Start by marking “Darkness Echoes” as Want to Read:
Darkness Echoes

Darkness Echoes

Six spooky never before seen YA short stories just in time for Halloween!

Til Death Do Us Part by L.A. Starkey - Jennifer and Zach have been best friends since birth, but as their senior year approaches, things change drastically. With little time left to reveal her heart before college, Jen plans a night to remember at the old haunted Vandercamp Mansion for Zach's birthday
Published October 6th 2015 by J.S. Marx Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Darkness Echoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkness Echoes

Start your review of Darkness Echoes
Dianne
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Six spooky tales, six talented authors who have conjured up some magical reading from their boiling cauldrons just in time for Halloween reading! A coven of writers out to give nightmares to anyone who opens this tome or brilliant minds who have given nightmare-free reading to younger teens just in time for trick or treating?

Darkness Echoes with a short tale each from L.A. Starkey, Chess Desalls, Kelly Hall, D.E.L. Connor, C.K. Dawn and D.B. Nielsen is fun seasonal reading with a dark edge with
K.S. Marsden
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Six spooky YA stories by some of best indie authors of the time.

This is a perfect October read, and I have definitely enjoyed, curling up with a warm blanket and glass of wine this week. I'm not used to reading short story collections, so forgive me if this is a little long-winded!

Til Death Do Us Part by L.A. Starkey
Jennifer is trying to get her life in order, putting her arrogant boyfriend in place, and telling her best friend Zach how she truly feels about him.

I loved this, it was such a stron
Rosie Amber
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darkness Echoes is an anthology if six YA short Halloween style stories.

Till Death Do Us Part by L.A Starkey involves Jennifer, cheer leader and troubled child after the death of her Grandmother. She has a school project to do and because she loves all things horror, she'd like to do it on the local haunted mansion. Friend Zack has been absent all summer and she persuades him to go with her to the mansion, where she gets more than one surprise.

Witch Moth by Kelly Hall. A teenage love triangle be
DB Nielsen
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
DB NielsenCK DawnD.E.L. ConnorKelly HallL.A. StarkeyChess DesallsThere are six novellas to in this collection.
As one of the authors of this anthology you might say that I am somewhat biased, however, aside from the theme of 'Halloween' I had no idea of what the other lovely ladies actually wrote. Not until after the release.
All of the tales are so different but also so delicious, spooky and sharp.
Do I have a favourite? - I love them all.
If you like spooky tales then this is definitely one for
Ryan Guy
Darkness Echoes is an eclectic mix of six Halloween-centric stories written by six different authors. Suspense, horror, magic, and undying love are just a few of the wickedly good themes in these tales.
Get ready for a heroine fix! The female leads in these stories are strong three-dimensional characters with attitude and determination. I didn't have any trouble rooting for them to succeed.
Fans of paranormal romance will not be disappointed. There are plenty of male leads in the stories that put
Melanie Rodriguez
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darkness Echoes was a great Halloween anthology by six authors who each brought a great tale to the table. Having read some of these authors' work before, I was pretty excited to see some new installments of theirs. It's hard to choose a favorite, so I won't. I even enjoyed the fact that several of the stories were a part of the said authors' original universe. Overall, very enjoyable.
Stacy Aube
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great collection of short stories.

My favorite is Till Death do us Part.
This was such a great read that the ending just shocked me.

I have already recommended this book to others.
Kelly Akemann
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read! I like the paranormal/sci fi genre to a point. Scary stories or spooky stories, I tend to stay clear of. But this one? Was awesome!! And if this is what others in this genre are like, I have been missing out. I love when I think I have figured everything out in a story and then a surprise happens. And it is usually something that I slap my forehead and think "Why didn't I realize that?" A definite story I was unable to put down.
(I received a copy of this story in exchange
Debbie
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read. This book has short stories by different authors and they are all spooky and fun. The authors do a really good job with the Halloween theme of the book.
Kristy
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great collection of spooky stories. I could not put the book down. Once I finished one of the stories I wanted to read the next one. had to say which was my favorite, but loved them all.
Duawana Wilson
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully well written collection. I loved every story. It is a roller coaster ride of emotions. Full of fun,excitement, and danger. I would recommend this to everyone.
Marie
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the stories

An interesting collection of short stories, some pretty creepy and some magical. A fun read from some wonderfully talented authors!
Karina
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-read
I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways!

Just FYI, this book is free for Kindle. I was lucky enough to win the paperback edition through Goodreads!

This is a dark Young Adult short story collection, comprised of six short stories written by six different writers.

‘Til Death Do Us Part’ by L. A. Starkey is the first story. It’s a creepy and mysterious teenage love story; a thrilling ghost story about having the courage to be yourself, despite what other people might think. It’s ab
Ash †Reviews of a FearStreetZombie†
Because it had so many stories in one, I'll be writing this review a little different, 6 reviews for each story then one final one.

Till Dead Do Us Part by L.A. Starkey:
This was honestly my most favorite story out of this whole book. I thought it was wonderfully written and everything just went together smoothly. I loved the whole story line though the ending did kinda throw my off, it took a while of thinking before I realized what was going on. Lol But I liked it anyway.

Witch Moth by Kelly Hal
Roxanne Dugger-Martinez
I received a copy of this book from Hurricane Readers Review group in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed these short stories. Most of them were easy to figure out but still enjoyable. Great read for Halloween.
Deidre Mapstone
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful collection of mysterious stories! Each one had its own voice, yet kept me turning the pages!
I loved every story, and even wanted more.
A fabulous read for anyone who enjoys a group of good short mysteries!
Teresa Derrick
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Paranormal collective of spooky

Great authors with great tales from the spooky side to tell. What Halloween is complete without tales of ghosts, witches, vampires, knights of the round table descendents, Skywalker, and just plain paranormal. I loved it
Kathryn Synoracki
I received this book from the author for an honest review! Loved this book! Great short stories by great authors! I would love to read more like this!
Jessica Mitchell
Six different stories of spooky hauntings, love, tragedy, and magic. All by six different talented authors.
One tells of a tragic tale of the descendants of Icabob Crane and his enemy. The girl may of lost her father but when she finds out she has to defeat the headless horseman all bets may be off. Will she be able to do it and save the souls that were promised to hell?
The second story about a girl who discovers the two kids living in a haunted house are more than what they seem. Now if only sh
Sheri
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Darkness Echoes: A Spooky YA Short Story Collection L.A. Starkey

A great collection of short spooky stories. Each by different Authors, with their own style and touch. There is something for everyone in this fantastic collection. I highly recommend Darkness Echoes: A Spooky YA Short Story Collection to Y/A and Adult readers. Titles and Authors listed below.

Til Death Do Us Part by L.A. Starkey - Jennifer and Zach
Witch Moth by Kelly Hall
The Coming of the Skin Walker by D.E.L. Connor
Lantern by Ch
Amber Hassler
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting YA Stories.

I will be breaking down each story, so this will be long.
-Till Death Do Us Part by L.A. Starkey. 4 out of 5.
A history of immortal love. Besides spelling errors, this story was great in the beginning, but halfway through when the story was unfolding it felt unnaturally rushed. It was hard to absorb the story at that point, which caused me to continuously reread sentences in order to understand what I was reading.
-Witch Moth by Kelly Hall. 3.5 out of 5.
A tale of betrayal and
Sayra
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
The first two stories were wonderful (5*), I couldn't put them down. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the rest of the book. My breakdown of each short story is as follows;

Till death do us part: I loved loved Loved this story. A budding romance, creepy setting within modern times along side some mystery. Perfect!

Witch Moth: Despite the title, this story was great! Old abandoned house, creepy back story, the mysterious love interest. Yes please!

The coming of the skin walker: Compared to the
Heather
Oct 28, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up
A compilation of stories that "stand" on their own (airquotes intended).

Question: Do all mothers call their teenage daughters "baby" nowadays?

Till Death Do Us Part - No stars - I should have known from the title this was going to be bad..."Till"? Maybe I was hoping for an agricultural/punny/spooky story? Alas, it was just a homophonic disaster without an editor. The dialogue was stilted, I figured out the twist almost immediately, and the sketchy outline of how the characters got themselves int
Lizzie
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Til Death Do Us Part by L.A. Starkey - This had to be my favorite story of the collection. I had an idea of what was going on but there was a nice twist at the end. The characters were likable and interesting.

Witch Moth by Kelly Hall - This was an entertaining tale about revenge and love.

The Coming of the Skin Walker by D.E.L. Connor -At first I did not think I would like this one but it became very interesting. I have not seen very many YA Native American tales that take place in historical tim
Maria
Dec 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
A collection of six stories, starting of quite good. I enjoyed most stories withing the collection except a few, dragging the total rating down some. Another downside I thought was that a huge part of the stories were filled with highschool drama about boys and crushes.... You'd get sick of less.

That being said, there were some good storylines too, despite the drama making me curious to check out other work by some of the authors.
Daleine
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darkness Echoes is a book of short Paranormal romances that is great for teenagers through adults. I enjoyed each story in the collection. I did not like the ending of the first story and almost did not go on but I am so glad I did. The stories include vampires, ghosts, shape shifters, witches and empathic powers. Six spooky tales to enjoy for Halloween or any time. I would recommend it to anyone who loves paranormal romances.
Rebecca
These stories were too cheesy and the plot lines were poorly developed. I had to quit reading and move onto something more time worthy.
larry brashear
Jun 13, 2016 rated it liked it
So-So!

Good book until the end with no end. Seriously I truly enjoyed it until the non-end. The author is a good writer though.
Theresa Frenzel
Aug 26, 2016
Frederick Sanders
Mar 18, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: My author name appears different on goodreads 8 63 Dec 01, 2015 12:02AM
Indie Book Club: spooky YA book--free right now 3 17 Nov 09, 2015 10:31AM

• Girl Jacked (Jack Stratton, #1)
  • Critique of Pure Reason
  • Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies
  • The Orlando File (The Orlando File #2)
  • The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again)
  • The Orlando File (The Orlando File #1)
  • The White Mountains
  • Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
  • The 48 Laws of Power
  • Jack Knifed (Jack Stratton, #2)
  • The Last Call (Bill Travis Mysteries, #1)
  • Atlas Shrugged
  • A Light in the Attic
  • Where the Wild Things Are
  • Autumn (Seasonal, #1)
  • Wall and Piece
LA Starkey or Laurie is the author of the Amazon Best Selling series, The Soul Keeper, a supernatural young adult series, and The Liarus Detective Series, a supernatural middle-grade series.

She is a former-CPA turned full-time fiction writer. Writing and reading are passions she just can’t help but indulge in on a daily basis. She lives with her husband and teenage son in Nashville, TN, and enjoys