Start by marking “Slow Play (The Rules, #3)” as Want to Read:
Slow Play (The Rules, #3)

Slow Play

(The Rules #3)

Newly broke girl Alexandria Asher just wants to live a normal life. After her parents are sent to prison on embezzlement charges, she enrolls in college under her mother’s maiden name and tries her best to pretend she’s someone else.

Published October 13th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Slow Play, please sign up.
Monica Murphy I hope it lives up to your expectations...his book turned out to be my favorite of the three....even more than Shep's (and I love Shep). :)

Monica Murphy
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Let's talk about Tristan! And Alex! And everyone else in this book!

Ten Things About SLOW PLAY:

1. Tristan is an a-hole. He says the worst things ever. He just...speaks his mind. I adore him.

2. Alexandria (aka Alex) is the perfect girl for him. He needs someone who will call him out on his B.S. She does that perfectly.

3. SHEP IS ALL OVER THIS BOOK. EVERYWHERE.

4. SO IS GABE.

5. AND LUCY AND JADE TOO!

6. There's a sexy party. That's all I'm going to say about that.

7. Sex and the City is like...a secon
Violina The Romance Lover
6 "TRISTAN & ALEXANDRIA" stars

“Tell me, angel. What do you want for Christmas that only I can give you?”
“Are you sure you want to hear this?”
“Definitely.”
“I want—love. Real, ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love,”

This book gave me EVERYTHING I need from a book! It was so REALISTIC to me, so light, funny and OH, SO SEXY!

What I found so awesome was that, like Monica Murphy said, Sex And The City was all over this book! As a HUGE-never-endin
Michelle
2.5 - 3 Stars!
I loved the first book in Monica Murphy's The Rules series, didn't finish the second book and this one fell flat around 50%. I skimmed to the end even though from the description of the book I already knew what was coming around 90%.
Yea I'm done trying to read this series it's just not for me.
Sabrina
3.5 Stars

Alex recently lost both her parents and all of the families money when they went to jail for embezzlement. She decided that it was her opportunity to reinvent herself and moves away from home to go to college, using her mothers maiden name. She keeps her head down and doesn't try very hard to make friends.

Tristan is the manwhore on campus that decides he wants her, and what he wants he usually gets. But he's tired of people seeing him as the playboy with no responsibilities and when Al
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Rendered Image

Monica Murphy..if you are reading this review, I am a bit sad to say goodbye to Shep, Gabe, and Tristan. Reading the last installment of The Rules is a bittersweet feeling but I am thrilled that Tristan Prescott is finally a taken man and is no longer the fifth wheel!!!

#slowplay

Tristan Prescott never thought he would be the one tied down to one girl. He was the bad boy manwhore of the group. If you expected a relationship, I am sorry to inform you t
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

I absolutely loved Shep and Gabe from the previous two books in this series, but when it came to Tristan my feelings for him were quite the opposite, so I was eager to get stuck into this book to see if Monica could change my mind. As soon as the book hit my kindle, I began reading. Tristan had always come across as being a huge player so when he met A
Sheryl C. Nash
LOVED IT!!!! I honestly think that when a HUGE manwhore falls in love, it's seriously like the sweetest thing ever!!! And Tristan... *SWOON*. I have to agree with you, Monica Murphy, I too LOVE Tristan the best!!! *HAPPY SIGH*
Polly
By far the best in this series!
Loved it
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
description
description
~~4.5 HEARTS~~

Tristian, Tristian, Tristian! I'm so glad he got his own book and I love reading about how Alexandria brought him to his knees. This had little drama and I enjoyed that. I haven't came across a Monica Murphy book that I didn't enjoy. I love her writing style and all the stories are great.
Alexandra
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: college
**** 4 stars ****
This was the third book in a series that had up and downs. That is, the first book and this one were winners, the second I just dnf. There's not a lot going on in this book. It's the old "asshole manwhore is brought to his need by a good girl" storyline. But I really liked it!
Bella
What a great series by Monica Murphy!!!!

I loved Fair Game (5 Stars) and In the Dark (4 stars) so I was really excited to read Slow Play. Tristan has given Shep and Gabe a ton of crap over being in a relationship, so I was ready to watch him fall in love.

Things I loved about this book:
- The writing - just sucks me in!
- Alternating POV - my favorite way to read a book.
- Chemistry - we get the slow burn here....and then it just explodes!!!
- Alexandria - great heroine!!! She doesn't fawn all over
Tahsin
4.5 stars?

This one surprised me, in the very best way possible. Two reluctant characters coming together, both passionately standing their ground and staying true to who they are, but still getting along together with explosive chemistry. What more could a girl ask for? This story is my favorite of the series - loved it!
Penny
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars.
Naomi
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

Slow Play is the third book in The Rules series, and it features Tristan, the broody one of the trio, who is determined to stick to the one and done rule that the three guys were adapting in college. Except now, his cousin Shep and friend Gabe are both in stable relationships and he has been left on his own.

The girl who makes Tristan question everything he believes in is Alexandra. She’s a nice girl, who has struggled since her parents are out of the pict
Holly Baker
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Someday it will happen to you,” Shep says confidently. “And I can’t wait to tell you I told you so.”
Well, it's safe to say that I completely loved Tristan and Alex's story. I was caught hook, line and sinker, in this latest release from Monica Murphy.

In the previous books in this series, I didn't like Tristan in the slightest. I'd be surprised if many readers did! But I think when a character is a complete man whore/douche canoe, it's exciting for them to have a book, because you know that th
Amanda Lobato
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Tristan.
Stacia
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 stars

Slow Play is the third book in the Rules Series, but I think each of these books could be read as a standalone. Although you probably want to go ahead and read Fair Game (book #1) and In the Dark (book #2) because they are just super cute and both such fun books to read! Plus the main characters from both of those books are mentioned in this one.

Honestly going into this book, I wasn't sure if I would like Tristan Prescott. He comes off as such an arrogant bastard and is pretty much ju
Michele A.
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
Tristan and Alexandria (Alex) meet and clash almost from the get go. Tristan is a man whore and makes no apologies. Alex is hiding from her former life and trying to reinvent herself to get away from her parent's prison sentences and shame it brought on her and their family. Tristan has a knack for putting his foot in his mouth, but is always brutally honest. Alex was a hard character for me to like and I found myself not able to come around to liking her. She wanted Tristan to leave her alone, ...more
*Queen of Hearts*
“I touch you and it’s like electricity sparks between us. I look into your eyes and I feel like I’m fucking drowning. And when I kiss you, I never want to stop.”
I won this ARC in a giveaway & let me tell u that made my month,made my year actually.Let's talk about Tristan Prescott. I knew from the other books that his book...his story would be amazing. He had me intrigued before I even read SLOW PLAY. That to me is how you know your reading a great book by a great author. When they (Monica Mu
Heroesinbooks
4 TRISTAN AND ALEXANDRIA STARS

Good third instalment in the series. This book concentrates on Tristan and Alexandria. Tris was tricky to like sometimes but Alex was pretty brusque towards him, to the point I wasn't sure if I liked her. An epilogue further into the future would have been nice but it was still a good ending to an excellent series.
Night Reader
3 Stars

Probably my least favourite of the series. Tristan is not particularly likeable. I think that the blurb gave away too much of the book. I also felt that the ending was rushed. The author didn't give time for the reader to experience the MCs together in a committed way. So, the way things ended felt unrealistic and kind of out of left field.
Karen
second read Oct. 2, 2017
Kara
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hoopla
I liked Tristan & Alexandria. This was a great audiobook!
arissa

Alex annoyed me so much with her whole I-want-him-don't-want-him attitude. She wanted Tristan to leave her alone, and when he did that (and didn't acknowledge her for a day), she goes and gets all pissed at him for it, even though he didn't own her shit. She demanded things from him but never gave the same in return. Like Gabe with Lucy, Tristan wasn't allowed to get pissed at Alex when she fucked things up. Granted, he shouldn't have blamed her for her parents' mistakes.

I guess I didn'
Tanja Blazic
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sizzling hot

Love the story, scenes, verbal duelings and exchange. Alexandria and Tristan do make a great story. My favorite part of the series.
Karen Mc
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Slow Play is a sinfully delicious, sweet, suspenseful, and swoon-worthy modern-day Cinderella story that sucks you in from the very page, slowly stimulating your emotions while seizing your heart and soul. The third story in the riveting and romantic Rules Series, Slow Play is the best book in this terrific trio. Move over sexy and smart-mouthed Shep, and make way for hot and heart-melting cousin Tristan! You’ll be on Team Tristan after reading this wonderful, witty, and wanton-inducing romance. ...more
Sandy S
3.5 stars-

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date October 13, 2015

Tristan Prescott is everything Alex is trying to avoid. A seemingly egotistical, lazy, rich jerk, she dumps her beer on his head when he comes on to her one night at a party. This only spurs Tristan into action.
FMR Book Grind
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TATIA'S REVIEW
5 STARS

I remember seeing a picture that Ms. Murphy posted on Instagram saying how excited she was about the release of Slow Play, about how Tristan's story was her favorite in the series. I thought to myself that it would have to be some story to beat Shep in my book. He's always been my favorite. Well, Ms. Murphy, guess who's story is now my #1?
Man-whoring, asshole, black-hearted, stuck-in-his-ways Tristan. He's has selfish as they come. He uses women for one thing - his pleasure.
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,6 / 5 stars

It's the third book in a series of four and it tells Tristan and Alex's story. Each book in the series deals with a true manwhore falling in love for the first time and their 'One and done rule' soon turns into 'The One' pretty fast. Although Tristan did resist the falling in love ordeal till the very last moment. Tristan was a real asshole and in the previous books is always was one in basically every scene he made an appearance. His asshole ways are explained in this book,
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

So, if I’m going to be completely honest, I wasn’t entirely sure I would like Tristan’s book. I’ve been having trouble reading books with “manwhores” in them as of late. I’ve lost my tolerance for their bullshit. I went back and forth quite a bit in the beginning. But, once I accepted him for who he was and, more importantly, who he was becoming, I kinda loved him. A lot.

The characters definitely drove this book. I really liked Alex from the begi
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• No Kissing Allowed (No Kissing Allowed #1)
  • A Shattered Heart (Fractured Lives, #2)
  • Beg Me (Steele Brothers, #4)
  • One Night (Only You, #1)
  • Fight For You
  • Summer's Temptation (Vandeveer University, #1)
  • Spencer (Not your average British romance, #1)
  • Chasing Bristol (The Finding Trilogy #2)
  • Sidelined (By His Game, #2)
  • Believing Bailey (Granton University, #3)
  • Dark Sacrifice (Dark Paradise #2)
  • Playing Pretend
  • Spike (Spark, #2)
  • Hidden (Hiding from Love, #3)
  • Insider
  • Draw Me In
  • Moment Of Clarity (Moments In Time #3)
  • Roman Holiday: The Complete Adventure (Roman Holiday, #1-10)
New York Times, USA Today bestselling author and #1 international bestselling author. A believer in kissing. A believer of love.

I also write contemporary romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

Sign up for my newsletter: https://www.monicamurphyauthor.com/ne...

Hang out with me on Instagram!

The Rules (4 books)
  • Fair Game (The Rules, #1)
  • In the Dark (The Rules, #2)
  • Safe Bet (The Rules, #4)
“What does it mean when a girl texts you a bunch of x’s and o’s?” I ask, frowning at my screen. “Are you for real right now?” When I send Shep a helpless look he shakes his head, muttering under his breath. “It means hugs and kisses, dumbass. Jesus, where have you been? Living under a rock?” 5 likes
“Words are meaningless when there are no actions backing them up. Prove to me that you feel that way. Don't just tell me, show me.” 1 likes