Start by marking “Glory in Death (In Death, #2)” as Want to Read:
Glory in Death (In Death, #2)

Glory in Death

(In Death #2)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  45,741 ratings  ·  2,095 reviews
It is 2058, New York City. In a world where technology can reveal the darkest of secrets, there's only one place to hide a crime of passion-in the heart.

Even in the mid-twenty-first century, during a time when genetic testing usually weeds out any violent hereditary traits before they can take over, murder still happens. The first victim is found lying on a sidewalk in t
Mass Market Paperback, 296 pages
Published December 28th 1995 by Berkley Books (first published December 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Glory in Death, please sign up.
Jacquelyn Simon Apprentice in Death (munber 43) just came out as well.

·  45,741 ratings  ·  2,095 reviews

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
3.75 Stars

I enjoyed it, albeit not as much as the first one.
Regardless, I am loving Eve and Roarke and am having fun with this series so far.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 Kick-ass Stars

I'm sooo hooked on this series. I can't believe I kept postponing reading it. I would say that my review will come soon but it probably won't because I'd have to stop reading to write it.

Jilly
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, romance, mystery
Murder Mystery set in the future with the best alpha male love interest ever? Yes please! I'll take 43 of them (holy crap this series has a lot of books!). And, while you are at it, I have a list of items that I would like from these books:

1. AutoChef - cooks my food for me. I need this like I need chocolate.
2. Flying cars/hovering cars/self-driving cars. One of each, please.
3. Floating mattress with vibrations and gentle movements.
4. Bedroom droid that keeps my room clean.
5. Body dryer in my s
Sh3lly
Eve has to figure out who the serial killer is. This one is offing high-profile, successful women. She tries to deny her lurve for Roarke. Major angst ensues. She admits she loves Roarke and eventually finds the killer.

I really like Roarke. I dislike Eve. There is nothing likable about her. I don't get what Roarke sees in her. Yes, she is humanized by her interactions with her BFF Mavis and a couple others, but I still find her annoying.

I don't think this series is for me.
Shawna
Re-read/listened to the audiobook version Jan'18

Original read/review:

5 stars – Romantic Suspense

Okay, I think I'm officially hooked on this series. After reading and loving Naked in Death, I immediately jumped right into reading this, and it's another great book in an addictive series.

I find the futuristic elements interesting, but I like that it's not too distracting to the story and characters. Lieutenant Eve Dallas is a complex character who I sort of feel a love/hate relationship towards
Buggy
Opening Line: "The dead were her business."

I originally started JD Robb’s In Death series because it was recommended to me by well… everyone. And Yes it is good. In fact I ended up liking this 2nd instalment even more then the first, however (except for Roarke) I don't totally love it either. The writing is top notch and Robb spins an easy to read, dark mystery filled with lots of interesting suspects(including Roarke again.) But I’m just not a fan of the police procedurals and therefore large p
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
View review on Under the Covers

I WANT TO MARRY YOU, ROARKE!!!!!

I'm going to use this review as an excuse to post more Gandy Candy.

Opening line: “The dead were her business.”

From that first line, I was sucked in. There is something about Robb’s writing that just sucks me in completely. I love the way she describes things. I love the way the words flow and I love that there’s this sense of detachment or coldness in the overall tone of her writing. It makes the mystery of the story that much more
Brenda
The murder of prominent DA Cicely Towers in the wet darkness of a cold night started Lieutenant Eve Dallas on a case involving high profile women and brutal murder. Her immediate appointment as primary by her commander kept the pressure on – Eve’s assistance by fellow officer Feeney a boon. But there was another murder too soon and before they had any suspects. Could Eve crack this high profile case before more women were murdered? Was she in danger herself as another woman in the limelight?

Glor
Hulya Kara Yuksel
I'm cheating my husband with ROARKE. Yeah yeah, I'm in too much trouble. :D God dammit Roarke. Why are you so cute? :)

Phrynne
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This series is every bit as good second time around as it was the first and this particular book is one of the best ones. Eve and Rourke are at the beginning of their relationship and Eve is fighting it every inch of the way. Tissues are a required accompaniment to chapter nine. Peabody appears for the first time. Roarke does his very macho thing to protect his woman. All good in the land of 'In Death'. Love it:)
Talia (Red Hot Ink)

He could do that to her, and for her, she realized. He could open little pockets of peace.

The second book in the In-Death series didn't disappoint. If the first one blew me away with its originality and characters (Roarke, anyone?), this second was a solid sequel. The only reason I gave it one star less was because of the case itself, which I found less interesting, especially because of Roarke's low involvement in it. Or, more properly, at first his involvement mirrored a lot the r
Karla
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!

I dare say I loved this one a bit more than book one just because we see Roarke and Eve more established as a couple. I also loved the way Roarke handle those relationship bumps with Eve. He gives her place, treats her as an equal and respects her profession and still maintains his alpha male status.

The mystery part is always a plus and Eve is a fantastic detective always so through. I wasn’t really surprised by the killer but I enjoyed how it was played. Looking forward to the next
Seda
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bu sefer yıldızların hepsi Roarke için değil, polisiye bölümü de güzeldi. Ama yine de Roarke varken bu seriye tarafsız bakamayacağım 2. kitapla kesinleşmiş oldu. 😍😍

Polisiye bölümü daha tatmin ediciydi. Eve’i her ne kadar ilk kitapta birazcık!! eleştirsem de bu kitapta son sayfaya kadar katili bulamadım. Yazar egomu ciddi zedeledi. 😒😒 Bazı tahminler yürüttüm ama cinayetler arasındaki bağlantıyı ve cinayet sebeplerini bulamadığım için katili de tahmin edemedim. Kısaca tahminlerim elimde patladı.

Ci
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
As always it was a great book. I even enjoyed that Roarke broke down Eve's walls, well at least one of them. They make such a great pair and the ending was also a great surprise as always.
Well written and great mystery.

Re-read- Feb.28,2019
I enjoyed this the second time around because I didn't remember certain things like the small things you tend to over look do to the fact that you are wondering who the killer is. There were some details about each person that you pick up in each of the books
♥Sharon♥
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing

And the LOVE continues! Glory in Death was fantastic. I even enjoyed it just a little bit more which was such a great feeling. It was a combination of things that made it a little better……..

❤ The chemistry between Eve and Roark is explosive. I savored every single moment they were together. I love that he calls her darling.

❤ The side characters Feeney, Mavis, Commander Whitney and Summerset continue to shine. Summerset is a bit of a mystery to me though. I’m looking forward his back story.

❤ J.D
Carol
4+++ stars.🌟🌟🌟🌟
This is an amazing and addictive series.
Eve is rapidly becoming one of my all time favorite heroines. She has me enamored with her tough, take no prisoners attitude and I especially love all her snarky comments.
She is strong and determined, with a fierce dedication to her job as a police Lieutenant . She isn't afraid to put her life on the line in her job but she still struggles to find that same balance in her personal life with Roarke.
Roarke, however is much more confident in
Mou
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Another Great read!!!

This one was even better than the first one. I have to say, Great, Great work J. D. Robb!!! I Loved it.

The characters are great but the crime and the way it turns out at the end was really fascinating.

Eve was great, as usual. Tough and smart.
Roarke… well, Roarke was Roarke.

They are moving too fast, but let’s see.
of us could have bought it, and you're asking me to marry you?"
"P
Emma
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, thriller
Really good crime thriller enhanced by Roark and Eve’s relationship. I like the slightly futuristic setting. I still can’t quite warm to Eve, but I’ll definitely be reading the next few in the series. I enjoy Eve’s friend Mavis and also the snooty butler!
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Science Fiction for people who don't like Science Fiction!

Glory in Death is the second book in J.D. Robb’s wildly popular, futuristic, In Death series, and just like the first book, it’s an exciting, gritty, thrilling read.

The Story -

Two prominent women and a third ‘accidental’ have been found with their throats slashed, and as primary on the case, Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas has her hands full. With the list of suspects rising along with the death count, Eve is mentally and emotionally pushe
valee
Nov 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy I have found another series this good. I must admit I wasn't expecting to like it this much. What makes me the most happy person on Earth is that I heard every book in this series is as good as this first 2 and as there are 30 more of them still to read I will be extremely entertained for quite a while.

For what I have read and been told, every book in this series solves a different crime while Eve's and Roarke's relationship develops. I must say that this too have become one of my a
Cyndi
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This is one of my favorite series ever!!! I probably pull these out every year to reread. It's like meeting with good friends. This book we meet the indomitable Peabody. Love her! And, even though the library in Roarke's house has already made us in love with it, we find the amazing pool. Wow!

Reread March 2018- These books are always on my reread list. In this book we have Eve trying to come to terms with the unbelievable rich and hot Roarke and his love for her. Every time I read their temporar
Nicla
Another fantastic installment in this series. I love Eve and Roarke and especially that ending. It was nice to change up my reading and read some romantic suspense. Highly recommend this series.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: Low
Jo
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All RS fans!
The dead were her business. She lived with them, worked with them, studied them. She dreamed of them. And because that didn’t seem to be enough, in some deep, secret chamber of her heart, she mourned for them.

Glory in Death takes place a few months after the previous book. Murder never stops and Lieutenant Eve Dallas finds herself once again in a high-profile case when a well-known woman is murdered. And when another successful and famous woman is murdered, Eve works quickly to find connectio

Duchess Nicole
I know this is first and foremost a murder mystery series but I can't stop thinking about Roarke. Let me get those pesky details out of the way and then commence the gushing, mnkay?

So the opening scene is once again Eve being called to the scene of a grisly murder. The chick's throat is slashed....blah blah....suspect must hate women...blah...Eve is super duper intuitive...blah, blah blah blah...lots of rich society people.....blah...reporters, policemen and detectives.

There! Necessary info out
Alex ♈
Suspense – 4.5 stars / Romance 2.5 stars

Still can’t believe this book was written 22 years ago!
The author and her heroine have brilliant mind. Brilliant!

As to the romance - I still didn’t like Roarke. Their conflict, above all his behaviour, at the beginning was childish. And I found some of h’s actions regarding the H a bit weak.
But I don’t give up hope to like him better.
And if not, I’ll still enjoy the hell out of crime suspense!
Belles
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z2018, 2019
I'm only two books in and I already love this series.
Lakshmi C
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Murder no longer shocked, but it continued to repel.
Eve is direct, straight forward.

Cars with auto pilot - Yesss!!! Take that road rage

On Roarke - Fallen angel. Yes he is.

Eve finds it difficult to turn to Roarke, to open up to him. He's trying to understand but his patience wears thin.

Eve struggles with her emotions, expressing herself. Her detatchment gives her distance and a logical mind. It's sort of effortless, not moving through the murky waters of emotion

"There's that fang-toothed, dickle
Renee
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THAT ending!!! No time to waste, next book NOW!
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
****** 5 "Perfect Timing" Stars *****

“Fuck him."

Feeney made a sound like a man who'd been pinched. "Christ Jesus, Dallas, you're in St. Pat's."

"If God's going to make little weasels like him, she's going to have to listen to complaints.”

And this is why I love Eve Dallas so much. She heart a stone heart that tells you exactly how it is. There is bubble wrapped words when it comes to Eve. BUT.... said heart is starting to warm and it has all to do with the sexy Roarke, which by the way, HE BELO
Holly
According to this book, which was written in 1995, the Supreme Court found that capital punishment was unconstitutional last year in 2017, ha! Meanwhile in reality some states are doing executions with increasingly dubious methods, so so much for that fictional prophecy. Oh well. I would like an autochef though, that sounds like something we can all agree to get behind.

The murder mystery was slightly better in this one compared to the first book, though I figured it out pretty quickly. Eve/Roark
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Open Season
  • Ice Storm (Ice, #4)
  • High Noon
  • To the Limit (The Bodyguards, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Into the Night (Troubleshooters, #5)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)
“We're standing here, beat to shit, walking away from a crime scene where either or both of us could have bought it, and you're asking me to marry you?"
"Perfect timing.”