Start by marking “Falling to Pieces (Fate and Circumstance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling to Pieces (Fate and Circumstance, #1)

Falling to Pieces

(Fate and Circumstance #1)

How do you repair a broken life?

Home is a dark place of anguish and pain for seventeen-year-old Bree Jacobs, forced to endure emotional and physical torment daily at the hands of a violently unstable mother. Bree’s only escape is high school, particularly her history class taught by young, handsome, kind and caring Axel Taylor. Mr. Taylor becomes Bree’s dearest friend, a s
Paperback, 1st Edition, 462 pages
Published October 29th 2015 by CreateSpace

Start your review of Falling to Pieces (Fate and Circumstance, #1)
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Stars

Full review posted:

[image error]

Trying to rate this book has kind of stumped me. I really liked the first half which is six years in the past. Bree and her new American history teacher’s friendship and fall into love was well written and well done.

”He was my only friend. He was the only person who ever cared about me. I couldn’t lose him so soon.”

When Axel shares his feelings for Bree the lines of friendship try to stand tall but their connection just continues to grow.

”Tell m
~♡AB♡~
★★ 2.5 Stars ★★

I am so disappointed that I didn't love this book, because this author has talent and I really did try to see all the positives in this book but in the end I have to be honest and say that it really didn't work for me at all, even though it started off really well.

Bree is a sixteen, almost 17 year old high school student who lives with her abusive mother and is a loner, extremely lacking in confidence but mature for her years and very bright.

Axel Taylor is her 25 year old histor
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
**༻Complimentary Copy༺** Provided by the author "Leddy Harper" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Falling to Pieces
AUTHOR: Leddy Harper
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: November 18th 2015

MY RATING: 4 STARS

I have to be honest I don't think I've read a teacher/student book before (shocker right)!! Soooo I don't really know what to expect..Ekkkkkk

La-Lionne
Nov 19, 2015 marked it as to-read
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Oct 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
description

✯✯✯1/2 Stars

‘We had the power to save each other…yet we also had the ability to bring the other to their knees. When you have love as strong as ours, it can be amazing, powerful, life-changing. It can also be devastating, crippling, and destructive. It’s all in how you take care of it.’

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

3 1/2 Stars

One thing’s a definite; Leddy Harper sure can write a beautiful story. There were many parts of Axel and Bree’s journey that had us so compelled and caught up in the emotional heart tugging moments which were so v
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Full review to come later...

+++3 Stars+++
Sarah Nickles
OMG. I am soooooo in love. I'm in love with Axel, I'm in love with this story. I can't wait for everyone to be able to one click November 18th.

This story pierced itself into my heart and has no intention of ever leaving. It is one of those books that gets all of your emotions flowing and keeps you turning the pages. Luckily for you guys you get the entire book all put together. I on the other hand was tortured between every few chapters.

Bree is a beautiful soul, purely genuine who doesn't give
Sybil aka Lala
Nov 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Bree is a seventeen-yr-old who is completely friendless and alone. She suffers neglect and both physical and mental abuse by the hands of her mother. When Axel arrives at school he seems to be the only person in her life who shows this sad girl any care. They form a tentative friendship that slowly begins to evolve into something more with Axel repeatedly crossing the teacher-student line. When their secret gets out, Axel loses everything and Bree is left alone again.

The book is told in parts.
Sonja
Nov 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2015
I had some preconceived ideas about this story but this book really surprised me. The book is divided into two parts, the present and the past, 6 years before that.

Bree and Axel met when he started teaching in her class, and soon they developed a friendship that over time blossomed into love. They tried to fight it and keep it platonic because he was her teacher and their relationship was forbidden, but there's no escaping love.

The book is written in dual POV, the past is told from Bree's POV a
❤️Melanie G.
Oct 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I have to say this book started off strong and then just fell flat. The first half kept you wondering what was going on/happen then blah. You could feel the chemistry also in the beginning and that to feel flat.

This book had so much potential but just didn't pull it off.
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE teacher student romances. I was so thrilled to start reading this one but I realized rather quickly that this book was not working for me. I struggled with connecting with Aubrey, I found her completely unrelatable, often obnoxious and overly dramatic. That combined with how wordy the book is and the excessive inner monologue, I found myself skimming just to get through. The dialogue between Aubrey and her teacher lacked believability from their very first interaction. I'm a rea ...more
Brit
Release Date: November 18th, 2015
Date Read: November 22nd, 2015
Overall Rating: 3 Stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is my first novel I've read by Leddy Harper and I enjoyed it. I'm not really surprised, I love forbidden love novels and this was just what I needed to get me out of my book funk. I loved th
Hbiba
Jan 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
(view spoiler) ...more
Amy
Nov 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Falling to Pieces
Leddy Harper

So .. I have to be really honest about this book – being a teacher Im just having an issue wrapping my head around this. As a female the thought of finding a student attractive is just no. . . especially a 17 year old boy. HELL TO THE NO! But if that is your thing then this is for sure the book for you.

Bree Jacobs endures abuse at the hands of a violent and extremely unstable mother. Home is the last place she wants to be .. ever especially when her mothe
Three Chicks
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars by Jen Skewes

I love the story of a forbidden romance between two characters and I love second chances at love even more. So of course I was so excited to read Falling to Pieces. This book was a bit different than what I had honestly expected but that is a really good thing. I loved it! It was beautiful, at times emotional and just an amazing story. But it wasn’t the taboo relationship or even the second chance love story that I loved so much. It was the two main characters. It was the
Kris (frantic4romantic)
3-3.5 stars.

The plot twist were good. Loved their relationship, but the first half of the book kind of took to long and the semiconductor half was too short.

I loved the story, it was just the pace for me that didn’t make me LOVE it.
April Symes
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG, this was such an emotional and touching piece of writing that at times I had to stop and take a breath. I could feel the MC pain and I could feel the love that they had for each other. I am one of those who loves a teacher/student storyline and when I heard that this is what the book was about, I was all for it. I expected it to be a hot read and this was so different than that. Oh there were hot and sexy moments but really this was more of an emotional read.
Bree Jacobs’s home life was a da
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love a teacher/student book even though many find it taboo but, let me tell you, this was more than that. I loved how I got to see the past as well as the present day, to help me better understand where each one is coming from.

Axel and Aubrey (Bree) had an instant connection. It's not because of the way many think, but because of what Axel saw in her. Aubrey's family life had me cringing but, most of all, my heart was breaking for her because NO ONE deserves to live through what she had to li
aniryllis
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, in-english
The writing was definitely not for me. The whole outline was wrong (imo). The entire flashback part was just too long and dragging. I never liked flashbacks, but for them to be ALL together and occupy 60, 70% of the book?! It was pure torture.

And I really hated how the author wanted us to believe (view spoiler) and how it was written like a freaking useless plot "twist"... *eye roll*

This doesn't get 1 star because the things I wanted actually happened (for once
This was a 3.5 star read for me. The first half of the book is told from Aubrey's pov. Although it helped me to see everything she was going through and appreciate that she was mature for her age, I still kept thinking of her story from a parents perspective. Having the second part of the book told from Axel's pov really helped me enjoy the book more. It helped me understand his characters thoughts and feelings more and not judge him too harshly. Overall I did enjoy this novel and will continue ...more
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-read
I'm just a fan of student/teacher stories. What does that say about me!!! That being said, I really enjoyed this one! It could be a bit wordy at times, but I was okay with that. I hope everyone else likes it too. ...more
Michelle Rodriguez
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Falling to Pieces Stars.

*An ARC was provided for an honest review.
Jen
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.. This is a forbidden teacher/ student love story. It's heartfelt and full of emotion. I really liked it. ...more
♠️♥️Amy♦️♣️
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.
Georgina Parkin
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I received an ARC for an honest review.

Firstly let me star off by saying, I cannot give this five stars even though I couldn't put it down because it's very, very dramatic. So if you don't like books like that, I wouldn't even try reading this. There hero and heroine are constantly fighting, making assumptions and at times it gets a little bit like too repetitive of the fact they can't seem to be happy and get their shit together I guess?

It's a student/teacher romance. She's 17 and he's 24 for t
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
**Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review**

Another five star read from this author!!

This is the second book I read from this author and I have to say that she really knows how to make my emotions go all over the place with her books. I have to say that her writing really hits me right in the heart and her stories are so heartfelt and they hit me deep.

This story is about a girl who feels like she has no one in the world. Her dad abandoned her when she was only 11 years old and her mother
Angela DeMarco
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
***Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.***

Aubrey "Bree" Jacobs is a seventeen year old high school student who has a rough life, she forced on a daily basis to endure emotional and physical torment by the one person in life, her mother the person who's suppose to love and protect you at all her cost. Bree's mother is violent and very unstable.
Bree is a loner she keeps to herself not one to have any friends to confide in, she goes to school and comes home,
Shelley
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Falling to Pieces has all of the elements that make a student/teacher romance so appealing. With any forbidden romance, we are drawn to the illicit nature of it. We are intrigued by a love story that develops under circumstances that society doesn’t condone. It’s the threat and fear of the couple’s relationship being discovered that keeps us riveted to the pages of their story.

Bree is a character that you can’t help but feel for. Her life has been filled with sadness, loneliness, and abuse. Whi
Lianne Anta
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow. But WOW this is one read I will never forget!

Ok so here it goes, sometimes there are books that just touch you and move you, books you can relate to and books that you just can't put down. This book my friends is all of the above.

I absolutely fell in love with this book and Leddy's writing. You really Feel the emotions with this book, I laughed, ugly cried and just all in all got lost In this beautiful story.

Falling to pieces is a student/teacher book but what I love about it
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Impact
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • Renner's Rules
  • Return to Us
  • Black Rainbow (Rainbows, #1)
  • Burnout
  • His Father
  • He Saw Me First (Age & Innocence, #1)
  • Dare You To Hate Me
  • Beautiful Monster
  • Absinthe
  • Defy Fate (Fated Duet, #1)
  • The Truth about Tomorrow
  • Little Dove
Leddy Harper had to use her imagination often as a child. She grew up the only girl in a house full of boys. At the age of fourteen, she decided to use that imagination and wrote her first book, and never stopped.

She often calls writing her therapy, using it as a way to deal with issues through the eyes of her characters.
The decision to publish her first book was made as a way of showing her chil

Fate and Circumstance (2 books)
  • Take Your Time (Fate and Circumstance, #2)

News & Interviews