Start by marking “Deadly Women (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #7)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Women (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #7)

Deadly Women

(3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #7)

Serial killers, psychopaths, brutality and violence, horror and terror, cunning, wit, beauty and charm—what am I describing? Deadly women, of course. Included in this series is Pillow Talk, nominated for Spinetinglers Best Short Story on the Web award. Choose your poison:

Pillow Talk: If sexy Henrietta asks you if you are afraid of the dark, it's already too late.

Mantra
Published October 5th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Women

Start your review of Deadly Women (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #7)
Stephanie Jenkins Ortiz Cerrillo
This is my first read by Mav Skye that gave me a glimpse into the minds of deranged women. This collection of short stories leaves me wanting to read more of her short stories and some of her full length books.
Karrie
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay

Maybe just too short for my taste. Not sure, but the stories just didn't hold enough substance for me. Not quite long enough for the poetic touch attempted. A longer story would be much fuller.
Zain
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too Short

Although the stories are interesting and filled with suspense, they are definitely too short. I would love to read a bit more about Henrietta.
David Caldwell
Short story collection

Each of these stories feature a psychotic woman. They kill because they are insane. The stories are all from their point of view. Since they are crazy, the stories tend to be chaotic as well. The readers get hints and glimpses of what is going on so the whole story comes together like a jigsaw puzzle in the end (with a piece or two missing perhaps). They were not bad, just not to my taste.
Crystal
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Satisfied my small urge for some horror like short stories. Not really scary, but it did what I wanted to. I had some issues with the overall writing, especially the second story, which is the reason for the 3 stars.
Ashley Thomas
Not for me

I guess short stories just aren't for me. I needed way more then what was given. Maybe it's not the fault of the author, just mine. Try it out. Maybe it gives you just enough.
Kaitlynn
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book!

I wish the last chapter had a little more of a explanation to the story. I feel like the last chapter was thrown in to fill in pages for the book. Other than the last chapter it was a great book!
Sea Caummisar
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded to 4. The stories are short, very short. It's a very quick read. But I found one of them to be very interesting (WORMS, lol). The other ones, not so much. I loved the short (poem?) thing at the end. Each story focuses on a deadly women... one loosely based on real life. ...more
Estalene
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Short Stories

If you a quick and entertaining read then this is it. A sick mind can be a horror story and this author has captured it. Each short story is different and horrible in its own way. Not for the squeamish.
Sandra Burns
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good, quick read

Three tales. One, taken somewhat from the headlines of real ife. I really like short stories, and these were very good.
Sheila Arroyo
This book had intersting short stories. Not scary at all for me ,would like to try more from this author.
Devann
Feb 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
this literally could not be more boring run-of-the-mill crap. the 2 page poem at the end was probably the best part of the entire thing.
J. Kahele
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I'll admit, I completely fell for the cover and it is the reason why I bought the book. I wasn't expecting much out of it being at it is a short read, but wow can this author take 'psycho,' to a new level, in short pages. I really loved this book, because it felt so real. The characters in this book, could be anyone we know. That is what made this book so horrifying, because there are real women out there, that think and do the things these women do to their victims. Fantastic read. ...more
Erin
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chilling Read by Amazing Author!

First time reader of Mav, but I can tell you that this wont be the last I read from her. Extremely talented author. Cannot wait to become more acquainted with this amazing authors writing. Thanks for an awesome read, well 4 awesome reads. ♡
Diana Sheen
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Creepy

I really enjoyed these stories . The Ladies are very believable and keep you guessing. I liked the first story the best because it creeped me out the most. This is definitely a great read.
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
An interesting and quick short read.
Faye
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Women to run from

The author writes a chilling reading of three demented women, each separately explored. Don't mess with these types of ladies if you want to continue to live.
Jakob Hessius
I was not thar thrilled. I had a bit higher hopes unförtinatelu.
Celena

• Sour Milk: A Short, Sharp Horror Shock
  • Abandoned: A Ghost Story
  • Haunting at Spider Gate Cemetery
  • The Basement
  • True Paranormal: Disturbing True Ghost Stories, True Paranormal Hauntings And Scary Unexplained Phenomena From The Last 300 Years (True Ghost Stories And Hauntings, Bizarre True Stories)
  • Army of the Dead (31 Horrifying Tales From The Dead)
  • Haunted (The Sparkly Badgers' Anthology)
  • Killer Families: True Crime: Murder By Dads, Moms, Kids & Spouses
  • Town of the Dead (31 Horrifying Tales From The Dead Book 6)
  • The Clown
When Mav Skye isn't turning innocent characters into axe murderers, refinishing old furniture, chasing around her spring ducklings, or reading the latest horror novel, she's hosting the new horror story podcast, Dark Softly Tales. She adores puppies, pirates, skulls, red hots, Tarantino movies and yes, Godzilla. Especially Godzilla. ...more

3 Tales to Chill Your Bones (8 books)
  • Scarecrows (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #1)
  • Witches (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #2)
  • Shape Shifters (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #3)
  • Bunnyman (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #4)
  • Abyss (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #5)
  • Graveyards (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #6)
  • Werewolves (3 Tales to Chill Your Bones #8)

News & Interviews