Start by marking “Bis In Den Tod (In Death, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bis In Den Tod (In Death, #4)

Bis In Den Tod (In Death #4)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  33,230 Ratings  ·  1,196 Reviews
Sie alle sterben mit einem Lächeln im Gesicht. Doch die offensichtlichen Selbstmorde erwecken Zweifel in der gewieften Polizeibeamtin Eve Dallas. Durch ihre hartnäckigen Recherchen stößt sie auf ein geheimnisvolles virtuelles Spiel, das in einer der Firmen ihres angeblich unwissenden Ehemannes Roarke hergestellt wird und das die Welt unterwerfen soll. Unversehens wird Eve ...more
Published November 1st 2002 by Blanvalet (first published October 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Bis In Den Tod, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bis In Den Tod

Val ⚓️ ShamelessBitchySKANKY ⚓️ Steamy Reads
4 Eve n' Roarke Stars

I just fucking love these two.

That's all there is to it.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“I'm sorry. It's hard for me. I do love you," she said quietly. "Sometimes it scares me because you're the first. And the only"
He held her there until he was sure he could speak, then eased her back, looked into her eyes "You've changed my life. Become my life." He touched his lips to hers, let the kiss deepen slowly, silkily. "I need you”

I fucking love Roarke.

“She raised her eyes to his. They had both come from misery, she thought, and survived it. They had been drawn together through viole
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Normally I'm not very much into Mystery/Crime books and when I first discovered this series I thought, HOLY SHIT there are more than 40 books in series! Am I ready for this or should I say Am I crazy to start to read them? How will I finish them? UGH!!! But then I jumped right into the 1st book and BOOM! After I finish that book I thought WOW What a fucking amazing story is this!!! I absolutely loved the 1st book. Eve and Roarke really, really turned my world upside down. Their c
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I'm bummed I don't have the time to do a proper review but just know that the love continues. This one was a good as the last.

I love Roarke. ❤

I love Eve. ❤

Another fantastic addition to this series!!

Aisling Zena
5 stars

Another flawless read by J.D.Robb aka Nora Roberts. The writing is superb, the world is perfection (though I tend to think of it as an alternate reality instead of in the future) and the characters are amazing. Literally kicking myself for not picking this series up sooner.

P.S. If Eve and Roarke aren't still together by book 42 I'm so pitching a hissy fit to end all fits!

Duchess Nicole
I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!!!

I was afraid that the romance of the series would slow down now that Eve and Roarke are permanent, but that was sooooooo not the case!!!! If anything, there was an extra dynamic between them that was almost missing before. I suppose it mirrors real life in a way. Marriage is only the beginning of a crazy ass ride. There are higher highs and lower lows than you even knew existed.

Alex ♈
Suspense 5 stars / Romance 3 stars

I probably sound like a broken record, but the sharp brilliant mind of Eve (= author) impresses and excites me.

I’m in love with Eve’s mind.
Nora Roberts’s true fan forever!

Mystery and crime in this instalment was captivating: behavioural pattern, stimulating of human brain – incredible deep and clever written. I’m addicted.
I made a joke in my 1st review how many books this series has, now I mourn (in advance) that there could never be enough.

The romance.
As a m
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, romance
Another set of murders in future-world (not Australia). This time it is in the form of people committing suicide after using a virtual reality program. Eve is on the case, so that means she will totally harass and chase down the wrong person for a while and then somehow get lucky and find the right one - usually after they try to kill her and confess their evil plans first. Still, I like these books. I've only guessed the killers early in two of the four books I've read so far. That's pretty imp ...more
Gary Sundell
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series entry, but again I had the killer pegged partway into book. However, part of the fun of these books is the byplay between the characters. I'm sure I'll get to books 5 and further in 2017.
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
!4,5 stars!

This is just getting better and better. With each book we delve deeper and deeper into miasma of human nature. And also deeper into Eve's character. I love how she opens up more now. It's night and day compared to the first book, where she was cold and stoic and closed up like a turtle in her shell. Now she's more of a human being and it's all thanks to Roarke. God bless him!

The case of the week is a string of what looks like suicides. The first on rudely interrupting Eve and Roarke o
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many years since I read this and I had totally forgotten how brilliant it is! It all came back to me as I was reading that this was the book where I originally fell in love with the series. All the comedy between Peabody and Eve - J.D. Robb is SO good at writing dialogue. And all the love between Roarke and Eve - she is also SO good at writing romance:) The last few pages where Eve has that awful panic - tissues please! Oh and Feeney and Galahad and Mira and Mavis and everyone else.
So very, v
Lieutenant Eve Dallas was off-planet with her new husband Roarke for the last few days of their honeymoon when Eve was called to a suicide as the only cop on the scene. But it was when they arrived back in New York and Eve was well and truly back in the job that first one, then another suicide hit the alarm bells for Eve. There was nothing to indicate these were anything other than self-termination, but Eve’s cop instincts were jangling…

Was it just paranoia on Eve’s part? Or was there something
Honestly, I may not love them, but these books are so fucking addictive. This was vastly better than the others, though. I think. I might even review it.

Oh, and I know I've been reading smut lately; I'll catch up on the good stuff tomorrow. Because, exams.
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Still great but lucked some of the spark of the first 3!

Review to come... maybe!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View on Under the Covers

Starting off with a sexy pic of Roarke again...because I can.

RAPTURE IN DEATH is by far my favourite of the entire series and that’s quite a statement since I loved all the books leading up to this one. There was just something about this book that lured me in from the get-go. In this one, Eve Dallas is happy for a change. This is not to say that she was morbid and depressing in the previous books, but there’s this spark within her that I noticed right away. She’s a w
3.5 stars rounded up to 4 stars.

Another NICE installment of ‘J.D Robb's In death’ series.

I Love all the characters from the series, no doubt about it. But some of the things just don’t feel right.

*Is it necessary that all the girls Roarke was involved somehow they also had to involve with these crimes too.
*Every time talking about Roarke’s previous sexual partner was also mood ruining.
*And I didn’t like the scene Eve with the VR also. It was disappointing.
*The scene at Mavis party ... I know
Al *the serial series skipper*
Another good one but once again I was able to guess who the killer was earlier on than I expected. I love a good mystery, I don't like to know the killer until atleast close to the end. I hope the next one is more suspenseful.
2.5 Stars

Love all the scenes with Roarke and Eve and the deepening of their bond. Though, I do wish Eve would give just a little more affection and acknowledgement to Roarke. Peabody and Feeny are as always a great support team, and Peabody just cracks me up!

This is the second time in a row where I guessed the killer very early on and it's a little frustrating to go through the whole book with Eve (view spoiler)
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS time I actually had the murderer pegged early on (yeah me)! Even so, I enjoyed exploring with Eve the influence of nature and nurture, the boundaries of individuality, and the expression of freedom of choice.
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great instalment of the In Death series with Eve & Rourke. Four down, Thirty something more to go :)

Eve keeps getting questioned about her honeymoon; Mavis is recording a studio album; Roarke is handing away orgasms like nobody’s business and four people with nothing in common are DEAD.

The mystery is the most predictable mystery to end all predictable mysteries since that Cold Case episode where the Butler did it.

Roarke is the most fictional romantic leading man ever written, and I know you guys love him for that but I just can't get over it.

Eve rocks as a character, but even she couldn't sav
Ann Lou
What I love:

- Eve and Peabody's banter (freaking funny)
- Eve and Roarke's moments (sweeeet)
- Feeney (genuis!)
- Mavis (adorable)
- I basically love all the characters in this series.

What I didn't so love:

- I love and understand Eve's job. She has to investigate and interrogate suspects. She follows her gut feeling but sometimes I feel like her method is too much (but don't listen to me, don't know anything about investigating).
- The VR thing. kind of disappointed in that. I know, it's not real BU
Good book in the In Death series. I always enjoy seeing more of Roarke and I love when he calls his wife "My Darling Eve". I was a little shocked at what Roarke did in one of the scenes but it wasn't his fault. Very good book!
Irene Sim
This one was a little slow for me to invest in the story, but after the middle it flowed effortlessly.
I just love all the characters and the mystery was very well planned out.
Alex Cantone
”Our genetic code is stamped on us from the moment of conception. It can be altered to a certain extent, but the basis of what we are remains. Nothing can change it.”

It’s 2058 and newlyweds Lieutenant Eve Dallas of NYPSD and uber-rich Roarke are honeymooning off planet when a brilliant young engineer takes his life (self-termination). Eve assesses the body and wonders what set him off. On return to New York a high-profile defence lawyer and a Senator also “suicide” and Eve discovers a link: sca
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay. So. This is the fourth In Death book. I still absolutely love the series but this one just didn't appeal to me as much as the previous three. Sure, it had its funny parts but I still thought it was a tad bit boring. Which really pisses me off! I just thought that it was really slow, and there were lots of random cases (for example the bombing at the bank) that seemed unnecessary to the story. I guess, all in all, they weren't unnecessary, but they seemed a little bit like filler sections a ...more
Rapture in Death
4 Stars

A series of suspicious suicides connected to virtual reality goggles has Homicide Lieutenant Eve Dallas racing against time to stop a demented sociopath bent on destroying that which she holds most dear.

A quick and entertaining read despite the predictable mystery.

The theme of the dangers of subliminal messaging and the very real potential for abuse are compelling, and salient in light of the advances in today’s gaming technologies. Robb’s insights are interesting given th
I left it too long after reading to write a comprehensive review of Rapture in Death but I'm really loving this series. Eve and Roarke are a great couple and I've enjoyed seeing their relationship grow stronger since the beginning of the series. I do find that the murder mysteries are usually a little easy to guess (I'd pegged the killer in this book within a couple of pages of meeting them) but unusually that doesn't stop my enjoyment of these books, especially when the murders are so creativel ...more
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
(Reread April 2016) Another great book in the In Death series! A series of unrelated deaths are occurring and appear to be suicide. Of course, nothing is as it seems in this series. Lt. Eve Dallas knows something is off - she can feel it in her bones as she investigates these deaths. Everyone is telling her to let it go because they are suicides not murders but she just keeps digging, trying to find the common factor between all of them. She finds the common thread - but what does it mean? Where ...more
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Love Eve and Roarke but hate that the honeymoon had to be interrupted but the hot lawn scene was a great make-up for the interruption. :) Hated the bad memories that are haunting Eve. I hope she can get herself help and get through this but I know Roarke won't let her go through this alone. He's great for her and for me too. LOL
Around the Year i...: Rapture in Death (In Death #4), by J.D. Robb 1 11 Mar 21, 2017 11:14AM
J.D. Robb : Rapture In Death (Spoiler Zone) 34 168 Oct 20, 2016 08:17PM
J.D. Robb : Rapture In Death Buddy Read - April 2016 187 53 Jun 12, 2016 06:59PM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Rapture In Death (Sept. 2013) SPOILER ZONE 407 98 Nov 06, 2014 03:04PM
recommendations. 23 75 Aug 16, 2014 07:54AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #16 - Rapture in Death 1 3 Mar 05, 2014 01:46PM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.5)
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Dark Light (Ghost Hunters, #5)
  • Crazy Cool (Steele Street, #2)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
  • Kill and Tell (CIA Spies, #1)
  • Hades (Andrews, Russell)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Secrets in Death, on sale September 2017, is the 45th e ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Fractured
  • Never Smile at Strangers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes, #2)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Idaho
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Dead Letters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Phantom (Alexander Hawke, #7)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Moving Day
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Man-Eater: The Life and Legend of an American Cannibal
  • Smoke
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Secrets of Southern Girls: A Novel
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Blindsighted
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Reamde
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Dorchester Terrace (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #27)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Flower Net (Red Princess, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Grave Tender
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
  • Before I Go to Sleep
    $8.24 $2.99
  • When You Reach Me
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Pretty Little Things
    $4.49 $1.99
“Eve: "She had big plans for me. Kind of a pet, I imagine. Like William. Her little trained dog. And with you dead, she figured I'd inherit all your goodies. You're not going to do that to me are you?"
Roarke: "What, die?"
Eve: "Leave me all this stuff."
Roarke: "Only you would be annoyed by that.”
“I'm sorry. It's Hard for me. I do love you," she said quietly. "Sometimes it scares me because you're the first. And the only"
He held her there until he was sure he could speak, then eased her back, looked into her eyes "You've chaged my life. Become my life." He touched his lips to hers, let the kiss deepen slowly, silkily. "I need you”