Start by marking “The Executioner: Part 1” as Want to Read:
The Executioner: Part 1

The Executioner: Part 1

(A Superpowers Romance #1)

When a shady corporation that conducts experiments on humans targets Alice Preda, “muscle tank” Damian Novac is secretly assigned with her protection. Alice discovers his true identity and she’s soon love-struck, but Damian keeps a cool reserve, protecting Alice not only from her hunters but also from himself.

A villain who switched sides long ago, Damian is the biggest gun
Kindle Edition, September, 192 pages
Published September 3rd 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Executioner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Executioner

Wendy
Great Romance about genetically enhanced humans

Sure it’s not the first book about people who obtained superpowers by an evil corporation that is altering DNA. However this is a good one. The Executioner, Damien Novak, was their best assassins and he moved over to the good guys team. Now he is protecting Alice Preda.

Alice has had a crush on Damien for quite a while, they go to the same college where he is nearly finished studying to be a Doctor and is always surrounded by women and she is shy a
Nikki Landis

What an AWESOME suspenseful thrilling romance! This novel has everything I look for - great characters, well-written, descriptive and engaging, a thrilling plot, and a slow sensual build between the two main love interests. While Damian is a bit of an ass there's much more to his alpha male persona than first revealed. So many twists and turns and unexpected changes that I just DEVOURED this novel in only a few hours. BURNING with questions I immediately had to read part two.

This book is unput

Or join our group: facebook.com/groups/TheDarkNewsletter/
dark
Lisa
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was SO good! I loved how it had the whole science thing going on with genetics and how the H and h played like cat and mouse games. All through the book, I wasn’t sure who to trust. Damien was experimented on by a company with his genetics. Now his body has become all it needs to be to live as a perfect human. Or should I say superhuman. He is strong and has muscles like steel. No one can stop him, no jail can hold him. He was created at a young age to be an assasin. Now he has supposedly s ...more
Coco.V
Sep 22, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/22/18)!💝

Blurb:
Falling in love can be dangerous. For Alice Preda, it can be deadly.

When a shady corporation that conducts experiments on humans targets Alice Preda, "muscle tank" Damian Novac is secretly assigned with her protection. Alice discovers his true identity and she's soon love-struck, but Damian keeps a cool reserve, protecting Alice not only from her hunters but also from himself.

A villain who switched sides long ago, Damian is the biggest gun the science mafia
Joel Crofoot
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While at college, Alice, encouraged by her friends, sets her sights on the muscular jock, Damian. But after a train accident strands them with a group of other people, someone utters the accusation of “executioner,” at Damian. The plot thickens when Alice’s friend reveals a newspaper article from years ago about this “executioner.” How is this possible for a college student?
This book is amazing! The buildup is exciting, the romance is hot, the fantasy is imaginative but realistic enough to keep
T.N. Traynor
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I loved this.
oo ay, wouldn't I be thrilled to the person who catches Damian's eye, golly gosh, one hot dude.
But alas, it is Alice that has his attention, and no amount of obstacles is keeping him away.
Loved the setting to this story, really liked the characters and thought the pace was just perfect.
Great read.
S08H (Morelli)
Really confusing. Just jumped right into the plot. Literally. No background to any of the charcaters. Juvenile heroine. It's a no from me.
Susi Wright
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sci-fi fantasy fans
I happily give this a solid 4.5 - I found it difficult to put down! This a great story around some shady dealings by a powerful corporation and victims of their ruthlessness trying to get justice. The author has good descriptive style without slowing pace and well-written characters. It's full of action and twists and, though gruesome in places, that adds to the thrills. I enjoyed the romantic suspense between Alice and Damian. And Damian, the hunk with dark secrets, I really liked because, apa ...more
Rosie Amber
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Executioner is a romantic suspense and suited to the NA market as the main characters are University aged students. The book is set in Romania. Alice Preda is a student in Constanta. She is attracted to a medical student, Damian Novac and connives with friends to create situations when they will meet.

A trip to the mountains is suggested and Alice hopes to become more acquainted with Damian, it's very cold and there is deep snow. When the train becomes de-railed with little sign of rescue, th
Molly Lovell
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I got this book as part of a giveaway with a bunch of other romance novels. Out of the five novels that downloaded, this was the only one I read from start to finish.

I started reading this book on Thursday night at around ten. Next thing I knew, I was up at midnight trying to figure out what happened next. (I was exhausted at work the next day, but that's another story, haha!)

This book has a good mix of romance and suspense. I hate how a lot of romance novels have weak plots and stale, stereoty
Daniel W.
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Executioner is the Olympic Luge of mystery romance stories. Ana Calin takes you at a breakneck pace through the story with twists and turns, action and drama, longing and heartbreak at every turn of the page. Alice has a thing for the strong, silent, and heroic type but there is something about Damien and more than a few people are lurking around to find out what Damien is keeping secret. An unexpected stranding in a cabin located in the Carpathian Mountains leads to lots of strange and dead ...more
Andreea Dumitru ElHalawany
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read the book at it was totally amazing! It's just one of those books which you can not put aside till you finish reading it all... It is so captivating, that you don't want to leave it away from your hands.
The action is very unpredictable, you can not imagine what is gonna happen next, so you are always surprised by the dynamic of the action.
I totally recommend this book to everyone. Well done for the author!
Robin Goodfellow
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
-I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

The Executioner, by Ana Calin, is a romantic suspense about the disturbing details of underworld dealings, as well the twisted romance that blossomed from this world.

Alice Preda had just broken up with her douche of a boyfriend. After going to a party, she meets a mysterious boy who manages to ingrain himself into her life. However, after she and a group of students become stranded at the edge of a mountain, she unwittingly b
Jen ❥
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Facts:
Genre: Sci-fi, Suspense, Gothic
Part of a Series/Installment: Yes, Book 1 of 2
Standalone/Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
M/F-M/M-M/M/F-etc: (view spoiler)
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex between H/h with OW/OM:(view spoiler)
If so, Before or After H/
Rachael Tamayo
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book caught my interest from page one. I was able to read through it in a matter of two to three days. The writing was great, well balanced. I loved the way it flowed and how the plot unfolded. (No Spoilers here, LOL. You have to read it!)

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the whole super human genetics thing, but honestly, I loved it and I can't wait for book two.

When I read romance, I'm pretty particular. I hate books that are chocked full of sex just for the sake of sex, or romance with n
Billie Kowalewski
This book was absolutely FANTASTIC! I had started reading this story right before I went to bed (I’m never doing this again) and had trouble trying to go to sleep because I wanted to continue so badly! I then started it the very next morning with my coffee and couldn’t put it down. Thank god it was my day off! From the very first page this story will grip you and not let go all the way to the end. The constant action combined with the dangerously sexy chemistry going on between Alice and Damian ...more
C.L.
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A riveting read

This was a super fast-paced book that had me hooked. I'm a big fan of any form of doomed romance and Alice and Damian definitely seem to fit the bill! The only thing i would say is that it maybe moved a little too quickly, especially the first few chapters. But on the whole an engrossing read, and looking forward to continuing the story.
Dark Erotic Books

Rachael Tamayo
Jul 19, 2017
Sha Kirk
Sep 30, 2017
Born in vampire land Romania and living in romantic Germany, Ana Calin writes dark gothic stories with a modern feel. Supernatural blends with Sci Fi, and Romance never misses the party.

A Superpowers Romance (4 books)
  • The Executioner: Part Two (A Superpowers Romance #2)
  • The Soul Trapper (Superpowers Romance #3)
  • The Devil's Elixir (A Superpowers Romance, #4)