Start by marking “Stockholm Syndrome” as Want to Read:
Stockholm Syndrome

Stockholm Syndrome

(Hope Sze Medical Mystery #4)

Two doctors. One killer. One woman in labour.

A killer infiltrates the obstetrics ward of a Montreal hospital just before Christmas, taking one pregnant woman and one resident doctor hostage at gunpoint.

Dr. Hope Sze struggles to deliver her patient's baby with blood on the floor and death in the air.

And when Dr. Tucker tries to rescue their tiny crew, only to end up hostage
ebook
Published December 1st 2015 by Olo Books

To ask other readers questions about Stockholm Syndrome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stockholm Syndrome

Pearl Angeli
Whoa, what a roller coaster of a story!

I wasn't able to read the previous books of this series but because it can be read as a standalone, it was still worth it. The story starts when Dr. Hope Sze, together with Dr. John Tucker, encounter a mad kidnapper who is looking for the mother of his child at the hospital. When the two of them ended up being hostages, that's the time when action takes place.

I loved the fast pacing of this book and the overall thrill that came along with it. It was such a
Gerald
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Here's a book that's easy to read, but hard to review.

It's a page-turner, thrilling while sensitive, super-serious while witty, and gutsy while insightful. So why so difficult to review?

In the first place, I want to give my reader information about the story, but I don't want to give anything away. No spoilers.

More than that, however, it makes me feel like an appraiser of fine property confronted with an item for which there is nothing comparable. It's simply unlike anything else I've ever read.
Babus Ahmed
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A night on call turns into a tense hostage situation for OB resident, Dr Hope Sze, when a man dressed in a burqa pulls out a gun on the hunt for his pregnant girlfriend. Can Hope and friend Tucker stop the bloodshed and talk themselves out of this deadly situation?

This tense and taut short suspense medical thriller is lightened up by the sense of humour Hope injects into the narrative, but everything that can go wrong seems to in this heart-stopping story.

The booze and drug addled antagonist is
Lynne Baxter
This was more of a thriller than a mystery but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Very good read.
Patricia Filteau
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Stockholm Syndrome by Melissa Yi

Whoa! What a thriller. I couldn’t put it down. Melissa Yi pushed the suspense to the brink.
Brilliant character development as the killer on a murderous rampage puts the breaks on in the claustrophobic confines of a hospital examination room where he has confined, at gunpoint, Dr. Hope Sze, Dr. John Tucker and a pregnant woman with a baby desperate to be born. Yi keeps the reader on the edge of the precipice as she plunges us into the depths of the killer’s psycho
VMChick
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get my hands on the latest Hope Sze thriller…and what a thriller it was! I was captivated from the first page and ended up getting out of bed at 5am so that I could finish it and find out what happened - that’s how compelling a read it is. The thing I like most about this series is Hope’s sarcastic wit and this book is filled with her one-liners even in the grimmest of situations. Another thing I love about this series is that it is set in Montreal, my hometown, and it is alw ...more
Chelsea
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melissa Yi is a talented physician and storyteller. Stockholm Syndrome unfolds quickly after a resident doctor and a pregnant woman are taken hostage at gunpoint. Everything is questioned. Everything falls apart. Just like an episode of Grey's Anatomy, regular people are put in heartbreaking situations. The beauty of Stockholm Syndrome is it's writing, it's ability to pull you in and leave you wanting more. It's a quick-read, but it never feels like you're being rushed - instead each chapter dra ...more
Murder in Common
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quite enjoyable read, you won't regret the time spent- http://wp.me/p3XU1u-4lr
Marilyn
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome.

I couldn't put it down. loved this one. Hated the ending, but loved the book.

Can't wait for the next one...so far I've read every one by Melissa Yi.
Glenna
Jun 13, 2019

• Shadow Unit 7
  • Going Grey
  • The Return
  • The Exiled Element (James Becker, #4)
  • Fallout
  • 58 Minutes (Die Hard, #2)
  • Graveyard Shift
  • Twelve Days
  • MirrorWorld
  • The Seventh Sun
  • The Last Sword Maker (The Course of Empire #1)
  • Firewalk (Recondito #1)
  • Invasive Species
  • Lost Girl
  • Ill Wind
  • Dark Soul: The Complete Collection (Dark Soul, #1-5)
  • I'll Be Watching You
  • The Bone Farm (Jane Hawk, #0.5)

Hope Sze Medical Mystery (5 books)
  • Code Blues (Hope Sze Medical Mystery, #1)
  • Notorious D.O.C. (Hope Sze Medical Mystery, #2)
  • Terminally Ill (Hope Sze Medical Mystery, #3)
  • Human Remains (Hope Sze Medical Mystery, #5)