Start by marking “Lost” as Want to Read:

Lost

We came from nothing and were given a second chance at life, and life was pretty good until it tipped on its axis and my world came tumbling down around me.

My Baby Sister is missing…
Stolen…
Lost…

I’ve never felt this helpless before now, the vacant hole inside me expanding with each passing second of not knowing where she is.
What’s she going through?
Is she hurt?
Suffering
242 pages
Published February 29th 2016

Jennifer Kyle
2.75 ~ 3 Stars

"All the warnings from education, from Mom and my big sister, Winter, and yet I still find myself here...Stolen...Lost."

A quest to find a missing sister leads the heroine, Winter encountering some very dangerous people.

"This wasn't me finding him, this was him, this was him allowing me to find him. What was his end game?"

There were a few scenes that didn't work for me: the random girl on campus with her proclamations and how about Cole's know how with blood play? A huge part of
warhawke
Lost is LIVE!
Amazon US |   UK  |  CA  |  AU

Genre: Dark Erotic Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Winter Kelly grew up in a horrific environment with her sister Summer. After being saved and brought to a new home, they flourished as an individual. Winter was well on her way to be in the Police force when Summer disappeared, urging her to do anything to find her sister back.

Cole Jennings was a young officer who helped the sisters during their earlier predicament. He came
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"by Ker Dukey & D.H. Sidebottom" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Lost
AUTHOR: Ker Dukey
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: 29th February, 2016

MY RATING

EDGY, GRITTY, SUSPENSEFUL, A GAME OF CAT & MOUSE

Now and then you just need to take a walk on the dark side and who better to do it with but the dark queen Ker Dukey..

WARNING
This book is Dark erotica.
This book contains abusive and sexual situations that some may fin
Ashleyjo

I loved the "Façade" books. It's hard to believe those and this book were written by the same people.

Welcome to...

description

The very first sentence of the book is butchered:

For the next six percent, nearly every sentence reads with errors like....

"They came but condemned it, apparently is
has toxic mold so will be out of bounds for a while."

"I was overprotective of Summer
CC

”4.5 Stars”

Summer Kelly, a happy teenager, is gone without a trace. There are no real clues, but her description fits the pattern of a local serial killer called the Angel Killer. Winter Kelly is Summer’s older sister who is a college student with aspirations of becoming a detective specializing in psychological profiling. As children, their lives were difficult and disturbing, but Winter absorbed all the darkness and protected Summer in every way possible way. Now that Summer is missing, Winter
Katie
4.5 we all have secrets stars

description

"I wanted you the moment I laid eyes on you at your parents. I've never wanted anything so much. You're a delicacy, Win, an exquisite creature that deserves to bleed pleasure"

Words cannot describe how much I loved this book! A romantic thriller unlike which I have read before! The suspenseful themes were SUPER creepy and the sex scenes were scorchingly hot!

So why not 5+++ stars? That ending. It felt a bit rushed and it left a lot of questions unanswered- such as (vi
Dusti Hanrahan
Feb 08, 2016 Dusti Hanrahan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual these fantastic authors gave me a high dose of mind fucking! I loved it BUT the end.. I mean.... ALL of that and then it's just over?! Wtf?! I was adrenaline stoked and fucking grasping for answers and then... The End... Ugh! I feel like my mind has been fucked -hard -but at the last minute they pulled out!

There was no need to read the blurb, these 2 authors are a "go-to" for me.... It's time to get back a little darkness in my life :)
Selene

I really liked certain elements of this story:

Multiple POVs ✔
Strong heroine ✔
Suspenseful ✔
Great action scenes ✔

This book started out great but somehow fell a bit short for me. While the heroine was busy extracting enough information to find her kidnapped sister, the hero seemed to be available mostly to provide back-up and be a willing guard dog. He was a detective and yet the police department's aspect surrounding the disappearance was fairly absent from the story. I wondered what he
Elfina Renee
Feb 27, 2016 Elfina Renee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
 photo Tied Man.gif
Sinister, dark, chilling and very disturbing, not for the feint of heart or those with triggers. How far would you go to save a child's life? Now imagine that child is your blood, your family and time is running out.
 photo Tied Man 5.gif
For me this was hard hitting because of human filth that targets children and sadly knowing these monsters are really out there. Ker Dukey did an amazing job bringing this heinous nightmare into reality with what happened to Summer! Five star dark read!
 photo Beaten.jpg
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbutton_zpscmjwohw3.jpg

ARC kindly provided by the authors in exchange for an honest review.

Wow. Dark, intense and haunting!!! I was not very familiar with the authors' work but I have to say that I was VERY pleasantly surprised by their collaboration. What an exciting and gritty ride!
Winter Kelly is a young woman, training to be a police officer. Her ambition is to specialize in investigative psychology. She is strong and determined and she has endured a lot since she was little.
Her sister and her were adopted and th
Di - Twisted Book Reviews
4.5 Stars!

Another sadistic, roller-coaster ride from this dynamic duo. Plug in your night light and enjoy.

Serial killers are their own kind of breed, not human but wear a human face to lure their prey.

D H Sidebottom and Ker Dukey have proven themselves yet again. You don't know where one starts and the other begins. It's been a game I like to play, who wrote what? Lost is no exception. A twisted games of cat and mouse, sadistic characters, and a story that will keep you on your toes. I loved ev
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 19, 2015 Philomena Callan Cheekypee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
When two greats minds join together they come up with one brilliant story. I opened my kindle to read a chapter or two before going to sleep. I didn't put my kindle down until I'd finished reading the whole story. I was literally gripped. That was two days ago and the book is still rolling around in my head. I'm now still struggling to put into words how brilliant this was. I doubt I'll be able to do it justice but I'll try.

Winter loves her sister Summer. When they were young they were adopted b
Romance Readers Retreat
Feb 18, 2016 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!!!!
Lost is amazing, suspenseful, twisty and dark and i loved every single minute, i couldn't get enough and inhaled it in one sitting.

Winter and Summer haven't been handed the best start to life until a second chance at life is given and grabbed with both hands.

Winter is travelling up to see Summer for her birthday when she gets there she greeted to police, her sister has vanished.

Winter takes it upon herself to investigate and get her sister back, she is soon reunited with a police office
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2016 Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon rated it really liked it

**** 4 Cranky stars ****
This was a freakishly dark and intriguing story by the queens of torture and darkness. I was literally sat on the corner of my couch pondering how these two keep coming up with new ways to twist my mind in two.

Winter and Summer had a rough and tragic start to life. Winter is now a college student; studying to be in the criminal justice field, when she gets the devastating news her little sister has gone missing.

Winter crosses paths with an old friend, Cole, who soon learn
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Oct 05, 2015 Charlie ✰ WLTB Blog ✰ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-must-read
ANOTHER FANTASTIC 5*****
Well I don’t even know where to start with this review I loved this book.
I love all the books that Dawn and Ker have wrote, but I am going to be totally honest This has to be my favourite to Date!

Both Winter and Summer came from nothing only to have a second chance at Life that is until Summer goes missing.

Winter feels helpless she starts investigating to try and find her,

The more she learns of her disappearance the more fear implants itself inside her heart.

Cole a police
honeypoppybooks
4.5 STARS

Ker and DH does it again for me! She always gets me engulfed in the story that I don't see the twist coming. I just wish the story was a bit longer. Other than that it was fast paced and suspenseful, it actually felt like I was watching a movie. Except I was reading it haha. I hope these two authors continue to write with each other in the future. They are the dark queens in my book. I would recommend this book
Timitra
Oct 23, 2016 Timitra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lost

Even though I figured out quite early on who had taken Summer it did not take away from my overall enjoyment of the book, in fact I really enjoyed it. What took away from my overall enjoyment was the wrong tense being used, words that were randomly dropped into sentences that made them make no sense and typos.
Danielle Harris
Oct 18, 2016 Danielle Harris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense ride

This is another fantastic book by Ker. This is definitely a dark ride you don't want to miss. I can't put into words how good this book was soi all I will say is pick this book up now!
♥ Dri ♥
Mar 10, 2016 ♥ Dri ♥ rated it it was amazing
4,5 Summer&Winter stars <3

ocdbookreader
Mar 29, 2016 ocdbookreader rated it it was ok
This book has a DARK/BDSM/THRILLER genre to it. If these things cause you triggers, this may not be the book for you.
I usually love every book I pick up from this author, but sadly, this one just didn't so it for me.
We have Winter, her sister Summer, she ends up kidnapped by a serial killer. Winter has been taking courses to become a detective, and quickly puts herself on the case.
She was just too much for me. She's one person who was taking on the world of everything dangerous that jumps in fro
Tricia Bartley (iScream Books)
Feb 21, 2016 Tricia Bartley (iScream Books) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
7:47 AM
speechless..just SPEECHLESS!!
b back later today to write my review for this fan-dam-tastic 5 star Dark read!!
OMG..these authors are soooo kick ass together!! *clap...clap....clap..BRAVO*

5:32 PM

Summer: "Summer has always been my favorite time of the year, my mother must have known when naming me that I would seek out the sun."

"I didn't see my life ending up here...."

And this is where this book begins. This is a story about two sisters that have had a very troubled, horrible life, then the
Expresso
Oct 06, 2015 Expresso rated it it was amazing
First and foremost....awesome cover! I absolutely love the cover! Second, awesome word flow. The flow of words are so poetic throughout this story. During a few scenes I found myself humming some badass tunes while reading!

Such pain in this story! Winter and her sister, Summer, survive the worst childhood imaginable, they are blessed with a few good years with their adoptive parents, and BOOM the tragedy resumes! Do you believe in fate? Do you believe fate is so cruel to allow one to survive un
Jillian
Jan 15, 2016 Jillian rated it it was amazing
These ladies have knocked it out of the park....again! This is a must read on the dark side!
I was up and pacing while reading this story, it's one that grabs you and doesn't let go. I could not put this down and always wanting to know what was going to happen next.
There is so much happening but always keeping you guessing, this poor poor sister duo and the life they have had truly will touch you. There are of course many hot scenes and also scenes full of heart.
Buckle up and enjoy the ride wi
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Lost by Ker Dukey and D. H. Sidebottom

5 + scary ass stars!
These authors always manage to keep me on the edge of my seat!
Very adult content!
Mind boggling. I can never guess where it's going to end up..
In other words, AWESOMESTUPENDOUSFANTASTIC!
When Winter's sister, Summer, goes missing, Winter will stop at NOTHING to find her.
The things she will do! The limits she goes to!
I felt her desperation, her helplessness. My heart had palpitations at the situations she put herself in.
Loved it. Love Ker
Christine
Oct 13, 2015 Christine rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Had me gripped from the start to finish.
I need more of this type of book.
I guessed so wrong with who the baddie was!!!
Glad it turned out not to be who I thought it was.

Ela
Mar 21, 2016 Ela rated it liked it
I would like to add this book may have more horror than dark aspects IMO...
Katie
I liked this book. It was wonderfully dark and twisted. It was an easy book to read and I was able to get through it quickly. I loved how it was told from multiple points of view of different, important players in the story. I love that in this author's books, what you read isn't always as it seems and this book is no exception. It makes them good books to read. As to the 'who done it?' of the story, I didn't work out who it was until Winter did. I liked that. There are clues throughout as to wh ...more
Blogging For The Love  Of Authors And Their Books
*****Kim's Review!*****

I received an ARC for my honest review.

I have read all of D.H Sidebottom and Ker Dukey's collaborations, and I have to admit that to me this is the best one yet!

Winter is in school to become a Police officer. When she finds that her younger sister Summer has gone missing all leads point to a serial killer the press have dubbed 'Angel'. Winter is a fiery hot headed woman with a lot of darkness in her past, and she sets out to find her sister and kill the notorious 'Angel'.
Heather R Callahan
Oct 05, 2015 Heather R Callahan rated it it was amazing
“A shudder shakes my chest as I forbid the sob its freedom, it belongs inside me where it can’t hurt, where it can’t feed the memories.”

Winter and Summer have the worst imaginable childhood. Their mother was a drug addicted whore who used Winter as her payment for her habits. One night the payment went too far, and Winter took matters into her own hands. Cole was a young detective who wanted to help Winter, so when she called that night he was there.

Seven years later life is perfect for Winter a
Crystal Solis
Jan 10, 2016 Crystal Solis rated it it was amazing

Lost was an amazing collaboration from two of my favorite authors. These women have such complex minds and are so in sync with each other that if they didn't have both of their names on the book you would never know that this was a collaboration of two literary geniuses. And let me tell you, Ker and Dawn just keep Getting better and better with each of their collaborations.
This book started out letting you know that something was very wrong with a preface that was eerie, and from there a very d
  • Wicked Ways (Dark Hearts, #1)
  • Sinister Desires
  • Surrender (Devine #1)
  • The Starkest Truth (Breaking Insanity #2)
  • Saved By Her, Monster #1
  • Absolution
  • Just Breathe
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Monochrome My Madness (Colour #2)
  • Dirty Ugly Toy
  • Choices...
  • Chosen
  • Captive (New Life, #1)
  • Pieces Of One, Part 1 (The Dark Life Collection, #1)
  • Save Riley

Ker Dukey, Is based in the UK, where she lives with her husband and small children and also their beloved Goldendoodle, Murphy (who has yet to discover he isn't, in fact, a human)

When she's not lost in the world of her characters or being Mum, Ker likes to read and catch up with her followers on social media.

My books all tend to be darker romance, an edge of your seat, angst-filled reads. My adv
More about Ker Dukey...

“How dark will you go until you find yourself?” 0 likes
“Who were you meeting?” I ask anxiously. “A boy, his name was Ryan.” She points at the screen and all of a sudden her messages begin disappearing right in front of my eyes.” 0 likes