Start by marking “Twenty One” as Want to Read:

(The Company #3)

This is a previously-published edition - ASIN: B0165XCG8Y

NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR Clarissa Wild brings you TWENTY-ONE (21), a new Dark Romance, which is a stand alone without cliffhanger.

21 years
On her 21st birthday she’s taken. Collected by a rich family as an unpaid debt. Her body sold. Her mind his.

21 weeks
For 21 weeks she carried a bu
Published October 3rd 2015 by Clarissa Wild

To ask other readers questions about Twenty One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twenty One

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataBully by Penelope DouglasBeautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenWallbanger by Alice Clayton
RARE17
170 books — 99 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningHim by Sarina Bowen
RARE20 EDINBURGH
704 books — 106 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Twenty One
Candace
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of dark, suspenseful romance
Fast-Paced, Dark And Twisted

When I first read the blurb for this book, I thought it sounded eerily familiar to a popular series by Pepper Winters and would be a knock-off of lesser quality. However, then I saw a friend's glowing review and decided to give it a shot. I'm glad to say that my initial impression could not have been more wrong! This book was fantastic!

From the first sentence onward, I could not put this book down. This story is gripping and suspenseful. I was on the edge of my seat r
'Q' aka CoCo
Jan 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Twenty one times I wanted to DNF...

Twenty one times I talked myself out of it...

Twenty one times the author uses the phrase "and yet." Both "and" and "yet" are coordinating conjunctions. This is like saying "or but" or even "and but." It's okay as a figure of speech every once in a while, but it's over and over and over again.

Twenty one times Sky's lady parts "thump." Her pussy "thumps." Her clit is "thumping." Am I the only one who finds this weird?

Okay, so really it's 35 times the phrase "and
Elfina Renee
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Twenty One was an insane, dark, disturbing read! Oh my gosh Clarissa Wild blew me away! Head trips, mind games, full on manipulation, yeah crazy! The majority of the story wasn't predictable and you really didn't have a clue as to what was going on until it got real, then it was all up in your face. The anti hero, villain was a real piece of work and I hated him. To me he had no redeeming qualities at all but I'm not going to tell you anymore because that would just ruin the plot. Highly...highl ...more
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was so intense. I loved it. And that amazing epilogue.. My God, I'm about to cry right now. Oh no, too late... Dammit. :-/

Olja
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Twenty-one took my breath away. That was dark, twisty, raw story. Sky is so stong and willful. She need to keep her secret safe. Angel is the dark angel who have to break her in 21 days. This story was not sweet, tender or romantic. There are scenes thar are disturbing and may make you flinch.
Amanda

This is my first book of Clarissa Wild and I must say I was pleasantly surprised that I ended up liking this book a lot. The first half of the book was a solid 4 stars for me, I love the suspense built up and dying to know the big secret. However, as I was not blow away by the revelation, I decided to drop my rating a little. But the story still has a kickass ending to not totally make me drop my rating to 3 stars.

Right from the first chapter, Angel DeLuca caught my attention. He seems
Snow

3.5 "smth missing in the dark" stars

Hmmm...

It was dark and intense and that part was excellent!!!

But i find myself having trouble with connecting to the characters...i didnt feel it, i mean there s a background set up for them, so there would be a basis to build the actual "connection" instead of captor/captive syndrom...cause well, the deeds in that area could not bring the sense to the characters bonding emoti
onally, therefore the background set!

But even with that, i wasnt convinced, it still
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is DARK, it may contain triggers for some.
It's also a stand alone.

In this book we have Sky. She's literally been betrayed at the worst time in her life by the only person she holds dear to her.
Then we have Angel (we met him for a brief moment in Killer). If you can remember him and what the family business is, then you know Sky is in for a bumpy ride.

There were parts and times in this story that I just didn't connect with Sky and what she has going on (or more likely doesn't) in her mi
Lea ★
Dark, intense and gritty.
I highly recommend it to all dark romance fans!
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
+++++ 4 Twisted Stars+++++
I am a huge fan of this author's work and even though this book is dark, it also has a lot of hope and emotions in it.
Angel has twenty one days to break Sky and get what his father wants from her.
He will use whatever means necessary in order to make her speak. Manipulation. Violence. Sex. But there is something different about her that he cannot place.
Sky knows that her time is up. But she will be strong. She will keep her secret safe. She won't give in.
But when attra
Nicole
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing

^5^ Big & Twisted stars

Once again the author delivered an absolute dark, twisted badass book!!
I'll leave the description as it is because is a killer-one and says it all.
21 years
On her 21st birthday she’s taken.Collected by a rich family as an unpaid debt. Her body sold. Her mind his.
21 weeks
For 21 weeks she carried a burden no girl should ever have to carry.
Now she loses her freedom to a man born to destroy her.

21 days
His name: Angel DeLuca. His mission: To break her in 21 day

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I'm currently going through a dark phase and when I asked a fellow avid reader for a recommendation, this is what I got. Not bad. There were several elements of this story that I liked, such as the existing connection between Angel and Sky (their names couldn't be more original), the contentious relationship between Angel and his father, the betrayal, the deceit, and ultimately what Sky is willing to sacrifice her life for.

I'm a fan of descriptive torture scenes. Not particularly gory but evocat
Athena
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
Firstly I LOVE dark reads but this was not a dark read with any rhyme or reason. Angel was an idiot and Sky was ok. I did not feel their connection at all. I found myself skimming through the whole book I honestly tried but I should of DNF'd the book. Their sex scenes were beyond silly how do you enjoy having sex with your captor from day one...where was the Stokholm Syndrome, the angst, the terror and the anger....other than my disappointment I didn't feel much...sorry. ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark, loved-it
Holy moly this has got to be my favourite of Clarissa Wilds so far. I sat to read a few pages and ended up reading it all in one sitting.

Sky is kidnapped and held captive. Angels job is to break her and get the information he needs. He doesn't realise how strong and determined she is.

Clarissa Wild has exceeded my expectations with this story. She blew my mind apart. I absolutely loved it.
If your like me and you love dark gritty romances then this is the book for you. Full of twists and turns
Linda
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sky finds herself abducted and held prisoner, to tell her secret. But she´s not going to, no matter what they´ll do.
Angel´s used to do anything to get his answers, and willing to go to any lengths, but this time he´s got his work cut out for him.
Little did either of them know the master plan behind the scene..
Dark, smutty and mysterious, just the way Clarissa Wild do best. Love it!
Do listen to the warning if you don´t like darkness. (view spoiler)
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
wow... Clarissa Wild is a very dark chicky!
She takes you on the journey of Sky... and how 21 weeks, days, hours, and minutes changes her life to some very extreme highs and lows. Her story is as twisted as it comes, all thanks to an Angel. An angel who is the son of the devil, or maybe he is just the devil.

There is so much in this story.. I just want to spill every little detail but I won't because Clarissa weaves a super intricate tangled web that you just have to experience for yourself! Be pr
Booker132
Nov 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF at 50%. Same old boring premise. Heroine thinks she's a tough cookie, but she's actually pretty naive. Hero thinks he's dark and hard but is a moron and quite weak/abusive in reality. And what is up with the heroine being horny all the time even though she is locked in a room with no clothes, no food and nothing but her miserable thoughts?? Shouldn't you be worrying about your life and the constant whipping that you get from the hero?? This book was boring, do not recommend. ...more
Τατιάνα Τζινιώλη
5 dark and totally twisted stars

EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
three stars

I was looking forward to reading Clarissa Wild's Twenty One and maybe because of that I was a little bit more diappoinnted as I would have been if I had read the book with neutral expectations.

There is one word that comes into my mind when I think about this book: indifference.

The setting and storyline of Twenty One are promising to be different than the usual ones. What could have the chance to differentiate this book from others of this sub-genre unfortunately falls flat.
Clarissa Wild’s repeti
Jezabell Girl

Another “killer” book by Clarissa Wild

Why do stories that are so full of wrongs just seem so right? How can such a deep routed romance be borne from torture and abuse? And why is Angel just so damn attractive despite being a cold-hearted killer? Why, because the beauty of the story is in Clarissa Wild’s writing.

I must admit that I was hesitant about reading this book. I questioned whether it would be too dark and too disturbing for me to enjoy but despite the theme and the acts portrayed, I fou
Amy
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Clarissa Wild
5 stars

This is a STANDALONE Dark Romance novel. WARNING: contains explicit situations, dubious consent, graphic violence, drug abuse, and other disturbing content.

Dear gawd this is another one of those sick reads just like Killer and Stalker.

My all time favorite though .. MR. X. Go grab those up and read those while you are waiting for this release on October 7th.
You all know there is something wrong with me. There has to be … I LOVE THIS STUFF. Not only do we have Angel
Halime   Yazıcı Mimaroğlu
what a torturous book is this! I almost died by curiosity and fear... he isnt saint he is the devil's himself. After those things he made her suffer you could think that everthing come to end!!! Nope not even a little bit... that end revealing Sky's most painful but at the sametime hopeful priceless thing! you will lost your mind. But I have to admit that it wasnt easy turn pages fastly not because story was boring and fluent, but because of content in the story you can imagine most torturous wa ...more
Bethany
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Clarissa Wild lives up to her name because you are always in for a WILD ride with her books. Her book warnings are no joke people, so prudes can just turn away now.

Now with that said, when I read I like to escape and it does not have to be in a field of green with hearts and flowers. No, sometimes I need suspense, thrills, craziness, and dirty sex that in real life would be a big hell to the no, but somehow it works. Clarissa makes dark and twisty work.

"My name might be Angel, but I'm far from a
Crystal Yawn
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First off, leave your morals and sense of right and wrong at the cover. This book is wickedly good, but sooooo wrong. My first thought was Clarissa kinda scares me a little, my second thought was no way should I enjoy this so much.
twenty-one snags you in from page one with a violence scale of 10. This is no everyday romance. Sky has a secret to keep at all cost, Angel is tasked with getting that secret out of her at all cost. The lengths gone to break Sky are beyond your imagination. but who wil
Brit
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog for an honest review from the author

Title: Twenty One (21)
Author: Clarissa Wild
Pages: 346
Genre: Dark Romance
Age Group: Adult
Release Date: October 3rd, 2015
Date Read: October 6th, 2015
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

This has to be my favorite novel of Clarissa Wild's. I've read two other novels before this one and let me say she has away with words. And she has a way to write dark romance novels. This novel exceeded my expectations of dark and suspenseful.

I
Christy McCurry
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc, erotica
5 Amazing Stars ....
Secrets, Seduction, Suspense, Surprises, Twenty-One has it all.
Clarissa Wild has once again taken us on one dark, and twisted ride.
The end was a shocker. I wasn’t sure where it was going but I didn’t see it coming. It does have a HEA of sorts. It's perfectly written. The story overall is excellent!!

It's Dark, It's HOT, It's Twisted.. Buy it.. Read it.. Devour it.. Love it..

Christy
Radical Reads Book Blog

Biate
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have to think hard not to spill all the secrets so all I will say is that in the end I will recommend this to everyone who enjoys a dark romance, manipulation, mind games and a HEA. Angel might seem like a Devil, but in the end he lived up to his name.
Littleone
Oct 07, 2015 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the first half of this book. Really dark right up my ally. But the second half became very unbelievable. It's only a 3 star for me ...more
Rochelle
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Felt like I started in the middle of a story I wasn't able to read the beginning of. Not much going on for me ...more
The Dark Newsletter.com
Me and my friend were looking forward to reading this book. It's the first of Clarissa Wild for me, and despite the slight diappointment, I will be reading more of her books.

Clarissa Wild’s repetitive wiring is owed to the fact that the reader is listening to a lot of internal monologue, pulling the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Cover Reveal 1 4 Aug 24, 2015 09:37AM

• Dirty Ugly Toy
  • Beauty's Daddy (Billionaire Daddies #1)
  • Smut
  • Castaway (Anything He Wants)
  • Ruin - Part One (Ruin, #1)
  • Atonement (Anything He Wants, #10)
  • Ruin - Part Three (Ruin, #3)
  • El Malo
  • El Diablo II
  • Jake Understood (Jake, #2)
  • Gemini
  • Only a Kiss (The Survivors' Club, #6)
  • Only Beloved (The Survivors' Club, #7)
  • Fleishman is in lockdown
  • If You Desire (MacCarrick Brothers, #2)
  • If You Dare (MacCarrick Brothers, #1)
  • If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3)
  • Thanks for the Memories
**NOTE FOR LIBRARIANS: please check with me before making any changes - I generally make all necessary changes and updates myself. :)**

--- I generally do NOT check my messages on Goodreads, so if you want to contact me, please do so on my website: https://www.clarissawild.com/contact --

Clarissa Wild is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author with ASD (Asperger's Syndrome), who was born and

The Company (5 books)
  • Mr. X
  • Stalker (Stalker, #1)
  • Ultimate Sin
  • Viktor

News & Interviews

“He is my captor. My lover. My tormenter.
He ruined me. My heart once belonged to him and now he’s come to claim it forever.
I thought I could handle the truth.
I was wrong.”