Start by marking “Darkest Heart (Dominion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Darkest Heart (Dominion, #1)

Darkest Heart

(Dominion #1)

Wrong side of heaven...right side of redemption.

Published August 20th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Amara)

To ask other readers questions about Darkest Heart, please sign up.
Juliette Cross Hi, Stephanie. The second book is HARDEST FALL, and no, it's about Xander and Bone. Dommiel and Anya are secondary characters in this story. The books…moreHi, Stephanie. The second book is HARDEST FALL, and no, it's about Xander and Bone. Dommiel and Anya are secondary characters in this story. The books in this series are stand-alones. Thanks for the question. :)(less)
Juliette Cross Hi. We had a hiccup in the publishing of this one (and the others I'd planned in this series) but I've since regained my rights from the original…moreHi. We had a hiccup in the publishing of this one (and the others I'd planned in this series) but I've since regained my rights from the original publisher. I still plan to write Dommiel's story as book one in a new series. I have something in the works for this at this very moment. When I have answers and details, they will be available via my website or newsletter as soon as I can share. Promise. (And hopefully quite soon.)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Even the darkest heart yearns for the light.”

Darkest Heart is book one in a brand new series called Dominion by Juliette Cross. I just this minute finished this book and my heart and my mind are filled with emotion. Above all else, this is a love story. A deep bond between two opposing forces, one light and one dark. But Juliette also keeps us gripped within the pages as the story unfolds and our Hero and heroine are tested again and again. This can easily be read as a stand alone. Juliette gives us
Nicola
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Juliette Cross kicks off her Dominion series with one hell of a bang and if you’ve read The Vessel Trilogy and The Deepest Well (although not imperative), demon, Dommiel will be no stranger, nor will the battle between angels and demons. Some books are there to be savoured rather than devoured and I took my sweet time reading this, absorbing the atmosphere, falling in love with the characters, the romance and the tension, build-up and fight as war on modern day earth rages on.

description ...he was definitely a fallen creature of the underworld, but his rough, take-me-or-leave-me appearance and attitude drew me in.

I love a tale of redemption and I’ll take the bait when an anti-hero is up for grabs, and Dommiel’s story is one of best I’ve read—he’s a fallen angel, a high demon and isn’t missing an eye and limb for no reason. His past has been brutal, he’s a loner and also a traitor amongst his ranks, and he’s something special.

description I was doomed. Fated to follow her and this quest till the end. Even if it led me to the darkest pit of hell.”

Anya is his polar opposite—once a guardian angel watching over orphans and abandoned children, she left that behind to take her place on the battlefront—and she needs Dommiel’s help in finding missing Archangel, Uriel. And when you combine her light with his dark, what develops is a story rich and bold, and full of feeling.

description

I have loved so many of Cross’ couples in the past, but Anya and Dommiel are up there as one of her finest with a chemistry which was perfection. Anya is the heroine we’d all love to be—a fearless, kick-arse warrior who epitomises what we perceive in angels with her protective, guiding nature, and Dommiel is deliciously dominant with a subtle, dry sense of humour, but underneath has many layers—many new and unrecognisable to even himself—and as Anya peels them away, we begin to see exactly why he is the demon he is today.

description I was so fucking lonely for so fucking long. And then…her.”

I highlighted so many quotes as I read, many which made my heart hurt, particularly for Dommiel, but which also showcase Juliette Cross’ gift with words and making her reader feel. And to say I’m excited to see how this series unfolds as there’s a wealth of possibility to be had from the cast of characters, is an understatement.

description Aren’t we a motley crew? Two archangels, an angel, and three hunters. Oh, and one demon-spawned raven. Against two demon princes and their horde of infernal priests. Good odds, I’d say.”

Darkest Heart is an absolute must-read.

description

Copy received courtesy of Entangled Publishing via NetGalley for an honest and unbiased opinion. Stock images.

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Darkest Heart quickly became one of my favorite reads of 2018!!

Time is running out for Anya. She was an angel bitten by a demon prince and his venom was slowly but surely working its way to her heart. Once it did, she'd be a slave to the demon and no longer in control of herself. She's desperate to find the archangel Uriel because as far as she knows he's the only one who can save her. However, Uriel has proven difficult to locate and she needs help to navigate among the mortal and immortal
Dianne
He’s a high demon who has betrayed his own kind. Time is running out for her, the deadly venom that flows through her angelic veins is killing her pure soul and the only hope of a cure is with Uriel, the missing Archangel. Together, Dommiel and Anya must find Uriel before it is too late and she becomes a slave to darkness. Unlikely allies, an unforeseen attraction and the clock ticks down on an impossible mission.

Juliette Cross is back with a new series where the eternal battle lines drawn between good and evil
Beth
Sultry, sexy and lots of action, Darkest Heart is one of those roller coaster romance rides that you just don't want to get off.

I received this ARC copy of Darkest Heart from Entangled Publishing, LLC - Amara. This is my honest and voluntary review. Darkest Heart is set for publication Aug 20, 2018.

My Rating: 4 stars
Sold by: Macmillan
ASIN: B07G13C74Z
Genre: Paranormal Romance

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Darkest-Heart-...
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dark...
Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/dark...

Want more check us out on Tome Tender Book Blog or on Facebook
Juliette Cross
Feb 19, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Deborah
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the beginning of this book I kind of felt like I was playing catch-up, there was a lot of information and introductions and it just seemed as if I was missing out.
Things settled down and it can easily be read as a stand-alone (it is a stand-alone). I was a little annoyed with myself when I discovered (on finishing) that the series it links with (The Vessel series) is actually on my to-read list. I really wish I’d checked and read that first.

Anyway back to Darkest Heart.
Claire Robinson
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 - "We always knew our story would be a tragedy... didn't we?" Stars!

Another exceptional story from the mind of Juliette Cross, an author who is fast becoming one of my go-to authors for Paranormal/Fantasy reads.

ITs LIVE!
Amazon: https://goo.gl/9LjZWC
B&N: https://goo.gl/9UAEju
iBooks: https://goo.gl/3M3bG2
Kobo: https://goo.gl/LFJdEd

If you have read The Vessel Trilogy or The Deepest Well most of the main characters that you come across in Darkest Heart will be ones that you know (and some of them probably love,reads.
Bev
When I started Darkest Heart I was a little afraid that Anya was going to be this Little Miss Perfect goodie two shoes. And whilst she's the good to Dommiel's bad, the light to his dark, she is in no way Little Miss Perfect. This girlie has some serious badass going on, and wasn't afraid to fight to the death for what she wanted.

"I knew he was afraid, and I accepted that. But I wouldn't accept him pulling away from what was happening between us. It was precious and rare"

Dommiel .... sigh. Be still
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

3.5 Sexy Demon with an Eye Patch and Mechanical Hand Stars.

He was once an Angel but fell from grace and is now known as demon.  She is an Angel Warrior and the protector of orphans and lost children.  Only in the apocalypse could love find a way.
The upside of the apocalypse? No bills. Downside? Nothing was open. I’d kill for a Big Mac right about now.

Dommiel might be a demon but he isn’t all bad and it looks like he might be swit/>
Marta Cox
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, my-reviews
Well who doesn’t love a bad boy ? Dommiel is everything you want in an antihero as for a start he’s a demon , he’s considered to be a traitor as he dances to his own tune and his cocky attitude belies just how jaded by life he is. So pairing him up with a sunny, do goody angel really sets the stage for sparks to fly.
Anya has a secret that could see her become the mindless creature she fears the most. Getting Dommiel to help her rescue the one angel who can save her is easy but what Anya ha

Anya is an angel on a mission to save the missing archangel Uriel and if that means she has to pair up with the demon Dommiel, a very unlikely ally, then she's willing to take that risk. The journey to find Uriel is fraught with danger but Anya is on a deadline and she knows that failing to find him quickly will have devastating consequences.

I didn't realise when I requested Darkest Heart that this is a spin off from Juliette Cross' Vessel Trilogy and to be honest there were times
Carvanz
Holy heck! Is 5 stars all I can give it??? There are just no words to describe this book and all the feels that I experienced while reading it!

Anya is in need of assistance to help her find the archangel Uriel. When she is introduced to Dommiel, she can’t allow herself to fully trust him. He is a high demon, despite losing his position in New Orleans. As a guardian/warrior angel, she should not be feeling an attraction to him but with every step they take on their journey she becomes
Kira

This is my favorite book by Juliette Cross. It was much better than I thought it would be. I love angels and demons stories. Anya was an angel on a mission to find the archangel Uriel. She couldn't do it alone. She was paired with an unlikely ally, the demon Dommiel. They were very different but worked well together. Opposites attract and all that.

Anya was pretty straightforward. She was a super goody two shoes even for an angel. However she was a badass warrior. It does se
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Darkest Heart is about the battle between Angels and Demons. Before the war, Anya was a guardian angel over orphaned and neglected children. Now she is fighting against the demons who are taking fellow angels and humans as slaves. She's about as innocent as you can get and still be a fierce fighter.

Dommiel is a high demon who was once betrayed. He may be a demon but he also known as a traitor for helping angels and a human underground resistance named the Twelfth Night. He's the anti
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
From the first sentence this reader was taken in by Dommiel.

“ I love the smell of sex and brimstone in the morning”

He’s my favorite type of character; one that comes with a rueful arrogance, that not only makes him a cocky delight, but a blistering hot antihero that will put him firmly in place as a top ranking book boyfriend for the masses.

And the angelic warrior that is Anya. Who knew an innocent could be so captivatingly bloodthirsty? She fights like a demon and has the compassion needed for humanity to po
Rhenna Morgan
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I'm a sucker for the bad boy romances. Everyone who knows me knows that's my thing. And yeah, Dommiel is as bad as they get. I mean, he's a demon after all. But Juliette took my addiction and added the ultimate kicker with this one...

Redemption.

And at the hands of an angel, no less.

I mean, come on! Bad boy + innocent yet sexy as hell angel HAS to equal a smoking hot love story, right? And this one TOTALLY does. I was captivated. Spellbound by the rich st
Missy's Book World
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Darkest heart is the first book of this series also my first book read by this author. I enjoyed this book it was interesting and kept my attention until the very end. Can't wait to read more books by Juliette Cross.
nick
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it

How is it that I've not come across Juliette Cross' books before? It's a travesty because this book was so good! I mean you can hardly go wrong with the combination of angels, demons, and romance, but it has to be executed well too and Cross does that here with Darkest Heart. I'm glad that I'm such an impulse reader who picks up books based on just their gorgeous covers because I think I've found a new author whose books I need to check out.

Those of you who love your anti-heroes will
Christina
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I feel like I've been waiting for this book for a millennia. After reading The Vessel Series by this author (which is referenced in this one), I KNEW Dommiel needed his own story. I guess it's true what they say, "the best things come to those who wait". This was SOOOOO worth the wait!!!

Dommiel is a high demon. Well...he's technically more than that, but was "stripped" of his Lord title and lost an eye (yeah, you should read the Vessel series). Now that the Fall has hap
Zoe Forward
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whew-ey Juliette Cross penned the most juicy PNR I've read in ages. Anya and Dommiel have a smoldering chemistry from moment one that steams into some scorching scenes that'll keep you turning the pages for more. We've got two lonely opposites, the demon who's done all the sins (and then some) and the virgin angel, who team up to find a lost archangel. There are a lot of twists and turns in the mystery of what happened to their query that push these two characters together. The story was action ...more
Naima Simone
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full review to come, but epic! And utterly dark and delicious in the best of ways. Dommiel is the perfect anti-hero!
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Darkest Heart is book one in the Dominion series by Juliette Cross.

This book takes part in the same world as the, Vessel Trilogy series. It’s a spin-off. Even if you haven’t read the other series, you are ok to pick this one up. It stands on it’s own! As for me I will tell you I couldn’t get threw book one, in the authors Vessel Trilogy, so I’m comfortable saying you don’t have to read one to read the other.

In Darkest Heart we quickly learn that the apocalypse has happened on earth. Angels and Demons are battling it out on earth and
N.J. Walters
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A jaded demon and a warrior angel come together in Darkest Heart. This dark romantic fantasy is a sensual and compelling tale that will leave you wanting more.

Once again, Juliette Cross has penned another dark romantic fantasy readers will love.
Eva Millien
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Release Day Review! Darkest Heart (Dominion #1) Juliette Cross!

Wrong side of heaven...right side of redemption.

Anya—a stoic, blue-winged angelic warrior— was bitten by a demon prince in battle, and now she has precious little time to find a cure for his deadly venom. But the only archangel with the power to stop the dark poison from corrupting her body and soul is missing. She’ll have to trust her guide, the outcast high demon Dommiel, who is as handsome as he i
Mirabella
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great book to start a promising new series! The world building was fantastic, a post-apocalyptic szenario where angels were at war with demons and other hellish creatures after an incident called “The Fall”, which left the world gloomy and the humans scarce with trying to survive and not being caught between the fronts.

The characters were well developed, a wonderful hero, a strong and loveable heroine and likable side characters. The author has great talent to let her characters come to life,
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darkest Heart by Juliette Cross
Darkest Heart

I was gifted an advanced copy of this book from the author for an honest review, I at the time was hesitant to pick up any new to me authors, but I am very happy that I took the chance on this book and author and I am super excited to share some of many, many thoughts with you.

I
Up All Night With Books
4 Darkest Stars
Review by Nancy
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

A fabulous paranormal romance! The perfect example of how opposites attract! Darkest Heart by Juliette Cross is the first book in the Dominion series and Cross started it with a bang. This book is a battle between good and evil and although we were always told the bad guys never win, towards the end of the book you will be hoping the bad guy gets his HEA!

Anya, an angel warrior, is in desperate need of help. Dom
romancebookjunkie
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
❤❤❤❤ out of 5
I’m a bit of a sucker when it comes to PNR and angels and demons, and this book not only delivered that but also my other secret love- post apocalyptic romance! This book is full of adventure, suspense, anarchy, action and best of all romance!
The story revolves around our demon hero and angel heroine- the epitome of star crossed lovers. The heroine is on a mission to save her soul and needs the help of an archangel. For the right price our hero will do anything as a de
Kelly
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it - Writing was good, the chemistry between the main characters were good, and enough action and story line to make it a great story.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Life & Death of Jorja Graham (Jorja Graham #1)
  • Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
  • Dark Forsaken (The Devil's Assistant, #3)
  • A Devil Named Desire (The Devil's Bargain #2)
  • Vidalia ('Not Quite', #1)
  • Cowboy's Redemption (The Montana Cahills, #4)
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • Hooked On A Witch (Keepers Of The Veil, #4)
  • Dark Protector (Moon Shifter, #6)
  • Zombie Halloween (Goosebumps Most Wanted Special Edition, #1)
  • Unwilling (Unwilling #1)
  • Call of the Siren (Demons of Infernum, #4)
  • X-Ops Exposed (X-Ops #8)
  • Bullet Proof (B-Squad, #0.5; The MacKenzie Family, #10.3)
  • The Demon's Daughter (Demon Outlaws, #1)
  • The Orphan Uprising (The Orphan Trilogy, #3)
  • Black Diamond (Wilds of the Bayou, #2)
  • The Holiday Spirit
JULIETTE is a multi-published author of paranormal and fantasy romance & the co-host of the podcast, Smart Women Read Romance. She is represented by Rachel Brooks at BookEnds Literary Agency. She is a native of Louisiana where she lives with her husband, four kids, black lab named Kona, and two kitties, Pumpkin and Betty.

If you care to join her private reader group for insider exclusives and

Dominion (3 books)
  • Hardest Fall (Dominion, #2)
  • Coldest Fire (Dominion, #4)
“Every kindness and every abuse makes a mark upon the soul.’’ My voice trembled. “The soul remembers” 9 likes
“I'm not really what you'd call a damsel in distress."
"I hate fucking damsels. Always in such distress. Who wants a high-maintenance girl like that?”
9 likes