Start by marking “A Rake's Reward (Merry Men Quartet #2)” as Want to Read:
A Rake's Reward (Merry Men Quartet #2)

A Rake's Reward (Merry Men Quartet #2)

A treasure lost…
American Sara Whately came to England with a single goal: recover a long-lost family treasure. Her father had long ago renounced his title and abandoned his country, but desperate financial straits call for desperate measures. Gaining access won’t be easy. The jewels are hidden on an estate Sara’s grandfather lost long ago in an unlucky turn of the cards.
Published October 1st 2015 by Anessa Books

To ask other readers questions about A Rake's Reward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rake's Reward

Start your review of A Rake's Reward (Merry Men Quartet #2)
Betsy
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Quick, light read perfect for a morning on the couch with a summer cold. A few too many alliterations using viscount for my taste, but it was exactly the type of read I was looking for at the time. Happy ending and all.
Maria Burgos
Dec 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Not thrilled

The story was going great and then it ended. I mean it abruptly ended and it was lovely, I am sadden that it was a poor ending.
Linda Rutland
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful book. Imagine an American coming to England for her "season". Quite a duck out of water. All those rules and imagine being born with a silver spoon and claiming authority on that alone. Poor Sara was ill equipped for the Ton and was in constant need of rescue. It was a great read and I loved the characters. Seeing a long ago hidden treasure was a neat addition. My first read by this author. I'll be reading others.
Sharon Dubuque
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just loved it!

I think that a story with ups and downs, and where day to day you don’t know what’s going to happen is a more realistic story. It is full of surprises and love. I just love your stories.
Nancy Messina
Jul 21, 2020 rated it liked it
This was another cute story but not very realistic. Sara seemed really naive and did all sorts of things that that felt off.
Kathy
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Clean, enjoyable read..

I very much enjoyed a historical romance that was, firstly, in keeping with the time period. The Americans were moving towards the war for Independence and given our heroine had essentially run not only her own life, but her father's as well, including managing a home and finances, following the death of her mother at the age of 8, add this to the fact that many colonists, even women, were more outspoken than their English counterparts, her behaviors- though a bit over the
Alice
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable sweet Regency Romance

The Viscount is trying to restore his honor and return an estate that he won at cards to the original owner. But they seem to have gone to America and vanished. At the same time a young American woman has arrived in England to make her debut. She's not impressed with lordly titles. Of course it's inevitable that they meet.

Very nice although it's never explained about the problems between the two families. Everything is hinted at but not really revealed. A swee
Kathy
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Sara came to England because her aunt wanted to give her a season. Sara wanted to find the treasure that she was sure was hidden in her family's former home. Viscount Reath wanted to find Lord Wynsham so he could return the family estate. Even though he had won it fairly in a card game he felt he should not accept it. He felt the former Lord Wynsham should not have bet something he wasn't prepared to lose. He wanted to talk to the current Lord Wynsham's sister, Lady Darlington to find out where ...more
Flatenchilada
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Highs and lows........

There were good things in this little novel and parts were well written but it was often jerky and needed development. I was especially disappointed with the abrupt ending.
Was it labeled "clean"? If so, I missed that. It was too clean for me. There were only two kisses and those were in the last 4% of the book. Sadly, the first kiss bordered on erotic which was completely out of place in a book that intentionally avoided passion before that point. I can see how someone who
Jeene Hobbs
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Non-courting courtship of misinformation

This author obviously likes alliteration: vexing, villainous, valiant, virile, vain, vexatious all paired with viscount. A delightful story filled with unexpected encounters and obfuscation.

The first Regency that I have read to make use of Beau Brummell as a secondary character.

“I am afraid you are mistaken, Miss Compton. I am not currently looking to marry.” The young lady giggled again. “I have never heard of a gentleman who was, and yet they do so a
Patricia Schuette
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Rake's Reward (Merry Men Quartet Book 2)

This is a sweet story about a young lady who arrives from America planning to find a treasure on the estate her grandfather lost in a card game. She stays with her aunt who tries to teach her the different ways between American ideals and those in England.
Marie Fisk
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Rake's Reward

I really enjoyed the characters and the story, I loved that their was not explicit sex. The characters were believable and entering. I look forward to reading more of the series and I loved that the stories are stand alone books.. And you
Sandra G. Coffey
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very good!

The book was a really good read. I enjoyed the character Sara, she definitely kept interesting. A good quick read. I would be interested in knowing the true relationship between Aunt Deanna and Lord Alton.
Jacqueline Driggers
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good book. Has some editing errors. Liked the story a lot. The ending could have been more satisfying.
Victoria
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Moonshadow
Aug 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Could not force myself to finish.
Fairyposs
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
An ok read. The author's voice didn't really appeal to me.
Jeanne Johnston
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Harmless afternoon read with the expected ending. Maybe worth another star because the author made the effort for a book that's part of a series to be able to stand on its own.
Susan Asch-luna
Jan 08, 2016
Dorothy
Aug 06, 2016

• Lady by Chance
  • Once Upon a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas, #1)
  • A Taste of Seduction (An Unlikely Husband #1)
  • Scandalous Virtue (The Saint of Seven Dials #0)
  • December Heart (The Silver Foxes of Westminster, #1)
  • My Fair Lily (Farthingale #1)
  • Weaver's Needle
  • The Duchess in His Bed (Sins for All Seasons, #4)
  • Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2)
  • Wildflowers to Heal an Amish Heart
  • Faith: Amish Romance (Amish Buggy Horse Book #1)
  • Texas Wide Open (Texas Fever, #1)
  • Hunting for a Highlander (Highland Brides, #8)
  • Ivy's Lamb
  • The Duchess and the Cowboy (A Denim and Lace Victorian Western Romance, #1)
  • The Lady's Slipper (Westmorland, #1)
  • Love on the Prairie (McKinnie Mail Order Brides #1)
  • The Treasure Bride (Gold Coast Brides #1)
Meredith Bond's books straddle that beautiful line between historical romance and fantasy. An award-winning author, she writes fun traditional Regency romances, medieval Arthurian romances, and Regency romances with a touch of magic. Known for her characters “who slip readily into one’s heart,” Meredith loves to take her readers on a journey they won't soon forget. She is currently living in Europ ...more