Start by marking “The Siege of Lady Aloria (World of de Wolfe Pack)” as Want to Read:
The Siege of Lady Aloria (World of de Wolfe Pack)

The Siege of Lady Aloria

(World of de Wolfe Pack)

Lady Aloria has experienced firsthand what balls, betrothals, and the ensuing betrayals can do to a woman. To heal her heart, Aloria’s aim is to simply survive her final grand ball before her twenty-fourth birthday, and hope that her parents finally come to terms with her spinsterhood and allow her to retire to the country in peace.

Unfortunately, Marcus Adair, the Duke of
Published October 27th 2015 by Kindle Worlds

To ask other readers questions about The Siege of Lady Aloria, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Siege of Lady Aloria

Carolyn
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful, heartwarming story. It would have made a great full-length novel. One of my favorites of the World of de Wolfe Pack books. A new author for me. ;)
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

The Siege of Lady Aloria by Christina McKnight

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

*Clapping* I love historical romance and I wish more people did as well!! This story gives you all the fun and drama that is expected in a regency romance. Our girl Aloria isn’t every guys dream girl. She is curvy annnd well no
Jessica
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every now and again I like to throw a historical romance into my reading mix. It reminds me that well written love story doesn't need show sexual chemistry with scene after scene of erotic or tawdry acts. So when I stumbled across The Siege of Lady Aloria, I was completely ready to be seduced stolen moments and lingering looks.

Aloria is celebrating her last season of having to deal with trying to find a husband. After being passed over several times, she's done with it all and it ready to become
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle:

I will admit. I don't read a ton of regency romances. Not because I don't like them, just simply because I prefer the darker stuff. Christina McKnight has, once again, made me question that. This novella was beautifully done, captivating, enchanting, and perfectly paced.

Set in Christina's Lady Forsaken world with ties to Kathryn Le Veque's de Wolfe Pack novels, we meet Lady Aloria, a voluptuous 24 year old in her last season, wanting to s
Aleen ~Lampshade Reader
I loved the heroine of this story. Aloria, is not your typical romance heroine. She's does not have the perfect figure, the perfect wit, nor the sassy comebacks. Unlucky and jilted three times in relationships, Aloria has to watch while her best friend makes plans to marry the man that she was interested in.

Enter our hero, Marcus, who is really close to going to debtor's prison because of his late father's gambling habits. Marcus needs a way out and sets his sights on Aloria who can give him an
Marissa
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kindle Copy for Review

Marcus Adair, the Duke of Wolfeton is broke due to his father gambling. He seeks Lady Aloria’s father for aid but instead he ends up meeting her. He knows he has a nice dowry and if he marries her his money problems would be solved. So he ends up befriending her at her ball but he soon realizes he has feelings for her.

Lady Aloria is used to being betrayed especially from suitors who have courted her. This was supposed to be her final grand ball before her twenty fourth birt
Dixie
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story touched my heart. Lady Aloria had a privileged upbringing and loving parents, but that didn't protect her from the intentionally unkind words of society gossip. She has come to doubt her ability to discern the intentions of men. Unfortunately, she loses her heart to a man who, while in fact IS indeed smitten with her, needs the assistance of her father to restore his family's fortune. Naturally, she assumes he has pursued her only for the sake of her dowry and family. Nonetheless, Mar ...more
Debbie
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely Love the story of Aloria and Marcus! Marcus comes to town looking for a lady to marry, to help him rebuild his finances. Aloria has given up on marrying and is celebrating her at 24th birthday ball when she literally runs into Marcus in the hallway. Their meeting sets off a chain of events that keeps you guessing as to whether or not Marcus will be able to capture his Lady. Pay attention to the portrait of her namesake it travels a lot.

I received a copy of this book from the author
d‘Milady *aka*Dawn
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am not normally a fan of novellas, but this one I really loved! I adore Aloria and how strong she is despite everyone around her trying to keep her down. Marcus is great too in the way he cares for her despite what everyone else thinks or says. This was a great read and I would recommend to anyone who likes this genre.
Janet
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lady Aloria has experienced firsthand what balls, betrothals, and the ensuing betrayals can do to a woman. To heal her heart, Aloria's aim is to simply survive her final grand ball before her twenty-fourth birthday, and hope that her parents who truly love her finally come to terms with her spinsterhood and allow her to retire to the country in peace. She’s been courted three times & left three times. Unfortunately, Marcus Adair, the Duke of Wolfeton, has other plans for her future. In town ...more
Kelly  The Sassy Book Lover
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one and couldn't put it down. Sparks were flying with their first meeting and I was cheering him on throughout the story. Her parents are very different from most and truly want to see her safe and happy after everything that has happened. I loved that the person trying to put them together was not someone you would expect. Things worked out perfectly in the end.

Aloria is one of those heroines that many can connect with on many levels. She has put up with so much throughout her life
Pat
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from this awesome author! The story was very well-written with interesting and likable characters. The heroine was not your typical slim/trim/skinny lady. This heroine was well endowed and absolutely wonderful! This story had great emotion, some humor and sweet romance. It hooked me right from the start, and I was sad when the story ended. Highly recommended for historical romance readers! A true must read!
Sheila Melo
Plus Sized Heroine in a Novella Taking Place in the DeWolfe Pack World

"Every person had the option to be positive, taking the bad and making it good, and showing kindness to others."

FINAL DECISION: Ultimately this story suffers as it is forgettable. Without my notes of the story, I would have completely forgotten the story and the characters by the time I wrote this review two days later.

THE STORY: Lady Aloria wants to wait out her twenty-fourth birthday so that she will be on the shelf. She has
Jeanne
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A love worth waiting for!

After surviving the hurt inflicted upon her by the judgmental ton and the three shallow, weak men who betrayed her heart and her trust, Lady Aloria amazingly endures with her spirit and enthusiasm for life intact and ready when Lord Wolfeton, her Wolfe, arrives in her life to sweep her off her feet!!!
Anne Reinke
rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2015
Nov 18, 2015
Daisy
Nov 09, 2015
Christina McKnight
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jerold R Shaltis
Apr 15, 2018
Roy Capell
Oct 29, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: Add book to series 3 18 Oct 14, 2015 02:13PM
USA Today Bestselling Author Christina McKnight writes emotional and intricate Regency Romance with strong women and maverick heroes.

Christina enjoys a quiet life in Northern California with her family, her wine, and lots of coffee. Oh, and her books...don't forget her books! Most days she can be found writing, reading, or traveling the great state of California.

Sign up for Christina's newsletter

World of de Wolfe Pack (1 - 10 of 61 books)
  • Highland Dawn (World of de Wolfe Pack)
  • Love's Legacy (World of de Wolfe Pack)
  • Lone Wolfe (World of de Wolfe Pack; Heirs of Titus De Wolfe #1)
  • Breton Wolfe (World of de Wolfe Pack; The Wolves Of Brittany #1)
  • Nobody's Angel (World of de Wolfe Pack)
  • A Knight's Desire (World of de Wolfe Pack)
  • Together Again (World of de Wolfe Pack)
  • River's End (World of de Wolfe Pack)
  • Promise of a Knight (World of de Wolfe Pack)
  • Dragon Fire (World of de Wolfe Pack)