Start by marking “Alive at Sunset (Rituals of the Night, #2)” as Want to Read:
Alive at Sunset (Rituals of the Night, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Alive at Sunset

(Rituals Of The Night #2)

Revenge can become an obsession of its own. After her high school experience, Luna Ketz moved on. She’s in college, studying to be a doctor and living an hour away from her old home in Lima, Ohio—where the worst of her memories lie. Three years have passed since her friend Violet’s death and the thought of that day in the woods hasn’t left her mind once. Every week, she vi ...more
Paperback, 1st edition, 378 pages
Published October 1st 2015 by Createspace (first published September 16th 2015)
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Alive at Sunset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alive at Sunset

Archit Ojha

Kayla! You do not cease to amaze me!

Such bold a cover.

I confess that I found this part more interesting than Dead by Morning which was the first book in series Rituals of the Night. It held my expectations up and up in the sky and so it stood their, flying. It was an emotional, thrilling and thought provoking ride with the protagonists. Seeing the character rising high whom you abhorred most was something quite unexpected.

Its plot has been immensely engaging.

Luna has survived the scare of the
Pooja
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, owns
Kayla, Kayla, Kayla!

I'm extremely glad right now to have come across this series. This is getting better and better. Didn't see it coming this way!

Alive at Sunset takes you to the mysterious and suspenseful world Luna, Max and Chance live. Oh God, this series is so good. Never read something like this.

The story unfolds in a dramatic manner and we get to know that Luna is a college student now. Chance is in coma and Max predicts that their issues with Chance has not been resolved yet. They have
Andre Gonzalez
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Continuing the drama of Chance and Luna was just as thrilling as it was in the first book. With their "relationship" already developed, we get to see just how crazy Chance truly is as he leaves behind a trail of death that only hurts Luna. I really like the character of Luna and how she is evolving over the course of these two books! The ending brought some closure, but as we know with Chance, that may not last forever. Looking forward to reading the next installment in this series!
Kimberly Marie
She should have killed him when she had the chance...

I was given a copy of Alive at Sunset for an honest review. Kayla Krantz has done yet again, this book lured me into false security only to yank the rug out from underneath me. I found myself asking my significant other if he would come lay down until I fell asleep last night in case a serial killer popped through my window ( he just laughed at me and told me I was a wuss).

The second novel in the series starts off at the beginning of summer

Keith
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“There was no place in her life for pretty things –if there were, it was only for them to get destroyed.” That's a quote from 'Alive at Sunset' from author Kayla Krantz. Part two in the Rituals of the Night series, this is a frightening tale indeed. The author put me, the reader, into a world of revenge, love and murder. While reading in a darkened room I had to put the book away, as I did not want the characters following me off to dreamland! There are bad things happening here that will send c ...more
K.J. Chapman
This review is featured on my blog: Writerly Bookish Stuff.

Luna is trying to get her life back together after the terrible events of high school. The memory of Chance's sick obsession with her still hangs over her head, and she visits the hospital every week to ensure that he has not woken up. They say, even if he does wake, he'll have no recollection of his old life. How do they know for sure?

Krantz's books always scare me. I think it's Chance's mindset that gives me the heebie jeebies. He is i
Rosalie May
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angela Lockwood
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I came into this series at book two as I downloaded it when it was on a free offer. I don’t think this mattered a lot as the events alluded to only helped to build the tension. You know that bad stuff happened in book one, but you don’t know exactly what. As with all good horror, there are a fair few moments where you marvel at the bad decisions and the naiveté of psychopath Chance’s victims. I screamed a few times at Luna and her dippy roommate Amanda. Chance is a chilling baddie. We get to see ...more
Kavita Kumar-Karthik
And now the psycho levels rise.. Chance is back.. and Luna has nowhere to go.. So many funerals..phew.. People and cops are really clueless in this town !! I felt Max's character was wasted, he hardly put up a fight.. I still feel a little weird to read about the ruthless kills, but I guess it's a part of the allure.. Did I just feel bad for Chance at the end ?? Maybe, which confused me.. I really hope Luna is able to come out of all this emotional unharmed.. I don't want her to become cra-cra.. ...more
Roger
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alive at Sunset my third read from author Kayla Krantz & the second book in the Rituals of the Night series. Well-written with intricately developed characters and a creepy story-line with intricate twists & surprises as the tension & suspense ratchets up throughout the book’s length. 378 pages but reads even longer with the attention to detail written into the story. There’s a book 3 to look forward to! (RIP Marley January 20, 2014 - July 24, 2018).
Micky Neilson
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Note: this review ignores typos in the book* Alive at Sunset was a great follow up to Dead by Morning. The characters felt more vibrant and fully realized, and the pacing was fast. If you enjoyed Alive at Sunset, I definitely recommend continuing the series. Looking forward to more!
J.F. Holland
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my usual genre, but carried on reading as I wanted to find out what happens. Not disappointed, a little older and still having problems. No spoilers, but thoroughly enjoyable, now onto the next.
Lisa
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Brilliantly written!

This is an amazing series. It's so well written, and I practically inhaled it, I read it so quickly!
Book One was brilliant as well.
I'm just now putting my review on here. I finished this a couple of days ago.
I can't wait for more titles from this author!
Constant reader...
N.W. Moors
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alive at Sunset is the second book in the Rituals of the Night YA Paranormal series. Luna has lived through the terror and death of Dead by Morning (Book 1) and has just finished up a semester at her college. Three years have passed since the events that occurred in high school and Luna, while still a loner and overachiever, has a new roommate, Amanda, and is trying to move on.
Her nemesis, Chance, is still in a coma though Luna's friend Max tries to warn her that something is wrong and changes a
Jenn *loves dragons and wolves*
I received this book for free from author in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this 2 book a lot and found it moved so much faster and I had a very hard time putting it down. I just had to find out what happened. I found that I felt bad for Chance as all he wanted was for Luna to love him. He didn't know exactly how to show that he loved her and I think she could have given him a chance.
Daniela Zekotic
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, uno_2017
Tony Parsons
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luna Ketz & Amanda “Mandy” Grey (BFF) are roomates & go to Bowling Green St. U.
Luna also visited patients in the hospital.
She stopped by Chance Welfrey’s room he had been on life support & in a coma for 3 yrs.
Luna (20) hoped he would never recover after what he did to her.
Max Cazmea (longtime friend) called Luna that he ws concerned about DreamWorld.
School was out for the summer.
Luna left Bowling Green & headed for Lima.
David Ketz (father) & Rose Ketz (mother) who had come
Josephine
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kayla Krantz's second installment in the a Rituals of the Night series, proved to be just as compelling as the first book. The first book ends with a note left behind for Luna which leaves the reader with wonder and surprise. We take up Luna's life three years later. Luna Ketz is a successful college student studying to be a doctor. College is only an hour away from Lima, Ohio, where the horrors of her past occurred. She still mourns the death of her best friend Violet's horrible death. Roommate ...more
Jessica Fisette
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
All I can say is: wow. I didn’t think the story could get more intense than Dead by Morning, the first book in the Rituals of the Night series, but I was wrong. The craziest part is how even the slow moments brought me to so many twists and turns that I hated to stop reading when real life came calling. Alive at Sunset took me much longer to finish than I’d wanted. I would have kept reading to the end in one sitting if given the opportunity.

The plot was strong and engaging, the characters diver
Cyrene Olson
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uncaged Book Reviews:

The author really ramps this one up. This is an edge-of-your-seat psychological thriller, with horror and paranormal elements. And there is graphic violence. You get to see deep inside the head of this serial killer, and feel the fear of Luna and his victims. But the author also has you feeling sympathy for Chance, which I never would have believed I would, but I did. The characters are well flushed out, and the author leaves no stone unturned in taking you on this highly ch
Jennifer Bradley
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book two in the series. It's all about Chance wanting revenge on Luna the perfect way for him to really annoy Luna. Is by Chance dating Luna's roommate Luna has finally put the whole mess with Chance and all that happend behind her. She is finally moving on with her life and trying to be normal until her friend Max phones her saying there's some problems and its started again. I thought book one was good but this book was even better in the series. A fabulous read.
Deana Potter
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i don't think it was as well written as the first, but still kept my attention.
i hate that there was so much unresolved tension between them. i almost felt as crazy as amanda, like who cares if he's a nutcase serial killer. lol! good stuff though. :)
Craig
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being in a coma couldn't stop chance for long

Being in a long term come and having amnesia couldn't put a stop to chance,and his evil. I would recommend this book to anyone who is a fan of psychological horror.
Harsha
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yep, yep. Satisfaction found. Even with little inconsistencies here and there, this was a enjoyable read after the first book. :)
Karina
Cyril Patrick Feerick
Nov 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Unraveling
  • City of Rose (Ash McKenna, #2)
  • Synthesis: Weave (Synthesis:Weave, #1)
  • The Crocodolly
  • Love Has No Ending
  • Immortal Door
  • The Quiet Kill
  • How to Capture an Invisible Cat (The Genius Factor, #1)
  • Tao of Life and Death
  • Immortal Peace
  • Learning to Walk in India: A Love Story
  • The Seal of Solomon (Alfred Kropp, #2)
  • Axiom
  • Searching for Meaning in Gailana
  • The Journal of a Lifetime
  • Finding the Dragon (Dásreach Council Novels #1)
  • Soften
  • Destiny Unleashed (Demon Huntress, #1)
Proud author responsible for Dead by Morning and The Council, fascinated by the dark and macabre. Stephen King is her all time inspiration mixed in with a little bit of Eminem and some faint remnants of the works of Edgar Allen Poe. When she began writing, she started in horror but it somehow drifted into thriller. She loves the 1988 movie Heathers. She was born and raised in Michigan but traveled ...more

Rituals Of The Night (3 books)
  • Dead by Morning (Rituals of the Night #1)
  • Survive at Midnight (Rituals of the Night #3)
“No matter what you think of me, I'm part of your thoughts. Even if you hate me, I'll live in your mind forever.” 4 likes
“If she opened the closet with her skeletons, they might drag her in with them.” 1 likes