Start by marking “Alive at Sunset (Rituals of the Night, #2)” as Want to Read:
Alive at Sunset (Rituals of the Night, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Alive at Sunset

(Rituals of the Night #2)

Revenge can become an obsession of its own. After her high school experience, Luna Ketz moved on. She’s in college, studying to be a doctor and living an hour away from her old home in Lima, Ohio—where the worst of her memories lie. Three years have passed since her friend Violet’s death and the thought of that day in the woods hasn’t left her mind once. Every week, she vi ...more
Paperback, 1st edition, 378 pages
Published October 1st 2015 by Createspace (first published September 16th 2015)
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Alive at Sunset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alive at Sunset

Start your review of Alive at Sunset (Rituals of the Night, #2)
Archit Ojha

Kayla! You do not cease to amaze me!

Such bold a cover.

I confess that I found this part more interesting than Dead by Morning which was the first book in series Rituals of the Night. It held my expectations up and up in the sky and so it stood their, flying. It was an emotional, thrilling and thought provoking ride with the protagonists. Seeing the character rising high whom you abhorred most was something quite unexpected.

Its plot has been immensely engaging.

Luna has survived the scare of the
Pooja
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owns, 100-pages, arc, mystery
Kayla, Kayla, Kayla!

I'm extremely glad right now to have come across this series. This is getting better and better. Didn't see it coming this way!

Alive at Sunset takes you to the mysterious and suspenseful world Luna, Max and Chance live. Oh God, this series is so good. Never read something like this.

The story unfolds in a dramatic manner and we get to know that Luna is a college student now. Chance is in coma and Max predicts that their issues with Chance has not been resolved yet. They have
Andre Gonzalez
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing the drama of Chance and Luna was just as thrilling as it was in the first book. With their "relationship" already developed, we get to see just how crazy Chance truly is as he leaves behind a trail of death that only hurts Luna. I really like the character of Luna and how she is evolving over the course of these two books! The ending brought some closure, but as we know with Chance, that may not last forever. Looking forward to reading the next installment in this series!
Kimberly Marie
She should have killed him when she had the chance...

I was given a copy of Alive at Sunset for an honest review. Kayla Krantz has done yet again, this book lured me into false security only to yank the rug out from underneath me. I found myself asking my significant other if he would come lay down until I fell asleep last night in case a serial killer popped through my window ( he just laughed at me and told me I was a wuss).

The second novel in the series starts off at the beginning of summer

Rosalie May
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keith
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“There was no place in her life for pretty things –if there were, it was only for them to get destroyed.” That's a quote from 'Alive at Sunset' from author Kayla Krantz. Part two in the Rituals of the Night series, this is a frightening tale indeed. The author put me, the reader, into a world of revenge, love and murder. While reading in a darkened room I had to put the book away, as I did not want the characters following me off to dreamland! There are bad things happening here that will send c ...more
Tenmodo
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a captivating read. The story had a lot of twists and turns and the ending was very unexpected!! Idk if I’ll continue into the third book only because if the way that this book ended..

SPOILERR!!

With chance dead idk how the story will progress especially considering the fact that she’s pregnant with his child!!
K.J. Chapman
This review is featured on my blog: Writerly Bookish Stuff.

Luna is trying to get her life back together after the terrible events of high school. The memory of Chance's sick obsession with her still hangs over her head, and she visits the hospital every week to ensure that he has not woken up. They say, even if he does wake, he'll have no recollection of his old life. How do they know for sure?

Krantz's books always scare me. I think it's Chance's mindset that gives me the heebie jeebies. He is i
Andreea Pryde
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one gave me more than just a few chills.
We get to meet Luna once again, yet this time she's a tad older and wiser. Chance is in a coma in the hospital and Luna visits him regularly to check if he woke up. Despite the medical staff reassurance that he won't remember a thing from before, Luna's nerves are stretched, and honestly, who can blame her? Chance is a freaking full fledged psycho.

Another book, another wild ride with vivid characters and suspenseful twists.
You won't see that ending c
Tony Parsons
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luna Ketz & Amanda “Mandy” Grey (BFF) are roomates & go to Bowling Green St. U.
Luna also visited patients in the hospital.
She stopped by Chance Welfrey’s room he had been on life support & in a coma for 3 yrs.
Luna (20) hoped he would never recover after what he did to her.
Max Cazmea (longtime friend) called Luna that he ws concerned about DreamWorld.
School was out for the summer.
Luna left Bowling Green & headed for Lima.
David Ketz (father) & Rose Ketz (mother) who had come home early from Tai
Daniela Zekotic
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, uno_2017
Josephine Sorrell
Kayla Krantz's second installment in the a Rituals of the Night series, proved to be just as compelling as the first book. The first book ends with a note left behind for Luna which leaves the reader with wonder and surprise. We take up Luna's life three years later. Luna Ketz is a successful college student studying to be a doctor. College is only an hour away from Lima, Ohio, where the horrors of her past occurred. She still mourns the death of her best friend Violet's horrible death. Roommate ...more
Jessica Fisette
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
All I can say is: wow. I didn’t think the story could get more intense than Dead by Morning, the first book in the Rituals of the Night series, but I was wrong. The craziest part is how even the slow moments brought me to so many twists and turns that I hated to stop reading when real life came calling. Alive at Sunset took me much longer to finish than I’d wanted. I would have kept reading to the end in one sitting if given the opportunity.

The plot was strong and engaging, the characters diver
N.W. Moors
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alive at Sunset is the second book in the Rituals of the Night YA Paranormal series. Luna has lived through the terror and death of Dead by Morning (Book 1) and has just finished up a semester at her college. Three years have passed since the events that occurred in high school and Luna, while still a loner and overachiever, has a new roommate, Amanda, and is trying to move on.
Her nemesis, Chance, is still in a coma though Luna's friend Max tries to warn her that something is wrong and changes a
Cyrene Olson
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uncaged Book Reviews:

The author really ramps this one up. This is an edge-of-your-seat psychological thriller, with horror and paranormal elements. And there is graphic violence. You get to see deep inside the head of this serial killer, and feel the fear of Luna and his victims. But the author also has you feeling sympathy for Chance, which I never would have believed I would, but I did. The characters are well flushed out, and the author leaves no stone unturned in taking you on this highly ch
Roger
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alive at Sunset my third read from author Kayla Krantz & the second book in the Rituals of the Night series. Well-written with intricately developed characters and a creepy story-line with intricate twists & surprises as the tension & suspense ratchets up throughout the book’s length. 378 pages but reads even longer with the attention to detail written into the story. There’s a book 3 to look forward to! (RIP Marley January 20, 2014 - July 24, 2018). ...more
Kim Lewandowski
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was overall good. But I did feel the waffling by the Luna to be a hindrance to the storyline. It was like she did not learn from her actions in her first encounter and basically repeated them in the second. I would have liked to see her be more pro active.

Katrina did a great job keeping characters in line with their established attitudes fleshed out. Ot was easy to tell who was speaking.
NanaShauna Joesten
This is a fantastic thriller that really takes you on a Roller Coaster ride. This series is absolutely epic. Luna has been through hell and it continues to rain down on her. This is a real page turner. This Author really knows how to bring a read that I couldn't put down. The Narrator as well does a fantastic job. This one I feel should be more than 5 stars. I definitely recommend.
Shauna Joesten
Jenn : Godzilla is King
I received this book for free from author in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this 2 book a lot and found it moved so much faster and I had a very hard time putting it down. I just had to find out what happened. I found that I felt bad for Chance as all he wanted was for Luna to love him. He didn't know exactly how to show that he loved her and I think she could have given him a chance.
Joy Whiteside
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a good read. I could not put it down, I had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen. It moves along at a great pace, neither too fast nor too slow, making it a comfortable read, the characters will grab you and you want to know more about them. The story will keep you interested from the very first page until you finish the last. This is a must read.
Deana Potter
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i don't think it was as well written as the first, but still kept my attention.
i hate that there was so much unresolved tension between them. i almost felt as crazy as amanda, like who cares if he's a nutcase serial killer. lol! good stuff though. :)
Craig
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being in a coma couldn't stop chance for long

Being in a long term come and having amnesia couldn't put a stop to chance,and his evil. I would recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of psychological horror.
Micky Neilson
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Note: this review ignores typos in the book* Alive at Sunset was a great follow up to Dead by Morning. The characters felt more vibrant and fully realized, and the pacing was fast. If you enjoyed Alive at Sunset, I definitely recommend continuing the series. Looking forward to more!
Deedra
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audible:This was a very good book!It was full of surprises and chaos. Katrina Medina was a fine narrator. I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.'
Brooke
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alive at Sunset

Wow. Luna has already gone through some tragic events and the hits keep coming for her even years after. This series is amazing so far and I can only hope I get to listen to the next in the series soon.
J.F. Holland
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my usual genre, but carried on reading as I wanted to find out what happens. Not disappointed, a little older and still having problems. No spoilers, but thoroughly enjoyable, now onto the next.
Norma
( Format : Audiobook )
"Time to pray...The devil is coming for you.."
Alive at Sunset, is a mesmerizing book which catches hold of the reader's imagination and just hangs on. It is the second book in the Rituals of the Night Trilogy and, although entry into the story would be more quickly facilitated by having read book one, it is not essential: everything one needs to know from the past is here.
Blond and beautiful, but evil, Chance has been in a coma for three years, his killing spree having f
Jeffrey De
Jul 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ahar
Second book in the series. This one is even better than the first. Luna is bit older and wiser. She’s in college, pre-med, living with her friend Amanda.

Luna’s torturer Chance is in a coma and she checks up on him every once and a while just to make sure she’s safe. But then he wakes up and starts dating her roommate to have access to her and continue torturing her and those around her, including a poor old dog!

Like the first book, the reader tends to have a sympathetic view toward Chance, who
Michelle Bartlow
I received a free audio version of this book in exchange for a review. I have to say that there is so much wrong with this book. First off I want to preface this by saying that I am not a writer and will never be one-I do know that it is hard to write a book then get it published and then get an audiobook made of it so I applaud the accomplishment. Maybe this book would be okay for a teen or early adult but my lord it is full of issues. A couple of words were mispronounced but that is not my big ...more
Angela Lockwood
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I came into this series at book two as I downloaded it when it was on a free offer. I don’t think this mattered a lot as the events alluded to only helped to build the tension. You know that bad stuff happened in book one, but you don’t know exactly what. As with all good horror, there are a fair few moments where you marvel at the bad decisions and the naiveté of psychopath Chance’s victims. I screamed a few times at Luna and her dippy roommate Amanda. Chance is a chilling baddie. We get to see ...more

• Lights Over Cloud Lake
  • Amber Sky
  • Endure (Need, #4)
  • Children of the Fog
  • Coalescence (Dragonfire Station #3)
  • Brody (The Bang Shift, #1)
  • Induction (Sid & Sin #1)
  • Sorrow's Echo (Dark Crossroads Encounters Book 1)
  • HUNTER (A Dylan Hunter Justice Thriller, #1)
  • A Blind Eye (Adam Kaminski #1)
  • Debunker: Independence Day
  • The Heartless Tide (Tide Series, #1)
  • Deceived (The Child Collector Series Book 1)
  • Even Good Girls: A Murder Mystery
  • Untrue Colors (True Lies, #1)
  • Final Run
  • Tainted
  • The Numbers Killer (An Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller, #1)
Kayla Krantz is an International Bestselling Author responsible for a number of novels in the genres dark fantasy, psychological horror, and supernatural thriller. She is fascinated by the dark and macabre. Stephen King is her all-time inspiration, mixed in with some faint remnants of the works of Edgar Allen Poe. When she began writing, she started in horror, but somehow drifted into thriller and ...more

Rituals of the Night (6 books)
  • Dead by Morning (Rituals of the Night #1)
  • Survive at Midnight (Rituals of the Night #3)
  • Rise at Twilight (Rituals of the Night #4)
  • Reanimate at Dawn (Rituals of the Night #5)
  • Hiatus at High Noon (Rituals of the Night #6)

News & Interviews

“No matter what you think of me, I'm part of your thoughts. Even if you hate me, I'll live in your mind forever.” 4 likes
“If she opened the closet with her skeletons, they might drag her in with them.” 1 likes