Start by marking “Unhinged (Kittery Serials Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Unhinged (Kittery Serials Book 1)

Unhinged (Kittery Serials Book 1)

Growing up, Ainsley Carter always felt different from her parents. While they embraced their financial status, she never liked how it set her apart from others in their small town. It was always obvious to her what money did to people, how it had the power to change things. Most of all, she hated what it took from her.
Her heart.

Back in Kittery, Maine, for the first time
Kindle Edition
Published October 13th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Unhinged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unhinged

Start your review of Unhinged (Kittery Serials Book 1)
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: short-read
This was a super read. Although it's short it told me the full story and didn't leave me hanging. Of course I gotta add if this book was longer I certainly wouldn't be complaining.

Cat certainly knows how to write a fabulous story. I loved the main characters Ainsley and Adam. The came across as real which is a big positive for me.

Ainsley and Adam come from completely different backgrounds. Four years away from her home and a broken heart Ainsley is back to move on with her life. Can she stand
David Maher
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
The ocean is about the only thing Ainsley Carter can honestly say she loves about returning home after finishing college. She'd left under a cloud at 17 after things had gone horribly wrong between her and local bad boy Adam James and not set foot in Kittery since.

Now she's back, and just like putting on a comfortable set of old shoes, she's slipped back into the role of being the perfect puppet for her wealthy parents who have her whole future mapped out for her. Who she's going to marry and
Geri
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short, sexy, and completely drool worthy! This story doesn't waste any time and pulls you in right from the beginning. You feel the pain and discomfort Ainsley feels when returning home. She is from a very wealthy family who does things for the sake of outside appearances and even personal decisions are made based on business. Ainsley thought she had it all before she left home heartbroken and is not looking forward to bumping into her past. Adam thought he had his feelings in check but when he ...more
Rachel Caplinger
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!!!
****I recieved this book, in exchange for an honest review on Rae's Rockin' Reviews"***********
This starts off with a "bang!" Ainsley comes back to Maine for the first time in four years, to a life that is not of her choosing, but is in the plans of her overly privileged parents.
"Ainsley Carter is destined to marry a man who will take over my father's empire and become a decorative show piece in the home, just as my mother is."
Not only is she pushed to marry someone she doesn't
Naomi Connor
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Naomi / Scandalous Book Blog***

This was a quick short read that definitely packs a punch.
I loved the characters and the story, my only complaint is I wished it had been longer.

Ainsley Carter has come home to Maine 4 years after leaving. But there is trouble brewing as Adam is still here and 4 years ago he stole her heart and broke it all at the same time, she still hasn’t pieced herself back together again. Coming from a wealthy family has its
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ainsley Carter comes from a wealthy, overbearing family. Adam James is from a middle class upbringing. They find that they are perfect for each other anyway. Ainsley's family doesn't approve of him, and will do anything to control her life. Four years later, she comes home still broken, and Adam's full of bitterness as neither has moved on. Will they find out the truth about what went wrong?

Serials are just mean, and the level of meanness is taken up a notch when one of the top 5 authors trying
The Book Fairy Reviews
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Growing up in a family where all they cared about was appearances and money was pure hell for Ainsley. She was expected to marry into wealth and continue the family legacy. Her parents had it all planned out. What they didn't plan on was, Adam.
Adam was a middle class boy that befriended and then fell in love with Ainsley. They planned on forever. Their forever was taken from them.
A perfect read for anyone, this book is filled with love, betrayal and lies. Rebelling and standing up for herself
Maria Lazarou--Obsessed by Books Blog
Loving books by Cat, I couldn't wait to read this.

This is a short read, but nothing is left out. We meet Adam and Ainsley, with a past that we follow 4 years ago. we find out the different ways each of them deals with the events and how second chance romance can happen.

Filled with powerful emotions, lots of twists and turns, this I found to be a very enjoyable read. There is no messing about with this book, right from the start you are pulled into the read.

Cat has a way of writing that will let
Angie
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such an interesting short story.
There is something for everyone in this face paced book. I can't even say heartbreaking or heart warming because it pulls you in both ways. Ainsley and Adam's story is full of surprises. Can they end up being together or will her parents have her married off to her childhood friend in hopes to bring to wealthy families together? I love how this sorry ended. Looking forward to the second book in the series. 4.5/5 stars.
michelle Shelly
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just love reading Cat's books. Unhinged is different from the other books of hers that I've read. This is a second chance book with a great story line.

Adam and Ainsley are totally in love with each other until he breaks her heart. She leaves town for college to come back four years later still in love with him.

I'm not going to give anything away, you need to read it for yourself. You will love the characters and the writing will keep you reading. Great book Cat loved it!
Mary Lou Hoffman
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
UNHINGED is the first book in the Kittery Serial. They will need to be read in the order of release.

I loved this short, second-chance romance between the blue-collar boy and the mink coat debutante. The emotions are intense from the first page to the last. Love, lies, betrayal, and loyalty are all exposed to light.

Like many of the girls I have known, it may be short, but it is mighty!

Note: while I was given this book as a gifted ARC, my opinions are my own and are given freely.

Title: UNHINGED
Sheila
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ainsley Carter and Adam James are your typical lovers from different sides of the tracks, so to speak. Ainsley grew up in wealth and privilege while Adam is a Harley rider who works construction. Yet those differences didn't matter when they were young and in high school. Ainsley never felt like she belonged with people like her parents and she made friends who her family considered beneath them. When they discovered that she and Adam were in love they decided to put an end to it, unbeknownst to ...more
Johnnie-Marie Howard
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r
Really short and amazing story. The author has done a really great job with the details and getting the writing on paper. I do have to say I was a little confused on what the story was about but that didn't stop me from reading it, I had it read and finished in one day. Although this story was short I also felt as if a I missed a few things about it, like what happened, the ending really threw me in a loop that's for sure. This is my first time reading anything by this author and let me say wow, ...more
Kerry Richardson
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5. The story is decent enough but there were many grammatical errors and mistakes in such a short book. I don't mind quick reads, they get straight to the point and don't waffle unnecessarily but I hate bad editing. However, the story and characters were good. ...more
Erica
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This short story is awfully sexy. And keeps you swing those pages all day. Cat does another amazing job with book. It was awesome
MLD
DJ Sakata
Dec 15, 2015
Kim
Dec 19, 2015
When she isn't writing, Cat is spending time with her kiddos, losing herself in a Netflix binge, or reading a book by one of her favorite authors. She was born and raised outside of St. Louis, Missouri, just over the Mississippi River in Granite City, Illinois. Cat writes romance of all kinds with twists of humor. She has love of fictional men with filthy mouths, and lives on Bai Watermelon and ...more