Jump to ratings and reviews

The Rousseaus #1

Jonquils for Jax

Did you fall in love with The English Brothers? Were you hot for the Winslows?

Katy Regnery's Blueberry Lane series continues with The Rousseau siblings!

Jacqueline “Jax” Rousseau is vivacious, rich, smart and beautiful…but that doesn’t mean she’s lucky in love: she’s dated doctors, lawyers, actors and politicians who’ve all managed to end up disappointing her. In fact, she’s on a self-imposed hiatus from love when she has an unpleasant run-in with her neighbor’s gorgeous new landscaper, Gardener Thibodeaux. Jax is not accustomed to gruff, ill-mannered men that can’t be charmed, but something about Gard intrigues her, and if she can find her way through the armor that surrounds his heart, she also might find a love that won’t let her down.

ebook

First published August 5, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Katy Regnery

106 books4,056 followers
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katy Regnery has a heart for smart romance featuring strong women and decent men. Almost exclusively self-published, Katy claims authorship of over 45 titles, including three RITA® finalists. Translated into French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Turkish, Katy has sold over 1.8 million books worldwide.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
29 (3%)
1 star
11 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 187 reviews
Profile Image for Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog.
1,260 reviews9,899 followers
August 20, 2016
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”I’m goin’ to fall for you, Duchess. Hard. Don’t know if it’s just for now or forever, but if it’s not okay with you, tell me now.”

photo JonquilsforJaxTeaser3_zps99ezeqfk.jpg

This story was sweet, sexy, and had just a dash of angst, making it a perfect summer read. The series revolves around several families that live in an affluent neighborhood in the suburbs surrounding Philadelphia. The first installment of The Rousseaus, centers around Jacqueline “JAX” Rousseau.

Jax has returned to the family’s summer home, Le Chateau, for her older brother’s wedding. She’s also running away from her life back in L.A. After producing Hollywood’s latest blockbuster movie, Jax was thrown into the spotlight and became the paparazzi’s latest obsession. She never expected to have every aspect of her life splashed all over the tabloids and all Jax wants is to stay in the safe cocoon of her family’s summer estate. On the night of her brother’s wedding she ends up trying to fight off the unwanted advances of a family friend and her neighbor’s gardener comes to her rescue.

photo JonquilsforJaxTeaser2_zpson9ywias.jpg

Gardener Thibodeaux is an ex-cop, who was forced into early retirement after being injured in the line of duty. The incident left his vision severely impaired. He is almost completely blind. Gardener can only see things that are in extreme close proximity to him. His condition has left him a little bitter and he’s moved to the area in order to live a solitary life, away from family and old friends. He’s lost his passion for life, until he meets the beautiful and exasperating, Jax.

The attraction between them is electrifying. No matter how hard Gardener tries to fight his feelings, it becomes clear rather quickly that he is no match for Jax’s sweet and charming nature. They actually end up being perfect for each other. Both needing that push to get back on the right path and finding that the love that develops between them is just what they were looking for.

photo JonquilsforJaxTeaser5_zpszoahcc4l.jpg

I have a soft spot for damaged Heroes and early on I was swooning hard for Gardener. My heart ached for him because he never wanted to appear helpless and the times that his lack of vision required him to lean on others for assistance seemed to break his soul, piece by piece. But Jax never once showed pity and always offered her encouragement and love.

The Rousseaus series is off to a smashing start and I can’t wait for the next installment!

JONQUILS FOR JAX is available now!!
AMAZON US: http://ow.ly/4nvHaI
iBOOKS: http://ow.ly/SWS8x
NOOK: http://ow.ly/4nopYG

photo 17631979_zpsogt4rrvf.png
Profile Image for Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️.
813 reviews829 followers
August 17, 2016
5 Duchess Stars
 photo image_zpsrsvfyin3.jpeg

Romance.......when I think of Katy Regnery, that word comes to mind. Sweet, touching, slight angst, slight drama, sexy.......a feel good, feel happy kind of read!!

Katy Regnery never brings perfect characters together. They are slightly flawed who together bring out the best in each other. Jacqueline "Jax" Rousseau is smart, beautiful, wealthy and hiding from her life that has gone crazy since winning an Oscar. Gardener Thibodeaux is handsome, has a secret and is hiding from a life that was taken from him way before his time. When they accidentally meet, there is a connection and it is a feisty one. But over time, these two become friends and then turn up the fire. But they both must be honest and trustful before they can move forward. Their journey is loving and slightly complicated but it is one that makes you smile.

This story is sweet and beautiful. Life isn't perfect but Jax and Gard find each other in the most unlikely of places and discover love. This story is a perfect Saturday read, whether lying in a hammock, sitting on a beach, or inside on a rainy day......this is perfect romance and one that will have you swooning.

ARC provided by Rock Star PR in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Vasiliki.
446 reviews28 followers
September 2, 2016

ARC kindly provided by RockStar Lit in exchange of an honest review.

This is the story of Jax and Gardener.

One more beautiful story by Ms. Regnery! The writing of Ms. Regnery is impossible not to reach your heart! I really loved the feelings in this story! I've laughed, cried and sighed with everything that took place! The plot was a bit predictable in certain moments but it wasn't disturbing.

Jax is a great heroine! She is decent and proud! She had issues in the past with her popularity and she doesn't trust easily! I really liked the strength of her heart!

Gardener is a great man! I love his way of thinking, even when he is wrong! He is a really fantastic man!

Their interactions were amazing! Jax being stubborn and sassy and Gardener being difficult made their conversations interesting and fun!

The end of the book was really nice and it left a bit of information for what is coming up!

I definitely recommend this book to everyone who loves a good romance!
Profile Image for Kate.
2,047 reviews308 followers
August 1, 2017
This didn’t work for me. But before I tell you why. I would like to say that I’m a huge Katy Regnery fan and that she knows how to write romance. If you take a look at all of the reviews on Goodreads and other media etc. you will see that the reviews have 4 or 5 stars. So I’m in the minority here.

Jacqueline “Jax” Rousseau is a rich girl from Philly she won an Oscar for her film The Philly Story but now her life has changed with the Paparazzi. She flies back home from LA and hides from the world. I get that the life in LA can be hard but that she had so many problems isn’t believable at all. There was depth missing.

Gardener Thibodeaux is an ex-cop turned part time gardener. A gardener named Gardener. He is tending his moonlight garden when he meets the brash northerner Jax. There is chemistry but they try to be friends first.

This started off sweet but became pretty cheesy and nothing happened or in this case unnecessary drama. We see how the relationship develops but it’s slow going. I’ll still continue with her books but I’m also peeved that I paid so much for this book. Win some loose some I guess.
Profile Image for EpicRomanceReviews.
728 reviews123 followers
August 6, 2016
"Mon coeur ne bat que pour toi.” My heart beats only for you.

Fate and destiny are timeless themes in Katy Regnery's beloved Blueberry Lane series, and such is certainly the case in JONQUILS FOR JAX, when a chance encounter in a moonlit garden changes the course of the hero and heroine’s lives in beautiful and profound ways!

When Hollywood movie producer heiress Jacqueline “Jax” Rousseau flees from a drunken wedding reveler on the night of her brother Etienne's nuptials, she suddenly finds herself hurtling into the strong, solid arms of hunky Haverford Park landscaper, Gardener Thibodeaux. “There was something strange, almost mystical, about finding him working in the garden—the way he’d materialized out of shadows and moonlight, the stark contrast between his huge, masculine body and the delicate flowers he was planting so carefully.”

An immediate magnetic attraction sparks between them after he swoops to the rescue and protects her from harm. But Jax does not trust easily, and with good cause. She's been holed up at her family manor after being hounded by the paparazzi. Overnight she’d lost her privacy and had only been able to reclaim it by packing up her things, selling her apartment in California, and returning to the safety of Le Chateau in her upscale Philadelphia hometown. They come from different worlds and are ill-suited for each other, but nevertheless, Jax is inexplicably drawn to the gruff, mysterious Gard and she finds herself cajoling her unwitting savior into giving her self-defense lessons. Jax had lost so much control over her life over the last several months so learning to defend herself feels like a step toward reclaiming her self-reliance. The more time she spends with the tight-lipped loner, the harder she falls. But despite their growing closeness, she's left with the more questions than answers.

"Who was this beautiful, enigmatic man who lovingly tended moonlight gardens but could also teach her how to disarm an assailant by gouging his eyes out? Gentle and lethal. Protective and taciturn. One thing she knew for certain: they were both hiding from the world."

Jax is never one to back away from a challenge and she is determined to unravel his mysteries one by one. But Gard doesn't make it easy on her…at least not at first. A traumatic injury in the line of duty forced the highly decorated cop into an early retirement, and he is now working as a part-time gardener at the English estate as he licks his wounds and tries to adjust to his new normal. He was living a quiet, uncomplicated life until this raven-haired breath of fresh air blew into his life. Although they are polar opposites in every conceivable way, she illuminates the dark corners of his desolate heart "like a burst of something very sweet and very bright in a dark, bitter life. Like a jonquil. Like a kiss of bright orange in the middle of quiet white.”

But even as their spark of attraction slowly smolders into hot burning lust, Gard worries that she will look at him differently once she discovers his devastating secret. Can true love blossom against all odds?

Oh, mon Dieu! This beaming ray of sweet sunshine of a romance kinda caught me off guard. I always relish revisiting the vibrant and memorable characters from the Winslows, Rousseaus and English clans, prominently featured in the long-running Blueberry Lane series, and was totally expecting a whimsical, breezy summer read that would sweep me off my feet. But the intense rush of raw, wild emotions JONQUILS FOR JAX stirred in my soul kind of blindsided me. Ms. Regnery pours her heart into each and every book she writes, and they are all special and refreshingly unique in their own way, but there was just SOMETHING about this BL tale that resonated so deeply within me that I am still swooning!

I always fall head over heels for all of Katy Regnery’s heroes, but the gruff, brooding Cajun Frenchman from Nawlins, with his battered, achingly beautiful heart and fierce male pride owned me from page one!!! “He’d endured two years of hell; he’d earned a little bit of heaven” and man did I root for Gard to find his true bliss with the feisty, breathtakingly beautiful Rousseau heiress!! The romance between Gard and his Duchess sparkled and shimmered like Jax’s gorgeous “emeralds.” I relished their adorable banter, their fiery sparks, their deliciously hot flirtation…their endearing tenderness. (I swear every time Gard crooned “Duchess” or said “cher” in his Cajun-accented French my heart literally skipped a beat.)

But…my affection for this particular hero actually runs much deeper than the fact that he is a sweet, mouthwateringly sexy, Alphalicious bbf! In truth, Gard’s personal hardships mirror my own lifelong struggles (although mine are to a lesser degree) and therefore packed an emotional wallop. In fact, there were certain scenes in this book that I related to so acutely they cut me to the quick and I found myself hurting so bad for Gard--and yes, cheering him on. Speaking of champions, the heroine’s unexpected response and brand of tough yet tender love once a distraught Gard finally blurted out his life-shattering secret literally had me WEEPING!

“That’s when he knew—as certainly as he’d ever known anything—that he was about to fall in love for the second time in his life. It didn’t matter that he’d only known her for a handful of days or that she was rich and he was the neighbor’s part-time gardener. It didn’t matter that her French was Parisian and his was Cajun or that she was twenty-seven to his thirty-two. All that mattered was that in a moment when she could have done or said a million different things, Jacqueline Rousseau had somehow managed to choose a response that allowed him to keep his pride, his dignity, and his hope.”

Ahh… I have a serious girl crush on Jax Rousseau! She is brassy and sassy, kind and loyal, strong and sweetly alluring. An intoxicating combination!! Although in theory the bossy, "uppity" socialite, with her designer clothes, entitled manners and interrogation-style conversational skills was all wrong--and an impossible distraction--for this humble, taciturn ex-cop who was looking for calm and stability as he slowly rebuilt the tattered fragments of his life. But as it turned out, the more time he spent with his Duchess the more she got under his skin and the deeper he leaned into love with her.

Despite their glaring differences, this darling duo share one commonality that tethered them together …these lost, aimless souls are searching for someone to anchor them, protect them, make them feel safe against life’s harsh realities. But would they be able to collaboratively reassemble their lives by taking the pieces that matter and figure out how to fit them together? It’s a Katy Regnery book…with a guaranteed epic HEA…so of COURSE they will! And, as expected, destiny and fate play an indelible role in uniting these trueloves in forever bliss.

In closing, I will leave it at this. JONQUILS FOR JAX is absolutely magnifique! A sigh-worthy summer read to savor time and again.
Profile Image for Shannon Youngblood.
Author 38 books396 followers
August 13, 2016
**4.5 Gardner the gardner Stars**

Although slightly slow to start, this book had me in TEARS, and I loved EVERY. SINGLE. SECOND. OF. IT!!!! Oh man, where do I even start?

Jax, daughter of wealthy parents is hiding out in her childhood retreat. After producing a Oscar Winning movie, she’s now being stalked by the media, and she can’t stand it anymore. Gard, the sexy half blind gardener who had to retire early, stumbles upon her, and the chemistry is instant. But can they both see past their own fears to find the love they’ve both been looking for?

Let’s start with Jax. I’m not going to lie, most of the times when I read books, I read it for the guy. I tend to find the girls whiny in so many cases. But this book? MANNN Jax is the ish! She’s strong, she’s fierce and she knows what she wants! I admire her so much

Gard? He made me cry throughout the entire book. His emotions played with my own. When he was falling for her, I was falling for him; insecurities and all. Strong, Compassionate, and would doing anything for Jax. It was incredibly beautiful, and I couldn’t help but fall in love with him, page after page.

I loved this book, and plan on reading the entire series. The language, the banter and the random bits of french were a total turn on, and the sexy time scenes were hot and passionate and totally believable. I felt like I was right there throughout the entire thing. Totally recommend!

*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Shannon from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription
August 5, 2016
This book was just what I needed and I hadn't even realized it until I finished that final page. This book left my heart full to bursting with so much love and I was stricken with a massive case of the swoons! I had all of those wonderful, warm, fuzzy feelings throughout this entire book.

First of all, I'm amazed at just how versatile Katy is with her books. She can rip my heart out one second and then instantly soothe it with beautiful and heartwarming stories like Jonquils for Jax.

Secondly, there is always something so human about Katy's characters, more specifically her Heroes. I love that her heroes aren't always the most "physically perfect male specimen". In fact, some of them, including Gardner, are physically imperfect, but, her characters show just how beautiful and perfect they are through their personalities. Most heroes are physically beautiful, but with flawed personalities. There is something so utterly refreshing about Katy's heroes, and the swoony, gentle, Cajun-accented Gard, is no exception.

For being a rich girl, I'd expected Jaqueline (Jax) to be a snobbish, haughty brat, and she was anything but. I loved that despite her family's affluence, she wanted to make her own way and accomplish things through her diligence and tenacity. She was much more down to earth than I'd anticipated, and it was easy to relate to her.

This wasn't a heavy or "intense" read, but that, in no way, infers that there is any lack of substance in this book. I was completely immersed the entire time, but instead of getting the "bowling ball guts" I get whenever I'm reading something super angsty, I felt so happy and completely in love with the Jax and Gard and their story.

This is definitely the perfect summer read. Sit back, have a glass of wine by a pool or on the beach and get lost in this inspiring and beautiful read!
Profile Image for DJ Sakata.
3,006 reviews1,736 followers
August 1, 2016
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

He'd recognize her voice till the day he died. His brain had already found a safe place for its keeping.

...building a life is about taking the pieces that matter and figuring out how to fit them together.

You should know that want and should are having an epic battle in my head right now.

I'm going to fall for you Duchess. Hard. Don't know if it's just for now or forever, but if it's not okay with you, tell me now.

What if each thing I want is a puzzle piece, but they belong to different puzzles, and I can't figure out how to fit them all together.

My Review:

Katy Regnery writes amusing, sweet, and sexy stories with adorable, enigmatic, and endearing characters, even though I am highly envious and should despise them as they are filthy rich, remarkably attractive, and highly successful. I first fell in love with Ms. Regnery's English Brothers then switched up to the Winslows, and am now enjoying the Rousseau clan. I am ever so glad Blueberry Lane is a large neighborhood.

Profile Image for Maria Rose.
2,454 reviews242 followers
August 15, 2016
Jonquils for Jax is the first story in the Rousseau series, part of the Blueberry Lane set of stories that features wealthy families who live on, you guessed it, Blueberry Lane. We’ve had some brief introductions to the Rousseau family in the past, including the linking story Kiss Me Kate which was the romance between Kate English and Etienne Rousseau, and was a definitely favorite for me. I’ve read all the stories to date since the first one published by the author, Breaking up with Barrett, that started off this delightful set of romances. To her credit, the author consistently puts out high quality, engaging stories and while I’ve found some couples more to my liking than others, there is no doubt that Katy Regnery is an author that is worth being on your auto-buy list.

Jacqueline, known to her friends as Jax, has returned home to Blueberry Lane. While attending an engagement party for her neighbour, the overly amorous attentions of a guest cause her to flee to the gardens, where she meets the new hire planting in the moonlight. A rather gruff gardener named Gardener, as luck would have it, whose father was a successful landscaper who named his children with a sense of humor. Gard doesn’t quite know what to make of this fairy tale woman who shows up in a beautiful gown in his moonlit garden – he only knows that he is enchanted. And that she is out of his league. But when he rescues Jax from her follower, it’s the start of a friendship, something Gard has never had with a woman before. Before long, Gard and Jax are sharing secrets, and more. Jax must figure out where her future lies – will she be able to convince Gard to share it with her?

Jax comes across as lovely, bright woman who should be on top of the world – but she’s in hiding. While she grew up very wealthy, she wanted to support herself and found a niche in producing movies, one that was highly successful. Her sudden success as a movie producer came with an unexpected cost – a paparazzi following that resulted in a frightening accident. Going home to the estate on Blueberry Lane, just one of the homes owned by her family, is going back to familiar and well-loved territory. She’s taken a step back to get her bearings and make some decisions about her future. She doesn’t know what she wants to do, she just knows that staying in LA isn’t it.

But she’s not the only one in hiding. Gard used to be a police officer until a domestic call resulted in the death of his partner and a serious eye injury that compromised his own vision. Forced into retirement, his partially blind state makes being in bright sunlight difficult. Luckily, the gardening skills he learned when he was younger haven’t been forgotten, and he is putting them to good use again, preferring to work outside in the evening and night hours. He’s enjoying his part-time job, and though he hasn’t decided if he wants to do this full time, it’s a way to get through each day and take his mind off of the incident. Though he’s got the social skills to mix with the Winslows and Englishes and Rousseaus, having grown up in a family that became quite wealthy, he never fit in with the old money crowd that they belong to. Financially he is very wealthy but is proud of the career he had, and wants to feel useful again. But there’s no denying that he’s lonely and still adjusting to the tragic turn of events that led him here.

When Jax bursts her way into Gard’s life, it’s like seeing the sun again. She’s smart and vivacious and charming, though he can also sense that part of that is a cover up for how she is really feeling. When he tells her about the true state of his vision, she doesn’t pity him, but rather takes it in stride. While Gard has had several lovers, none of them have made him feel the way Jax does. They share some steamy scenes together, and it’s clear that they are quickly falling for each other. The plot moves along seamlessly, as Gard helps Jax make sense of her life and what she wants to do in the future. And when her dreams appear to be shattered, Gard is the one who comes to the rescue. As both characters have a french background there are some sweet scenes with french phrases that made the story feel very authentic. From start to finish, I was invested in this charming and heartwarming romance. It’s definitely one of my favorite reads this year.

Note: a copy of this story was provided by the author for review.

This review appears as a blog post at: https://straightshootinbookreviews.co...
Profile Image for Selma.
485 reviews80 followers
July 23, 2016
I've loved all of the English Brothers and Winslows books dearly and was eagerly awaiting for the series to continue with the Rousseau siblings. Jonquils for Jax was another beautiful and touching Blueberry Lane story. It's indeed the perfect summer read! It will make you laugh, swoon and even shed a few tears. In the end you will be left with a huge smile on your face and your heart full of happiness. I'm craving books like this one that allow me to escape the grim reality of everyday life for a few hours.

Jacqueline (Jax) Rousseau runs literally into Gardener (Gard) Thibodeaux during her brother's wedding while trying to avoid a drunken guest's advances. She is fascinated by her neighbour's new gardener from the first moment she lays eyes on him. He is very handsome but has a gruff side to him that somehow intrigues and repels her at the same time. Jax is not used to men like Gard. She grew up with rich and polished heirs who enjoyed going to social events but were also terribly boring. Jax flirts with him but Gard shows no interest to take it any further, much to her disappointment. She offers him her friendship and asks him to teach her some self-defense moves. Jax had some unpleasant encounters with paparazzi lately. Who would therefore be a better teacher than an ex-cop? Gard is not very happy about that idea since he can't get her emerald eyes and hot body out of his mind from the night they met each other. He knows that he is not the right man for a woman like Jax Rousseau - a successful Hollywood film producer. She is too much trouble for someone who is supposed to be rebuilding his life into a calm and stable place. But the more time they spend together the more they start to develop deep feelings for each other that go far beyond friendship ...

I loved Jax. She is usually a spitfire, wild and sassy. But there is also a vulnerable side to her. She has a heart of gold and is luckily not a snobby rich woman like her mother. Jax has a great relationship with her siblings, especially with her twin sister Madeleine (Mad). Katy Regnery managed to portray their special bond perfectly. I'm a twin myself and know that the love you feel for your other half is something only a few people can understand. Gardener was a wonderful and swoon-worthy hero. He is protective, honorable and caring. He loved his 'duchess' with all his heart and went to great lenghts to make her happy. Jax and Gard's chemistry was sizzling hot. The passion between them nearly set my kindle on fire. I loved it when Gard talked in French to Jax. It was sexy and romantic and made my heart beat faster.

"Jacqueline, mon coeur ne bat que pour toi."
My heart beats only for you.
"Love me."

I highly recommend this 5 stars book not only to Blueberry Lane fans but also to people who didn't have the pleasure to read any of Katy Regnery's books yet. She is an amazingly talented author who knows how to write beautiful romance. I can't wait for Mad's book after reading a short excerpt from her story as a bonus scene. I know that it's going to be great just like this one!
Profile Image for Sejla.
543 reviews51 followers
July 23, 2016
5 stars

As a huge fan of Katy Regnery's Blueberry Lane series I was excited beyond words  for Jonquils for Jax (The Rousseaus #1). As soon as it hit my kindle I started to read it and couldn't put it down until I've reached the end. I was swooning throughout the whole book and was once again reminded why I adore this author. Katy knows how to write a beautiful love story that will touch you deeply and never let you go. I loved all the French words and phrases in this book and every time I came across them my heart filled with love and happiness making me fall more and more for Jax and her Gardener.

On the outside Jacqueline “Jax” Rousseau seems to have it all: she is beautiful, smart, rich and successful. Only in terms of love she has no luck at all. She used to date all the "right people" (well-bred guys from good Philadelphia families) but they all only managed to disappoint her. Now Jax has sworn off man, at least until she has an unexpected run-in at her brother's wedding with the gorgeous Gardener Pierre Thibodeaux. Gard is an ex-cop who had to quit his profession because he was injured on a mission. Now he is her neighbor’s new landscaper, living in a cottage at Haverford Park and rebuilding his life into a calm, safe place. Since Jax won an Oscar for her re-make of the Philladelphia Story she is followed by paparazzi everywhere. In order to feel safe again she decides to take self-defense classes. But she doesn't want any instructor, she wants Gard...

Will these two people who are both hiding from the world find happiness and love in each others arms? In order to find out you need to read this amazing book.

Gard and Jax were both such loveable characters. I loved how protective and gentle Gard was towards his duchess (his nickname for Jax). He is such an honorable man!

Jax was beautiful inside and out. Even though she was raised in wealth and luxury she was not a snob. I loved her sizzling chemistry with Gard and her loving relationship with her siblings (especially her twin sister Mad).

JFJ was the perfect summer read and a great addition to the Blueberry Lane series! I highly recommend it and can't wait for the next book "Marry Me Mad" (The Rousseaus #2).
Profile Image for Lisa.
306 reviews27 followers
July 30, 2016
Katy Regnery’s newest family in her beloved Blueberry Lane series will cast a magical spell among lovers of contemporary romance. Each family in the series has had a different feel for me, but the mood for “Jonquils For Jax” can only be described as “MAGICAL.”

Even though our introduction of Gard shows him as a strong protector, his personal challenges in particular, were completely endearing to me. While he is no less the alpha hero that I’ve come to appreciate in this series, there’s a gentility to Gard that has given him a special place in my heart among all of the book boyfriends I’ve come to adore.

“He’d recognize her voice till the day he died. His brain had already found a safe place for its keeping.”

My fondness for Jax’s character was unexpected for me. While she grew up in a life of privilege, she is in no way a snob. She’s sassy and smart and REAL! Her recent experience with the media has left her weary and cocooned in the safety behind the gates on Blueberry Lane. From their very first meeting, there was an immediate, but quiet chemistry among “two injured birds still wishing they could fly.” Gard becomes the only person who can draw her out so she can spread her wings again.

I’m a fan of all types of romance, but for me, the Blueberry Lane series has been the series that I consistently recommend and regard has the gold standard for contemporary and classic romance. The endearing characters, beautifully written/sometimes poetic prose, and well-paced plotlines leave me smiling and sighing all the way until I read the words “THE END” in each and every book. Even though each book can be enjoyed as a stand-alone, it is easy to become addicted to this series by picking up any book throughout the series. The anticipation of seeing what’s in store for the next book’s characters has made me a Katy Regnery fangirl for the past 2 years!
Profile Image for 1-Click Addict Support Group.
3,749 reviews442 followers
August 4, 2016
There are few things I love more than falling into a Katy Regnery book. There are some things that are guaranteed, every time—sweetness, beautiful storytelling, stunning imagery, and fathomless romance.

It sounds like I’m exaggerating right?

I don’t really think that I am. I feel like these things are consistently true in Ms. Regnery’s work, and Jonquils for Jax falls right in line.

It’s the careful, beautiful, sensual word selection—the way she describes a kiss is powerful enough to steal my breath and have me fanning my face because…whoa. The way she can wrap you up in one exquisite moment that feels like falling in love, and then repeat that over and over again through the course of a book. It doesn’t matter if it’s a heavy book or a lighthearted “palate cleanser”—the result is the same. I sit here smiling, sated, heart overflowing with love for these beautifully damaged characters.

And they are beautiful. And they are damaged. But holy Hannah, Jax and Gard were amazing together—tender, heartwarming, brimming with sexual tension. I loved how they loved each other. I loved how they fought for each other. I loved how they fit into each other’s worlds, against all odds and past several obstacles. This was just the perfect book for my heart, the perfect book to while away a summer day.

I loved, well, everything. The romance, the friendships (old and new), the Rousseau siblings. This first book in the Rousseaus series felt like coming home to Blueberry Lane. If you loved the English brothers, and the Winslows, you will easily love Jax and Gard. And if you haven’t met any Blueberry Lane residents yet, this is an easy, perfect place to start! Just be prepared to lose your heart (in the very best way imaginable). ~ Shelly, 5 stars
Profile Image for Marie Vasquez.
1,598 reviews73 followers
August 9, 2016
I think I just set the world record for sighing and swooning. Oh my! This is one of the sweetest stories I've read this year. That's what I love about Katy Regnery's work. The romance is so dreamy and epic, and she just increases that bar with each new story she shared with readers.

Jacqueline Rousseau and Gardner Thibodeaux are just the cutest, sweetest and sexiest characters. I loved their instant connection. Shoot I was instantly in lust with Gardner, myself. The amount of angst was off the charts. I loved that they took things slowly and I loved how they pushed each other to open up.

But not only do they have to address their ever growing feelings for each other, but Jax has to battle her fears and dreams of what she wants in life; while Gard still comes to terms with his injuries from his past job. I adored the fact that Gard wasn't some flawless hunk that comes in a swoops in like a night in shining armor. He isn't perfect and is just as vulnerable as Jax, but they are so perfect for each other that they can see through those invisible barriers between each other and know what the other needs. Their connection is so deep and pure. I want my very own Gardner.

Jonquils for Jax wasn't just a love story between two characters. It was about love crossing boundaries by the stigma of upper class society. It's about judging a person by outward appearances or preconceived notions. True love sees no walls, no class and certainly knows no bounds...especially for Jacqueline and Gardner.

Another amazing HEA for the residents of Blueberry Lane!!
14 reviews
August 5, 2016
when one becomes a fan of an artist, there is a certain anxiety that comes with any new creation.. whether it be art, writing or drawing... I have been a huge fan of Katy Regnery for quite a while and I certainly call her an artist of story telling.. Her Blueberry Lane series has continued to give us, the reader an exciting reader experience. Jonquils for Jax her latest instalment is another massive 5 star hit with me and I have to say when I read the last line between Jax and Gard, I wanted more. I wanted this love story to continue and I wanted to jump into the world of this series and make it my reality. .. In a time when everyone is chasing Pokemon in a fake virtual reality , I myself couldn't be more happier and complete than being lost in a katy Regnery book... So with that I recommend this story for everyone to read but also I recommend that everyone soaks up every story , every line that katy writes. Because I know whatever she produces to her fans it will never disappoint for a true artist who has perfected their craft never will fail...
Profile Image for Susan (susayq ~).
2,058 reviews120 followers
August 19, 2016
Ahhh I loved this. A rich girl with insecurity issues and an ex-cop who is now a part time gardener fall in love. But is the gardener, who's name is Gardener, all that he shows the world? ( Like Jax, I had to laugh at Gard's parents ideas for names for their children LOL). Gard showed Jax how to take the pieces of her life that she liked and to make something for herself with them. And what Gard did at the end? Perfect!

I am DYING to read Mad's story! She's got something going on and she isn't fessing up. I can't wait to see what it is. The glimpse into the life of the English and Winslow families made me want to read all their books too :)

*thanks to Rock Star Lit for sharing a copy of this in exchange for an honest review*
August 17, 2016
*I received an ARC from Rock Star PR in exchange for an honest review*

Thank you so very much Rock Star PR for sending me a copy of Jonquils for Jax!!! I am honored and grateful!! :)

5 Beautiful and Heartwarming Stars!!

This was my second time reading Ms.Regnery's work and if it's possible I loved this one even more than I did the first one! Jonquils for Jax was a beautiful read of how two people from different walks of life meet unexpectedly in the night and differences aside they can't deny the desire to know each other. The story never dragged and I easily got hooked into the worlds of both of the main characters. It's told in Dual Point of Views which made me so incredibly happy!! It deals with realistic situations that are bound to touch readers hearts and cause many tears as well. Self Discovery , Secrets, Friendship ,and Attraction all collide in this wonderful tale!! Ms.Regnery once again created one heck of a novel that I won't soon forget!! I can't wait to read more of the rest of The Blueberry Lane Series!! :)

There are so many quotes from this book that I adored but this one stuck with me the most - "Sometimes keeping someone safe was about keeping their heart safe and making their life easier."

Friendship has never been more complicated . . .

Jacqueline "Jax" Rousseau was a character that was a famous Producer who hated the limelight and everything that came along with it. Being at a crossroads in her life life wasn't easy and quite terrifying to say the least. When she meets a handsome stranger in a moonlight garden she never expected her world to change. During the beginning I disliked how uppity she was and her attitude in general. As things progressed i was happy to discover a different side to her and understand her more clearly. I loved her relationships with her siblings especially her sister Mad! I admired her eye for a great script and how she was always up for learning new things. In the end I hoped she'd be living her dream and she would take a chance on everything that is love.

Gardener Thibodeaux was a character who worked as a landscaper. Having to walk away from a job he loved was something he never thought he'd have to do. Memories haunted him daily. When he rescues a beautiful woman who pushed every single one his buttons he never thought it would lead to a friendship. With every turn of the page I couldn't help but want to learn more about this mysterious and sexy man. It broke my heart when I learned of what he went through. During certain parts I wish I could have shook some sense into him. I adored his jokes and his amazing heart. I swear I could hear his hot accent while reading too. In the end I hoped he would open up more and not turn away from the idea of loving someone.

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a read that's all kinds of sweet with a depth that will have you gripping your kindle and holding a hand over your heart. It shows the true meaning of friendship and family. I related to how the heroine had non idea what she wanted in life and other things as well. I really need to purchase a physical copy of this novel to have on my book shelf!! The struggles and the pain both characters go through struck me so much I was an emotional mess. I wish Gard called me Duchess! I can't wait until October when Marry Me Mad comes out!! This story makes me want to plant some Jonquils , overcome the odds, follow my dreams, and have a friendship turn into something beautiful. If you haven't already One-Clicked Buy it Today!! I promise you won't regret it!! 5 Stars all around!! :)
Profile Image for Jae Mod.
1,716 reviews233 followers
July 29, 2016
****Arc provided by author for a honest review****

I feel the need to ask you if you have read a book by Katy Regnery? If the answer is yes. You are in for a new summer favorite. A bestseller. If your answer is no. You have to read her work. I'm ecstatic to introduce you to her. Katy Regnery is a goddess with words. She is phenomenal with words. Every book of hers makes their way from my TBR list to my phone. You can never go wrong in reading a book from Katy Regnery. From her rendition of fairytales in her Modern Fairytale Series, "The Vixen and the Vet". Or her ever growing Blueberry Lane Series, "Breaking Up With Barrett". You will surely find one of her novels to your liking.

When I found out Katy was planning on her next project involving the Blueberry Lane gang, I was ecstatic. And for it to be the Rousseaus Series. I was over the freaking moon. I couldn't wait to read it. It's awe inspiring how much dedication, and research Katy invest into her novels. And Jonquils For Jax is no exception. How effortlessly she used another language throughout Jacqueline and Gardener's dialogue is truly remarkable.

description

God, I fell in love with Gardener. Gardener Pierre Thibodeaux is truly a great addition to the men of Blueberry Lane. He commands the stage, with his rugged manners, and gentle touch. Gardener captivated my love for him and Jacqueline from their first meeting. I envy their love story. I live for Blueberry Lane, I live for a love like Jacqueline and Gardener.

Jacqueline "Jax" Rousseau, walks into our lives the moment she walks away from her brother's wedding party. In her haste getaway, Jax is captivated by her neighbor's estate gardens. As well as the temporary gardener attending them. With high society running through her veins, meeting a man like Gardener Pierre Thibodeaux, she didn't know what she was getting into. Her life involves balls, polished heels, pearls dripping around her perfumed neck. Her kind of life didn't have room for a blue collar man like Gardener.

Gardener Pierre Thibodeaux, didn't know what to make of a woman like Duchess. Or more importantly what did she see in him? Gardener wasn't the champagne drinking, wearing the penguin suit type. Nope. Gardener was the scuff boots wearing, chasing perps down the broken streets of Philly.

He knew where he belonged, among the flowers in the garden.
While Jacqueline belonged admiring them in a vase in Le Chateau.

I found one of my favorite quotes that to me gives a sense to Gardener. The way their love can capture you way beyond the pages. Everyone has a person who loves them for who they are; for the person they have yet to become. The struggles you face, the insecurities of your worth. How you perceive if you are good enough to love someone.

Jonquils For Jax is a phenomenal book. One I am privileged to say I read. One I hope you take to heart. One I hope you enjoy as much as I have. Because each book of Katy Regnery finds their mark, and seals themselves to my soul. 5 burning stars*****

Reviewed by Lindsey W.
Profile Image for Kim.
2,431 reviews149 followers
July 31, 2016

A midnight interlude creates a budding attraction between two very different people. Jacqueline “Jax” Rousseau is the multi-millionaire Princess who has carved out a career in her own right, but it comes with public interest and a lack of privacy.

Gardener Thibodeaux is working as a gardener on a neighboring estate. He is starting over with some challenges that he does not like to advertise.

They are both a little lost after changes in their lives and hiding out on Blueberry Lane, but they find themselves in close proximity and with a growing interest.

She's sassy, bossy, spirited, and a bit anxious. He's grumpy distant, sexy, and protective. She is tempting him, but he knows it is not a good idea. And she does not do well with rejection. These two lost souls find themselves connecting despite their differences and uncertain futures.

I loved Jax's spirit and how she treated Gard. She understood what he needed and tried to let him keep his pride. And Gard's vulnerability really touched me. He had struggles and at times felt like less of a man due to circumstances. But he had so many great qualities about him and was a unique hero. I loved getting more of his humor and softer side as he got more comfortable. I totally fell for him. They had great chemistry and rapport. I just adored this pairing.

I enjoyed their dual points of view. Their changing into French at times even though hers was more Parisian and his was Cajun was sexy. I loved how they crashed into each other's broken lives and started to make pieces fit back together in a whole new way that they never expected. They definitely had some challenges and situations to face, but it was not overly angsty. It was just the right amount of heartbreak and drama with a side of sweet and sexy.

I enjoyed her relationship with her siblings Etienne (Kiss Me Kate), J.C., and her twin, Mad, and with some of the beloved characters from this long standing series. These books are easy to get pulled into and have just enough drama to make them interesting, but have a large percentage of fun, flirting, and swooning. They are comfy reads and I feel right at home on Blueberry Lane with my old friends. I am looking forward to the next two books about her siblings Mad and J.C..
Profile Image for Jaime Fiction Fangirls.
1,578 reviews147 followers
August 9, 2016
4.5
Katy Regnery writes two kinds of books. The first being her angsty, emotional, heart-breaking Fairytales that will tear your heart to pieces and then slowly and carefully put it back together again. The second being her palette cleansing romances that are perfect for picking up between those other angsty, heartbreaking stories. The Blueberry Lane series books are the perfect series to read to make your face, and heart, smile.

Jonquils for Jax is another great addition to this series and was the perfect read for me to curl up next to the campfire and read during my family vacay.

I love the way that Katy writes characters like Jax and Gardener who are far more than what meets the eye. I am crazy about the fact that the characters from Blueberry Lane are each multi-millionaires but are always down to earth, hard-working people who don't take their wealth for granted by flaunting and abusing it. Perhaps my favorite part of the stories is how Katy pairs up the characters with people who are usually their polar opposites but really are made for each other in each and every way.

Gardener Thibodeaux, how could you not fall in love with this gruff, sweet, sexy man? Even his insecurities about how his life was turning out was endearing and relatable.

Jax was the epitome of why it's so easy to fall in love with the characters that Katy creates. In most other romances she would be the villain. The woman we love to hate, the woman who has it all. Looks, power, money and a fantastic lifestyle. Why can't I hate her? Probably because she's not a big fan of certain aspects of the "lifestyle" and because despite the protests from her mother, she's going after everything she wants and her happiness is based on her terms.

Together Jax and Gardener were perfection. They fell for each other very quickly but it never felt rushed or wrong. Sometimes people just have that connection and it works.

If you're looking for a simple, sweet, fun romance to enjoy between emotional roller coasters, this is a must read. The whole series is, really.

*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review
Profile Image for Rachel.
1,415 reviews24 followers
August 3, 2016

Jacqueline “Jax” Rousseau is hiding out at her family’s estate after the loss of her privacy in L.A. She loves Le Chateau and the time to relax and reassess her career options.

When she bumps into the new gardener next door, the sparks fly despite their different appearances. After a change in career, Gardener Thibodeaux is adjusting to changes in his life he hadn’t expected and wants to keep hidden.

This was a sweet & sexy story from start to finish. The tension builds between Jax and Gard as they try out friendship -- setting rules and determining what’s ok between friends -- only serves to ramp up the fire between them.

I love Gard’s actions through the entire book. The journey he travels as he lets go of his own insecurities and learns what Jax wants and needs shows just how devoted he is to her. He surprised me with just how much he was hiding, and I loved the way he exposed the last of his secrets to Jax. He is one of those steady characters that make it easy to love them, even as he is dealing with his own internal conflicts.

Jax also has a journey as she determines what her next steps will be. I love that even though she isn’t sure how to get from where she is to where she wants to be, she knows what she wants.

This is a great continuation of the Blueberry Lane series. There are a lot of characters and family dynamics to track, but there is enough background dropped to keep things straight. Most of the attention is on the three single Rousseaux siblings -- Jax, Mad, and J.C. Etienne, while no longer single, is also a regular presence in the story. Mad is up next, and she definitely has something going on.

I was gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Jenny - Book Sojourner.
1,372 reviews169 followers
August 2, 2016
Jax and Gard's story was just the sweet romance I was hoping for. It was only natural for me to fall in love with this couple. One of the things I admire about Katy Regnery's writing is the incredible characters she creates and portrays. Jax and Gard are no exception.

Jacqueline "Jax" Rousseau and Gardener "Gard" Lenox unexpectedly meet in the moonlight, of all things. Both are searching for their place in life. Both had lives that seemed clear-cut for their futures, and yet here they are, each a little lost, seeking to define their lives once again. Is it coincidence or kismet that they should figure out their lives together? I say they were simply fated to find each other, and in that fate, find themselves.

Without giving away too much of the story, I simply want to say that I loved Jax and Gard. What a special couple they were. I loved how they grew together and strengthened one another. They were the perfect match for the other. It was very easy for me to get wrapped up in their story and I flew through the pages. In fact, I only wished there was more because I enjoyed it so much. I could have read many more pages of Jax and Gard. I'm hoping for more glimpses of them in the rest of the Rousseau series.
Profile Image for Becky.
10 reviews8 followers
August 5, 2016
This series is such a wonderful series I totally fell in love with these characters right away Katy just has such a magic way of doing that for her readers once you start one of her books you can't put it down ever
This is the beautiful love story of Jax and Gardener first becoming friends Jax has moved home to get out of the spotlight of Hollywood and every time he called her duchess melts my heart and then slowly falling deeply in love even though they both come from different aspects of life that never affects them at all one thing I loved about Jax she is a very passionate person and would not let her mother rule her life she knew what she wanted and goes for it she is a well known movie producer she never let Gards problems affect her not for one second she fell in love with the beautiful caring person he is but with the hero he is he has had a tough life to me this is such a beautiful love story with so many feels
I totally enjoyed the French sayings and how she helped him cook the delescious gumbo a man of many talents and I absolutely loved still hearing about the other characters from this series I very highly recommend this book:)
Profile Image for Nicole.
117 reviews
August 5, 2016
What's between us?? Nothing.. Run for it..
And trust me you're going to want to run and get this book.
I always gauge my books in the emotion it brings out in me. And boy did I connect to this book.. On so many levels.
I fell in love with Gard. His vulnerability is palpable. His strength and his emotion is just as much. I love how Jax is with Gard. I love how they interact.
There is an emotional connection you feel right away. At least I did. The funny banter between them brings the laughter just when you need it the most.
There was a moment in this book where I just knew, I was going to fall for Gardner and I did. Boy did I ever!! And you will too. Not only for him but for fiery and fiesty Jax. She has to be my favorite heroine.. Ever!!!
Profile Image for The Book Lover.
2,038 reviews27 followers
August 4, 2016
As usual Miss Regnery gives a heartfelt story that leaves us craving for more! Jax and Garderner were not the exception! from the beginning the banter was exceptional and had me hooked from the start! not to mention that the use of the French Language gave it a sexy tone throughout the entire book! This book had me on the edge of losing my man card thanks to all the tears and swoony moments as I read! Definitely worth the read!!
Profile Image for Tami Talbert.
437 reviews16 followers
July 26, 2016
5+ STARS!!!

A sure sign that at a story has captured my heart is when the characters continue to flit through my mind even after I have finished reading their story. Well Katy Regnery has once again achieved that accomplished with Jonquils for Jax. She has taken me back to her Blueberry Lane series in spectacular fashion. Gardener and Jax intrigued me from the moment they met giving me a deep sense that this couple was going to touch me...and they definitely did.

After being hounded and chased by the paparazzi in California, Jax returns home seeking shelter and privacy. After an unfortunate incident while working in Philadelphia, Gardener has secluded himself to working in the gardens of one of her neighbor’s homes. When Jax unexpectedly runs into Gardener, despite his brusque exterior, she quickly becomes intrigued and can’t seem to get him out of her mind. Although Gardener initially envisions Jax to be a “duchess,” his thoughts likewise seem to return to images of her as well. As they agree to a boundary of friendship, they begin to find a solace with each other which they had never before experienced. Despite the different worlds they come from, both Jax and Gardener begin to sense a mutual attraction that neither of them can ignore which quickly leads their hearts to a love they never expected to find.

Jonquils for Jax is a beautiful and tender love story, and the deep connection and passion Jax and Gardener shared made my heart flutter. From the moment they met, it was as though their souls became intertwined. They seemingly had the ability to read each other’s thoughts and to sense what the other was feeling. This linking of their spirits leads both Jax and Gardener on a path to opening their hearts to one another as they begin to share their fears and feelings despite their own insecurities. I really loved these two souls and how deeply they connected almost as if they were always meant to find each other. There were even a couple of turning points in their story when I just knew that their bond had been solidified.

As I am writing this review, I sit here still with a smile on my face and a bit of a lump in my throat. I don’t know how she does it, but it is as if Katy Regnery can read my thoughts as she knows how to touch my heart with her characters over and over again. I’ve been following...well maybe stalking...Ms. Regnery and her stories since the very first release, and she still continues to wow me each and every time. I have been asked many times which one of her stories is my favorite, and although there are a few that have completely shattered me emotionally (in a good way, of course), I have absolutely loved them all and can now add Jonquils for Jax to that list. Katy Regnery is an enormously creative and talented writer and as long as she continues to write her stories, I shall continue to read them all.
Profile Image for Kahea.
2,002 reviews102 followers
***4.5 ‘Don’t ever look away’ stars***

Talk about dopey smile swoon worthy goodness *le sigh...chuckles*

I swear that every time I pick up a Katy Regnery book that happens, it never fails. Ms. Regnery knows how to write characters that, no matter what their exterior may be, you end up loving and rooting for and gives you a story that has the perfect mix of humor, drama, sweetness and sexyness that keeps you turning the page to find out what will happen next and Jonquils for Jax has all of that and more!

I loved Jax and Gard. You have two people who have had the rug swept out from under them and are trying to find solid ground once again and live life on their terms once more. Jax was a spitfire. She’s sassy and has this need to know every little about a person she’s interested in. She’s outspoken and yet knows when to reel it in. The turn her life took was a shock to her system and though she is ‘hiding out’ on Blueberry Lane, she knows that it’s more than just hiding and just has to figure out how to make things work. Gard, god my heart broke for him at what he’d been living through and having to adjust not only his life goals, but how he goes about with everyday life. But while he could have hidden away from the world, he didn’t. He’s regrouped, though he is a tad bit grumpy and growly though his need to protect overrides any gruffness, and found something that could be what he is looking for and be the start of the next chapter in his life.

I had to laugh the first time that Jax and Gard collide and I have to agree with Jax that Gardener the gardener is ironically funny. But I loved the way that they got under each others skins, Jax with her sassyness and Gard with his gruffness. They are both at a similar crossroads in their lives and I enjoyed how they not only pushed each other to look positively at the future, but supported each other. They were what each other needed and didn’t even know it. Things do happen quickly in their relationship, but it didn’t feel rushed at all. The chemistry was there from the start and it really felt natural as they progressed from strangers to friends to lovers. And I loved how everything came together for them in the end, the road was bumpy, but it was well worth it.

The writing was engaging as always and the dual 3rd person POV was very well done. My one issue, and this is a ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ thing, but the “Tripp situation” pissed me off. I totally understand why it was handled the way it was, trust me, but it still pissed me off. And then there is Liliane Rousseau *big, deep, calming breath* Ms. Regnery..Please, PLEASE tell me we get to experience her reaction to how things ended up?? That woman just...grrrr. But other than those two, I loved the rest of the Rousseau siblings and am totally looking forward to Mad’s book!

~ ARC received from RockStar PR LC in exchange for an honest review ~

Profile Image for Isha Coleman.
6,796 reviews131 followers
October 14, 2016
OUT NOW: JONQUILS FOR JAX (BLUEBERRY LANE - THE ROUSSEAUS) BY KATY REGNERY

READ AND REVIEW

JONQUILS FOR JAX (BLUEBERRY LANE - THE ROUSSEAUS) BY KATY REGNERY

Release Date:  August 5, 2016

SYNOPSIS

Did you fall in love with The English Brothers? Were you hot for the Winslows?Katy Regnery's Blueberry Lane series continues with The Rousseau siblings!Jacqueline “Jax” Rousseau is vivacious, rich, smart and beautiful…but that doesn’t mean she’s lucky in love: she’s dated doctors, lawyers, actors and politicians who’ve all managed to end up disappointing her. In fact, she’s on a self-imposed hiatus from love when she has an unpleasant run-in with her neighbor’s gorgeous new landscaper, Gardener Lenox. Jax is not accustomed to gruff, ill-mannered men that can’t be charmed, but something about Gard intrigues her, and if she can find her way through the armor that surrounds his heart, she also might find a love that won’t let her down.

BUY LINKS

Amazon         B & N        Google Play Books       IBooks        Kobo

REVIEW:  JONQUILS FOR JAX (BLUEBERRY LANE - THE ROUSSEAUS) BY KATY REGNERY

Jonquils for Jax by Katy RegneryMy rating: 5 of 5 starsARC Review: Jonquils for Jax (Blueberry Lane - The Rousseaus) by Katy RegneryWith any story whether horror, drama, romance, etc. there is always one scene that triggers the imagination and is hard to let go of over time. For me that was the moonlight garden scene the night Gardner and Jax met. What a first impression. The glowing flowers, the beautiful surroundings, an air of mystery mixed with the magic of simmering attraction. That one scene set the tone for the rest of the story. Gard is a paradox. He enjoys and creates beauty with an artists touch but knows that ugliness can be wrapped in beautiful trappings. Jax has a curiosity for the unknown. It tends to get her into troubling situations but her scars are hidden below her cultured upbringing and have made her wary and determined. Jonquils for Jax is just another reason why Ms. Regnery is a favorite author of mine. She uses a pen like an artist uses a brush. Her stories are born from her love of beauty and becomes more obvious every stroke.View all my reviews

Displaying 1 - 30 of 187 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.