Start by marking “J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis (The Rousseaus, #3; Blueberry Lane, #14)” as Want to Read:
J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis (The Rousseaus, #3; Blueberry Lane, #14)

J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis (The Rousseaus #3)

If the best man and maid of honor are both single, it’s practically an unwritten rule that they should pork.

…so begins a rocky acquaintance between Jean-Christian “J.C.” Rousseau and Libitz Feingold at the wedding of J.C.’s brother and Lib’s best friend. While manslut best man J.C. is surprised when maid of honor Libitz soundly spurns his advances, his curiosity is piqued
ebook
Published November 21st 2016 by Katharine Gilliam Regnery

To ask other readers questions about J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 "She be fierce" Stars
 photo IMG_1920_zpsiesahcst.jpg

I just read the most romantic story. One with strong leading characters and sassy, quick banter. From page one to the end, I had a smile on my face and an opening of my heart. It was a story that made me feel good, made me swoon and most of all made me love to pieces.

Jean Christian "JC" Rousseau is 34 yrs old and is the last Rousseau sibling left to find his soul mate. Libitz Feingold is 29 yrs old, best friend to JC brother's fiancé, and not looking to get involved with
Kate Phoenix
4 finally more substance Stars.

It started with a painting and led to a love they both never expected to happen.

This is my first impression of J.C. in the book but he has several epiphanies throughout the book and my opinion of him changes at the end of the book…. Want to know how? Read my review and then you’ll find out.

J.C. is a pig at the beginning of the book when we meet him at Kate’s wedding. He has a specific type of woman – big tits, hips and well I won’t be crass. But it ain’t pretty
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Geez! I'm emotional again. Katy Regnery has a way of slaying you with her words and her stories... This one is another gem – I really fell in love with the Blueberry Lane, The Rousseaus series from Jonquils for Jax, Marry me Mad, and now JC and The Bijoux Jolis. Each one I thought was my favorite and Katy proves me wrong every time. These stories are ALL unique and beautiful in their own way.

This particular story, though I felt like I was reading a classic. There is something so stunningly beau
Give Me Books
Nov 21, 2016 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you take a favorite author, a favorite Shakespeare quote, and a fiery couple mixed with a splash of mystery?

Near perfection. That's what you get.

Oh, you guys - Jean-Christian and Libitz were amazing. They were snarky and antagonistic in a way that served as some sort of blazing hot foreplay that kept ratcheting up over the entire course of the book. I loved how open and honest they were with each other, how they laid all their cards out on the table and then dealt with each
Sherry
Nov 06, 2016 Sherry rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I am so pleased to be reviewing yet another Katy Regnery book. These books have become a staple in my reading diet. I have grown to love these books. This time we are delighted with the story of J.C. Rousseau and Libitz Feingold.

What I loved about these two are that they are evenly matched. Both of them are sharp witted and have definitely enjoyed their slice of life. These two are both patrons and lovers of art. SO much alike in their zest for life. Lib and J.C. had managed to get under each o
Julia
Nov 18, 2016 Julia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: na-i-love-them, arc, 2016
5 - it's a choice to work - stars

Some say that time changes everything? Others say that leopard cannot hide its spots. Who are right? Can we change or be changed?

"It's not a predetermined thing like your blood type or eye color. It's a choice. It's a choice to love someone and be faithful to them and do the work."

J. C. and the Bijoux Jolis by Katy Regnery is the third book in The Rousseaus series. Finally, it's the story of the eldest brother Jean-Christian Rousseau. It's the story o
Kim
Nov 05, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars

J.C. Rousseau has a reputation as an untamable manwhore. He's worked his way through most of the women in their social set. He is charming, handsome, flirty, funny, and persistent. But he is completely anti-relationship and anti-commitment. He has his reasons based on his past and really does not think he will ever be willing to take the chance.

He meets Libitz Feingold at Kate and Ten's wedding as they share wedding party duties. She is feisty, stand-offish, and totally not his usual ph
Becca
Nov 03, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-junkie
description

Is it normal to be in love with a book? That the only thing you feel is pure and deep love? Because I’m sitting here and I just realized I’m in love with J.C. and Lib’s story. This is the thing about me right now. I loved book one and book two, but this one…this one is golden.

description

Katy writes with so much power, her novels always rock my world.
This book was so good to me right now. It’s really hard to find the perfect words to describe my feelings. And Katy always does it with my, her books always ta
Lisa
Nov 19, 2016 Lisa rated it it was amazing
After reading and adoring over a dozen books in the Blueberry Lane series, I am still amazed at how Katy Regnery still manages to surprise and enthrall me with each new release. JC and the Bijoux Jolis is Blueberry Lane as we haven’t seen before. Starting with the Prologue, I was completely intrigued as a fan of WWII history. There’s a historical element to the development of Libitz and JC’s relationship that was fascinating to watch unfold.

Libitz is not your typical Blueberry Lane heroine. This
Isha Coleman
Nov 03, 2016 Isha Coleman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads

ARC Review: J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis (Blueberry Lane: The Rousseaus) by Katy Regnery

J.C. and Libitz are truly something special. There was an ethereal quality to their story. Through the highs, lows and in between, it was a foregone conclusion that the bond between these two could not be broken. The hand of fate had mapped out their journey in the stars. With J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis, Ms. Regnery reminded me why I love romance. The feeling I get deep inside my soul that renders me speechless a
Monica Horne
Nov 18, 2016 Monica Horne rated it it was amazing
Just when you think you couldn't love the Rousseaus any more than you already do, Jean-Christian comes waltzing in and steals your heart!

This story left my heart wanting more... Not because the story was missing anything, but because I didn't want to let them go after I finished the book. Their story has truly touched my heart.

Although Libitz wanted nothing to do with JC in the beginning, it was fate that ended up bringing them together in the end.

If you want to read a book that takes a hold o
UltraMeital
I loved this book and more over, appreciated this book on so many levels! I truly didn't expect this one to be so special to me, not the way it did. I hope I'll be able to do it justice with my review..

Though I was curious about Libitz from hearing about her in Kate and Etienne's book ("Kiss Me Kate", The English Brothers #6), Jean-Christian (J.C. in short) ISN'T my kind of guy, I remember I had a similar thought when I read Alex English's book, I was wondering the same, basically if he will be
Kahea
***4 “It’s magnetic...It’s chemistry…’ Stars***

Whenever I open a Katy Regnery book I know I’m going to get sucked into the rabbit hole and not want to climb out and it happened once more with J.C. & the Bijoux Jolis. We have a bit of a psuedo enemies to lovers story going on between J.C. and Libitz with a little mystery woven into the mix that kept me turning the pages to see how both situations would be resolved.

J.C. Oh. J.C. I wasn’t all too sure about J.C. going into this book. It wasn’
Selma
Nov 13, 2016 Selma rated it it was amazing
I haven't been able to read a book in days which is very uncommon for me. I felt such a profound sadness in my heart and simply couldn't get out of this funk surrounding me. Whichever book I tried I gave up very soon because I didn't feel it. I needed a story that would finally help me cure my current mood. And I found it thankfully in J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis.

This book is very different from her other Blueberry Lane novels. Jean-Christian and Libitz's story was not as light-hearted and sweet
April Reads
Nov 13, 2016 April Reads rated it it was amazing
The moment I read the summary of J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis, I knew it was going to be different. A good kind of different. I was not mistaken.

This book is my favorite among all the Rousseau books. Why? Because it is mixed with Historical Fiction and a bit of mystery. This made it more interesting and as I said, different. J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis was romantic... classic and it was elegantly delivered. The writing was smooth and beautiful just like Katy's other books. I think I can already reco
Sejla
Nov 13, 2016 Sejla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This book was truly a gem. I went into it with certain expectations but Katy Regnery totally managed to surpass them. I'm still in awe of how she always comes up with new ideas. J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis was definitely different from her other books and unique in a very special way. It was a beautiful, powerful and touching interplay of the past and the present. The book started and ended with the painting making the "Bijoux Jolis" literally run like a golden thread through the whole story!

If t
Rachel
Nov 20, 2016 Rachel rated it really liked it

J.C. Rousseau has a reputation and hopes to score at his brother’s wedding, especially since he (the best man) and the maid of honor are both single. In his mind, that is the perfect pairing, especially since Kate’s best friend, Libitz, intrigues him. Libitz is not interested in a night with J.C., however, spoiling his plans and only increasing his interest in her.

Libitz is all for casual relationship and no strings nights, but knows that a night with J.C. will always have strings, sim
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

It's not cold enough in hell for me to fall for someone like you.

How many hearts had he broken? A million, she'd bet. Or more. And the funny thing was? If you asked him, he'd probably say, 'None.' He probably assumed that because he wasn't interested and made it clear, it staunched any interest or expectation on the side of his partners. Stupid, selfish man. Women didn't work like that.

Her huge spirit was in such contrast to her tiny body, for a moment he wondered h
Becky Rendon
Nov 20, 2016 Becky Rendon rated it really liked it
J.C. is sex on a stick and many woman have sampled his particular delights. With the family and friendships surrounding her, Libitz knows that the temptations he brings will only hurt her friendship.

But what a divine temptation! He oozes sex and filthy thoughts. One little taste...no!

A life long friendship will not be devastated for a romp in the sheets...but love? That would be something....

Loving the fun and occasionally mean banter between two professed love 'em and leave them types fighting
Becca
Nov 24, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing
Immediately this story took hold of me. The suave yet over confident JC and the tiny but fierce Lib. These two swept me away and their story is one of true romance.

JC had his eye on his new sister-in-law's best friend for the moment she arrived for the wedding weekend. I mean he was the best man, she was the maid of honor, they were meant to hook up for the weekend right?

But there was something there... something that neither of them had control over. From the start, this story takes hold of you
Samantha Schafer
"You’re my person,” he said. “You’ve always been my person. Long before I was breathing, you belonged to me.”

JC - an independent man who swore of commitments at a young age because of his father who lives in philly close to his family
Lib - a fun loving girl just living the city life in NYC. Best friends with JC now sister in law Kate

JC and Lib first had a love hate relationship. But Kate made lib promise not to have a meaningless night with him because that's just how the two of them are, but i
Marti
JC and the Bijoux Jolis is by Katy Regnery. For those of you who do not know Katy’s books, I encourage you strongly to read them. They feel real - like each character could be a friend or someone you know. This particular book focuses on JC Rousseau formerly of Blueberry Lane.

JC has his own Art Studio, the life of a rich playboy and his family. He is summoned to help his sister-in-law and be a godfather for the new baby. Another person supporting Kate is her best friend, Libitz Feingold, who is
Susan (susayq ~)
Katy Regnery has done it again! She's written a story that left me with a smile on my face and characters that will live on in my mind for a long while.

For as swoony as Cort was in Mad's book and as giving and patient as Gard was with Jax, I think J.C. is my favorite hero in this series! Sure, he was a cocky playboy....until he met the woman who made him want more. Then he showed such vulnerability. I just wanted to squeeze him.

Libitz was perfect for J.C. She also had a history, so she wasn't ex
Anne Milne
Nov 19, 2016 Anne Milne rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite book of the series I loved JC from the moment he appeared in the book, pairing him up with Libitz was just perfection.
The interactions between them had me laughing out loud, they are so similar it's uncanny.
What I loved most was that the relationship didn't feel forced it felt real. It was sassy and fun, tender and romantic, passionate and sexy. Really enjoyed the story that involved the painting it gave an added depth to the storyline.
A well written tender love story tha
Desiree •°°•.UnboundBookReviews•°°•
The BEST installment of the Rousseau Series, yet!

Katy Regnery never ceases to amaze me in her abilities as a writer. Just when I think her next book couldn't possibly be any better than the previous, she goes and throws out one like J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis and leaves me utterly enthralled and in awe.

The two main characters, Jean-Christian (J.C.) and Libitz have a chance meeting at a wedding in which they are both in attendance and sparks don't necessarily fly right off the bat. You see, J.C.
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Nov 13, 2016 Jenny - Book Sojourner rated it really liked it
J.C. and Libitz were actually a pretty fun couple. On one side, they have a lot of similarities. Both have had much occasion for casual sex. There's no blushing virgin here. But the fun comes at Etienne and Kate's wedding where J.C. tries to woo Libitz with his player moves and she hardly spares him the time of day. While I don't love a player, I loved that the player in this scenario had met his match.

Despite ignoring their mutual attraction, life had a way of bringing J.C. and Libitz back into
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
My heart feels utterly complete. Like it has been on a journey through time, witnessing the innocence of love, fate & destiny & how they can all be so beautifully woven into the fabric of life – or the strokes of paintbrush.

JC & The Bijoux Jolis is book 3 in the Rousseau family stories. Having loved both Mad & Jax’s stories, my heart already knew JC - Jean-Christian’s story was going to take me on yet another truly fabulous journey, but I wasn’t prepared for the depth of feelings
Tami Talbert
Nov 13, 2016 Tami Talbert rated it it was amazing
As soon as I finished JC and the Bijoux Jolis, I suddenly felt so emotional over this story I just didn’t know where to start my review. Katy Regnery has returned us to Blueberry Lane in this 14th installment to the series with the story of Jean-Christian Rousseau and Libitz Feingold. The special connection these characters share through their love of art and specifically the painting J.C.’s sister discovers in the attic of her home really sets a special tone for this romantic love story. Not to ...more
Lenore Kosinski

4 stars -- I received a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

That was a delightful ending to the Rousseau phase of the Blueberry Lane series!! I didn't really have any leanings one way or another about how I would feel about J.C. or Libitz, though I really enjoyed the brief glimpse we got of Lib in Kate and Ten's book...and she lived up to those few expectations I had of her. She was feisty and blunt and really to
Sammyloo (I am a Book Hoarder)
Nov 20, 2016 Sammyloo (I am a Book Hoarder) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“It’s not a predetermined thing like your blood type of eye color. It’s a choice. It’s a choice to love someone and be faithful them and do the work. We’re all capable of that.”

J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis continues the story of the Rousseau siblings and The Blueberry Lane Series. Jean-Christian J.C. Rousseau, the eldest of the Rousseau siblings has promised that he would never find love, that he would never look into a woman’s eyes and see any hurt caused by a misplaced trust in him. J.C. has seen
  • Best Worst Mistake (Brightwater, #3)
  • Trivial Pursuits (Chicago on Ice, #2)
  • Blackthorne's Bride
  • Softer Than Steel (Love & Steel, #2)
  • Cursed be the Wicked
  • Fire Me Up (Pine Mountain, #4)
  • Since I Fell for You (New York Sullivans #2; The Sullivans #16)
  • The Weather Girl
  • Invincible (Long, Tall Texans #43)
  • Dirty Talk (Mechanics of Love, #2)
  • The Billionaire Next Door (Billionaire Bad Boys #2)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
  • Paige in Progress (Reluctant Hearts, #3)
  • His Contrary Bride
  • Spectacular Rascal
  • Fighting Dirty (Worth the Fight, #5)
  • Bitter Feast (Lei Crime, #12)
  • Shelved
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katy Regnery started her writing career by enrolling in a short story class in January 2012. One year later, she signed her first contract and Katy’s first novel was published in September 2013.

Now exclusively self-published, Katy claims authorship of the multi-titled Blueberry Lane Series, which follows the English, Winslow, Rousseau, Story, and Amb
More about Katy Regnery...

The Rousseaus (3 books)
  • Jonquils for Jax (The Rousseaus, #1; Blueberry Lane, #12)
  • Marry Me Mad (The Rousseaus, #2; Blueberry Lane, #13)

“I don’t remember asking for promises.” “I might let you down.” “Probably.” “Or hurt you.” “Possibly.” “And you could end up hating me,” he said, leaning into her touch as he closed his eyes. She inhaled deeply, and when he opened his eyes, she was staring up at him, her eyes worried. “Is that what you want?” “No!” he cried. “God, no!” The elevator dinged to signal their arrival, and she dropped her hand. “Then make a choice to keep me safe and make me proud and make me adore you.” “It can’t be that easy,” he said, wincing as his mother’s shattered face flitted through his mind and vowing never to be the cause of that pain for Libitz.” 0 likes