Start by marking “Origin Exposed (Descended of Dragons #2)” as Want to Read:
Origin Exposed (Descended of Dragons #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Origin Exposed

(Descended of Dragons #2)

A Dangerous Secret
In fiery redhead Stella Stonewall’s new world magic and shape-shifters are everyday life. Scales, sorcery, shifters—no big. Stella has learned she’s not only descended of dragons, but of something more, too. She struggles to keep this rare form a secret, even from her closest friends.

A Bitter Betrayal
Stella turns to her mentor Rowan Gresham for help. The charming b
Published October 6th 2015 by Carpe Noctem Publishing LLC (first published September 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Origin Exposed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Origin Exposed

Samantha
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Team Rowan Gresham all the way because I'm a sucker for a redeemable hero stars! As soon as I finished this novel I literally said, ":sigh: I'm all for a redeemable hero so Ewan just isn't working out for me, I love Rowan Gresham." I can't help it, nobody wants the safe and boring choice, come on! I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself and need to reign myself back in.

This is book two in the series and picks off right where the first book ends. Stella learns Gresham's position which
Cyndi
Apr 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I actually didn't like this book as much as the first one. The writing is still excellent and the character development is good I just became irritated at Stella and her boyfriends. I grant you that Gresham was kind of a douche but tattling to her powerful uncle was childish. And I don't like Ewan. He is fast sliding to controlling, abusive boyfriend. He stakes his claim on her like she was a chair at the table. If I was her I'd be telling him to find somewhere else to sit.
Anyway, Excellent wr
Aneesa
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review

I am actually quite disappointed with this book, I really did not enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed the first book. I really wanted to but by the end of the book I really just wanted to finish it off and be done with it.

Stella finds out she is an Omni (having the ability to take multiple forms), coming from such a powerful background Stella is in danger, with trouble being around the corner Stella has no choic
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

DNF @ 21%

Not even worth a review.
That bad.
Beyond the Pages
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Where do I begin with my review, regarding this incredible fantasy book that is Origin Exposed?!?! It was a potent dose of excitement mixed with fire and suspense. I L-O-V-E-D it!!!+++ (Yes, that's right. This book gets 3 exclamation marks plus 2 thumbs up and a shiny, gold star.) I kid you not, book two was even better than book one.

In this book, we get to take a closer look at the lives and relationships of the characters who were introduced in the first book. We get to learn about the fire d
Chelcie-Joy
**I received a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Where to start. I LOVED this book. I as almost nervous to start the book because I was afraid, like so many other books, that the second would not compare to the first. But it was just as good if not better.

I really felt for all the characters in this book. The emotions run so deep with each page I read, I was nervous and on edge one minute, excited another, heartbroken later and then laughing out loud.
Andrea: BookStoreFinds
Origin Exposed picks up almost exactly where Rare Form left off. We know that Stella is a descendant of the dragons that terrorized Thayer all those years ago. Stella and Gresham decide to keep that a secret so everyone doesn't hate her or try to kill her.

In Origin Exposed, we find out that Gresham isn't who he says he is and that his relationship with Stella may not be entirely genuine. Grisham also wants stell to help him catch the dragon, her family, to kill them. Knowing this Ste
Jeraca
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult-novels
This was a great book! I loved how different it is, yet very similar to other dragon books I've read in the past. This book got down in the nitty gritty about Stella's past and she had to make a lot of tough decisions, which didn't leave her with very great options by the end of this book.

Stella just wants to be loved. Sure, her mom gave her all the love she could when she was younger, but having other family members love is definitely different than a mother's love. Also, her mother was a litt
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance
I was chomping on the bit to have this story and see where things would take Stella, Gresham and Ewan, and boy was I NOT disappointed!

There are once again, more plot twists and turns than you can shake a stick at, with the action coming thick and fast. Every page is completely imbued with emotions, whether it is sadness or joy. There were times when I thought my own heart was breaking and it wasn't even one of the main characters!

As for Stella, Gresham and Ewan themselves - Stella h
Alicia Peek
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

I was given this arc book in exchange for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this title.

Origin exposed continues exactly where rare form left off, with the exception of digging deeper into the life of Stella with more action, drama, tearing of the heart, and exposing intentions.

Origin exposed gravitates us to forbidden relationships in which must be kept under radar. We are not only invited to see the troubles of S
Auhmanduh
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing

After receiving the first book as an ARC (which I loved) I went in and pre ordered this one.

My thoughts? Jen Crane, I don't know if there is going to be a third book. I really hope there will be and I'm fully vested in this series, I love it! Stella is intelligent, knows how to be a leader and when to be a follower. The supporting characters so far all have depth and aren't just space fillers, (which I also love) they don't detract from the main storyline. Even PIA with the comebac
Valerie
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not happy

Both books were awesome and very well written. I even it bought the second book, however at the end of second book the story was not completed. The books ending was not satisfactory and left wide open. Would have never continued this series had I known it that it was going to have an ending.
No Escape Like a Book
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This book did not disappoint. This was a great continuation to the series. I cannot wait for the next installment.
Brandi
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

The plot was excellent in this book. I was so invested and can't wait to read the next book. I would recommend both books in this series.
Andrea: BookStoreFinds
Elizabeth Days
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Faye
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
*PG-18 (Better for High School and above)

* Great story line —-Dragons and secret worlds—few make out scenes ( nothing too vivid) and little bad language(rare) making rating PG-21.

Mrs. gives it thumbs up:)
Bostonlotus
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, I was wrong about this one - Not only did this series not improve, it got more boring. Stella is just not a likable character, and the new love interest is a tool. Skip it!
Mehak
Nov 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @20%
Gahh Stella is so ANNOYING! In the first book I felt that the idea and world wasn't bad but the writing is still not very smooth.
Lisa
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this!
Kristin
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In this installment of Descended of Dragons, Stella's world is changing even more. Now that she knows she's an omni--a shifter who can change into any animal-- as well as a dragon shifter, she must learn to harness her powers. On top of that, she's descovered that she has family on the dragon side, which isn't such a good thing. After all, her family are the ones that the folktales are about. They are the dragons whom the sorcerer enslaved and had kill thousands of Thayerians. Needless to say, b ...more
E Varady
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
Hard to reconcile

I've been underwhelmed by the second book and the series so far. I reluctantly like Stella. She's quirky, funny, and bold of speech. She's certainly memorable. Unfortunately she seems to be stuck in her early teens, what with all her wining and bursting into tears every other chapter. Add to that her frequent running and hiding motif...let's say I was more than a little annoyed with her lack of brains and agency. Of course, I have never been a fan of the damsel in distress needi
Sarika
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book DEFINITELY answered more questions than the first and I loved it. I love how sensible Stella is. I love how protective Ewan and Boone are. I love how are all her friends are supportive and understanding to her situation.
I have to say though, I could see the Stryde situation coming a mile away and I'm not sure how Stella didn't. I mean, given how he was insane when he was a dragon, I don't know how she didn't expect him to be insane as a human. I'm so glad Rowan's true colors came out
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really like the overall storyline and the increasing twists to Stella's background. What I don't like is when the writer leads the reader toward a growing relationship and then changes course mid-stride. Gresham was being built up as the one and then he is a controlling monster? The change was too quick and so obvious as to move Ewan right in. Since the heroine is a bit older (22 vs 17), I would expect the character to be a bit more mature but she reads like a much younger girl. I stay interes ...more
Stacy Gallina
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ugh now I have to wait

I hate when I finish a book and realize the next book is not available, especially when things are getting good. A lot happened in this book and not all of it is good. Stella is now lost and does not know what to do or where to go, but at least she has her friends standing by her. I really have the hots for Ewan and I really wish I had a Ewan of my own. I cannot wait to see what happens next between Stella, Ewan and Gresham.
Karen Brady
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I loved both books in this series so far! If I had to say anything negative about them, it would be they weren't as long as I would have liked... and that really just goes to show how much I really liked them! So now I will just wait patiently for the next one! If at all possible! Brightest Blessings ~MystycWytch
Terri Stoel
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Heckava book!

Oh wow! Even better then the first book. I found myself cheering, laughing, and crying startling my family so much my husband asked what I was reading.. I told him that it was almost as good as a Terry Pratchett book! Which is high praise indeed. I am eagerly awaiting number three.
PageTurner
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
Awesome story!

This book picks up right after the events in rare form. Stella is struggling to figure out who to trust while trying to get through school and build a relationship with her newfound family. Great book and I'm dying for the next!
Angelle
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Great second book to the series!! More action, twist & turns. You think you know how it will all come together but then you get thrown for a loop. Can't wait to read the next book and see what is in store for Stella!
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover for Origin Exposed 3 12 Sep 15, 2015 09:51AM

• Own Me (Silver Strands #3)
  • Severance (Volition, #2)
  • Skin Deep (Eternal Forces #1)
  • The Causal Enchantment Series (Causal Enchantment #1-4)
  • Reckless (Tempted, #2)
  • Darkness Unveiled (Sky Brooks World: Ethan, #2)
  • Blood Bound (The Godhunter,  #16)
  • Paper Tigers (Fear University, #4)
  • The Last Innocents: The Collision of the Turbulent Sixties and the Los Angeles Dodgers
  • Queen of Light (The Chosen #4)
  • Broken Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #2)
  • Greta and the Lost Army (Mylena Chronicles, #3)
  • Omega (Mackenzie Grey: Origins #4)
  • Knight of Hearts (A McKnight Romance, #2)
Though she grew up on a working cattle ranch, it's fantasy and sci-fi that shine Jen Crane's saddle.

Her newest novel, Sunscorched, won a Rosemary award for excellence in young adult fiction.

Jen has a master’s degree and solid work histories in government and non-profit administration. But just in the nick of time she pronounced life too real for nonfiction. She now creates ende

Descended of Dragons (3 books)
  • Rare Form (Descended of Dragons, #1)
  • Betrayal Foretold (Descended of Dragons, #3)