Start by marking “Hope Is Lost (Men Of Ocean Beach, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hope Is Lost (Men Of Ocean Beach, #2)

Hope Is Lost

(Men of Ocean Beach #2)

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
-Jimi Hendrix

Keanu Lee, the funny man, finds himself on the sticky end of a night out with his best friend Levi. Keanu's life is about to take another unexpected, sharp turn. New friends will be found under the most unique circumstances.

Hope Walker is a lost soul, and Ajax,

To ask other readers questions about Hope Is Lost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope Is Lost

Start your review of Hope Is Lost (Men Of Ocean Beach, #2)
Sylvie Rochon
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope and Keanu

Wow, I'm amazed by this author and her ability to write a multi-charactered story so well. It is poignant funny, suspenseful, and full of twists. It's about second and third chances, resilience, unconditional love and friendship, loss and hope!
Coco.V
Jan 17, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/17/2019)! 🎁
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
In A Little Faith, I knew James was promising something special with this series. In Hope is Lost, she made good on that promise. She's hit her stride and the story, with it's multiple alternating POVs, flows seamlessly.

Hope is Lost focuses primarily on Keanu. After suffering yet another close call with death, he finds himself in a position to offer three individuals their own second chance at life -- or at least a better one.

Things also heated up on the romantic front for Keanu and
Novels On The Run
Loved this book!
Love the whole concept of the series.
Multiple povs which captured my attention.
I love the Men of Ocean Beach!!!
Can't wait for more.

Full review to come.
Lee-anna Dunk
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emma james

Wow girl you really know how to give a girl the feels. I had so many emotions going through me at one point i thought menopause had finely kicked in . Emma you are truely a phenomenal author , your talent for setting a story and keeping it so that the reader is fully engrossed in the lives of these fictional character's only highlights the talent that you have of being one of the best story tellers ive ever read . You make the reader want to know more about each and every character an
Christina White
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It doesn't stop getting better.

Just when you think nothing else is gonna happen.. bamm there it is. I can't stop reading, well on to the next one I go. Emma james you are truly fabulous.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Katrina
Sep 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope is Lost is certainly another well delivered story in this series .. It hit my kindle and I had it devoured within the day ..

In Hope is Lost we see the complexities of the burdens of guilt . Scars buried deep within the characters not only visible but hidden within - the cementing of friendships that not only grow with each story but she'd more light and which binds them together .

Emma James has a way with words, she brings out the depth and definition with each character by giving us each
Jenni Crawford
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am giving this review on behalf of Kats Book Promotions/ Katsindiebookblog. What really caught my attention first with this book is that there are a handful of characters. Normally that leads to a lot of clutter and confusion but Emma definitely knows what she's doing. Each character plays their role perfectly, and you get to see how each of them think, their insight of each situation.
The brotherhood, or as I put it; a big family, are still battling their scars from their past. Some taking it
ByoBook Club
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Emma James has managed to create a story that touches the heart. The boys are back in another book about brotherhood and love. This story evolves around Keanu but there is no shortage of other voices in this book. I was happy about the introductions of Hope, Slade, Phoenix, Holland, & Ajax. Everyone in this book gives their heart and emotions leap of the pages everywhere. Still facing the demons of their past the boys move to push forward in their lives even bringing women into th ...more
Erin
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book from Ocean Beach and I loved the way the story flowed on from book 1 A Little Faith
The storyline again flowed well between the many Point of Views. You never get lost on who's pov it is. Emma has a way to her writing that makes you think you are right there in the head of the character. This time we had a couple new pov and we meet Hope and Ajax. A couple of homeless people. Their story from their pov is touching. I'm looking forward to the next installment Joy Is Found
Caryl Casanova
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Faith restored in humanity. This book will give you hope. I had such an enlightening journey while reading. And the friendship bond is none like others! They really have each others back and it made embrace the pay-it forward thinking. I just love how Emma James write! I love this book so much!
Gillian
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this series just gets better and better I love it
Teri
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Keanu's case hope isn't just an emotion it's the beautiful girl who saved his life. Yeah it's a good story and that's about the only deets I will give on that. Keanu covers his emotions being the jokester of the group. These guys have been through hell and are still reeling from the loss, and let me just say Chance isn't the only loss. There's no way to talk about one without talking about them all and the author does just that. As the team helps Keanu through his recovery and helps the addit ...more
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This review was originally posted to Jen in Bookland

I have been waiting what feels like forever for Hope is Lost to come out and it is finally here! Please note Hope is Lost is the second book in a series. These are not stand alone books. You need to read A Little Faith before you start this book or you will be lost. Besides A Little Faith was a great read so why would you want to skip that? Alright, now that that is out of the way on to my review.

Hope is Lost w
Carey Fletcher
I absolutely love this series! The characters are so well-written that you can't help but fall in love with each of them. This book brings some romance into the lives of a few characters. There's one really sensual sex scene that I just loved. You will want to pick up the next book right away because this one ends on a bit of a cliffhanger - not a huge one. I know that I will be reading it this weekend!
Gwen Shafer
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

Picked up right from the first one .. The boys and Faith are still dealing with things and trying to figure out life. I absolutely love these characters together and seperate. This has been a great story line. Well written and enjoyable. Pulls at the heart strings. Left me once again at a cliff hanging but definitely has me wanting to read the next one. Great series so far.
Amber Khan
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It sucks you in

The people in this story are so believable and you just can't wait to get more of them. There is so much going on with each one and it's a multi-viewpoint novel that is so easy to keep up with.
I am typically not a fan of cliffhangers but this already has you coming back for more anyhow. Can't wait to see what's in store for them next.
Robyn Corcoran
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Emma shows great depth of character in her descriptions. The story is interwoven with romance and intrigue.
The storyline continues for different characters making it a true serial, the reader is left dying to know what is going to happen, what twists will come up as well.
A fantastic second book!
Sallie Page
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying these books, they way they are written is just so refreshing for a series, watching the characters deal with what they are dealing with from the past and what is happening now.
Donna Campbell-Thompson
Awesome!

Completely in love with these books! Sucks you in from the first page and doesn't let you go. I absolutely love all the characters in this book and can't wait for more!!
Amy
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continuing to blow me away

I absolutely love this series and new character additions add to the intrigue. I love cliffhangers because it leaves you ready for more.
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
Blog Banner photo banner2_zps0a9ef8c3.jpg
SBJ2015Favorite

*** 6 Star Review ***
Hope Is Lost by Emma James is the second book in the phenomenal Men of Ocean Beach Series. Once again Emma James delivered a poignant touching story that adds a few more layers to the epic ongoing story of the Men of Ocean Beach.

Hope Is Lost should not be read as a stand alone novel. The series should be read in order to experience this emotional story.

Hope Is Lost picks up where A Little Faith left off. Another revelation has been made that sent Faith into a whirlwind and left the guys dealing wit
Books Laid Bare
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The continuation of the fabulous Ocean Beach Series and is every bit as glorious as the first book A Little Faith was.

We are able to catch up with all the main protagonists from the first book and we are skilfully introduced to some new ones. The relationship between the characters is absolutely the key to the story and it is written without fault. Each and every one of them is integral to the flow of the book and each of them makes your heart beat just that little bit fast because w
Sam
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so freaking glad I was able to jump straight into this beautiful story immediately after finishing A Little Faith. But still so mad and want to kick myself repeatedly for not reading them sooner.
This book held so much beauty and I honestly am still lost for words, but I sure as hell am going to try and write this review. The songs that inspired the author when she wrote the book is such a pivotal part of the reading too. I can't listen to Shelter by Birdy without sobbing my heart out and th
Karen Lee
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Hope is Lost is the second book in this series. A Little Faith is the first book and introduces you to all the characters. Although I would say it is not necessary to read the first book, it was so well written and introduces you to everyone and a unique plot, that I highly recommend it. The 5 star read will help you understand the guys current struggles, that all stem from a horrible night six years before.
Each book seems to have a central character, with the rest rounding out the story. This
Tanya
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just like my review of the first book in the Men of Ocean Beach Series this too will be a little vague because I can't share everything. You have to experience it for yourself. Note that these books have multiple POV and this is what makes them so special and great. The first book consisted with a lot of explaining and detail and Retro. Now this one focuses on Keanu. Oh Keanu you make my heart beat! He is one of my favorites but I love them all. Keanu has a personality that is absolutely amazing ...more
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
The gang is back! Faith, Harley, Text (Jase), Keanu, Levi, Retro and newly added Birdie, Holland, Slade, Phoenix, Ajax and Hope all give us a run for our money. These guys never have a dull moment. Whether it's Faith fighting feelings for brothers, Harley and Text, or Retro and his new/old flame Birdie, something is always up with these kids. Faith first met Ajax and Hope when she was photographing people on the beach. Ajax and Hope are homeless, and not about to let anyone give them handouts. ...more
Jaime
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hope is Lost is the second book in the series.
What I love about this series is everyone is involved.
We get to see the point of view from all the characters that we have grown to love and wish we were friends with.
This story is more focused on funny man Keanu.
He uses humor to deflect and avoid emotions most of the time.
Keanu is mugged, beaten withing an inch of his life.
He was left for dead by the mugger who was just a scared kid.
He is laying there when two homeless people stumble upo
Lena Dublin
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting for this book to be released and it was SO worth the wait. It was so nice to be back in Ocean Beach. The same cast of characters is in this book as the last with the addition of a few new ones. We still get the great multi-point-of-view as we did in the last book and it was again well done. This book focuses more on Keanu and Hope. Keanu is the jokester of the crew. Characters that are overly humorous are usually the most emotionally damaged but in this case, it wasn’t true. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Delivered (The Devil's Duet, #2)
  • Depraved   (The Devil's Duet, #1)
  • I Will Not Beg (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #9)
  • CONVICT: A Dark Romance (Sin City Salvation Book 2)
  • Irrepairable (Pinnacle Heirs Book 1)
  • The Bratva's Baby (Wicked Doms #1)
  • Chandler (Fixed, #5)
  • Sins Duet (Sins Duet, #1-2)
  • War of Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded, #2)
  • Girl on the Edge
  • His City Girl
  • My Doctor's Secret Baby (His Secret Baby, #6)
  • From The Inferno (Firemen Do It Better Book 3)
  • Fever
  • Perfect Chemistry (Kinky Chronicles, #1)
  • Holding Her Hero
  • Out of the Flames: Firemen Do It Better
  • Just One Kiss (Oh Tequila, #4)
Emma James is the author of the completed Hell's Bastard series, a jaw-dropping, highly addictive, unpredictable, sexy, and very twisted dark suspense/thriller series and also the much-loved Men of Ocean Beach series.

Emma writes in multi-genre and loves to keep the reader guessing with all the twists and turns found in her stories. Always expect the unexpected.

One consistent thing wit

Men of Ocean Beach (5 books)
  • A Little Faith (Men Of Ocean Beach, #1)
  • Joy Is Found (Men Of Ocean Beach, #3)
  • Will To Protect (Men Of Ocean Beach, #4)
  • Chance For Freedom (Men Of Ocean Beach, #5)