Start by marking “Jace (River Pack Wolves, #2)” as Want to Read:
Jace (River Pack Wolves, #2)

Jace

(Riverwise Private Security #2)

His wolf is out of control. She’s a wild thing that won’t be tamed.
Ex-Army Specialist Jace River has a lock on his bedroom door, but it’s not to keep anyone out; it’s to keep his nightmares from breaking loose. His wolf is an out-of-control killer, which means he can never risk shifting, never truly be part of his pack, and definitely never take a mate.

Piper Wilding wor
Published October 3rd 2015 by Sworn Secrets Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Jace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jace

Start your review of Jace (River Pack Wolves, #2)
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received for review

Great continuation from Jaxson's HEA ended. The search for Agent Smith continues.

Jace and Piper were just great. There's a whole lot of insta-lust and insta-love...I mean they've only known each other like "six minutes". Lots of action, suspense, and hot sex.

Now what's Jared's story? I wanna know more about Piper's brothers and Owen.
CC
Ok so this was good. At least a 3 or maybe even 3.5 stars. But I am at a total loss. Something happened at the end of the book that I found so disgusting that I am unsure if I should rate this book or just leave unrated.

For those interested (view spoiler)
Sammy Loves Books

description

Enjoying this series and it's ultimate bad guys! Sexy shifter Jace falls hard for a female that has sworn to never take a mate.

Piper's a ho that never sleeps with decent men and has never known a good man. She guards her heart until she meets Jace and can't resist the pull.

This series is full of action with sexy shifters. Also, these books should be read in order.
Bronwyn
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
SPOILERS!
Had been looking forward to this story but was really disappointed. Not with the actual plot, though it was a tad predictable, what WASN'T predictable was the bestiality scene near the end of the book!!!! I really wished I had read some reviews before purchasing. Totally ruined the whole book for me and seriously turned me off this author. I can't honestly give a higher review as I feel that strongly about it.
I understand books about shifters (and I've seriously read a lot) deal with a
Pam Nelson
I enjoyed this story; I knew going in Jace was probably going to be my favorite because I really liked him in the first book. His past tortures him and this book we see more of this but also we see him merge from the past. I love books like that.
Piper is a pretty strong female lead which I also love she knows what she wants and she isn’t going to let anyone stop her. She is on a mission to find her brother and nothing is going to stop her.

Their relationship progressed so nicely it wasn’t insta
Lola
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
The first book was good, but this one was even better. It had my attention from start to finish and I had so much fun reading about Jace and Piper. While this book features a new couple, we still get to see the characters from book one as well and this book continues the suspense plot line that was set-up in book one and will probably continue in the next one as well. I thought this worked really well and it gives the series a good sense of continuity even with the focus shifting to another coup ...more
Lorna
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars. (RabidReads.com)Second in the River Pack Wolves series, Jace is the story of Jace Rivers, a wolf shifter who’s wolf is out of control. Because of this, he tries to never shift due to the havoc that ensues when that happens. When Piper Wilding of the Wilding Wolf Pack sneaks into his mother’s estate and he catches her, both him and his wolf sit up and pays attention.

I first met Jace in book one, Jaxson, and become interested in him, as I was with all the brothers. I wanted to see how
Elaine
This continues the thrilling paranormal saga as the River Pack Wolves endeavour to search for Agent Smith and put an end to his abuse and experimentation on shifters….

Each story has centred on one of the three River brothers - this time it is Jace’s story. Jace was in the Army but nightmares from his final days in service mean he now has a lock on his bedroom door to keep him locked in, never risking shifting and determined never to take a mate and put them at risk from his killer wolf.

Piper Wil
Diane Lynch
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jace (River Pack Wolves #2) by Alisa Woods Piper Wilding is assisted by wolf shifter/Ex-Army Specialist, Jace River, in the mission to help find her missing brother.

Alisa Woods creates another worthy shapeshifter and exciting novel.

I really like Jace. He has not shifted into his wolf form because he fears losing control and hurting someone. He cares about others and is a good man. I like how his wolf is distinctive, setting him apart.

Piper is a fun heroine. She works in counterintelligence, m
Diane Lynch
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook

Alisa Woods creates another worthy shapeshifter and exciting novel.

Piper is a fun heroine. She works in counterintelligence, making her role in the story intriguing. Piper
Marythios (AkaSusanne )

Piper Wilding still works for the Army but is a civilian travelling the world in her role in counterintelligence. She’s more than happy to do this as it keeps her away from her pack and especially from her father. She is also determined never to take a mate after wh
Rosie Amber
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Jace is book two of the Riverwise Private Security paranormal romance series.

To get the most from this series I recommend reading them in order.

This is the story of Piper and Jace. Piper's younger brother has disappeared and she arrives at a shifter safehouse to ask for help. This coincides with rumours of disappearances of other shifters. Jace and the River pack of wolves vow to help Piper find Noah.

Another quick easy read hot romance
Lelee Dow
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think I love this book even more than the 1st book in the series 🤗 Jace is sooo freaking hot I love him & Piper together. Piper is such a bad ass yet still super sweet an Jace is like a big fine teddy bear hard on the outside but soft on the inside. I can't wait to finish off the series with book 3! ...more
Kayla
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So Jace is huge huh?

I think this may have been my favorite in this series. Piper is independent, fiesty and damaged. Jace is commanding, gentle, patient, sexy, huge and damaged. Did I mention that he is sexy and huge? Lol, totally excited about book 3!
Kevin
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I read the first book in this series a while ago. Here, we move on to brother number two. As is the case with most shifter books, it's all about finding your mate. The two main characters put aside their reservations and fall in love shockingly quickly. The villains and conspiracy are cartoonishly evil, and the heroes almost saintly. It's not all wrapped up at the end because then there wouldn't be a reason for the series to continue.
Typos: sentence fragment (...can you?" The Colonel demanded),
Esther Cotton
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Went too far, gross

Started out strong and intriguing... kinda trudged along, faltering major conflict and resolution. And then the author went too far and tied the edge f actual bestiality. That's when I stopped reading (around 92~93%) and now I'm not sure if I want to read anything else by her, for fear that she might continue this disturbing concept. Seriously, what the hell.

I give it 2 stars since the story was mildly interesting.
Caroline
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alisa-woods
5 "Literal bright white shooting stars."
Sharon
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I was excited for Jace's story and was so happy that he got his HEA. Sometimes bad things just happen to bad people and it truly is going on in this story.
Megan Riverina Romantics
Rating: 3.25/5
Heat Rating: 3/5

I think I would have given this a 4 if it weren't for the bestiality scene.
Karen Voitik
Dec 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
>Book Review – Jace

>I am an independent reviewer. This book is the second in the River Pack Wolves series and ends in an HEA. Jace is an army vet shifter who is afraid of his bear. He was told that his bear killed his army mates. Jace has no memory of the incident except through nightmares. Piper is an undercover government operative shifter looking for her missing brother. This plot of a governmental group stealing and experimenting on shifters is continued in this story. Jaxson and Olivia for
Karin
River Pack Wolves Book Two

When Piper Wilding shows up at the River Pack's safe house claiming that her brother, Noah, is missing, Jace immediately signs on to help rescue the other wolf. However, Piper's other brother, Daniel, isn't convinced. Piper knows she cannot wait on men to make a decision regarding her brother's life, so she steals Daniel's clearance pass and sneaks onto the military base to find answers. Daniel and Jace come to the rescue, but an old enemy makes an appearance and now Ja
Erika
Another story of the River Pack wolves, this time is about the baby brother, Jace. He has issues with his wolf, and has no desire to have a mate, but then Piper arrives, and everything changes. I liked that the arrival of Daniel's sister helps to advance the story and brings the closer to resolve the mystery of the missing shifters, and I liked the characters, their issues and their struggles to get closer.

When we finally learn about Jace's past, and we get to learn more about the shifter conspi
Charity
This is book 2 in the River Pack Wolves Series, Jace and Piper's story. I recommend reading book 1 first because there are a lot of details in this book that built upon events in the first book.

This story had good and bad things going on which landed me with a dead on 3 star rating. The good- Jace and how caring he is, Piper and how strong she is to have endured her life. The sex between them is hot (for the most part). The government story line was good, but there are beginning to be some whol
Jamoz23
May 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Angela Whitmore
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jace

This is book 2 in a series of 3, and although it isn't absolutely necessary to the first book, Jaxson, it would make this one much more enjoyable if you have read it.
This story takes p!ace immediately after the first, and continues the adventures of the Rivers and Wildings, two packs of wolf shifters in the Seattle area.
Jace River can't shift into his wolf or take a mate, and Piper Wilding doesn't want a mate. But Piper's brother is missing and it looks like it's the same bad guys that were
Terry Sasada
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the series, and it was awesome. The author, Alisa Woods just keeps it exciting and enough secrets that you just can not stop reading. The main love interests are Jace, wolf shifter and ex military that believes his wolf is a killer and can not be trusted. Along comes Piper, a crazy, strong willed wolf that isn't sure if she wants his help or not. But she needs his help. Their journey brings them together and they need each other to heal past scars and to rescue other shifters ...more
Tabi Ann
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Story

This books takes you on a journey of two people who believe that they will never be able to have a mate, but they both want the other to find their mate. Two people who have big hearts and fall in love with each other, but don't think they can be together. Reading this book you can feel their individual pain and suffering and then you can feel the love between them.

Not sure I like the idea of human and wolf intimacy, but I can see from both sides of the story.

Until Next Time... Ta
pam laporte
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot and steamy but with a story

I don't like shifter books that are just one dead space after another. This series is not but with a good story line. Pipers brother disappeared and she tries to find him. She breaks into have rivers safe house to talk to her older brother but gets caught by jace. He has a secret that winter him take a mate and she never wants to have a mate.
Shifters are missing from the military too. Good story and getting ready to read about the third brother

Manda
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thriller romance
I bought this accidently before the first in the series so of course I quickly bought the first to catch up.

Jace thinks that he’s a killer when the opposite is true with the introduction of Piper Wilding they set out to get the truth of her missing brother and discover a lot more than either of them imagined.
Experiments on shifters and disappearances of other shifters leave this book a thriller as well as a romance.
This is also an introduction into the wilding pack another off sh
Leeann Pule
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Taming the monster

Jace has always thought he was a monster. After an incident in the army Jace believes his wolf to be uncontrollable. For years he has denied shifting into his wolf form and has been able to control it. That is until he meets Piper, and feels a pull to her unlike anything he has felt before. Not only is there a need for him to protect her, but a need to claim her. Now only time will tell if his wolf is really the devil or if everything he has known was a ruse.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Not Dead Enough (Project Rebellion, #3)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack Book 1)
  • Blood Mate (Project Rebellion, #2)
  • Bear Essentials (Shifter Town #4)
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Wolf Down (Shifter Town, #3)
  • Fugitive Mate (Silverlake Shifters, #1)
  • Caging Ash (Shifter Town, #2)
  • Bear Temptation (Shifter Town #1)
  • Jax (Immortals of New Orleans, #7)
  • Hannah's Warrior (Cosmos' Gateway, #2)
  • Tattered Loyalties (Talon Pack, #1)
  • Obsessed with the Alpha Wolf (Firefighter Wolves Shifters, #1)
  • Loyal Dragon Shifter (Return of the Dragons, #0.5)
  • Tansy's Titan (Cosmos' Gateway, #3)
  • Tempted By the Pack (Blue Moon Brides, #1)
  • All Roar and No Bite (Grayslake, #2)
  • Love at First Roar (Grayslake, #4)
Alisa Woods, Paranormal Romance Author

GET A FREE STORY: http://smarturl.it/AlisaNewsletter

Reading Order:
Dot Com Wolves (formerly Shifters in Seattle)
Claiming Mia (Book 1)
Saving Arianna (Book 2)
A Christmas Wish (Book 3)

Riverwise Private Security

Wild Heat (Book 3)
Wild One (Book 4)
Wild Fire (Book 5)
Wild

Riverwise Private Security (3 books)
  • Jaxson (Riverwise Private Security, #1)
  • Jared (Riverwise Private Security, #3)