Start by marking “Battlestorm (Midgard, #3)” as Want to Read:
Battlestorm (Midgard, #3)

Battlestorm

(Midgard #3)

The third installment in New York Times bestselling author Susan Krinard’s first urban fantasy series...

Centuries ago, the Norse gods and goddesses fought their Last Battle with the trickster god Loki and his frost giants. All were believed lost, except for a few survivors…including the Valkyrie Mist, forgotten daughter of the goddess Freya.

But the battle isn’t over, and M
Published March 29th 2016 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Battlestorm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battlestorm

Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*My Thoughts*

Battlestorm is the third installment in Susan Krinard's Midgard series. This is a series that actually features FOUR main characters: Mist, Loki, Freya, and Dainn. Mist is a Valkyrie with a pretty strange heritage who is loyal to Odin, and had been living in San Francisco for the past 50 years. Mist and her Valkyrie sisters were given the responsibility of guarding the most valuable treasures in mythology. Items like Odin's spear, T
Melliane
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

I had a great time with the first two volumes of the series and I admit that I was curious to get into this third installment. It must be said that the mere mention of mythology is very attractive and I was so happy to find all the characters again here!

Now that Dainn went in the opposite camp, Mist no longer knows what she must believe. Freya is always trying somehow to merge with her and the young woman is not sure of the consequences. Thus war is more pres
Marlene
Originally published at Reading Reality

This is one of those stories where it isn’t so much that “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” or even “the enemy of my enemy is my ally” but rather “the enemy of my enemy is someone else I can betray sooner or later, probably sooner.”

It feels like Battlestorm is the bastard child of American Gods and Babylon 5, and I’m still not sure whether I mean that in a good way or not.

Just as in American Gods, the primary movers and shakers of the story are gods from
Stacie (MagicOfBooks)
I will also do a video review here at my channel: http://www.youtube.com/magicofbooks

"Battlestorm" is the final book in Susan Krinard's "Midgard" trilogy. Mist and her allies are still dealing with the trickster god Loki as he plans to throw all of Earth into chaos. Mist is still on the hunt for the treasures of Odin, but even with the few she has found in her possession, she still feels that her side is on the loosing side of the battle.

A nice end to the series. I'm really just glad I'm finally
Clay Kallam
“Battlestorm” (Tor, 476 pages, $15.99) unfortunately left behind most of the positives that lifted the first two volumes (”Mist” and “Black Ice”). Susan Krinard’s combination of urban fantasy, Norse mythology, and romance novel tropes hasn’t moved forward, and in this long book, the plot gets seriously tangled up in the minutiae of Norse gods and the complex nature of several characters.

Mist, a Valkyrie with more powers than the usual run-of-the-mill battle maiden, is fighting Loki, the classic
Theresa
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mist discovers what her mom, Freya is up to. Loki’s plans start to come to fruition and we finally see who/what Orn is all about. The whole thing accumulates into a pile of revelations, betrayals and twisted alliances as the final confrontation and battle erupts in SFs Central Park.

Even though most of the main threads are finished, (I love the way we see a bit of the close future of each character) there is still enough interesting possibilities at the end that I hope they’ll be a 4th book or at
Helen
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first two books in the trilogy and enjoying them, I was really disappointed in this book. It was a book where you jump ahead and read a little bit, and then jump ahead some more, just to find out what happens and to avoid all the extraneous in between stuff. Plus, I wanted the series wrapped up in this book and not hanging at the end, but unfortunately this was not to be. I don't want another 19 book fantasy series to read.
J C Steel
Found this one, like its series mates, a little slow-moving. Not to mention, while Mist's insecurities may well be a vital part of her realism as a character, they're a little trying in an x-hundred years old Valkyrie. On the other hand, the world needs more readable urban fantasy. Koji is still my favourite character.
AJ
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the final book in a trilogy, so I'm going to avoid talking too much about plot and just give some general impressions. As a side note, I'm actually FB friends with the author's husband and have met her on a few occasions and enjoyed meals with both of them. They provided me with an ARC of book 2, but I purchased this one myself!

This urban fantasy series imagines a world there the Norse gods are real, and Ragnarok kind of sort of happened? The gods are absent and the Valkyrie have been sc
Melissa
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed the other two installments and I knew this one would have tons of actions in it. This is the last book in the trilogy and so a lot of things needed to be wrapped up. Oh but what to say so I don't spoil it for anyone else who has not read the first two...

I will say this... There is a huge twist I didn't see coming. I knew there was going to be one because of the raven in the previous book but that one played out sort of what I thought. The relationships in Mists life (all of them...
April Vaughan
Apr 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Worth The Wait

Ohhh this was totally worth the wait! So very worth it!! I am truly hoping that this is not the last book in the series. It is not supposed to be but the way things were tied up.. It very well could be. A lot happened in the book! I mean ALOT, ALOT! Mist found out what Freya was up too, Orn finally became Odin. Odin is LAME too by the way! Typical mythical God! So was Freya for that matter but we knew that. I definitely did not expect Odin, The All Father, Great Wise one to be such
Shana
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think Krinard's Mist series definitely gets better as the series goes on. This was in my opinion the best book in the series. The action definitely picked up and had some twists that I was not expecting. The book ended where you know it could continue if Susan Krinard chooses but if not it has a satisfying ending.
Eric
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, fantasy
Watch out Jotunar, Alfar, Beserkir, and duplicitous Aesir gods, the Mighty Mist is in the house. And she takes her responsibilities as a Valkyrie vigilante very seriously.

Full review here: http://superheronovels.com/2016/03/24...
Patricia Litz
kept me interested and looking for the end typical keep the hero in a mess book
Hank
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series just kept getting better as it went on. Strong finish, with a good twist.
Malia
rated it it was ok
May 09, 2016
Kurt
Jul 27, 2016
Trained as an artist with a BFA in Illustration from the California College of Arts and Crafts, Susan Krinard became a writer in 1992 when a friend read a short story she'd written and suggested she try writing a romance novel. A long-time fan of science fiction and fantasy, Susan began reading romance -- and realized what she wanted to do was combine the two genres. Prince of Wolves, her first ro ...more

Midgard (3 books)
  • Mist (Midgard, #1)
  • Black Ice (Midgard, #2)