Start by marking “Bad Apples 2: Six Slices of Halloween Horror” as Want to Read:

Bad Apples 2: Six Slices of Halloween Horror

The minds behind the bestselling BAD APPLES: FIVE SLICES OF HALLOWEEN HORROR return this October with another batch of frightful fare. This time, they brought along a friend - Bram Stoker Award-winning author Kealan Patrick Burke!

Dive into the season with these six Halloween treats:

• Two boys enter a Halloween attraction that holds a devilish secret - but one of the boys h
Published October 5th 2015 by Corpus Press (first published October 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Apples 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Apples 2

Zoeytron
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Apples. They're not just for dinner anymore. For your Halloween consideration, here are six tales to make you tingle.

Halloweekend by Edward Lorn Easter egg Nirvana. A house of horror is home sweet home to some of those creepy old-fashioned animatronics. Remember the fortuneteller in the box? We had one at our local nickel arcade and she was creepy as all get out. This one is beautiful, and she has a sweet tooth. '...see what makes me tick.'

Candie Apple by Evans Light Bobbing for apples may lose
Paul Nelson
The Bad Apples crew are back with their second Halloween collection and they've added Kealan Patrick Burke to the mix, an assortment of six leading lights and promising voices in the world of horror.

First up is Edward Lorn with Halloweekend, Dean Laymon opens the Horror House every year at Halloween for the visitors but a stroke prevents him this year and with no-one to feed the animatronics. Things aren't looking too good for the neighbourhood closest to Horror House, in fact what better night
Bark
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
This is gonna be short because I’m lazy.

Bad Apples 2 is another solid selection of little horror vignettes that every horror fan should read right about now.

Ed Lorn’s Halloweekend takes us to visit a haunted attraction whose owner has passed away. Now the attractions have no guidance and are left to fend for themselves and the results aren’t pretty, folks. Carnage ensues. Lots and lots of carnage. 4*

Candie Apple by Evans Light is a creepy and tragic tale about love and loss. I knew there was a r
Kimberly
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
BAD APPLES (2014) was one of the best Halloween collections I read last year, so I was very eager to grab a copy of BAD APPLES 2, this year. Added to the author lineup in 2015 is Kealan Patrick Burke, making this book six stories, instead of last year's five. Overall, a fantastic collection (once again), and one that I'm sure will be re-read many times in the future. There were two stories in this version that I had previously read; however, one of them was a particularly apt choice for the them ...more
Steve
4 stars

Another great anthology from the Bad Apples gang. I'm really hoping this becomes an annual publishing event.

Halloweekend (Edward Lorn) - 4 stars. What happens when a local "haunted house" owner passes away?

Candie Apple (Evans Light) - 4 stars. What's wrong with wanting the family together for a holiday? Some great DIY safety tips with this one! ;)

Dia de los Muertos (Jason Parent) - 5 stars. The most impactful story of this anthology, with an outstanding twist on an old tale.

Tommy Rotten
Thomas Strömquist
Finally, I got around to one in this series! I was going to say that I don't know what took me so long, but when I think about it, the main reason I did get around to it was that it was marked down this Halloween (when there was a part 3), so I guess I'm just cheap... I'm really glad I jumped at it though, because this was a very good one and a nice introduction to a few authors.

The book kicks off with Edward Lorn, who delivers in unmistakable and great style - Halloweekend tells the story of t
Kaisersoze
What do you do when you're a collective group of five (predominantly) horror writers who released an excellent series of shorts last Halloween and called said collection Bad Apples: Five Slices of Halloween Horror? Well, obviously, you release another collection, only in keeping with the tradition of sequels across mediums you make it bigger! And call it Bad Apples 2: Electric Boogaloo, because you recognise the incontrovertible truth that ALL second sequels should have this post-colon title.

Oh,
Michael Hicks
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bought
Bad Apples 2: Six Slices of Halloween Horror is a follow-up to last year's Halloween-themed anthology and features the same authors as before, but with one new addition. Joining this cool little writer's troupe is Kealan Patrick Burke, who certainly wins points for atmospheric style with his short story "The One Night of the Year."

I found the first Bad Apples collection to be a perfect seasonal read in the evenings leading up to Halloween, so jumping on board for a second helping was a no braine
Andi Rawson
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review of Bad Apples 2: Six Slices of Halloween Horror Excellent Halloween anthology from some of the nicest guys I know and some stellar authors as well. So I have to say that I have mixed feelings about this simply because because I loved the first Bad Apples so damn much. However, let me just say that the addition of Kealan Patrick Burke more than made up for that.

The stories in order of appearance:

Halloweekend, Edward Lorn: No comment.

Candie Apple by Evans Light: As awesome this year as i
Bill
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent collection from the bad boys that brought you the original Bad Apples and Dead Roses. But wait…there's more! They are even badder in Bad Apples 2 with the addition of Kealan Patrick Burke to the line-up. If you were going to add to an already excellent line up of authors, it doesn’t get any better than KPB.

A solid collection of Halloween horrors, as I have come to expect from this bunch. Oh yeah, and the new guy is alright too. 4+ Stars!
Andi Rawson
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it

The stories in order of appearance:

Halloweekend, Edward Lorn: No comment.

Candie Apple by Evans Light: As awesome this year as it was last year. Yes, it's republished, get over it. It
Peter
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The gang behind Bad Apples 1 and The Dead Roses are back at it again, with some more spine tingling tales of Halloween. This time they brought along a friend, Kealan Patrick Burke to give us six slices of Halloween

Halloween Weekend, By Ed Lorn: (4 Stars) When a haunted house loses the brains behind the attraction, it can never be the same.

Candie Apple, by Evan Light:(4 Stars)
Bob Talley birthday is on Halloween! Bob just wants his family to be together for that one day. You better think twice, be
Nate
Shelves: halloween, 2015
3.5 Stars

Well, this was the second great Bad Apples collection. I enjoyed this just as much as the first one, although in both instances the last story came off the rails a bit for me. These are enjoyable Halloween reads and I could see rereading both collections next Halloween if they ever stop releasing new ones ;)

I'm all for new releases, so bring 'em on!

I have to give my crown of cornstalks and pumpkin vines to Candie Apple this year, as that was easily the most disturbing, horrifying, mytho
Nev Murray
"So there it is, Bad Apples 2: Six Slices of Halloween Horror. They didn’t get the full five stars right across the board this time but believe me, this is one hell of a collection to have on your shelves for any time of the year but especially for Halloween."

See here for the full review:

Meghan
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have read quite a bit from every person in this book, so when I found out that Bad Apples 2 was out, I could not wait to get time to read it. And, as usual, I was not disappointed. Another quality anthology, and one I hope continues for years to come.

Halloweekend - 3 1/2
A story about a haunted house with misbehaving animatronics, done in typical Edward Lorn fashion. A good story, but not his best work. I like the things he comes up with, the stories he tells, and sometimes the way he tells the
Latasha
Just like the first Bad Apples, this one is great. Every story is different but all of them are sure to get you in the Halloween spirit.
John
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall - 4.5 stars
Story - 4.5 stars
Narration - n/a stars
X Factor - 4 stars (for a pleasant surprise)

Well worth reading. These are some very good stories!
Robert Mingee
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This is another solid collection of Halloween stories. Hard to say if I prefer this one to the first or not. The first had some stories that really stuck in my mind, and I'm not sure any of these will prove to be quite as memorable, but that doesn't necessarily make them any less enjoyable. I prefered the stories that had the "full trappings" of Halloween, meaning trick-or-treating, pumpkin patches and the like. The last and by far lonmgest story started off really strong and interesting, then s ...more
Lee Anderson
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I was really looking forward to Bad Apples 2 after reading the first book.
Edward Lorn once again outdone himself with a creepy yet amusing story about animatronics that live in a horror house. Loved it!!
Gregor Xane always has something awesome to write and this was no different with a puppet show Uncle Shel takes Jimmy to. Just don't break the golden rule of peaking behind the curtain!
And of course Kealan Patrick Burke has joined the crew this time round! I probably would have rated this book h
Tamara
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this collection!

From the super cool cover to the gory, sexy yummies inside ... you'll be shocked, horrified, and possibly even sad. You may even smile ... once. I have a favorite story within this book, but they all rock. Maybe we can compare favorites. This may be "Halloween Horror" ... but it isn't too late ... or too early to pick up your copy and enjoy this horrific Halloween reading from some terrifyingly terrific; authors!
Wheeping Angel
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-loved
Got to say I read bad apple one and love the tales of anything Halloween. I won't give details away but I will say this if you love short stories and horror this is for you. 5 pumpkins out of 5, happy readings
WendyB
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, kindle
What fun! Perfect book for Halloween.
Ericka annamarie
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Bad Apples 2 is just as good as its first installment.

The One Night Of The Year is a creepy take on horror. It almost leaves you with a sense of sorrow.

Dia De Los Muertos is an interesting take on the classic vampire genre and leaves you wanting more on the edge of your seat.

Tommy Rotten is a lonely dead boy looking for a family. At first you feel bad for him but you soon learn to pity his future family.

Candie Apple is one of my favorites from this collection. It has that classic Halloween horr
Jeff French
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a solid collection of stories that I enjoyed slightly less than those in the original Bad Apples. My absolute favourite was the last tale DOCTOR PROCLIVITY & PROFESSOR PROPENSITY by Gregor Xane. This is one messed-up story that is anything but predictable. My other favourite was Jason Parent's DIA DE LOS MUERTOS, but, for me, it didn't really fit with the Halloween theme. The idea of an avenging vampire was very cool though. Kealan Patrick Burke was an outstanding addition to the lin ...more
Justin
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, short-stories
In the second volume of the Bad Apples series, the authors present six stories, some short, and some novella length.

“Halloweekend” by Edward Lorn
Two teenage boys visit a famous haunted attraction which holds secrets in its animatronics, and one of the boys has a secret. I liked the concept of the house the most, the characters were solid (though it felt like the author was trying too hard to make them sound like teenagers with the excessive swearing), and the twist was clever. 4/5

“Candie Apple”
  • Six Dead Spots
  • Ugly Little Things: Collected Horrors
  • Wolf Land
  • White
  • Graveyard Blues (Night Blues, #1)
  • Blood on the Page: The Complete Short Fiction of Brian Keene, Volume 1
  • Dead Bait
  • Little Dead Red
  • Through a Mirror, Darkly
  • Seize the Night: New Tales of Vampiric Terror
Born and raised in a small harbor town in the south of Ireland, Kealan Patrick Burke knew from a very early age that he was going to be a horror writer. The combination of an ancient locale, a horror-loving mother, and a family full of storytellers, made it inevitable that he would end up telling stories for a living. Since those formative years, he has written five novels, over a hundred short st ...more