Start by marking “Lost” as Want to Read:
Lost

Lost

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  307 Ratings  ·  140 Reviews
We came from nothing and were given a second chance at life, and life was pretty good until it tipped on its axis and my world came tumbling down around me.

My Baby Sister is missing…
Stolen…
Lost…

I’ve never felt this helpless before now, the vacant hole inside me expanding with each passing second of not knowing where she is.
What’s she going through?
Is she hurt?
Suffering
Published February 29th 2016

Jennifer Kyle
2.75 ~ 3 Stars

"All the warnings from education, from Mom and my big sister, Winter, and yet I still find myself here...Stolen...Lost."

A quest to find a missing sister leads the heroine, Winter encountering some very dangerous people.

"This wasn't me finding him, this was him, this was him allowing me to find him. What was his end game?"

There were a few scenes that didn't work for me: the random girl on campus with her proclamations and how about Cole's know how with blood play? A huge part of
warhawke
Lost is LIVE!
Amazon US | UK | CA | AU

Genre: Dark Erotic Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Winter Kelly grew up in a horrific environment with her sister Summer. After being saved and brought to a new home, they flourished as an individual. Winter was well on her way to be in the Police force when Summer disappeared, urging her to do anything to find her sister back.

Cole Jennings was a young officer who helped the sisters during their earlier predicament. He came back
 ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"by Ker Dukey & D.H. Sidebottom" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Lost
AUTHOR: Ker Dukey
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: 29th February, 2016

MY RATING

EDGY, GRITTY, SUSPENSEFUL, A GAME OF CAT & MOUSE

Now and then you just need to take a walk on the dark side and who better to do it with but the dark queen Ker Dukey..

WARNING
This book is Dark erotica.
This book contains abusive and sexual situations that some may fin
CC
description

”4.5 Stars”

Summer Kelly, a happy teenager, is gone without a trace. There are no real clues, but her description fits the pattern of a local serial killer called the Angel Killer. Winter Kelly is Summer’s older sister who is a college student with aspirations of becoming a detective specializing in psychological profiling. As children, their lives were difficult and disturbing, but Winter absorbed all the darkness and protected Summer in every way possible way. Now that Summer is missing, Winter
Katie
4.5 we all have secrets stars

description

"I wanted you the moment I laid eyes on you at your parents. I've never wanted anything so much. You're a delicacy, Win, an exquisite creature that deserves to bleed pleasure"

Words cannot describe how much I loved this book! A romantic thriller unlike which I have read before! The suspenseful themes were SUPER creepy and the sex scenes were scorchingly hot!

So why not 5+++ stars? That ending. It felt a bit rushed and it left a lot of questions unanswered- such as (vi
Dusti Hanrahan
Mar 07, 2016 Dusti Hanrahan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual these fantastic authors gave me a high dose of mind fucking! I loved it BUT the end.. I mean.... ALL of that and then it's just over?! Wtf?! I was adrenaline stoked and fucking grasping for answers and then... The End... Ugh! I feel like my mind has been fucked -hard -but at the last minute they pulled out!

There was no need to read the blurb, these 2 authors are a "go-to" for me.... It's time to get back a little darkness in my life :)
Elfina Renee
Feb 29, 2016 Elfina Renee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
 photo Tied Man.gif
Sinister, dark, chilling and very disturbing, not for the feint of heart or those with triggers. How far would you go to save a child's life? Now imagine that child is your blood, your family and time is running out.
 photo Tied Man 5.gif
For me this was hard hitting because of human filth that targets children and sadly knowing these monsters are really out there. Ker Dukey did an amazing job bringing this heinous nightmare into reality with what happened to Summer! Five star dark read!
 photo Beaten.jpg
 ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋLina's Reviews Book Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbutton_zpscmjwohw3.jpg

ARC kindly provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review.

Wow. Dark, intense and haunting!!! I was not very familiar with the authors' work but I have to say that I was VERY pleasantly surprised by their collaboration. What an exciting and gritty ride!
Winter Kelly is a young woman, training to be a police officer. Her ambition is to specialize in investigative psychology. She is strong and determined and she has endured a lot since she was little.
Her sister and her were adopted and th
Romance Readers Retreat
Feb 27, 2016 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!!!!
Lost is amazing, suspenseful, twisty and dark and i loved every single minute, i couldn't get enough and inhaled it in one sitting.

Winter and Summer haven't been handed the best start to life until a second chance at life is given and grabbed with both hands.

Winter is travelling up to see Summer for her birthday when she gets there she greeted to police, her sister has vanished.

Winter takes it upon herself to investigate and get her sister back, she is soon reunited with a police office
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 06, 2016 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
When two greats minds join together they come up with one brilliant story. I opened my kindle to read a chapter or two before going to sleep. I didn't put my kindle down until I'd finished reading the whole story. I was literally gripped. That was two days ago and the book is still rolling around in my head. I'm now still struggling to put into words how brilliant this was. I doubt I'll be able to do it justice but I'll try.

Winter loves her sister Summer. When they were young they were adopted b
Di - -Twisted Sisters Book Reviews-
4.5 Stars!

Another sadistic, roller-coaster ride from this dynamic duo. Plug in your night light and enjoy.

Serial killers are their own kind of breed, not human but wear a human face to lure their prey.

D H Sidebottom and Ker Dukey have proven themselves yet again. You don't know where one starts and the other begins. It's been a game I like to play, who wrote what? Lost is no exception. A twisted games of cat and mouse, sadistic characters, and a story that will keep you on your toes. I loved ev
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Feb 18, 2016 Charlie ✰ WLTB Blog ✰ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-must-read, feb-2016
ANOTHER FANTASTIC 5*****
Well I don’t even know where to start with this review I loved this book.
I love all the books that Dawn and Ker have wrote, but I am going to be totally honest This has to be my favourite to Date!

Both Winter and Summer came from nothing only to have a second chance at Life that is until Summer goes missing.

Winter feels helpless she starts investigating to try and find her,

The more she learns of her disappearance the more fear implants itself inside her heart.

Cole a police
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Mar 04, 2016 Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon rated it really liked it

**** 4 Cranky stars ****
This was a freakishly dark and intriguing story by the queens of torture and darkness. I was literally sat on the corner of my couch pondering how these two keep coming up with new ways to twist my mind in two.

Winter and Summer had a rough and tragic start to life. Winter is now a college student; studying to be in the criminal justice field, when she gets the devastating news her little sister has gone missing.

Winter crosses paths with an old friend, Cole, who soon learn
honeypoppybooks
4.5 STARS

Ker and DH does it again for me! She always gets me engulfed in the story that I don't see the twist coming. I just wish the story was a bit longer. Other than that it was fast paced and suspenseful, it actually felt like I was watching a movie. Except I was reading it haha. I hope these two authors continue to write with each other in the future. They are the dark queens in my book. I would recommend this book
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Feb 22, 2016 Tricia Bartley (iScream Books) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
7:47 AM
speechless..just SPEECHLESS!!
b back later today to write my review for this fan-dam-tastic 5 star Dark read!!
OMG..these authors are soooo kick ass together!! *clap...clap....clap..BRAVO*

5:32 PM

Summer: "Summer has always been my favorite time of the year, my mother must have known when naming me that I would seek out the sun."

"I didn't see my life ending up here...."

And this is where this book begins. This is a story about two sisters that have had a very troubled, horrible life, then the
Lorie Hess
Feb 29, 2016 Lorie Hess rated it liked it
This was just ok for me. I felt a lot of the story just didn't add up. I mean Winter was a strong character, but her behavior came off erratic and a bit crazy. I couldn't figure out if this was taking place in the US or the Uk. It seems she was able to investigate her sisters disappearance with no mention of other detectives or FBI mentioned. At the beginning of the book she removed her sisters computer from the house and all her papers. It would seem to me that law enforcement would be asking f ...more
Expresso
Feb 23, 2016 Expresso rated it it was amazing
First and foremost....awesome cover! I absolutely love the cover! Second, awesome word flow. The flow of words are so poetic throughout this story. During a few scenes I found myself humming some badass tunes while reading!

Such pain in this story! Winter and her sister, Summer, survive the worst childhood imaginable, they are blessed with a few good years with their adoptive parents, and BOOM the tragedy resumes! Do you believe in fate? Do you believe fate is so cruel to allow one to survive un
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Lost by Ker Dukey and D. H. Sidebottom

5 + scary ass stars!
These authors always manage to keep me on the edge of my seat!
Very adult content!
Mind boggling. I can never guess where it's going to end up..
In other words, AWESOMESTUPENDOUSFANTASTIC!
When Winter's sister, Summer, goes missing, Winter will stop at NOTHING to find her.
The things she will do! The limits she goes to!
I felt her desperation, her helplessness. My heart had palpitations at the situations she put herself in.
Loved it. Love Ker
Jillian
Feb 26, 2016 Jillian rated it it was amazing
These ladies have knocked it out of the park....again! This is a must read on the dark side!
I was up and pacing while reading this story, it's one that grabs you and doesn't let go. I could not put this down and always wanting to know what was going to happen next.
There is so much happening but always keeping you guessing, this poor poor sister duo and the life they have had truly will touch you. There are of course many hot scenes and also scenes full of heart.
Buckle up and enjoy the ride wi
Dri K.K.
Mar 10, 2016 Dri K.K. rated it it was amazing
4,5 Summer&Winter stars <3

Debbie
Apr 14, 2016 Debbie rated it liked it
Summer and Winter were abused by their mother when they were children. After Winter saves them from their mother's drug dealer, a young cop by the name of Cole becomes an important person in their lives. He watches over them and is someone they can trust. They're adopted by loving parents and begin living a good life. Winter is away at college and goes home for Summer's birthday. When she arrives she learns that Summer is missing. Cole shows up and promises to help Winter find her sister. The at ...more
Victoria
Feb 21, 2016 Victoria rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review on behalf of my co-owned blog United by Books.

Lost is full of the dark deliciousness I have come to know and love from Ker and Dawn and why the pair are my favourite writing duo!

I was drawn into Lost from the very first page. The story itself is complicated, seductive and will most definitely keep you on your toes throughout. I read Lost quickly because quite simply I couldn't put it down, even drying my hair while I kept reading haha. It's ve
Karen Preiato
Feb 19, 2016 Karen Preiato rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read, suspense
5 STARS. YES THE WRITING DUO ARE THAT GOOD

I always support authors for their hard work and even though I received an ARC for an honest review I will also be purchasing LOST to add to my collection.

Firstly I will say that I have devoured every book that Dawn and Ker have written together, Lost is certainly up there as one of my fav's.

Winter and Summer had a crappy start to life with a drugged up mother who thought it was acceptable to offer her kids "as payment".
Finding themselves in "The System
Shelby
*I received a free copy to read & review for Wicked Reads Review Team~

Lost was another crazy ride from the creative collaboration of Ker Dukey and D.H. Sidebottom. Together, these ladies were able to create a story full of suspense and darkness that ONLY they can create.

Winter and Summer have had a very difficult start to life, born to a drug-addicted mother who turns tricks to afford her habit, they are doomed from the beginning. Winter has always protected her younger sibling, taken the b
Momma Hellmouth
Ela
Apr 04, 2016 Ela rated it liked it
I would like to add this book may have more horror than dark aspects IMO...
R.f. Greenwood
Feb 20, 2016 R.f. Greenwood rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2016
Once again Ker Dukey & D H Sidebottom deliver an amazing book!

From the beginning i was hooked and the more and more i read the more I was getting lost in the book. It felt like falling down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland.

My stomach was in knots.
My head was spinning.
My heart was pounding.
All of them things are what a Ker Dukey & D H Sidebottom book do to me.

You literally don't want to do anything until you have read every. Single. Word and then even that isn't enough that you hav
Mazmum
Feb 27, 2016 Mazmum rated it it was amazing
Book Review - Lost by D H Sidebottom & Ker Dukey - 5 Hauntingly wicked Stars

Ah the dark mistresses are back and this time we are racing through time with Winter as she searches for her missing sister Summer.

The girls didn’t have the greatest start to life. If I say their mother was a real piece of work, that would be a serious understatement. But Winter managed to get them both away and into a decent home. Winter is therefore distraught that with everything she did to protect her sister, she
Christine
Mar 20, 2016 Christine rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Had me gripped from the start to finish.
I need more of this type of book.
I guessed so wrong with who the baddie was!!!
Glad it turned out not to be who I thought it was.

ocdbookreader
Mar 29, 2016 ocdbookreader rated it it was ok
This book has a DARK/BDSM/THRILLER genre to it. If these things cause you triggers, this may not be the book for you.
I usually love every book I pick up from this author, but sadly, this one just didn't so it for me.
We have Winter, her sister Summer, she ends up kidnapped by a serial killer. Winter has been taking courses to become a detective, and quickly puts herself on the case.
She was just too much for me. She's one person who was taking on the world of everything dangerous that jumps in fro
  • Wicked Ways (Dark Hearts, #1)
  • Sinister Desires
  • Surrender (Devine #1)
  • The Starkest Truth (Breaking Insanity #2)
  • Saved by Her (Monster, #1)
  • Absolution
  • Just Breathe
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Monochrome My Madness (Colour Series #2)
  • Dirty Ugly Toy
  • Choices...
  • Chosen
  • Captive (New Life, #1)
  • Pieces Of One, Part 1 (The Dark Life Collection, #1)
  • Save Riley
My books all tend to be darker romance, edge of you seat, angst filled reads. My advice to my readers when starting one of my titles...prepare for the unexpected.

I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters growing up. We also used to put on performances by acting out stories. I wanted to become an actress from an early age so I cou
More about Ker Dukey...

“Who were you meeting?” I ask anxiously. “A boy, his name was Ryan.” She points at the screen and all of a sudden her messages begin disappearing right in front of my eyes.” 0 likes