Start by marking “Tooth and Claw (The Harry Russo Diaries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tooth and Claw (The Harry Russo Diaries, #2)

Tooth and Claw

(The Harry Russo Diaries #2)

Q: When is a witch, not a witch?
A: When she’s a necromancer.

Angharad ‘Harry’ Russo has had to adjust to some major changes in her life. Her computer is haunted, she accidentally acquired a vampire servant and she’s attracted to the most aggravating alpha male on the planet. Her friend betrayed her, a lunatic tried to sacrifice her to raise a god and she accident
Published January 5th 2016 by Lisa Emme Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tooth and Claw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tooth and Claw

Start your review of Tooth and Claw (The Harry Russo Diaries, #2)
Veronica Rosa
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read the first Harry Russo book and loved it. So when the author, Lisa Emme, asked me if I wanted an ARC, I almost jumped through my computer screen to yell, "Yes! Give it to me now!" I think I was more polite in my response to her, though. ;)

In this book, Harry is learning how to control her powers and some parts are damn amusing. Seriously, I was giggling like a crazy women and my husband would just raise an eyebrow at me like I was crazy. And no, I won't tell you which ones because that wou
Cheryl La Pa
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It was fast-paced, hilarious and kept me hooked til the last page. I love all the characters especially Harry. My favourite part was when Harry was practising her new skills. And the ending blew me away! Loving this series! Can't wait for the next book! ...more
Jen
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all UF lovers
I loved this book and am so happy to be on the author's ARC list for reviews. The first book pulled me into this series and the second book has me panting for more. Harry is one of the exceptional characters in Urban Fantasy and the support cast is still just as amazing as I remembered. The story arc will keep you on your toes and then you will cry when it is over. I am a fan for life of Ms. Emme and anyone who love UF will follow me into her fold. Also his name is Cian (Kee-an) and he is a book ...more
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
(Reviewed by David Bibby of Rochelle's Reviews)

I received a copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

After having read the first book, Dead and Kicking, I wanted to know more about Lisa Emme's heroine, Angharad ‘Harry’ Russo. In Tooth and Claw, we get some answers to some of the mysteries surrounding her.

In a world where Vampires, Werewolves, Fairy-Folk, Zombies, Witches, and Warlocks exist, Harry is at the epicenter of paranormal activity. She's a witch with some unusual powers, lik
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tooth and Claw starts off with Harry trying to figure out all these new powers that she has and it’s pretty stressful. She is still getting used to finding out what her father was which resulted in her powers.

Then werewolves start going missing and she has a hard time convincing Cian Nash that she needs to help. The sexy werewolf detective wants her to stay away from things because even if he doesn’t want to admit it he doesn’t want to see her get hurt.

When she starts seeing a wolf ghost and it
April Wilson
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome urban fantasy paranormal romance. Absolutely awesome. Lisa's writing style is superb, her characters are appealing and compelling, her plots are intriguing... I have only good things to say about her books.

This is the second book in the Harry Russo Diaries, and book 2 is just as good as book 1, if not even better! Lisa Emme is an astounding new talent in the urban paranormal romance genre. She's definitely on my must-read list now!! I highly recommend this series.
Jana Gundy
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

This is an amazing urban fantasy series that is refreshing. Harry is one bad a** chick who is unassuming and has very little ego. I love how she is written. Nash is her love interest and this is where Harry differs from the rest, she doesn't fall all over him, doesn't get tongue tied and has quite a level head. Its so nice to have a heroine be attracted to someone get still remain herself. A lot of nasty goes down in this book and out ends with a bang!
Mara
May 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The unbelievable love story of dumb and dumber, 2 TSTL characters who met and by author's decision followed a presumed romance.

This book had the same problem of book one: lack of depth, not enough world building, paper thin plot.

Again, you feel there's something there, but alas you don't get it.

I'm not sure why there's a tag 'mature readers', yes there's talk of sex. But not really much else.
E Varady
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like book 1

Like book 1, this novel started well, dragged in the middle, and ended too fast. I am not buying the romance and there are serious gaps in logic on what Harry knows and doesn't know about the supernatural world.
Jeanny
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reread audible version 2018
**** 4 stars Kindle version read 07/2016
Jenny
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was ok
Similar vibe to the first. A beach read urban fantasy.
Parental Guide: (applies to all of the series that I read)
Sexual tension, in some cases leads to sex, but mostly smoldering looks and slutty outfits. Lots of swearing, which I feel like increased overall as we moved toward the end of the series.
Violence, substance abuse, etc. - this is adult.
Livey
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Harry is growing stronger and despite being a mixture of vampire, necromancer and witch she continues to be a bit naive about what is happening between her and Kian the alpha werewolf detective. Great fighter and good ideas make this an enjoyable read.
Mary Hartshorn
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I came across the first book which was incredible so I just had to read the next book which I just could not put down.
Lude
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
as good as the first one!!!
Shelle Pennington
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh I like this one better than the first.
Mad-Bibliobimbo
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Much better than the first book. Frustrating ending without a resolution of Harry and Cian though
T
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun! Although really the heroine should just ask Cian a straight question already.
Evelyn
The main heroine and other characters are annoying. Harry is a selfrighteous lady eho things she should save the day at any cost and at her expense..
Vintagebooklvr
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I liked Harry a lot. I want to read more.
faye gallagher
Still a little slow

For someone who is part of the supernatural community herself, Harry seems a tad naive. Despite that, the story is still entertaining.
Maria
Apr 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the series, go read in order first

I am very much enjoying this series
Mnms
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Very soap-opera'ish and she becomes too powerful, but still nice. ...more
Kelly
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick pace, decent mystery.

The clues came together a little easily for Harry in this one, the book being more focused on the relationship between her and Nash. Still, a ggood solid afternoon's read.
Melissa Mitravich
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Mature Readers
**No Worries- No Spoilers here**
I received an Advance copy of this book from the Author in exchange for an honest review. Yes, I’m gloating a little because I had the privilege of getting my Harry fix early, but good news for everyone else, especially if you’re reading this is that Tooth and Claw has been released today. Tooth and Claw is the second volume/book in the series, The Harry Russo Diaries. The first book is Dead and Kicking, and I absolutely loved it. So I was eager for this second in
Lyssa Sue Shaffer
Yum!

Harry is a heroine. Of the Rock'em Sock'em Robots variety. Think Modesty Blaise meets Anita Blake meets Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson. Only Harry isn't a shape shifter, she's a dhampir necromancer, hadge witch florist, medium. A well rounded girl who's been mated to a werewolf, who, oops, forgot to ask first.

Life is complicated and it's just going to keep going. Harry's diaries are addictive, you can't just read one... Thank heavens I didn't dive in this pool until after multiple releases.
Cheryl Brandt
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A note: there is a sex scene, some fairly heavy necking, and lots of flirting in this book.

While still being a light, quick, read, the second book in the Harry Russo series is better than the first, which I also enjoyed.

This one is even more of an adventure, and Harry is coming closer to melding her disparate parts together. She's also getting closer, usually, to being the kick ass woman she has the potential to be.

I very much enjoyed this book, and there is a revelation at the end. It was one I
Qmania
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was even better than the first. Harry is so funny and I like how she is learning to use her powers. One part, (view spoiler) was so funny and then bam!, the author turns up the heat with some sexual tension. Yowza! And there's more heat where that came from. Loved it! The ending was a jaw dropper. I really didn't see that coming. But it's not a cliffhanger or anything. It just makes you want to read the next book NOW! ...more
blueisla23
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Harry Russo Diaries. I tried this series out and I really enjoyed it. My the tangled web that has been weaved in this story, add some brownies and a coffee shop, and you have a full service story. Of course, there's a family reunion, a vampire chef/baker and a Butterfly of Death.

Once again, I really enjoyed the book, the series plot and the sub-plot of the story. I am looking forward to the next installment!
Christine
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Emme does it again! A wonderful second story for this amazing series! I enjoyed this book so much I have read it twice and could not put it down either times. She tells a wonderful story full of drama, paranormal characters, romance, mystery and action!! Can't wait for the next book to come out! ...more
Is
Aug 13, 2016 rated it liked it
The plot and story is good enough and I would enjoy it a lot more if the author would have skipped the need for crudeness. As in book one, the villain is lacking character and yet again comes across as a pouty child with a temper tantrum. Being crude doesn't make up for it.
Nevertheless, I like the main characters a lot.
Support for Indie...: New Trailer for Second Book 5 15 Dec 07, 2015 11:15AM

• Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1)
  • Daughter of Persephone (Cerberus, #1)
  • Scala (Angelbound Origins #2)
  • The Dark Lands (Angelbound Origins #5)
  • Paladin's Strength (The Saint of Steel, #2)
  • Gods and Ends (Ordinary Magic, #3)
  • Heartless (Crossbreed, #9; Mageriverse, #24)
  • Bloodmagic (Blood Destiny, #2)
  • Shrill Dusk (City of Magic #1)
  • Bloodlust (Blood Destiny #5)
  • No Crone Unturned (Spell's Angels #3)
  • Vigilante Vampire (Bo Blackman #5)
  • No Crones About It (Spell's Angels #2)
  • Good Intentions (The Road to Hell, #1)
  • Blood Politics (Blood Destiny, #4)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Nora Jacobs #4)
  • Reluctant Psychic (Sasha Urban, #3)
  • Don't Rush Me (Nora Jacobs #1)
See top shelves…
Lisa Emme is a Canadian who proudly ends her ABC’s with ‘zed’. A self-professed book-a-holic, she has spent the last few years trying to stem her book hoarding tendencies by writing her own stories and by avoiding the bargain table at the bookstore like the plague.

A bit of a thrill seeker, Lisa has tried such death defying activities as bungy jumping off a bridge and rappelling down the side of a

The Harry Russo Diaries (5 books)
  • Dead and Kicking (The Harry Russo Diaries, #1)
  • Deadlocked (The Harry Russo Diaries #3)
  • Hell to Pay (The Harry Russo Diaries, #4)
  • Dead to Me (The Harry Russo Diaries, #5)

News & Interviews