure if it was all the references to the Packers (the Lambeau scene was spot-on!) and Water Street (where I've spent an evening or ten), or if it was the depth of emotion that was practically bleeding off the pages, or if it was that adorable cat....aw hell, it was all three. And it made this former Milwaukee girl's heart so happy, I would give it 12 big stars (for "you-know-who"). I'm missing home, but I'm happy. A definite ...more
Renay
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ray2015
This book was very interesting and I love the theme of ethics of cyber civil rights along with cyber-bullying which explain the moral, social, political, moral and educational; which can start debates. The heroine created a bond with the readers on her journey of growth, maturity, and learning to accept herself. The reader will have a lot of emotions with laughing, crying, cheering, and cursing.
Caitlin
I have been a fan of K. Ryan's for some time now and Finding Emma met and surpassed my expectations. I find all of the author's characters to be relatable and complex. Love the story!
Vicki
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was something else. I struggled reading it. I liked the main characters Emma and Finn.
The book started out so slow. The detailing of Emma's adopting the stray cat and getting to know Finn was for me slow. You know that something bad happened to Emma and that's why she is the way she is. Same with Finn. I kept reading and was over whelmed by the emotional end of the book.
It was such a shock and when I read the last word I was in tears. This author did an amazing job dealing with some in
Sara
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been a long time since I've read a book that, when I finished it, I want to drop everything and post a review. I literally finished this book less than 30 minutes ago. It's also rare for a book to be on my mind this much. There is just so much I want to say about Finding Emma.

While Finding Emma is a romance at its core, the book goes way beyond that. This is more the just a fluffy romance. As I read the book, I went through a lot of emotions - happy, sad, angry (and not necessarily for t
N
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This piece of literature was very interesting and contained excellent social, educational, political and moral debates around the ethics of cyber civil rights. The writer creates characters who are well drawn out and with a three dimensional consciousnesses of the central protagonists. Unlike many contemporary twenty first century writers, Ryan suitably uses the first person to create a provocative and emotive appreciation of the heroine. For me, as a female reader, I certainly appreciate and re ...more
Kaylin Beach
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Finding Emma by K. Ryan is a story about a woman named Emma who moves from her home town to be alone. Emma enjoys being under the radar, especially after her horrible past. Emma soon meets a cat who changes Emma's lives. Who knew so much love could come from a cat, and I am talking about way more than just the cat's love. Emma meets a young man named Finn. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to Emma and she is actually happy again! But can he handle her past?

Finding Emma is not your
Megan
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This was an excellent contemporary romance. I had a hard time putting it down and ended up flying through it in just an afternoon. There’s so much emotion that pours off the pages of this book. It’s a wonderful story and it pulled at my heartstrings. The way the characters respond to each other and open up with one another was really beautiful.

Finn and Emma first meet when Finn and his roommate move into the apartment across the hall from Emma. Emma is pretty much a recluse and is hesitant to ha
Noura
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay this is one of my favourite books of the year! This is a book about life. In life they're some things that are hard and some that are easy. Emma's life has been harder than most but easier than others. I really liked that the story is technically a true story ( well Oliver is and I love that ), even though the story is quite similar to the authors, I like that Emma's past didn't happen to the author but it happened to a celebrity and that's how she got the inspiration to write this story.

F
Libby Chastain
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real problem in USA

I won't tell you what the story is about but it is about a real issue happening in our world today. I really liked that at the beginning you are kind of guessing what happened to the character and when you find out it wasn't what I thought happened. I like that the character learn on her own to be strong in herself.
Sue ~girls who don't read are skanks~
Nice, easy contemporary read with a great message. Not a lot of Romance, drama or angst, the message that this book tries to tell (and succeeds at doing so) is definitely the authors priority here.
Tracy
Apr 05, 2016
Sinai
Feb 21, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Vulture (Forbidden Desires, #2)
  • Gamed
  • Bounty: Fury Riders MC (Fury's Storm MC #1)
  • Beneath His Darkness (Healing Hearts, #3)
  • Once More From the Top (The Women of Willow Bay #1)
  • Until Now
  • Bad Boy Valentine (Bad Boys on Holiday, #2)
  • Bare Hearts
  • Awakened
  • Cancun (Bad Boys on the Beach, #1)
  • Hard Fought (Stepbrother Warriors #2)
  • Lola's House
  • On Her Knees
  • Playing with Fire (Elements of Love, #2)
  • Secrets
  • Bad For Me
  • Special Relationship
  • The Junior Bridesmaid

K. Ryan lives in the Green Bay area with her crazy-supportive boyfriend and the best decision of her adult life, a not-so-stray cat named Oliver. When not writing, she’s either binge-watching something on Netflix, running, reading, or cheering on the Packers.

Follow her on Twitter and Instagram (@authorkryan) and Facebook or visit her website, for updates and news.

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)