Start by marking “Six Degrees” as Want to Read:
Six Degrees

Six Degrees

As part of their #CelebrateBlogging initiative, BlogAdda.com, ran the first edition of Game of Blogs in September 2014. Five characters and their descriptions were provided. The objective was to write a fictional story revolving around these characters. Bloggers came together as teams and after three rounds filled with its own set of twists and turns, three stories made it ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 422 pages
Published 2015 by Leadstart Publishing and BlogAdda.Com

To ask other readers questions about Six Degrees, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Six Degrees

Raksha Bhat
Jul 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Six Degrees-Game of Blogs brought back a flood of memories for me. Having been a part of this activity in one of the teams and having made an awesome bunch of blogger friends, reading this book reminded me of the eagerness with which we had participated in this activity. It was a great learning experience and I completely understand how challenging it must have been for the rest of the teams to coordinate across different time zones with fellow bloggers of different tenets.

This book consists of
Aishwarya Mohan Gahrana
Name of 5 characters are same. Descriptions of these 5 characters are same. They are characters of 3 different stories, not written by 3 different fiction writers but by 3 different teams of bloggers. Location of these stories is one – Mumbai. Is it case of plagiarism? Oh no! All this is in one book, yes one book.

“6 Degrees – Game of Blogs” is a collection of 3 fictions written by three teams and have 3 different dimension of fiction writing. All three stories have suspense and thrill. Each stor
Chittajit Mitra
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is a commendable effort of BlogAdda, the judges & most importantly the bloggers who were determined to write that too with given characters which made their job even more difficult. Since the stories are an outcome from common bloggers like us the language is simple & quite relatable, each story gives a different taste to the book & hence makes it even more interesting. I liked the cover & I hope BlogAdda team keeps on coming with such innovative initiatives. This book ...more
Dhwani Swadia
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own, read-in-2016
This book was a part of BlogAdda’s celebrate blogging initiative wherein a group of bloggers would get together and post one chapter each on their blogs, out of all those groups, three of them were selected. I also took part in this, check out my post here. So for me, this was more to see how I could improve my writing skills. To see where I lacked and how could I be better.

So, basically, each of the groups were given names of the main characters along with a brief of their relationship and you
Reema D'Souza
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Though these three stories revolved around the same characters, each story was so different that I never mixed up the characters at all. Each story provides a different dimension to the characters that each story is wonderful read. The narration is simple but wonderful. Each of the teams has done a wonderful job researching about the facts, bringing all the ideas together and piecing it together so brilliantly! Indeed, collaboration can work wonders. Each of the stories has a message or two in s ...more
Cifar
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it
The collaboration of different bloggers give you three different genre of stories with same characters in a single book which makes it a nice reading experience. It has its flaws also but you better read it to enjoy it. My full review of the book Book Review - Six Degrees
Parwati Singari
Book Review
Game of Blogs at Blogadda, published by Leadstart Publishing.
This was an interesting experiment by BlogAdda, I was supposed to participate as a blogger but procrastination pervaded.
Lets come to the six Degrees the game of Blogs, like a said is an experiment by Blogadda, six stock characters were given,
Shekhar Dutta a work from home writer.
Tara Dutta his wife, who has a corporate job.
Roohi Dutta the couple’s nine year old daughter.
Cyrus Daruwalla a Law student from Delhi.
Jenifer Joseph
Varma Ila
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Six Degrees Six Degrees Game of Blogs I received the complimentary copy of Six Degrees, Game of Blog from Blogadda under the book review program and it gave me an opportunity to present my honest opinion about the collaboration of authors from different streams.
In the beginning, when I came to know that about 300 bloggers have helped to strew these three stories, I was a bit reluctant. But once I started, there was no looking back till I finished.
The book Six Degrees, Game of Blog by Blogadda is
Salma
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
SIX DEGREES?

I was, at first sight, intrigued by the title and was pondering over the title how this came to be called so. Another interesting challenge the book had to offer was the quest to find why its named SIX DEGREES. And I might have found the reason and it is upto you guys to get the book, read it and then send your prediction to the email address mentioned. And I'm going to do this right away. I found this so interesting that it kept me committed to the book.

How is this book different?
Aryan Sarath
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Six Degrees is a collection of 3 stories being penned down by 30 bloggers which works out at 10 blogger per story.I got to lay my hands on this amazing book. When I started reading it, I could not believe that it is the efforts put down by so many bloggers because no where in the story, I felt the disconnect. It is my great privilege to review this book of my fellow bloggers.

Story #1: The Awakening

This story is a science fiction. If you love them, then this is just for you. I being an avid sci-f
ANTONY
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ALL

The "Sixdegrees" consists of three stories each written by ten different bloggers and it is a great achievement on the part of Blogadda.com to compile these stories into one book. It is very interesting to read the stories as they have common five characters as follows;

1. Shekar the protagonist is a freelance writer.

2. Tara wife of Shekar working in a big corporate company

3. Roohi 9 year old daughter of Shekar student

4. Jennifer a journalist

5. Cyrus a law student

The greatness of the authors is d
Aditya
Jun 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Imagine 5 people. Now just for a moment, believe in the idea of parallel universes or rather multiverses.

Wouldn't they lead different lives in all these universes? How different could it possibly be?

Very.

And that idea is perhaps the inception of the book and its stories.

BlogAdda came up with this amazing idea to give 5 characters and their descriptions to the authors and challenged them to come up with an interesting story. Well, not one but three stories.

And they did.

Each story takes a differen
Preeti Chauhan
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Three teams comprising of 10 bloggers were given the following characters- Tara Dutta and Shekhar Dutta a stay at home writer ,Roohi Dutta ,Cyrus Daruwala a law student ,Jennifer Joseph a photographer and Arun Ahuja , the Dutta's next door neighbor .

Team “By Lines ”– The Awakening - Tara Dutta has a successful career in print media ,Shekhar Dutta ,is a stay at home Dad cum writer and Roohi Dutta is their 9 year old daughter .This one is a science fiction based story with an interesting alien inv
curleduptoes
Blogadda came out with a very noteworthy approach with 6 Degrees- Game of Blogs. Its a compendium of 3 exciting stories that have different plots, but same characters and a jus the perfect twists that hold them all together. The stories are written by 30 bloggers, who were chosen after a series of rounds and who then came together to spin these beautiful yarns.

There are three stories which complete the book. They are:

The Awakening – A science fiction
Entangled Life – A murder mystery
Missing –
Dr.Manoj Dubey
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
6 Degrees, game of Blogs is not just any ordinary book. It is a collaborative work of thirty bloggers. Yes you heard it right. All the participants were divided into ten teams having ten bloggers in each team. All the bloggers were given five characters with a description. Each team had to weave a story revolving around those characters. The top three stories have been published in this book game of Blogs. Hence 6 degrees is a compendium of three absolutely different story lines, with the same s ...more
Freya
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a hatke light & easy read
Detailed Review on Life as Freya
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

Many months ago BlogAdda ran an activity called Game of Blogs. Teams of Bloggers were created and all teams was given the same set of characters and rules to create a story. These are the best three stories selected by a panel of judges.

All three plots were new to me and, so different from each other, they took me by surprise. One a sci-fi, second a murder mystery and the third a thriller-romance with LGBT cha
Vyomi
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
India’s leading blogging website Blogadda as a part of their #Celebrate Blogging initiative in 2014 ran a unique contest called the ‘Game of Blogs’. Bloggers were given 5 different and intriguing characters and through the course of the contest had to weave stories judged by an eminent panel of top authors comprising of Ashwin Sanghi, Kiran Manral, Meghna Pant, Natasha Badhwar, Raksha Bharadi and Ravi Subramanian.

300 bloggers from all over the country working as 30 teams joined forces in a coll
Felicia
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Felicia by: Blogadda

I received this book as a part of the blogadda book reviews program. This is totally an honest review and not a paid one. Six Degrees is a baby of a unique idea done by Blogadda. Around 30 teams with 10 bloggers each battled out in a blogging event called Game of Blogs and three teams emerged as winners. Each battling team were handed over five same characters with the same backgrounds and they had to weave a unique story using these characters. I loved reading this book. I will rate this book 4
Natasha Borah Khan
The backdrop city is Mumbai. A common quote, "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." The 5 common characters:

Shekhar Dutta-- An unsuccessful/out-of-work writer, stay-at-home husband/father
Tara Dutta-- Shekhar's wife, a successful career woman
Roohi Dutta-- Shekhar and Tara's 9 year old daughter
Aryan Ahuja-- Neighbour of the Dutta's
Cyrus Daruwala-- A law student from Delhi, comes to Mumbai and enters the lives of the Dutta's with a purpo
Purba Chakraborty
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy-2016
6 Degrees Game of Blogs is a very different book. It is written by 3 blogger teams : ByLines, Potliwale Baba and Tete-a-Ten.
The first story of the book is The Awakening written by team ByLines. It is a science fiction that deals with aliens and how they change the lives of the main characters of the book.
The second story is Entangled Lives which is a Murder Mystery written by Team Potliwale Baba. It is beautifully weaved and carries the suspense element throughout the story.
The third story is Mi
Abhishek Iyer
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very well written, simply loved the flow of the story. 3 different themes. This book is a full package of love, Mystery, thrill and off course fiction. My thought of taking fiction books as tough to read has been changed. So glad to have read this book. This has changed the meaning of fiction novels as it is. Would like to congratulate the Indian bloggers who put up such a wonderful content which makes it very worth to read. Congrats to Blogadda.com too
Debleena Biswas
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Actual rating-3.75

I thought that all the stories were completely different from one another though all of them had the same characters. It was so refreshing to read such a innovative book.

The first story was really making me question about numerous things which we though was normal. Had the Bermuda Triangle been created by aliens a long time ago? The science fiction component was so beautifully spun around the normal day to day life of a family was really something i enjoyed as a reader.The stor
Kavipriya Moorthy
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, love
6 Degrees - Game of Blogs: Book Review
I adore bloggers turned writers; I follow many a bloggers and adore a few. When I first heard about Blogadda and their #CelebrateBlogging campaign, I was thrilled. To know that Blogadda throws a few characters to them asking to knit a story as a team, judges being dignitaries like Ravi Subramanian Sir and Ashwin Sanghi, and to add more spice a few participants are bloggers whom I follow religiously quickened my interest to read this book. And, when Blogadda
Jaideep Khanduja
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

6 Degrees Game of Blogs by Blogadda: Book Review

6 Degrees Game of Blogs has been published by Leadstart and produced by Blogadda.com. It has been an innovative concept. The concept has created a publishing history. It is something happened for the first time. The concept is based on collaborative authoring. It worked like a project following project management methodology. There were 30 teams with around 10 members per team. The same set of characters were
 Ashwini Gopalkrishnan
Thank you Team ByLines, Team Potliwale Baba and Team Tete-e-ten

for Six Degrees Game of Blog

Beyond Expectation :Narration , Situational Drama and Dialogues

Loved : Roohi ’s friendship with Shekhar and Cyrus .

I have no words to express for the book which blogadda has come out with .I tried to find out some flaws but alas I could find any .It was a pleasurable read for me .

All the emotions of Tara , Shekhar , Roohi , Cyrus , Jeniffer , Dr. Aryan Ahuja, Dr. Sneha Phadnis and others are penned in
Megha786rana
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

About the Book:

The book is written with the collaboration of 30 Indian Bloggers spread across 3 teams resulting into three unique stories filled with a variety of emotions.

As part of their #CelebrateBlogging initiative, BlogAdda.com, ran the first edition of Game of Blogs in September 2014 where five characters and their descriptions were provided to the bloggers. The objective was to write a fictional story revolving around these characters. Bloggers came together as teams and after three round
Deepika
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
BOOK REVIEW: SIX DEGREES – GAME OF BLOGS
6 Degrees – Game of Blogs is a unique book. The same people, the same location – just three entirely different stories!
Ask me why?
The Game Of Blogs activity got bloggers acquainted with some very different and intriguing characters and they had to weave stories around them, and add some of their own characters. This ‘method to madness’ is what gave rise to myriad stories, all revolving around Shekhar, Tara, Roohi, Cyrus and Jennifer and their intertwining
Aaliya Thahseen
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
6 degrees – Game of Blogs is the collaborative brainchild of a band of exceptional bloggers. Blogadda’s finest conception which brought together bloggers from all over India to contribute to this amazing activity called Game of Blogs as a part of their #CelebrateBlogging campaign! 300 bloggers split into 30 teams (A team of ten) partook in this blogathon and only 3 teams came out to be victors.
This book is a compilation of three stories revolving around five characters, namely:
• Shekhar Dutta –
Karan Kumar
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Like I say to know a book you need to read it. This book as the names suggest is an initiative of BlogAAdda and a team of talented bloggers . The story telling that has been done is superb and you as a reader flow with it .

Idea

30 teams with 10 bloggers each battled out in a blogging event called Game of Blogs and three teams emerged as winners. Each battling team were handed over five same characters with the same backgrounds and they had to weave a unique story using these characters. The char
Krupa
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had no idea what to expect when I got this book for review.

6 Degrees Game of Blogs is a set of 3 short stories written by bloggers, and how!! They were split into teams and given a set of characters.They had to come up with one short story per team, so imagine the kind of coordination that would have been needed. The 3 best stories were selected and printed as as book. So basically each story is written by a team of 8 bloggers and it sounds like one voice.
Each story is so cohesive and flows s