Start by marking “Made For Sin” as Want to Read:
Made For Sin

Made For Sin

A lot of bad hands get dealt in Vegas, but E. L. Speare may be holding one of the worst: He’s cursed with the need to commit sins, and if he misses his daily quota, there’s hell to pay—literally. Fortunately, his hometown affords him plenty of chances to behave badly.

But Speare’s newest case really has him going out on a limb. The right-hand man of a notorious crime boss h
Published August 30th 2016 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Made For Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Made For Sin

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4★'s

Stacia Kane is one of my favorite authors and she writes one of my all time favorite series (Downside Ghosts...LOVE Chess and Terrible!). Sooo, I knew that I just had to read this!

I have to admit, it took me a little bit to get into it but that's only because things are complicated....to say the least. And with first books, there's a lot of world building although Ms. Kane did a good job not laying it on too thick.

Speare is something like a PI/Enforcer for his Uncle Lazaro who is ba
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by : Rabid Reads.

Stacia Kane has been taunting readers with the prospect of a new DOWNSIDE GHOSTS novel for FAR too long by constantly referencing “book 6” in blog posts, listing the release date as TBA on her website, and don’t even get me started on GoodReads’ catalogue entry. So, when MADE FOR SIN was announced, I jumped on it in the hopes that the author’s writing style, albeit in a different format, would help ease the Chess/Terrible void.

Alas, no such luck. While I did see similar
Beth
Made for Sin is an intriguing start to a new Stacia Kane Series with a highly original premise. Speare, the main male characters, must commit sin every day or he will pay for it. Living in Vegas definitely helps Speare meet his quota.

Speare finds himself caught up in an investigation that involves a crime boss, demon blade and an accomplished but sexy thief, Ardeth.

Corpses begin to pile up and together Ardeth and Speare must unravel the mystery behind the mutilations before it might be Speare’s
Marta Cox
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
I will start by confessing that I am a huge fan of this author and her Downside Ghosts series is one of my favourites and as I read a lot that's saying something! I've even read her Megan Chase series so spotting this had me all excited. A different approach as this time the author has made the main character male but I'm an equal opportunities kind of girl so nothing wrong with that!
Think of Las Vegas and you might think of gambling, living the high life and of course sin! Well it just so happe
Susana

2.5 Stars

Arc provided by Loveswept through Netgalley

Release Date: August 30th

Here's the thing is, I love the author's "Downside Ghosts" series.
Even when the thing is breaking my heart, I am loving it. From the plot, to the amazing characters, not forgetting that amazing setting, that series is a must to all urban fantasy addicts.
And then you start reading this, and you have to adjust your expectations, because when it comes down to the characters, this story feels too paranormal romance, and
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this one. I went into this book with really big expectations. I absolutely love Stacia Kane's Downside Ghosts series so I had hoped to find a new series to love. I found this book really had a hard time holding my interest during the first half. Things did pick up and by the end of the book and I ended up really enjoying myself but it did take a long time to get to that point.

I loved the idea behind this
Meigan
Made for Sin was a fairly standard paranormal romance, blending in some familiar elements of urban fantasy, and topped off with touches that author Stacia Kane excels in.

Speare is a man with a secret. Working for one of Las Vegas' most notorious crime bosses, he's tasked with a mission to figure out why other members of various organizations are coming up dead, some dismembered and marked in the process. The weapon of choice is something incredibly hard to come by, which is how he finds himself
Kim the Strange
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was pushed back to August 2016...

description

Update: 4/11

Ooooh I dig the cover art!! Snazzy....

Update: 5/12

According to the email I got from Amazon, this book comes out August 30th! Excellent......

Update: 6/20

NetGalley approved my request this morning, so I'm reading this baby right now! I'm 20% in and it's good!

I suggest if you're interested in reading this, head on over to NetGalley and request it!!

Update: 6/23

I finished reading this a little bit ago, I need a bit to gather my thoughts. But I dug i
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
3.5

If this is the beginning of a new series, I can say I will definitely read anything featuring this protagonist. Stacia Kane does anti-heroes really well.

Made for Sin has its flaws but none of them takes away a single good thing from this story. Some might consider the speed Speare falls in love/lust with Ardeth one of them, but after that ending, I'm fine with it all. Why? Because it's a well plotted, fast paced story. A mob boss, who may or may not be Speare's father, tells him to find the
Linda Strong
MADE FOR SIN is set in an alternate universe where there is magic and dragons and most people are not safe.

E L Speare is a Las Vegas Private Investigator.. a man who is cursed with the need to commit sins. He has a daily quota that must be met and if he misses a deadline .. well, there's hell to pay.

Speare's latest case is the murder of a crime boss, found without his right arm. Speare knows his arm was severed by a demon-sword... a powerful tool of the underworld.

As the bodies pile up, all dis
Jen Davis
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Like many other readers who will pick up this book, I am a huge fan of Stacia Kane’s Downside series. I knew this story wouldn’t be like those, but I like a good PNR and I figured that Kane’s talent would shine through in just about anything she wrote. I’m sad to say that I’m disappointed. Made For Sin isn’t bad, but it’s not especially good either. It’s kind of superficial in its character development. The romance is lackluster and insta-love. The pacing is uneven. And the ending just didn’t sa ...more
Alisa
I was really excited to read this first book to a new series by Stacia Kane and I have to say it didn't disappoint. Speare is a Las Vegas P.I. who is cursed with a demon inside of him. He must sin to keep the demon under control. If he doesn't commit enough sins the demon makes an effort to get out and things go very poorly when that happens. When the right-hand man of a local crime boss is found dead, Speare is asked to investigate. As his investigation continues more dead bodies keep popping u ...more
Keertana
Oct 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Stacia Kane's Downside Ghosts series is simply incredible. Each book is better than the last, the characters well-developed and unique in a world that is bursting with originality and darkness. I've been anxious and excited for the latest Downside Ghosts novel for years, but when I realized that Kane was starting a new series, I immediately transferred those emotions onto Made For Sin. And that is, certainly, my fault. Made For Sin is an interesting, certainly thought-provoking new foray into ur ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

When I learned that Stacia Kane was coming out with a new book, I got super excited. As a huge fan of the Downside Ghosts series, I was curious to see if this book would be just as good as her other series. Now I don’t know if this book will become a series, but I can definitely see the potential there. MADE FOR SIN is an Urban Fantasy that follows PI E.L. Speare in Las Vegas.

It’s no surprise that I like the writing style since I do enjoy a lot of Kane’s other books. However, in terms
Kira
When I saw that Stacia Kane had a new urban fantasy book with a bit of a mafia twist I was sold. I think my expectations for this were too high since I loved her Downside Ghosts series. It was okay but not a page turner. Downside Ghosts had such rich world building, and this didn't have much world building at all. Magical workers and objects were mentioned without any rules or explanation given.

Speare was a PI who worked for criminal organizations. Some important men were being killed and he wa
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
First off, I am a huge fan of Stacia Kane's previous series Downside Ghosts so I was thrilled to learn that after some publishing woes she was writing again.

The premise of Made for Sin is good,the hero E L Speare houses a mysterious demon who can only be kept under control by our unfortunate hero sinning, the bigger the better. When he is thrown together with a career thief Ardath O'Rourke despite his vow to remain alone and try to rid himself of his "beast" sparks soon fly as they try and solv
Emily May
Oct 01, 2015 marked it as dnf
Shelves: paranormal-uf, arc, 2016
Maybe I will come back to this later, but right now it's doing nothing for me. I'm not interested in the murder mystery and I'm already bored by the direction of what I assume is going to be the romance. Speare's just not an exciting protagonist and Ardeth has thus far been described by her beauty and tight clothing - not enough personality to hold my interest.
Melanie
My review and an extended sample of the audiobook are posted at Hotlistens.com.

I’ve been a huge fan of Stacia Kane for several years now. I started off reading her Megan Chase series and then really fell in love with her after starting theDownside Ghosts series (Downside is especially good on audio). It has been since since 2012 that I’ve gotten a full length book from Ms. Kane. Needless to say, I was pretty excited.

Made for Sin is a story that, of course, is set in Sin City itself, La
Wendy F
Dec 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Stacia Kane’s Downside Ghosts series is in my top 3 Urban Fantasy series of all time. When anyone asks me for recommendations it’s always one of the first series/books I mention because Chess and Terrible are simply incredible together. One of the best series ever, one of the best couples ever. No contest. Even though it’s been years since I finished the 5th book in the Downside series, I’m still painfully hungry for the next installment. When I heard that Kane was releasing another book first I ...more
Audrey
So one of my favourite authors finally has a new series, featuring a cool dirty Las Vegas setting and a very cool protagonist sharing headspace with a demon who makes him sin.

Unfortunately, its ruined by the most godawfully boring heroine. This is the same author who came up with Chess, right?? Ardeth is completely useless and I have no idea why Speare is head over heels with her. For someone who is meant to be a badass thief she spends most of the book looking pathetic and crying over dead bod
Helen
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, I really enjoyed reading this one, it was one of those books where I would happily have turned the world off and stayed at home curled up on the sofa until I'd finished it.

I liked Speare and Ardeth, they were both interesting and the attraction between them sizzled nicely. I want more of them though, it can't end the way it did! And I want to see Ardeth again, using her thieving skills more and generally being clever, and winding Speare up.

The only thing that felt a bit off for me was th
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was ok

I almost DNF'ed this book several times. I simply could not get into it. I had to push myself to the end because I don't like to give up. Fans of the author's writing style may enjoy it; but I wasn't getting much of anything out of it. The last 10%, when Speare's demon finally made his appearance picked up the read a bit; but that was way too late to save the book for me.

The summary sounded soooo interesting, yet the reality was a pedestrian read. I can't help but wonder what Jim Butcher or Cynt
Mel
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

I immediately became a fan of Stacia Kane after reading her Downside Ghosts series, and I knew that I had to get my hands on her newest book, Made for Sin, after reading the blurb. I love the vivid urban fantasy worlds she creates and Made for Sin did not disappoint.

E.L. Speare is a Las Vegas PI who is known for his strength and persuasion. But Speare has a secret. He literally shares his head with a demon and keeps the beast satisfied by sinning. Luckily, living in Sin City allows for m
Marsha
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay, let me be upfront. I am an avid fan of Stacia Kane and she can do no wrong in my book. So, before I really knew anything about "Made For Sin" I preordered it. I am so glad I did.

In this new world, P.I. E.L. Speare operates on the streets of Las Vegas aka Sin City. For most of his life rumors had it that his father is mobster, Lazarus Doretti. His former showgirl mother always told him it was true as well. So when Spears gets a phone call that his 'father' is cooking enough food for an army
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Made for Sin is set in a dark, gritty universe, where there are demons and magic, and where safety is not a given. Characters that kept me on my toes, a tight plot and a good storyline entertained me and had me hooked from start to finish.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

Made for Sin has quite a bit of suspense, as the story starts with the discovery of a corpse without its right arm. Yes, you read that right - the whole arm was taken off, from the shoulder, and t
Mel
In all honesty, Made For Sin isn't an easy book to review. Why? When you love a book, it's easy to sing its praises. When you loathe a book, it's pretty easy to bash it. When a book is mediocre? It's difficult.

While I found the world building in Made For Sin to be unique, which definitely seems to be Stacia Kane's thing, I had a hard time connecting with it. I really liked Speare and grew to like Ardeth, but there was just something missing and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Maybe it's the fa
Regan
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brilliant
Gah! Stacia Kane just hits all my buttons. Excellent, immersive worldbuilding (which exists in layers but which feels seamless - there's no need for chapters of "well, Bob" exposition to explain how and what and why that what), deep characterization of a small cast, genuine dialogue and beautifully built tension (of the suspenseful and sexual kind). And I swear she writes the best chapter breaks in the history of UF.

This doesn't have the sometimes uncomfortable grit of her Downside series (I lov
April Symes
Made for Sin is a great new start in the new series by Stacia Kane. She has written some awesome books in the past and I am so glad to see her back.
This book is set in Las Vegas, with an anti-hero named Speare who finds himself caught up in an investigation that takes many turns and a fiery and sexy thief named Ardeth.
When the bodies start turning up and piling up, Ardeth and Speare together must figure out the secrets and the mysteries behind what is going on before it might be Speare’s head o
FV Angela
Review originally posted at http://fictionvixen.com/review-made-s...

Oh, how I’ve missed Stacia Kane and her Downside series. I’ve missed Terrible and Chess. I’ve looked endlessly for news of a release date for Unholy Luck, which has been in the works for what seems like forever. I follow this author on Facebook and do a little happy dance every time I see a new post. So far there hasn’t been any real news except for “I’m working on it”, but I did discover that Made for Sin was set to be released
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Man in the Long Black Coat (Dale Bruyer #1)
  • Spiretown
  • Deadly Shades of Gold (Altered States, #2)
  • The Circus of the Damned
  • The Cold Light of Day (Charlie Madigan, #5)
  • The Voodoo Killings (Kincaid Strange, #1)
  • New York Night (Jack Nightingale, #7)
  • The Demon Prince (Ars Numina, #2)
  • A Secret to Die For (Secret McQueen #8)
  • The Devil's in the Details
  • The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)
  • Werewolves of Brooklyn
  • PERfunctory AfFECTION
  • A Time to Rise
  • BadAss Zombie Road Trip
  • Flyboy Action Figure Comes with Gas Mask
  • Belle Chasse (Sentinels of New Orleans #5)
  • Ruby Callaway: The Complete Collection
Stacia Kane is the author of the light-hearted romantic urban fantasy "Megan Chase" series starting with PERSONAL DEMONS.

She currently writes the gritty dystopian urban fantasy "Downside" series starring Chess Putnam and featuring ghosts, human sacrifice, drugs, witchcraft, punk rock, and a badass '69 Chevelle. She bleaches her hair and wears a lot of black.