Start by marking “Savage” as Want to Read:
Savage

Savage

(Savage #1)

The future is looking bright for Sidney Moore as she gets ready to leave the small island of Benediction for one of Boston’s top veterinary programs. There are some bumps in the road to navigate—her father’s recovery from a debilitating stroke, her own guilt for ending her relationship with her high school boyfriend, and having to leave behind her deaf German shepherd, Sno ...more
Published May 31st 2016 by Simon Pulse

Taylor Knight
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I don't know how I feel about this book. I liked it at first but it kind of became boring after a while. It was kind of confusing with all of the perspectives of seemingly random people. I think of core concept was really cool but the whole book seemed kind of like an original movie on the Syfy channel. I got some Sharknado vibes from this book.
Overall, it was okay. I kind of regret paying $18 for this book when I should have just waited for the paperback. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this
Lizardhands
Jul 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
I wrote a review for this book and by the time I was able to articulate how much I didn't like it, my session had timed out and my entire review was sucked into the abyss. So now I have to start over.

To start with, I haven't been this angry reading a book since Twilight, and losing my completed review didn't help. I finished reading it only so I could hate it more effectively.

It had the ingredients for a good story, but unfortunately they were all combined so haphazardly that the resulting boo
Terri Robinette
Raging storms sweep the islands. The aftermath reveals no survivors. Yet, what is responsible for the alarming deaths? No storm created such horror. Scientists are seeking an answer to the animal rage responsible for the loss of human lives while a group of islanders seek an answer to survival as the storm presses down upon them. The horror and brutality of the animal attacks leave you to wonder how it would be possible for anyone to survive these end of the world events. The reader must continu ...more
Melinda
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, sci-fi
Sidney and her friends must race to find the origin of a storm that has hit their small island home turning every animal into savage weapons in this suspenseful thriller. The hurricane transform all the things that creep, crawl, and flutter into instruments of terror and death. This is really creepy. I found I couldn't read it before bed time or I couldn't get to sleep
Wendy
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, mystery, ya
“Savage” reminiscent of James Patterson’s Zoo begins with a violent storm that changes insects, pets and animals native to the island of Benediction into rampaging, savage weapons hunting humans.

The plot opens with Sidney Moore a young woman who’s about to enter veterinary school, leaving behind a recovering father, Snowy her deaf German shepherd and a shattered ex-boyfriend who hasn’t come to terms with their sudden breakup. Encountering a friend Rich Stanmore who needs help getting his sailbo
Fallon
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was intense.
Fallon
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Savage kept me up all hours of the night shaking. Granted I do not read horror but this book was creepy in all the right ways
Louisa
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was creepy and awesome! Great story, so enjoyable, I just loved reading it!
Natalia Ventura
Gabby
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do if your small town was suddenly fighting for their lives from malicious monsters. Now, imagine those monsters as your loving pets, native animals, and insects. If one loves mystery, thriller, and the teeniest bit of romance this novel is for you. The name of this novel is Savage by Thomas E. Sniegoski. Sidney lives on a small island off of Massachusetts called Benediction. Sidney is getting ready to leave her small island and ready for a top veterinarian school in Boston. Howev ...more
Romy
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
When I bought this book I was very excited to read it. I feel like this book was full of potential but the writing wasn't good, I didn't feel like I cared for the characters and I was very frustrated with the continuation of so many different perspectives. I kept wanting the story to move forward and when it seemed like something exciting was going to happen, the story would change to another perspective that I honestly had no care or interest for. I think it could have been much stronger if thi ...more
Olivia
Aug 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
So I got this arc at yallwest a year ago and didn't pick it up until a couple of days ago. I needed a book to read in between phone calls at work and this book could not keep me engaged. There were endless characters. I wouldn't be able to tell you most of their names because none of them stuck out to me. They were all boring. They also all had something up with them. Could I tell you what? No, sorry.

Moving on. All I knew about this book was there was a storm coming, and tbh that's all this boo
Dawson
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Until the end of the book it was pretty okay, but once the ending hit, the whole idea of the book took a kind of turn you'd expect in a more childish series. The ending seemed to be really forced in order just to have a second book be made to continue this weird story line of animals becoming violent over some alien technology, which only affects those who can hear it, and only affecting some humans? Overall the idea was great until it became very unrealistic since their didn't seem to be any in ...more
Jessalynn W.
Kalaina
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rather enjoyed this book! very suspenseful!!! I'd often find myself shrieking "don't open that door!" or "Are you crazy!?!?" or "oh my gosh!!! that is so gross!!!" or just plain "RUN IDIOT RUN!"
the only reason this book is not getting a 5/5 is because I felt the ending fell flat. Perhaps There's no real good way to end a book like that, but the ending this author choose disappointed me a bit. Choosing an easy way out so to speak.
Sarah Gaff
I was really excited going into this story. The prologue definitely catches you with an iron grip & I was intrigued from the get-go. It starts out much like a Stephen King read - the delicious mystery drawing you deeper & deeper in. Then at the end it becomes like an H.P. Lovecraft - weird and just...stupid. Yanks you right out of the story with the stupidity of it. I was severely disappointed. Also, a warning to Animal lovers: do NOT read this.
Jen
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
I loved that the main character was a strong female, I loved that the descriptions of what was happening were thorough and drove the fear home. The ending kind of sucked in that it was predictable, and overused. It would have been better with more creativity, but it was an entertaining read for the most part.
Shanna_redwind
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, survival
I really enjoyed reading this book. I was almost turned off of it by some of the reviews here, but decided to read it anyway and I'm glad I did.

The book was not a literary masterpiece, that I admit. But it was full of nonstop action, and it felt like a grade B horror movie. I love watching a great grade B horror, and I enjoyed reading this just as much.
star_fire13
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a really quick and easy read. I found myself surprisingly engaged, despite the fact that I hated Sidney, the main character. I wished Doc Martin had been the main character! haha I'm excited to read the next one!
Lectus
Jul 03, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
Bored me. By page 100 still nothing...
A nice movie for the SyFy channel could make out it, though. They'd spend 3/4 of the movie building up to the storm and then 1/4 with actual storm and what it brings...
Martin Matias
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was very entertaining and full of action and mystery. I really liked it.
Scarlett
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Love it.
Candace Graham
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME !!

Amazing story....started slow but got crazy fast. Lol. It was super scary n creepy and I loveed it. Already bought the 2nd book and its on the way in the mail. Cant wait to read it.
Gina
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creepy, very creepy.
Leah Evans
too much build up, not enough resolution. became really farfetched in the end. the alien invasion part felt like a bit of a stretch.
Charles Tan
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is good, really awesome, there is no parts of feeling bored from the start to the end. Going to catch the second book and follow on with the story.
Valary
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, scifi, ya
quickly paced horror scifi
a little bit uneven
Kristen
Savage reads like a book based off of a Syfy original movie. It's like a bad, low-budget horror film, where the characters make consistently stupid decisions (and have no other discerning characteristics), and everyone dies horribly bloody deaths that are nothing but grotesque.

Sidney Moore, the MC, is leaving her home island of Benediction to go to college. She's wrapping up her island life by breaking up with her longtime boyfriend and trying to figure out what she's going to do about her fathe
Michelle Arredondo
May 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Have not read a single thing from Thomas E. Sniegoski but from many people that do read his books I have seen mostly wonderful reviews. So that's a good thing and I am tempted to get into some more of his books. Did I like this book?? I liked it...I didn't love it...but yeah know I think maybe I was just not in the reading mood for this book. Again, I did like it...it had great parts of this story...actually great is not the word. The word I am looking for is straight up bizarre...insanity...I o ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Savage 1 13 Jul 21, 2016 12:04PM
  • Pull
  • Star Touched
  • Hardwired
  • Freaks of Nature (The Psion Chronicles #1)
  • Domino Falls (Devil's Wake, #2)
  • Facsimile
  • Crashing Paradise (The Menagerie, #4)
  • Surviving the Fog (Surviving the Fog #1)
  • Absolute Zero Cool
  • Twilight Forever Rising
  • This I Would Kill For (Natalie King, Forensic Psychiatrist, #3)
  • Oracle (The Seeker Series, #4)
  • Just Like Heaven (Sweetland, #2)
  • Outbreak (The Black #3)
  • Extra Life
  • Carus & Mitch
  • Eye of the Hawk (Tears of Gods and Dragons #1)
  • Extra Credit Epidemic
THOMAS E. SNIEGOSKI is the author of more than two dozen novels for adults, teens, and children. His teen fantasy YA series Fallen was adapted into a trilogy of monstrously successful TV movies by ABC Family Channel. His other books for teens include Sleeper Code, Sleeper Agenda, and Force Majeure, as well as the upcoming series The Brimstone Network. The author's first adult novel, A Kiss Before ...more

Savage (2 books)
  • Monstrous (Savage, #2)
“They're gonna get us', she cried as he tried to hold her tight. She was like a wild animal fighting to escape. 'They come in the storm!'
Fighting for its life.
'They come in the storm!”
0 likes
“The organism - there was no other thing she could think to call it - churned and moved as it propelled itself across the ground, the living bodies of animals briefly appearing before being submerged in a sea of bugs as others rose to the surface.

And then there were the bones.

At first she didn't quite understand what she was seeing. For a moment she believed that they were pieces of wood - limbs of trees picked up by the undulating mass - but when she saw the skull, its jaw hanging open in a silent scream, she understood the horror of what it was.

the remains of victims were a part of its body, flowing within the multitude that made up its mass.”
0 likes