Start by marking “Making Mindful Magic” as Want to Read:
Making Mindful Magic

Read Book

Making Mindful Magic

Making Mindful Magic shares the gift of mindfulness with children. The book is filled with experiences that are technology-free, mostly set in nature and ignite children’s innate creativity, inviting them into the present moment. The book is available for purchase at www.makingmindfulchildren.com/shop/ma... and on Amazon.

Each activity, delivered in verse, is illustrated wi
Published November 2nd 2015 by Making Mindful Children (first published November 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Making Mindful Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Mindful Magic

Louise Young
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a charming book.
I received this book as a gift because I work closely with children in the hospital setting, an often traumatic and always frightening environment for any child. I have seen first hand the magic this book conjures. When read to them, children are transported to a calm place, a place of their imagining that both distracts from the chaos and Gives back to them a sense of control in what they could only see as an out of control situation.
The illustrations are sweet with the p
Keith Wong
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** received a free copy of this book from author

Firstly I would like to thank Lea McKnoulty for the good writing and I will definitely introduce this book to my nephews and niece.

The book give me a reminder of what I have not been doing for a long time. The instructions provided are really helpful. Personally I did follow the recommendations for relaxing purpose. This would help people of all ages I would say to enjoy life and take it easy.

Highly recommended, and you may have done these in th
Bradford
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Found this book in a little book store in Stones Corner. The illustrations were very poorly done - a little amateurish. This took away from the message for me but maybe the target market is 2-4 year-olds who don't really understand. The typography could have been more inviting and exciting and few mistakes with line breaks. For a self published author/kindy teacher the idea left me a little flat and I would like to see more concepts on trying to teach children to sit still and enjoy things aroun ...more
Christeen Bauer
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Making Mindful Children by Lea McKnoulty is a wonderful book. Each page inviting the reader to focus on a different thought/activity. Simple, yet so incredibly deep. I can see young readers exhaling a sigh of relief at the thought of not having to do anything...and yet doing so much. The illustrations are spot on and very calming. Parents this book is a must for your kids, have them read it to you and then as a team go discover what is around you. I give this book 5 stars. I was gifted this book ...more
Wellington
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Being mindful...

I'm sure my friend and his little girl will love this book as much as I did, especially now that she's starting to be mindful about her surroundings.

Also, who knows, I might as well become a super uncle while we're at it.
Henry Davis
Aug 26, 2016
Donna Wild
Dec 26, 2015
Lea McKnoulty
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Kelly
  • A Good Wife
  • Dogs with Bagels
  • Write Here Write Now
  • Mother of Rain
  • The Quantum Prayer: An Inspiring Guide to Love, Healing, and Creating the Best Life Possible
  • To Fall (The To Fall Trilogy, #1)
  • Legacy of Dragons: Emergence
  • Secrets of the Dragon Tomb (Secrets of the Dragon Tomb, #1)
  • Prepper's Communication Handbook: Lifesaving Strategies for Staying in Contact During and After a Disaster
  • Tangled Travels: 52 Drawings to Finish and Color
  • His Secret Boss
  • Win Friends and Customers: Relationship and Business Success from Empathic Acknowledging
  • Snow Dog, Sand Dog
  • Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel
  • Jungle Rescue
Lea McKnoulty is a children's book author and illustrator with a passion for mindful living and personal growth.

She is a former Early Childhood Teacher and founder of a neighborhood Children’s Arts Festival. A wife and mother to three adult children, Lea is a keen observer of the evolution of family life and child rearing practices and especially the positive effects of mindfulness on them.

Making