Start by marking “Water Blessed (Water Realm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Water Blessed (Water Realm, #1)

Water Blessed

(Water Realm #1)

Ocean lives in a world where water is scarce. Her village names all of their females after water, in hopes of gaining favor with the Fates. For every 20 years a Water Blessed is chosen. Someone who can create water at will. Men take multiples water wives with the sole purpose of fetching water 10 miles away from the dangerous and crowded well. When Ocean finds herself bein ...more
Published October 5th 2015 by Independently Published (first published October 1st 2015)

Start your review of Water Blessed (Water Realm, #1)
The Gypsy Emmy
This book would be best suited to a younger reader who is just delving into the fanasty genre. I know that if I had read this book when I was younger, it would have drawn me in hook, line, and sinker.

Unfortunately, I guess for the author, I read this book as an adult; and I found it extremely lacking. It had very little works building and while the idea of the story was outstanding and fantastically creative, the lack of detail and the place at which the author set the story made for a rushed bo
Mica
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Will book 2 be coming out this year? This being "Water Realm #1" implies there will be a second book and a third. This book came out almost 2 years ago. I'm not gonna lie, I like your writing style even though you only write from one point of view and your stories are a bit too short for how good they are so it's more of a tease than a satisfying good read. What I don't like is authors starting multiple series' and letting years go by before they finish them if they even do because it's not like ...more
Steven Smithen
A great new adve.ture!

Leia Stone has done it again! The story is a magical journey that starts off with misery and ends with wonder. Love the characters Seth and Ocean. Looking forward to the next book.
Megan Hampton
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Leia Stone's books. This is something new and amazing... I read it in one day. Can't wait to read more!! ...more
theresa coleman
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Oh my I couldn't put this book down! Finished it in one day. The plot was incredible, the twists and turns were unexpected. I'm wondering what will happen next. I do,d myself wanting to write a new book just to let it and the way I want it to.
Kelly Clare
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I brought this after reading Leia's collaboration with Jaymin Eve, Ash. The world-building in this was my favorite part and I really can't do its depth and complexity justice in a few words. We also have a strong woman, trialed by hardships, who demands the respect of those around her. Really, after reading this I just want more.

Cathy *Booklover4everandever*
Again Leia Stone has not disappointed me at all. I don't want to give anything away but if you liked her other books read this one. ...more
Jessica Donegan
Things I want to give this book credit for: there is a complete story present in this book. Readers won't feel pressured to keep reading more in this series if they don't want to.

The writing level was acceptable.Stone seemed to be trying for a sing song, mythical, fairy tale kind of vibe. She mostly pulls it off--though there are areas that seem to be preachy or that exist simply so she can subvert readers' expectations.

The characters are pretty miserable. I don't like Ocean's friend Lake and
Debbie Turk
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Louise Cromie
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We may cry over a drop of spilled milk, they’ll go to war over a drop of water!

The world is practically dry. Only a precious few wells are accessible. And water is wealth.

However, every twenty years, the Fates bless a young woman to be the water blessed, who can at will, produce water from her very palm and rain from the seemingly permanently cloudless sky. Those who are so blessed are auctioned to one of the four kingdoms who pitch their offers to the village for the gift of water.

On the eve o
Michelle Fritz PA
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wish there was more! This was very interesting! The plot was fresh and inventive. A water shortage could easily happen in our lifetime. The whole vying for the chance to own a water gifted person was intriguing and also frightening. This ends on a mild cliffhanger. What happens next!? I feel we've only scratched the surface of this journey. Hoping that this will continue on! ...more
Katrine
May 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This was engaging, but felt very rushed. I liked the characters, but I had trouble with the instant-love, and the ending felt like very abrupt to me. The concept of the world is very interesting and I would have liked to read more about it, to spend more time in it.
Mflukie
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
There were things I found lacking or didn’t like. Some details or back stories. Certain things developed too fast. But I think the unique storyline makes up for it. It’s such a different read it kept me interested. I’ll continue the series.
beth m
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh

This was definitely not the author’s best written work. For some reason this quick read felt more like someone else wrote this. Some moments of this did not feel like her writing style.
Cat
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great premise and flawless editing

I love the idea behind this book. The story itself is a bit simple but realistic in terms of narration - small village girl, only somewhat educated and no skills.

Not sure if there’s more to this world but I’d definitely read it if so!
Chs
Mar 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
No buildup, shallow love story

No satisfaction from reading this book. I'm asking dora refund. I do not recomend this book. Don't buy it it unless you want toen have a shallow story.
Carolyn
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute book and it's a fast read. The only issue I had was with the writing, it felt for a lot younger audience then normal YA books. I can't wait to see what happens next in the series ...more
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
A great story concept, but it was much too rushed. What you would typically experience in a duology or trilogy is crammed into a relatively short book. I had high hopes for this one but was let down.
Sandra Kaye
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I totally loved this story it's a tale like none I've read yet and those are always my favorite. I can't wait to continue the series.
A true fan!!
Maggie
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting world

I liked this book a lot and read it very quickly. It was an interesting world and am excited for the next book in the series
Shannon Collins
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, just wanted to go a little more in dept at times.
Kristin Fuchs
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

The story line was amazing. It made me continue reading burning through the midnight oil. The story concepts was inspiring and in a League all it’s own.
Mary Bush
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Water realm

It was good but the ending has me confused. Ill be curious how the story progresses. I do enjoy leias books.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've recently come to love Leila Stone. She has a real talent for taking a crazy premise and absolutely selling it. I was totally invested. ...more
Tiffany
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freaking AMAZING!!

There are no words to describe this adventure!! I’m in awe at the characters, lace and passion. Can’t wait for book 2!!
Andi
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read!

Another amazing world filled with excitement and adventure, and a little romance on the side. I look forward to reading the next installment !
Cindy
May 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg

I need so much more of this series. I wonder what all she can do and what will happen next
Bronny M
Sep 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. It is an original concept with a strong underlying theme of breaking out of the 'square box' people try to fit you into to be who you really are. Really great story. ...more
Amber Smith
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love!!!

This is a wonderful story and I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for the next book in the series.
Michelle
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Ocean’s Story

I like the uniqueness of the story but it is too short. I will read the next book to see if the series improves.

• Queen Alpha (NYC Mecca, #2)
  • Queen Heir (NYC Mecca, #1)
  • Ash (Hive Trilogy, #1)
  • Anarchy  (Hive Trilogy, #2)
  • Queen Mecca (NYC Mecca, #4)
  • Queen Fae (NYC Mecca, #3)
  • Annihilate (Hive Trilogy, #3)
  • Wolves' Queen (The Royal Heir, #1)
  • Elemental Compass (Supernatural Prison Story #4)
  • Lion Shifter (Magical Creatures Academy #2)
  • Mage Shifter (Magical Creatures Academy #3)
  • Night Shifter (Magical Creatures Academy, #1)
  • The Princess Must Die (Storm Princess Saga, #1)
  • The Princess Must Strike (Storm Princess Saga, #2)
  • Wolf Unleashed (The Royal Heir, #2)
  • The Princess Must Reign (Storm Princess #3)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Three (Supernatural Academy, #3)
  • Dragon Mated (Supernatural Prison, #3)
Leia Stone is the USA TODAY bestselling author of the Matefinder series which is optioned for flim, and the Hive Trilogy. She lives in Arizona with her husband, two kids and her dog. When she is not chasing around her twin son and daughter, or writing, she has her nose shoved in a book. She wrote her first book when she was 23 years old. Keep reading and live with purpose.

ht