Start by marking “Midnight Mass (Priest, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Mass (Priest, #1.5)

Midnight Mass (Priest #1.5)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  2,757 Ratings  ·  483 Reviews
We are told that God will punish the wicked. That sinful men will reap what they sow. We are told to scourge our souls with prayer and pain to become clean once again.

Well, here I am. Wicked and sinful. Desperate to become clean…even though it feels so good to be dirty.

But even I never expected what came next.

Even I never expected my punishment to come so soon.

***Midnight
Published December 8th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Mass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Mass

TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Three years into married life, Tyler and Poppy are realizing marriage isn’t as easy as they thought it would be. With their busy schedules and Tyler’s constant guilt over the choices he’s made, they find themselves looking for that insanely hot connection they have had. I love Sierra’s writing, and even though this was a novella, I certainly got my fix of the insanely racy couple.

The scenes between Tyler and Poppy are just as stupidly sexy as the first book.

description

Sierra’s writing is just as intriguing
Ang~Dirty Laundry Review
Oh sweet baby jesus. Tyler and Poppy are back, you guys! My heart and my left-hand could hardly keep up!

Sierra Simone has an immeasurable gift whether she’s writing contemporary or historical, and her characters find their way into the deepest part of you. Your basest desires and thoughts can’t hide when a Simone book is in your hands because she brings every emotion to the forefront. It’s fitting she decided to write stories involving theology because reading her books is like a religious exper
J. McCoy
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-favorites
Wow. This novella packs quite the punch. Hot, dirty, agressive sex. Mixed with guilt, doubt and jealousy. And just when you think there's the light at the end of the tunnel - nope, that's just the freight train of sadness running you over.

This novella made me ache for more. I want to know what happens next. Give me more, Sierra. More, more, more.

I am greedy for this author. For these characters. For the degrading, controlling sex. For Tyler's journey as a man and how to make himself comfortable
Sophia Triad
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Three years after Tyler and Poppy got married; the guilt is still following Tyler.
His deepest fears are two:

1. You failed at being a priest. Now you’ll fail at being a husband.
2. Tyler Bell, the priest who deserted his post, has no fucking right to talk about what the Catholic Church should or shouldn’t do.

Because Tyler does not feel that he is an ideal husband. He has a lot to learn. Since he became a PhD candidate, his main focus is his research and he really does not accommodate Poppy’s emot
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, taboo

➦You have to read this novella after you read Priest, the first book in the series. Like, don't even try reading this as a standalone, you will be super confused.

➦Really enjoyed this addition to the series. I was thinking it will be pretty boring since it is about the same couple and after they've found their HEA. But it was HOT because Sierra Simone always manages to sneak up on you with some super hot visuals which you've never expected to find THAT arousing.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
Once again Sierra has gathered up my emotions and shoved them into what feels like the smallest space of my heart, holding them captive, letting them bash into each other and move faster and faster until the point of pain – until the point that I think that may heart may just fucking burst – and then she releases them allatonce and I swear to fuck that they made the ‘whoosh’ sound and everything as they rushed out into the night.

This is not a fluffy and lighthearted book.

This is not a smiley ski
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Father Bell, Father Bell, Father Bell, oh how I have miss thee...surprisingly so especially because I wasn't really expecting another book. Not that I'm complaining one bit!

It's been three years since we've last heard from the happy couple and they've settled down to a normal, married life. Unfortunately, Tyler's dissertation is coming up and he is practically living at the college and not fulfilling his husbandly duties....not those duties! Oh no, he always finds time to fulfill those...in mor
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★

Priest was one of my favourite books this year, so of course I loved jumping right back in with Father Bell and Poppy. Did I think this book was necessary? Not really, but it's definitely an excellent addition if you fancy a steamy as fuck novella about the ex-priest and his wife.

Midnight Mass takes place three years after their marriage, with Poppy almost ready to open her new dance studio and Tyler is almost at the end of his PHD.

Tyler is struggling with his work/life balance
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
2 "Spiral of Guilt" Stars!

description

Well.. Don't judge please. I was defenitely not expecting this. Almost a DNF (which is really REALLY rare and unexpected from me). Let's see why..

I actually enjoyed half of Midnight Mass. I actually really enjoyed Priest (the novel related to this short story) and again, our protagonists are really kinky-hot together.

Fuck, that had felt good. Sinfully, amazingly good.
And still I wanted more. Her cunt. Her ass. Every tight, wet part of her. I wanted to claim her, over
Michelle
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Forgive me for I have sinned and I’m going to do it over and over and over again.

Father Bell returns in Midnight Mass, an erotic novella that focuses on Poppy and Tyler three years into their marriage. He’s left the church and is still trying to find his calling without his collar on. But long days and nights hard at work is forcing a wedge between these two and with two growing careers they seem to be losing that explosive connection that burned so brightly.

This book (and series) is insanely
Khadidja
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
it was good but not as great as the first one , there's really no important stuff happening just sex and more sex and sex and sex and sex it was good but just too much sex ruined it and for a couple that have been married for 3 years and they still fucking like bunnies ? yeah that's soo real !!!

“I don’t know what’s going to happen,” I tell you. “I’m scared. But I know that no matter what happens, we will endure it together.”

the end was so sweet i loved it

Beatrice Masaluñga
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
After three years, Father Tyler Bell and Poppy Danforth-Bell's marriage life stays strong. As always their sex life is still wild and kinky omfg 😂🔥.. Even it's just a novella, it captured their struggles as a couple such as finding time for each other, dealing with insecurity and jealousy and other spices of life. It made them stronger and more mature. They're showered with blessings after the pain. (view spoiler) ...more
Mirjam
Nov 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I loved/hated this book. Tyler is a egocentric bastard, or maybe it is because I am not a Catholic that I have a hard time understanding. But, really to blame all his so called guilt to being Catholic? Nope, do not buy it. He is just too occupied with himself, what HE is doing and what belongs to HIM.
I know that I would have blown-up long before Poppy decides enough is enough.
That said, is was a HOT read ;)
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

What a fantastic continuation to The Priest by Sierra Simone! Father Bell and his lamb are back to captivate us with a story of love, loyalty and imperfection.

Years after The Priest, Poppy and Tyler together as husband and wife. Along with love comes hardship. This book shows us that in reality there are no happily ever afters. There are ups and downs and this book realistically shows us what actual relationships are like.

Our cou
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
Well, now, hello Tyler Bell!! Midnight Mass is a sensual, highly erotic and surprisingly emotional companion novella to Priest, one of my favorite books this year. The author has hit her stride with this sexy and sometimes painful but always steamy story of the first years of Tyler and Poppy's marriage.

"Of all the ghosts that haunt me, it is the priest who stays the closest, who dogs my steps from dawn until dusk...It is the priest who tells me to be afraid being punished.
Like I'm not already
Elle
★★★ 3 Father Bell's Lamb STARS!

I know I'm not really friendly with Priest. FYI, Priest is still a guilty pleasure read for me. I believe Ms. Simone has beautiful writing and good plot. I just wanna know what happened next after Tyler and Poppy's marriage. I never expected to be a little heavy for a short story.

After their marriage for some years, Tyler and Poppy still has scorching sex as ever. But because of their own business, time become valuable. Tyler is chasing PhD title while Poppy look a
Michelle
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
This was good an I got more of Father Bell

This was good I really enjoyed getting more of Poppy an Tyler they have been married for 3 years an things were goin good Poppy's foundation was is doin well an Tyler as his dissertation due which is stressing him out an keeping him away from Poppy they aren't getting as much time together an it start to put a bit of strain on there relationship they r both strong people but Tyler missing his parish an bein a priest but Poppy means so much to him he do
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Once again Tyler & Poppy’s story blew my mind… That was really hot. I really enjoyed reading their story. And that epilogue. Pheew I loved it and all I can say is “Panties Down”!!! :D

Oh God, I have to calm down. :D I might be need one big glass of water or maybe a cold shower might be good. Oh fuck this I need my husband right now. :D Ps. He will be very happy when I get back to home. Hahah :D

1-Click Addict Support Group
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Don't read this one alone in the dark, and don't start it when you go to bed. Make damn sure you start it though! That may be some of the best advice you'll get all year, so heed it. You will not be able to put this book down.

Poppy and Tyler have one of "those" relationships. The kind that is all too real, with all the ups and downs that come with that territory. What they have that helps them stand apart from the couple next door is a raging passion for each other. A passion that really helps
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

I loved it!
It was such an erotic and moving and adorable and sad and amazing holiday novella!!!!! PERFECT!!!
A #MustRead for fans of THE PRIEST!

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email

Katie
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5++ life is a spiral stars
**ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review**

description

Wow. The depth and emotion packed into this quick read is truly what sets this book apart from the first book.

This book begins a few years after Priest left off. Tyler and Poppy are married, but are struggling dealing with their own issues.

Tyler is still trying to find the happy medium between Tyler and Father Bell. Whereas the first book seemed to be mostly about sex, this book goes into the heart of what makes Tyler ti
Ophelia's Book Blog
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
hot hot hot!
Anahita
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed reading more about Tyler and Poppy and after this, I want to read more again :D
This book is 3 years after their marriage and the things that going on in their life.
Sometimes I could understand Tyler because of his dissertation due which is stressing him out and their lack of time for being together but most of the time he was driving me crazy for his lack of communication and the way he wanted to solve everything with sex =))
It was a good read.
Shayna
Good GOD this was perfection!

MIDNIGHT MASS is a follow-up novella and sequel to Sierra Simone's ridiculously steamy romance, PRIEST. If you haven't read PRIEST yet, where the HELL have you been? Stop reading this and go #OneClick RIGHT NOW. You will fall in complete LUST with Father Bell. It's so taboo, so sexy, and so DAMN good. Every time someone mentions Father Bell, it's like you hear sighs all around the world. It's THAT memorable. It's THAT fantastic. It's THAT mouth-watering.

Okay, now, f
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
It's been three years since Father Bell shed his collar and simply became Tyler, husband of Poppy. They have settled into married life and are still learning things about each other.

'She really has no idea, I realized. How just by being her, royal, sexy Poppy, she made me a better man. She made me feel at peace.'

Poppy's dance school has grown, she has been really busy building her business and getting involved in charity events. Tyler has been working away on his doctorate and seems to be cons
Jacqueline
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Ok, so that was unexpected.

I went in kind of hoping for a short, intense, erotic read but while it was all of that, a couple of the themes it dealt with were distressing and, if I'm honest, if I'd known, I'd have avoided it.

The writing was as beautiful and poetic as ever and the smutty scenes deliciously hot but...yeah. I understand why the story went that way, but it wasn't the frivolous and naughty read I was banking on so, beautifully written as it was, I can't say I enjoyed it all that much
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a novella to be read after reading Priest. Although it's a quick read it's a good full story that I truly loved.

Three years after getting married Tyler and Poppy's sex life is still as hot as ever. However as both of them have busy lives they seem to be drifting along rather than being there for each other.

I didn't feel this was a novella. I literally inhaled the story in one sitting. Fantastic ending. Great hot sexy steamy story.
RentasticReads
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is not for the weak hearted. I repeat: this is not for the weak hearted. Read at your own risk (because you just might burst to flames). Okay, kidding. Because you do NEED to read this. And find out for yourself.

So let me start of with— HALLELUJAH! What a fan-fucking-tastic ending!!! I'm still sitting here, fanning myself. Regathering my bearings. Struggling to get my heart to stop slamming from my chest. I seriously felt like I ran an entire marathon after reading this with how my heart r
Louise Seraphim Reviews
Midnight Mass is a novella set after Priest, one of the sexiest, riskiest, and sheer addictive stories I have read this year.

Poppy and Tyler fought all the attraction and demons they collectively had in Priest, and ended on a complete high. Tyler left the Priesthood for Poppy, and they got their incredibly hot happy ever after.

Now we are at Christmas, and it's been 3 years since they married. Tyler is weeks away from finishing his PHD and Poppy has made her mark on the world in her chosen path
Myla
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Like any normal couple Tyler and Poppy are experiencing some difficult moments in their marriage. As Tyler works for his thesis, he became too busy and spending less time with Poppy. While Poppy is busy with her dance studio activities, she’s longing for some quality time with Tyler. They may not admit it to each other, but jealousy and insecurity arises in their relationship. Sex is always hot, very hot, between these two, but will sex resolve their growing problem?

Sierra Simone never fails to
C.D.'s Canaries: Midnight Mass BR 12/14/15 49 35 Dec 22, 2015 02:22PM
  • Asking for More (Asking for It, #2.5)
  • Semper Fi (The Education of..., #3)
  • Delicious (Delicious #2)
  • Unraveling Josh (Ellery College, #3)
  • Until You
  • Beyond Happily Ever After: Blank Canvas (Beyond, #6.6)
  • Cherish & Blessed (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4 & #5)
  • Already Famous (Famous, #4)
  • Darker the Release (Revenge Saga, #2)
  • Taking Stock
  • Devil's Kiss (Sunset Cove, #2)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Downtown Devil (Sins in the City, #2)
  • The Hidden Life
  • A Kind of Truth (A Kind of Stories, #1)

Priest (2 books)
  • Priest (Priest, #1)
  • Sinner (Priest, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Is it weird to pray during sex? Maybe it is, but sometimes it happens. I’ve tried to accept that it’s who I am—a man who loves God, and who loves fucking, that I can be dirty and holy all in the same moment.” 4 likes
“Once, I’d made the mistake of not trusting. When I found Poppy kissing her ex-boyfriend, I’d assumed the worst and left the scene without even trying to talk to her. She’d done it as a purposeful attempt to drive us apart, unable to bear the guilt of being the catalyst for my schism from the clergy. If I had trusted her, if I had stayed, we could have had another year together. Instead, I’d run away, believing that she was unfaithful, and we’d spent a year miserably apart.” 1 likes