Start by marking “Sober Addiction” as Want to Read:
Sober Addiction

Sober Addiction

Hollywood Socialite and heiress to the Fairfield Casino empire, Eliza Fairfield has lived her entire life in the spotlight. However, the glamorous life filled with money and fame isn’t as enchanting as it appears. When her drug addiction lands her in rehab for the fourth time, Eliza is ready to get in and get out. By this point, rehab is just a pit-stop. She plans on them ...more
ebook, First
Published November 2015 by A.S. Brown

To ask other readers questions about Sober Addiction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sober Addiction

Klaire
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sober Addiction is a debut novel from AS Brown, and for a first this is pretty darned good. I enjoyed the story and the characters and felt that it moved at a relative pace. It’s a story about addiction and how to people from very different backgrounds manage to eventually overcome their demons with the help of each other and those around them. There’s a lot of love in this book and the reasons behind their addictions aren’t as earth shattering as some other books that I have read, this makes fo ...more
Michele
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I had the honor of being a beta reader for this debut novel.

Sober Addiction is the story of Eliza Fairfield - heiress to the Fairfield empire. She has everything she could ever dream of - the mansion, the designer clothes, the celebrity. But the things she wants the most, are the things most of us take for granted - the loving family, the close friends, the normal "boring" day to day.

When she finds herself in rehab for the 4th time, she vows that this is the last time. When she meets Cas Hender
Dana Dickinson Naylor
Nov 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
“Just try to make me go to rehab I won't go, go, go.” - I can just hear El singing the classic Amy Winehouse lyrics her first three times at rehab, but something just clicks on her fourth visit, or should I say someone.

A.S. Brown should be very proud of her debut novel. With over 1 million admissions to rehab centers per year, this story seems more than likely to happen in real life. While I did enjoy this, I sometimes felt like I missing something. I wondered if my Kindle was playing tricks on
Tina Morgan
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am giving this book 4 stars! For her debut book A.S. Brown has done really good and can't wait for more of her books,as I know she will get better with time. The thing I loved most about this book is that it deals with addiction in different terms than most and let's people who might judge in on what it might mean to have an addiction and how we shouldn't judge because we have no idea what some people have to go through. Eliza and Cad are very lovable characters and I wouldn't mind reading ano ...more
Barbara
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story/first novel. I loved the story, a lot of surprises. Sometimes got a little teary, sometimes a little laughter, and once I was getting angry with Eliza but within another page the anger was gone. Loved Cas. I love books that I can feel emotional about, this one could easily draw out various emotions with a reader.

I never reveal much about a storyline in my reviews, don't want to ruin the book for other readers.

If you like a good romance novel this is a book for you, I would highly re
Sassy Southern
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mary Kris
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Story

This was an amazing story. I couldn't put it down once I started reading and kept reminding myself that this was a debut novel- Holy Moley- so, so good! I fell in love with the characters; their nicknames, their struggles, their journey.
I am so glad I moved this book to the top of my reading list- and at the same time, so sad that it's over now.
My advice to you is go one-click this beauty and jump right in! <3 MK
Stacey Taylor
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story line. Kept me intrigued the whole way through. The twists and turns kept up throughout the whole story were great. Not your typical plot with a boy meets girl falls in love thing. I felt this was/could be more of a "true story line" than your typical fantasizing romance stories. This is something that could/would happen in real life. What a fantastic read! Two thumbs up!
Roz Ward
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Totally loved this. The storyline was brilliant, a little different to the norm but still with the girl meets boy aspect. Totally likeable characters, I loved Cas straight away and was rooting for him from the start.
Jessica
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review

4 Stars

This is the debut book by this author and she wrote one hell of a book, I know she is going to go far if as an author.

This story is well written, the story flows at a steady pace, the characters are well developed.

Eliza Fairfield has lived her entire life in the spotlight as Hollywood Socialite and heiress to the Fairfield Casino empire. She becomes addicted to drugs and enter rehab for the 4th time.

Lucas “Cas” Henderson is also at the
Brandi Reeves-Pearson (Saints and Sinners Books)
I found this book very interesting from the start. A.S. Brown did an amazing job at pulling me in with the prologue. I’ve never read a book quite like this one. It was frustrating at times, and other times, I was shocked and I worried for the characters. Eliza and Cas both have been through a lot in their young lives. Their circumstances differ, yes, but at the same time they help each other stay on the right track.
Eliza is more than just a celebrity. It took a lot for her to realize a lot need
Jackie Wright
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Star Review
This book had me hooked from page one and I had to keep telling myself this is a debut novel.
I fell in love with the characters, their struggles with life, their nicknames for each other but most of all I loved reading about their journey.
Eliza Fairfield is heiress to the Fairfield Casino empire and she has everything a girl could ever wish for or does she......
Cas Henderson is your typical boy next door but he is also struggling with everyday life....
Eliza is on her fourth trip t
A HILLS
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
**ARC received for an honest review**
I really liked this book. The story was emotional yet sweet, despite the nature of the 'boy-meets-girl' setting and I found myself rooting for both of the main characters. The development of the story was about right. Sometimes I find that the relationship development of characters can either be too quick (which makes the book feel unrealistic) or too long and drawn out (which makes me bored), but they happened, which is a good thing for me. It means that I'm
Danielle
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book today and have to give it a solid 4.5 stars. Reading the synopsis, I freely admit I thought "oh boy, here we go. " Was I ever proven wrong! This author either knows from having someone go thru this experience or did a phenomenal job with the research.

While there is a love story entwined, at the heart is a story of addiction, and two young people struggling to overcome their demons. This book was so well written I could not put it down. It also shows what power we can have o
Mom to 2 cuties
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
For a debut book this book was beautifully written. Almost no grammatical errors and flowed wonderfully. I wanted to give it five stars but I felt like it lacked the emotion that it needs to make it a five star read. Don't get me wrong, this book has plenty of emotion but maybe if part two was a bit longer the details would have hit my heart a little harder. I would love to read a follow up book. Definitely worth the read, though.
Stacy Aube
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an ARC for a honest review. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

This was a good debut book for this author. This shows being in the spotlight is not all there is. Drug abuse and drinking are serious problems and until your ready there is no getting over it enen with the best of help.
Steph Gookin
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I devoured this book! I only got it because I know the author's husband and the Kindle version was very inexpensive. I loved the story and the characters and could barely put it down. It is her first novel and I can't wait to read more of her work. It had a handful of typos, which drives me crazy, but the story more than made up for them.
Marnie Warren
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touching story of finding love

Beautiful story of pain, loss,strength and love. I was deeply moved reading this story and had trouble putting it down. I cannot wait to read more from this Author.
Michelle Schenkel
Great Read!

For a first novel this was a great read. I loved the storyline. It was unique and not a plot I had read before. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of her work in the future!
Mallory
Oct 23, 2015
Angela
Apr 05, 2016
Steph Gookin
Jan 16, 2016
A.S. Brown
Oct 08, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Tammy Brown
Julia Conway
Kathy Heare Watts
Allysia
Jan 04, 2016

• Rekindle (Engine 24, #1)
  • Celebration (The Plume #9)
  • Zombie Eden (Zora Baker, #4)
  • Perky the Pigeon: A Rescue Story
  • Lost Desires (Cravings #0.5)
  • Lurfstar Fables and Fairy Tales
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • The Art of the Imperfect: A Murder Mystery Set in Scarborough, North Yorkshire
  • Boxes: The Secret Life of Howard Hughes
  • Oliver's Hunger Dragon
  • The Absolute Being Of Nothingness
  • Jellybird
  • Imperfect
  • Ulterior Motives
  • I Have Not Answered
  • What Is Growing Out of Your Ear?
  • No More Slooping, Sara Sue!
  • Taking It with You