Start by marking “Static Push” as Want to Read:
Static Push

Read Book* *Different edition

Static Push

"... quite the rollercoaster ride." - Allen Stroud, SFbook.com

When the team of scientists at Dennison Industries makes an unexpected discovery, they realise that their fledgling technology has far greater possibilities than they could have imagined.

The Push isn't just new, it changes everything. Expanding our horizons. Setting the human race free. Unshackling us from the
Published September 28th 2015 (first published August 10th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Static Push, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Static Push

Jules
Static Push (ooh, I know what that means now) is a great science fiction novel. In fact, I do believe it is the best science fiction I’ve read without a cute robot in it.

Although it took a little time for me to get into this, once I got my brain into sci-fi geek mode, each time I picked this book up, I found it very hard to put down, as I was eager to find out what was going to happen next.

Static Push is a story of curiosity, loss, fear, teamwork, survival and hope. Some parts are rather emotion
Susan Hampson
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a group of scientists make a break through in their research they are haled as heros. They have done what everyone else thought was impossible and the universe has suddenly become a whole lot smaller.
The first few chapters cover how the team came together and the trials and errors of the experiment. Joel heads the team, more of a serious character, he is their rock even if they do try his patience when naming new technology. My favourite character though has to be Logan, a technician with
Maggie
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I was lucky enough to get this book for review from THE Book Club. I haven't read much Sci- fi for ages but it sounded interesting so I gave it a go & I am really pleased I did. The book moves at a great pace. I'm afraid most of the science- which I'm sure is very good- went way above my head & was filed away in the 'technobabble' drawer. That didn't matter. The characters, action, humour and events swept me along. I really enjoyed this book & I'm really looking forward to the next i ...more
Lee
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure!
I alpha read this book throughout its conception.
Finished a final read through very recently and still found it an entertaining and gripping ride.
A book full of colourful characters, spectacular scenes, and stylish storyline.
You won't be able to put this down till the last page, and then the first thing you will do is look up the authors blog to check on progress of the sequel.
Richard writes in a refreshingly modern style, combining humour and enough gravity to make the protagoni
Angela Robinson
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy science fiction and this did not disappoint. Capture my attention early in the book, the characters where eccentric, funny and answered the question of what would I do in that situation. I stayed up late reading as this was a page turner for me. The author put great thought into the plot and there were no quick fixes. Its a brave new world looking forward to the next installment!
Andy Parkes
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reading
What a great book!

The perfect mix of sci-fi with a splash of British humour :-)

It took me a little while to get into it but once I had I didn't want to put it down.

Peril, space, friendship and families with laughter thrown in too

Really enjoyed reading this one.

Mary Johnson
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! Took me a while to get into and was a bit technical for my senior brain but I'm glad I struggled on! I will read this again before the next comes out because it IS a series I will follow! Thank you for renewing my love of sci-fi Mr Horsley
Jamie Hoyle
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Went from reading The Martian straight on to this book - gotta say, I prefer this! Fantastic, well-spaced plot, especially from a debut author - highly recommended.
Peter Cornwell
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different with a twist that hints at a God presence.

Tough to start with but I soon got into the snappy style and quirky humor. As I got into the main premise of the story I detected a sub message and felt compelled to journey with this family of miss fits to make sure they made it.
Susan Angela Wallace
I received this as an arc from the book club Ctbc) In exchange for an honest review.
when a team of Scientist of Dennison Industries makes an Unexpected discovery, they realise that their pledging technology has far greater possibilities than they Could Imagine.
very good read. l found i enjoyed this more if I read it slow and took breaks.
l did enjoy it and i liked the plot once I got into it. the characters were great. I was happy with the ending although I feel there Could be more. I would highl
Kev Penny
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy&paste of the review I originally stuck on Amazon on completing this book:

Took me a while to get into this, but by the mid-point I found it thoroughly gripping, and I very much didn't want to put it down. I'll definitely be looking out for the next in the series.
Richard Horsley
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Darren
Rebecca Taylor
Aug 14, 2017
Roy Bright
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun, entertaining, witty, downright side-splitting at times and incredibly engaging with tech and science that makes you think “hey! This could actually work!”

I loved this book. The characters are rich and in-depth, with great motivations and personal journeys that will run every emotion in your body under full-tension.

Well done to the author which I believe is his first work. Looking forward to seeing what comes next in this series.
Dave
May 30, 2017
Adam Winwood
Nov 06, 2015
Richard Horsley
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jamie Hoyle
  • Deep Night
  • Layla
  • Patchwork
  • Fairic Stone
  • The Tearings (The Tearings, #1)
  • Compile: Quest (The Corrupted SUN Script Book 1)
  • Black Mercury (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #2)
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • Eden's Garden
  • Tainted Crimson (Tainted, #1)
  • Crash Deluxe (Parrish Plessis, #3)
  • The Secret Life of Winnie Cox
  • Baking Cupcakes in Egypt
  • Sister Psychopath
  • Just Beyond the Garden Gate (Highland Gardens, #1)
  • Fae (Auri, #2)
  • The Rise of the Automated Aristocrats (Burton & Swinburne, #6)
Richard Horsley is an independent British author, podcaster, gamer and father. Not entirely in that order. He hosts the Ready Player 2 gaming podcast, and has guest-hosted on many other shows. He talks a lot, but when there’s nobody around to hear him talking he writes it down.

Static Push is the first novel in the Push Series and is the labour of many years of procrastination, followed by a few m