Start by marking “A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)

A Reason to Live

(Reason #3)

WARNING: Author believes in soul mates and insta-love, proceed with caution if you're not a romantic at heart.

Love's greatest cure is salvation of one’s soul.

Shane Sherman has a problem. Well, two, actually. One has auburn hair and pale-green eyes, and the other? . . . Is a secret. One he doesn't want to talk about. But all that changes when Sage comes to town.

Sage Sloan i
Published February 21st 2016

Stacey is Sassy
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, cont-series
If they’d only listened to Maxine from the beginning…

I really enjoyed A Reason to Live. This series has a serious undertone, but the most memorable parts are the laugh out loud, crazy antics of the women and their dealings with the Queen of Trail Bend, Maxine. We’re meeting a hero that is dealing with guilt, PTSD and self-loathing, and a heroine who is recovering from the death of a loved one, childhood mental and physical abuse and her own guilt. But when it came to writing this review, all I c
C.P. Smith
Oct 19, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

image:

PTSD is debilitating, and an estimated 22 veterans a day take their own lives after bravely serving this country. That’s unacceptable to me. If I could write an HEA for every one of those brave men and women, I would. But unfortunately, they don’t recover as quickly as I can write it in a book.

http://goo.gl/bzt7ot Barnes and Noble
https://goo.gl/1wYT9Z iBooks
https://goo.gl/A8LTGi KOBO

Amazon:

http://amzn.to/1PZv5dC US
http://goo.gl/PyrKCD UK
Pam
5 breathe me stars
“You want a perfect storm?”

“Yes. A beautiful storm that leaves me gasping for air, my feet searching for the ground beneath them and love so profound, time stands still in the face of it.”

I LOVE this book, hard! Lately I've been drowning myself in darker-broken reads, so you can imagine how my heart just gobbled this all up. Like all of Ms. Smith's books, she caters to us romantics who believe in soul-mates and insta-love. Insta love is one that I can say Ms. Smith has m
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

Blog Review: http://www.sweptawaybyromance.com/201...

5 "C.P. Smith Gives Me So Many Reasons To Read" Stars!!

Shane Sherman…where to begin! He’s passionate, controlling, stubborn, protective, and a thoroughly ALL ALPHA MAN!!! If you’re in trouble, he’s the one that you want protecting you, because if it means him dying to make you safe he’s prepared to meet his maker!!!!

Unfortunately, he fails to see all the qualities that make him a good friend, protector, and partner, he sees failure when he l
Gi's Spot Reviews
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Review to come...
nicklein
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: companion-books
“If you’d given me a chance, I would have tried to be your anchor, to keep you grounded, given you a reason to live. You could have breathed me in, even when it hurts to breathe, and I would have helped you heal. You could have found love so profound it stopped time in the face of it—that’s what I would have given to you if you’d been brave enough to try.”

If that didn't hit you right in the feels, I don't know what will. Damn this book. It made a blubbering mess out of me.

It's written in a dua
Duchess Nicole
LOVE C.P. Smith. She's Kristen Ashley without the annoying back and forth, pointless arguing and repeat heroes. Her heroes are uber alpha, which I love. They're controlling and domineering but they allow their women their quirks. The heroines are funny and dynamic. Lots of romance, hot sex, dash of suspense and loads of romance. A little ott on the cheese factor at times, but I'll slurp all her books up from here on out. She's divine.
~Kristin~
Woo hoo!! Love. This. Series!!

Michelle
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A quick note before I dive in. PTSD. The author did a fantastic job tackling this subject. She didn’t gloss over it but she also did not focus solely on it. She did a great job showing the impact it without it becoming too educational (as a subject matter) or making this reader feel like it was used as just a tool to create an emotional impact with disregard to the reality of it all. Also, this author is all about the alpha-male and the instant-love, but not like the insta-love that results in i ...more
Sheila'S Book Corner
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok so Aurora Rose Reynolds recommended this book and well if she says something I listen!

So I went in without knowing anything and in two days I binged read all three books.

Twenty-nine years I'd been alive and my earliest memories were of heartache and pain. For the first time in my life, despite being in danger, I felt safe. Safe to breathe. Safe to love. Safe to dream.

Shane Sherman is that guy you want in your corner. He is the one that you want protecting you. He is the one that would pro
Lindsay
Wow. I have to say that CP Smith gets better with each book! This is definitely my favorite book of this series.

Just to break this down…I found the mystery/suspense to be compelling. There are times where I’m able to figure out who the bad guy is, but this time, I didn’t. I’m sure other people will be able to, but I definitely did a little double take of “omg, did I read that right!? Did she see that right!? Was she hallucinating!?” So that was a pleasant surprise. I also loved that even though
 B.E.Love
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars, a great end to an amazing series. Review to come.
Penny
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
A Reason to Live was great. Maxine alone was magnificent in this new (and last→read with whiny and teary voice) installment, but Shane and Sage as a couple were pretty fantastic too. Add to that we get to visit with Jess & Jack, while Mia & Max are another common fixture in this one which made it positively marvelous for me.
Shane was the definition of an alpha, bossy and possessive male… when he finally pulls his head out of his ass that is. Suffering mildly from PTSD and a crushing guil
Red Cheeks Reads
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“He better get his shit together soon,” I mumbled under my breath. “If a man’s gonna order me around, I should, at least, be getting something in return for my trouble. Like an orgasm . . .or twenty.”

A Reason To Live is the third book in the series and while the synopsis suggest reading them all in order I personally believe that you could read this as a standalone and not get confused. We are back again in Trail Ridge, Alaska and can I just mention again how much I love this small town and it
Tracie Douglas
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This CP Smith's best book to date and the best read of the year!!

I freaking LOVED this book and I freaking LOVE this writer!

I cried. Parts of this book made me think about loved ones I lost overseas and it warmed my heart to think of them. I laughed, the various references and outright hilarious moments really helped during the moments that took my breath away. I was on the edge of my seat during many parts of the book and when it was all said and done...I cried again.

ARTL is an amazing story a
Michelle
CP Smith has done it again! She's written a heroine I can't help but bond with and a hero I can't help but swoon over!!

I enjoyed how in this one there's a bit of a different feel to it - Sage pursues Shane more at the beginning while he works through his thing, but once his eyes are opened to what's in front of him, OH MY, watch out!! There's also a little bit more of a serious under-tone to this story as compared to the others in the series (which totally works for this couple), but it's balan
Renee at Book Happiness
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this for an honest review.. I have to say I am in total love with Shane.. Every-time I pick up this authors books I fall in love.. One thing about C.P as a writer is this woman just keeps getting better...

Shane is an awesome alpha one that has you begging for more.. There is so much I just wanna say about this book but I dont want to spoil for anybody... This is one of those books that you will not want to put down in shape or form!!! This book will make you laugh and the hero will f
Lisa
Jan 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parts of the book were enjoyable but I was annoyed with so much of Shane's behavior that it soured the story for me.

I imagined doing this to Shane for most of the book.

photo 11uhxt4_zpsfc1a21d4.gif

Maybe more of Maxine would have made me happier.
Victoria
Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it
3.25 RATING- Some cute parts, some parts that dragged. I had to wait entirely too long for Shane to get his head out of his ass but when he did, I was a fan. Maxine was a definite star in this story.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rosalie's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Shane Sherman is retired military and lives with some horrible demons from his time serving. One of the last episodes he served on will forever be engrained in his mind; and he will never be able to get the burden of responsibility off his shoulders he endured. Sage Sloan, seeking him out for help, is a constant reminder of the tragedy he endured. But what the two don’t realize is that the mold was made with those two in it. They are meant
Debbie
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! And I hate that this is the last book in the series. I'm seriously going to miss this characters.

Shane suffered and witnessed a lot during his time in the Army. With only days before his retirement, his team was involved in a bombing where lives were lost. He now breaths without living and tries to hide his guilt and PTSD from his friends.

Sage was raised by a stepfather who was both physically and verbally abusive. She works with child protective services to try and help a
Kali McQuillen
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read
Where has this author been and why haven't I heard of her? Loved it!

Totally new author to me and loved how I was pulled into the story from the get go. The very first chapter literally grabbed me and did not let me go until I read "The End". This author made me feel all the emotions that was going on in the story.

Shane feels so much guilt that he's just going through the motions of living. His friends want to help him but he just blows them off. He helps everybody but he won't let anyone help h
Brie Jo
Feb 22, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a tough rate. More so out of loyalty to the author than anything else. I love those OTT insta love books. This was supposed to be that but can you really call it insta love when 50% of the book the H is telling you to leave him alone? At one point I would have put out a restraining order. I get that he pushed her away but inside he wanted to pull her closer but seriously. After the first 3 times he dismissed me I would be done. Then when she is about to give up strangers who no nothing o ...more
Angie
That was very entertaining. Shane moved to Trail's End after a heartbreaking deployment. A nineteen year old soldier was killed under his command in Afghanistan and now her sister, Sage, wants to get to know the man her sister wrote home about. Sage doesn't blame Shane for Emily's death but that doesn't stop him from blaming himself. Sage wants to help him heal and it doesn't hurt that their attraction for each other is through the roof.

Don't let the beginning fool you, it's not all sad. It's a
Alison
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it - you are almost sad cause you know this is the last book in the series and I am so sad to leave :(

The book had me hook, line & sinker from the start to the finish it was almost like one of those books where you didn't want real life to interrupt!!

Jake & Max were all alpha when it came to there woman but they had nothing on Shane. I don't know if I have a submissive bone in my body but I think I would for Shane (hot)

The story line was tough but like a true romance you always get
Macaela Conder
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely epic. So happy that we got the whole gang from the series. I laughed. I cried. Beautiful ending. Maxine is the best.
Once Upon a Page Book Blog
❄ ‿➹⁀❆ Buddy Read ❄ ‿➹⁀❆

Today, we bring you one more #BuddyRead. We really do love to do these. Anyway, Cyndi and Anja both have been avid readers of CP Smith ever since "A Reason to Kill" and loved her over-protective, yet sweet, alphas. "A reason to Live" is the last one in the "Reason Series" and definitely been greatly anticipated.

1. How was it going back to Trails End? And especially Gunnison? Because yes, we get to meet all the previous characters of the series again.

Anja: I couldn’t wait
Jessica
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have loved every book in this series, but A Reason to Live COMPLETELY rounds out the series so perfectly. As usual, the suspense is intense and exciting and the mystery of it all keeps you turning the pages. I couldn't for the life of me put this book down! LOVED EVERY SINGLE WORD! Seriously!

Shane and Sage were another example of how to fight for something that you cherish. Jack, Max and Shane are men that you can't ever forget. Men you don't WANT to forget. Men you want your sons to become! I
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

This is a brand new author for me but she has become a fast favorite of mine. I started with book one in this series and continued to binge read books two and three after one... oh yes they were that good. This author's writing style reminds me a lot of Kristen Ashley and I am a huge fan of hers so hello! It would only make sense. I love the insta-love, insta-lust, and tons of insta-steam.

This book was amazing. Sexy, sweet, intense, suspenseful, and full of twists and turns, this book ha
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Truth About Numbnuts and Chubbs (NYC Confidential #1)
  • Sweet Seduction Stripped (Sweet Seduction, #7)
  • Divine Ecstasy (Guardians of the Realms #8)
  • Snake Charmer (Rawkfist MC #2)
  • Honey Red
  • Never Ever (Perdition MC, #1)
  • The Science of Loving
  • Vengeance Aside (Wanted Men Prequel)
  • Slim To None (Cedar Tree, #1)
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • The Final KO (Final Love, #1)
  • Coup De Grâce (Code 11-KPD SWAT, #7)
  • Biting Nixie (Biting Love Series)
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
  • Love’s Tempting (The Love's, #2)
  • Vengeance
CP Smith writes humorous, ooey-gooey romantic suspense with OTT alphas, insta-love, and LOTS of dead bodies! She believes books should be about escape rather than reality. Ms. Smith writes what she likes to read and leaves the rest to those with better imaginations. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband and five children. You can follow her on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cpsmith74135

Reason (3 books)
  • A Reason to Breathe (Reason, #1)
  • A Reason to Kill (Reason, #2)
“Your future is in front of you. You’d see it if you’d stop looking at the past,” 2 likes
“You told me once you weren’t the person I thought you were, but you’re wrong. You’ve just forgotten who that man is. You’re walking alone through life, Shane. If you’d given me a chance, I would have tried to be your anchor, to keep you grounded, given you a reason to live. You could have breathed me in, even when it hurts to breathe, and I would have helped you heal,” I cried out. “You could have found love so profound it stopped time in the face of it—that’s what I would have given to you if you’d been brave enough to try.” 1 likes