Start by marking “When I Was Yours” as Want to Read:
When I Was Yours

When I Was Yours

“Marry me.”
“What?” I stared back at him, unblinking.
He moved closer, taking my face in his hands. “I love you, Evie. I look into the future, and the only thing I see clearly is you. Marry me.”

What’s an eighteen-year-old girl who was madly in love with her nineteen-year-old boyfriend say?

Of course, I said yes.

Twenty-four hours later, I married Adam Gunner at a Vegas chapel
Published November 10th 2015 by Samantha Towle Writes

Samantha Towle
Sep 10, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

TEASER #1 - Adam's POV...

I’m pretty sure I just fell in love.
Well, it’s probably more like lust—big lust—but whatever. I have to have her. Now.
I take a step toward her, following her. “I think you’re fucking amazing.”
Her smile gets wider, and she laughs, biting down on her bottom lip. “And I think you might be a little crazy. Oh, I forgot to give you this.”
Jogging back to me, she pulls her sketchpad from her bag, opens it up and tears a page out. She shoves the sketchpad back in her bag and han
Christy
Sep 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 66865E1C-0016-4FB1-8A2A-8FC8B553288A_zps9i1sezww.jpg

When I Was Yours is a book I’ve been looking forward to for a while. This is a second chance romance, and it’s angsty, heartbreaking and emotional. I love all of Samantha Towle’s books, and although this one wasn’t my favorite, it was still enjoyable for me.

photo 4B05B2AF-A7B4-49A5-B4C9-5C60D1B4054A_zpsjhwbulb2.jpg

Adam and Evie had an epic year of romance when they were younger. They fell in love fast and hard, and even though they were young, they were happy and in love. They knew for sure this was the real deal. So they got married. She w
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 18, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
I. NEED. THIS. BOOK!!!!!

“Marry me.”
“What?” I stared back at him, unblinking.

Of course, I said yes.

Twenty-four hours later, I married Adam Gunner at a Vegas chapel to the sounds of “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi. Not the best omen. I get that now.

Then, exactly
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5 Beautiful Stars++++++

Wow just wow what a beautiful read!!!  photo 3F8A1530-4253-4E1D-8306-561E5D9DA7E5_zpssd3wkgme.jpg

This is the reason why I love to read Romance, why I love to read total! I have been in deep with this book all weekend, I thought about the characters and their love and how much they meant to each other. How they were obviously meant to be. This is a story based on how two people fell for each other, yet it takes ALOT of pain to get to be happy. Their happy. It's the Epic kind of love that I look for and thrive to look for when I w
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review
It's Live! * Amazon US * Amazon UK * iBooks US * iBooks UK * Kobo * B&N *

WHEN I WAS YOURS is a sweet and tender second chance Contemporary Romance steeped with heartfelt emotions and a dash of intrigue. I felt the tense interaction between the hero and heroine who demonstrate a strong physical connection as they navigate their way through their relationship that on the outside appears to be irreparably broken. I smiled and shed a tear as their journey through life unravels showcasing their p
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
The story is predictable and cliché but it’s hot and enjoyable nonetheless.

Adam & Evie

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This is a very sad love story about a young couple who met and fell in love, got married and then had everything taken away. It's told in both main character's POVs and alternates between the past, eleven years ago, and the present.

Adam and Evie are the quintessential young lovers. Their story is sweet, full of romance and first time sex. They really have a good thing going and I really enjoyed their story. I hated knowing that things fell apart.

description

But fall apart they do and your heart really goes
Catarina
4 Second Chance Stars

Adam and Evie fell in love. The got married and they thought it was forever… until it wasn’t anymore. One morning Evie left without one explanation.
Adam never recovered… and never forgave her as well.
Ten years later Evie is back and determined to finally tell the truth, but can be a love too broken for a second chance?

description

I love second chance romances, and to be honest, this one was right up my alley. Mix a sexy couple, a past secret, some emotion and a love that never died?
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
The book was Predictable and that kinda made it pathetic.

The plot of the story is so USED, even a sex addict wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Predictable to the E, because you would have read this story a 100 times, just in a different setting.

I was so looking forward to this book, hoping for an amazing strong story, what I got was God knows what.
It was a nice read, no doubt, because the author writes well...

The starting of the book was so promising, I loved it.. but later as the story went
Sabrina
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 Disappointing Stars

When I saw this book on my Kindle I totally fangirled and wanted to start it right away. I prepared myself for hours upon hours of reading with my supply of M&M's and my fluffy blanket, then dove right in. But then I got to the second chapter and realized that the book would be back and forth from the present to the past and my excitement dropped.

When Evie was seventeen she met Adam and her whole world changed. They fell in love and for a year were blissfully happy. Ad
Beverly
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I should’ve known from the moment I met her that, eventually, she’d be my downfall. I mean, I am Adam, and she’s my fucking Eve. It had been written in the cards.

Adam and Evie met when you they were barely legal adults, him eighteen and her seventeen. Regardless of age they developed a connection and for almost a year their love was a fairytale. However, some fairytales don’t end in happily ever after. One week after their marriage Evie up and leaves Adam with no explanation. He spends count
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, it had been so long since I read a Samantha Towle book. Too long. Reading When I was Yours reminded me just how much I love Sam's writing style—the way she crafts her characters, the angst she sprinkles liberally in her pages and the amount of heart she give us in every word. Reading this felt like coming home. The last book of hers I read was Trouble and I realized, after reading this novel, how much I missed this author's stories. It gave me an immediate urgency to go and read everyt ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5 STARS

The beginning was good but then it wasn't exactly what I was expected.But the main reason I give it 3,5 STARS is because I didn't like all the chapters from the past.I can understand that the author wants to show us how they met and become a couple but I wanted to see more about how they are now.

~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~

Me after reading When I was yours

description

This books was a journey of love, of lust, of hurt, of forgiveness, of acceptance. Everything is not perfect but I couldn't give it less than 5 because it blew me away! It took me by the gut. I laughed, I cried, I was anxious, nervous. I wanted to end this torture and know what was their HEA.

Samantha Towle knows how to keep your interested. The story is told from both pov' and is told both in the past and present time.
Every chapter I ended up either smiling becau
Rachel Reads Ravenously

So this is one of those books where I really did enjoy it, but the 3.5 star rating is because I've read this story before.

Sorry Samantha Towle, I love your books and the angsty goodness you dole out but honestly there was nothing in this book I haven't already read from a second chance romance. Nothing about it really stood out except for the reason why Evie left.

I will say that this was written really well and if I wasn't such a connoisseur of second chance romance, I would have
Poisonic
Note: H and h separated for 10 years but they still remained married because H didn't sign the divorce papers. While h stayed celibate during their separation, H became a supermanwhore and started screwing any woman who resemble h.
Lyndy Ann ♫
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was my eighth Samantha Towle book and as it is a stand alone I kept it until I was stuck for something good to read. I enjoyed When I Was Yours this for me it felt like two separate stories.

We meet Adam and Evie in Malibu in 2004 we share in all their firsts, first meeting, first date, first kiss and everything else from there. Then we jump to 2015 Beverly Hills and to Adam and Evie in the present where they are both just existing living day to day both with broken hearts.

What happened???
Wh
Jeannine Allison
WARNING: It's angsty as hell! lol ;)

Do you ever read a synopsis and just think yes, I need this, I want this, and I don't care that I have 34 other books waiting on my Kindle, I'm buying and reading this bitch NOW? That was this book for me, I discovered it's existence roughly 30 hours ago and I'm already done with it...and I LOVED it.

I could definitely see how this wouldn't be a book for everybody though. I know a lot of other reviews commented on (and had a problem with) the predictability and
London
Don't care what the situation was. He refuses to sign divorce papers yet he'll still fuck other women while legally married. He's a cheater.

Another piece of trash passed off as "romance"
Vilma Iris
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Angst!!! Quick, fun-to-read, fast-paced second chance romance. Review to come!
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
REVIEW TO COME
4 Stars!
(BR with Sharon)
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Such a beautiful story!!!
I was so looking forward to this release - and I wasn't disappointed at all. Yes - it's a tiny bit one of those predictable romances - nothing really new - BUT - we all love those books, don't we? I know I do. I loved Adam sooo much. He was so adorable and sad and I just wanted to hug him all through the book. And yes - I kinda knew why she left from the beginning - and I hoped that it wouldn't be too predictable, that it would be something bigger, more exciting and dif
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 - 5 Heart-Stopping Stars

This book is why I read contemporary romance. The swoony hero, the beautiful, sweet heroine who is hiding a tragic secret, the explosive passion, but most of all, the deep and emotional connection I felt for Adam and Evie all added up to a perfect page-turner that kept me up all night.

Adam!! My heart broke for him and for the love he lost with Evie. Adam and Evie (LOVE the names!) fell in love when they were just teenagers. Adam did not trust many people so when Evie
Nawal
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I’ll start by saying, that whilst in the beginning of this book, I had trouble concentrating and I kinda went through a mini book slump as well. I thought I wouldn’t get in to this book but boy was I wrong.

I was up till 3 am last night finishing it because I was so hooked. I just couldn’t wait to figure out their story. Evie and Adam were together at 18, 10 years ago, to the point where they got married a year later, and then a week after Evie up and left without a single word. He hadn’t heard f
Michelle
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Brilliant i really enjoyed this 💞💞💞
NinaReader
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it

"All I got-after a year together and one week of marriage-was Evie disappearing without a word.
When the pain was unbearable, which was pretty regularly, I would take some coke and go out to a bar alone. I'd stay out until I found someone who looked enough like Evie to get me through the night. I was addicted to having sex with women who looked like my ex-wife.
I hate her for living her life without me. And I hate that I haven't been able to live without her. Because, really, all I have done fo
Spoiler Whore-Momoa

In this second chance romance, we have get past and present dual POV's from the characters Adam and Evie. Their relationship starts at the age of seventeen(Evie) and nineteen(Adam) when they meet on the beach of Malibu. Adam comes from Hollywood blood while Evie is just your average girl. The attraction is there not by only how they look but how they get each other. Adam comes from a loveless broken home while Evie comes from a home full of love though it's been broken by a tragedy. As
Viviana
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a cute fun read. Predictable but I still enjoyed it. 4 stars.
Jan
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
***2.5 Stars***

I was expecting a heartbreaking story.
It didn't get even near my heart though.
Something was missing, emotionally missing.
Besides, it was so very predictable.
Disappointing :(
Beverly
“Because I never got over you! I’ve spent the last ten years of my life pining away over you like an idiot while you moved on to a brand-new life, doing God knows what, fucking God knows who!"

photo tumblr_inline_mzyhstqDYU1suk512_zpsf020787c.gif
 photo tumblr_inline_n7tphpj3mp1srtrbm_zps51887c95.gif

"When I was yours" started with a BANG. Just the way I love my love stories. Tell me how broken my characters are and take me through a painful, sad and beautiful journey. Make me understand their feelings and decisions. Make me fall in love with them. And when I finally say: 'I have been there', Yep, t
Turning Pages At ...: When I Was Yours by Samantha Towle 13 38 Dec 28, 2015 08:48AM
  • Naked Edge
  • Kiss Me
  • The Traveling Woman (Traveling, #2)
  • Sins of September (September, #1)
  • Clouds in My Coffee (Limbo, #2)
  • Talking Trouble
  • Until You
  • From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover, #1.5)
  • Every Wrong Reason
  • Binding Arbitration (Chicago Sports Romance #2)
  • The Scars Between Us
  • Abandon (Shattered Hearts, #5)
  • Keeping Secrets
  • Tethered
  • Just the Way You Are (Decadence Creek, #2)
  • Star-Crossed
  • Fade to Red
  • Commitment
SAMANTHA TOWLE is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She began her first novel in 2008 while on maternity leave. She completed the manuscript five months later and hasn’t stopped writing since.

She is the author of contemporary romances, The Storm Series and The Revved Series, and stand-alones, Trouble, When I Was Yours, The Ending I Want, Unsuitable, Wardrobe
“AND FOR THAT WONDROUS BRIEF MOMENT IN TIME, SHE WAS MINE, AND I WAS HERS.” 7 likes
“There is nothing to worry about, honey. Adam has nothing to do with anything.” Except that he has something to do with everything. “He’s just someone I used to know.”

I have to stop myself from breaking out in song.”
1 likes