Start by marking “The Artist” as Want to Read:
The Artist

The Artist (The Game Changers #2)

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Katherine “Kitty” Peters is done doing what Daddy says…

When Kitty rebels against her wealthy father, he issues an ultimatum. She has one month to agree with his plans for a suitable marriage, or find her own way without the benefit of all he provides for her.

Taking full advantage of those precious weeks, Kitty escapes her suffocating world for a more colorful one…where sh
Published October 20th 2015 by Limitless Publishing (first published December 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Artist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Artist

Samantha
3.5 love is only real when sacrifice and pain follow it stars. The story was a decent read but there was something more missing. I don't really know but that is my gut feeling. I remember Kitty from The CEO and was relieved to see her relationship with Grant wasn't completely shredded due to her horrible parents, specifically father. Kitty and Adam first meet at a coffee shop she spends time at to write her column pieces for an online magazine. The two come from different upbringing and walks of ...more
Pamela
JMAC
Dec 10, 2014 JMAC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading Whole Life Makeover.

Katherine (Duchess or Kitty) had it rough. She was born rich. Her parents hated each other, yet were together because it "looked good" for business. Katherine's father was a big business man, and it was all about how he, and his family were perceived. Katherine, at the age of 28, was a puppet doll. Her parents controlled her every being. They told her what to eat, wear, drive, how to look, they even picked who she dated. Even though Katherine couldn'
Lisa
Excellent 5* read .
I had the pleasure of reading this book before release and I can say it a definite reread as soon as its released it was wonderfully wrote with excellent characters . Some of I loved some I hated and some I grew to understand.
I love Kitty. I really like a strong female lead who is not afraid to say fuck (my favourite word lol).
I love maverick. He just sounds like thee perfect bad boy / book boyfriend.
It was a story of romance and heartbreak and abuse and how kitty became the
Alyse
Nov 20, 2015 Alyse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For more reviews, please follow my blog:
alysenovak.blogspot.com

Katherine Peters parents' raised her to be the perfect society wife. The image of perfection and family "values" is important for her father's business. After 28 years of being under her parent's complete control, she finally snaps and tells her father to fuck off. He issues an ultimatum... She has one month to shape up and do as she is told or she will find herself without the benefits of her father's wealth.

When she meets Adam Vau
Melyssa Winchester
description

Title: Whole Life Makeover
Author: Shealy James
Series or Standalone: Series (Whole Life Series Book 2)
Rating: 5 Stars *****
Review:

I’ve stated above that this is the second book in a series, but each of these books, and while they do contain different couples, if you want to get a feel for the Kitty (Katherine) that was present before this book took place, you must go back and read the book that started it all. Whole Life Re-Do.

Now, I didn’t much like Kitty in the last book. I didn’t loathe her
Sassy Southern
Dec 12, 2014 Sassy Southern rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review

So this wasn't my typical kind of read, but with that being said i really did enjoy it.

Katherine (aka kitty) is your typical rich, spoiled socialite. She lives in a condo that daddy pays for wears clothes that mommy approves of and is excepted to marry whom they say. At the age of 28 though she hates all the men she has been set up with and really just wants to break free and be her own person.

Reading this book gave me a different view of how o
Jennifer Jura
Jan 25, 2015 Jennifer Jura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katherine & Adam. I do not even know where to begin with these two! These two have the kind of love that every little girl grows up wanting! Katherine is trying to discover herself outside of her parents dictating life. Come to find out Adam is just the man to help her! He shows her a life she never knew existed. Adam (AKA Maverick) shows Katherine (AKA Kitty) the love she has always longed for. She becomes close to his family & friends. They face obstacle after obstacle in their relatio ...more
Karla Reed
Nov 21, 2014 Karla Reed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shealy James does a great job of creating characters who really pull you into the story, and this book was no different. If you read Whole Life Re-Do, then you will remember Kitty as a spoiled, rich girl who is very easy to dislike. However, Whole Life Makeover gives Kitty the chance to tell her story, and you will find yourself feeling sorry for her, rooting for her, and genuinely liking her. It doesn't hurt that her love interest is such an interesting character, too.

This book has a little bi
Shannon
Mar 25, 2015 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: strong-heroine
Review Is with Summer's Book Blog, but this was a fantastic 4.5 Star Read!
A. McCarty
Dec 11, 2014 A. McCarty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written and well worth the read. I can't say too much without giving anything away, so I will leave you with this: this is a must read. I highly recommend it.

Imaginative Dreams was given for an honest review.
Angie
I was so drawn into Katherine's world (told from her point of view), I read this book in one sitting. It started off a little shaky for me. I quickly grew frustrated and tired of a 28 year old Katherine letting her parents run her life and speak to her with so little regard. Obviously, we were being introduced to her world and personal hell (aka parents), but there might have initially been a scene/example too many to keep me going. I'm glad I didn't let my initial pity for Katherine keep me fro ...more
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Dec 12, 2014 Naturalbri (Bri Wignall) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: liked-it
~ WHAT I THOUGHT~

Growing up we are all trying to find our way amongst the crowd, to find ourselves and become the person we feel we are meant to be. However, some people aren't given that freedom. They have life forced upon them, trapped and unable to truly be free.

Sometimes those people are the ones we least expect.

Our main character finds herself in a similar situation. She is trapped, drowning in a life where everything about her is a facade. Her parents live a privileged life, where everyt
Kathy Wideman
Dec 09, 2014 Kathy Wideman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is the second book in the series but it can be read as a stand alone. I was worried cause I had not read the first one but I wasn't confused or lost at all. This book is about a girl named Katherine but her parents and pretty much everyone else calls her Kitty and she hates it. Plus all the cat jokes and comments that go with it. Her parents control everything about her life. They have made it so she has to do what they want. Her mother has wanted her to marry a boy named Grant pretty much ...more
Kristen Luciani
Dec 01, 2014 Kristen Luciani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!

Ms. James really hit a home run with the second book in the Whole Life series. I am so impressed with the depth of this story. There were a lot of emotions conveyed throughout the book and I felt them all..the excitement, the love, the pain, the anger, the disappointment. The overall plot development was excellent and satisfying. I adored the characters...yes, especially Maverick!!!! He's a perfect compliment to Katherine (a.k.a Kitty, her alter ego).

Kitty really came into her ow
Ryan Ringbloom
Nov 17, 2014 Ryan Ringbloom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fav-authors
Fantastic Read!!!

This was one of those books that I just couldn't put down. Every time I did, I found myself missing it. Wondering what would happen next.
I was excited for Kitty's(Katherine)story and it did not disappoint.

It was a sexy, smart, fun read!! The characters are fantastically written! The side characters are amazing and add so much to the story. I fell in love with way more than just the main characters. I'm definitely excited to see who and what comes next!!

Shealy does an excelle
Geboyd
Dec 01, 2014 Geboyd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From hate to love

Kitty. Ugh!!! What a BIT#H in the first book I thought she was. But as we all know, looks can be deceiving and what we all thought was a spoiled princess was a woman trying to find herself and break away from her parents and who was thinking she was not worthy of love.
I loathed her parents and wished horrible things to happen to them during the whole book but again, things are not always what they seem, at least in her mother's case.
I enjoyed the journey Katherine took in this
Mia Rivers
Dec 01, 2014 Mia Rivers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AHHHHH-MAZINGGGGG !!!

WOW !!! I don't even know where to begin. I absolutely LOVED this story. I can say it is by far my favorite from this author. It is a story that will stay with me for a very long time.

I love love loved the main characters. Although I felt Kitty (let me not call her that since she hates it) Katherine's pain all along, I was so proud of her when she grew a pair and sent her father to hell. My God how I despised him. A poor excuse for a man.

Adam was such a keeper. Now let me c
Heather
Nov 16, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This books really makes you think about the differences between people and how much one person is willing to lose to make someone else happy. "Kitty" does everything her parents want her to and always has. Her life has never been her own; her parents have controlled everything since the day she was born. She has always known that she would be married to a guy chosen by her parents rather than one that she loved. After the first arranged marriage falls apart because the guy fell in love, her pare ...more
Maya
Oct 23, 2015 Maya marked it as not-for-me  ·  review of another edition
Self note:

I'm not reading this one, since Kitty was a terrible character in the first book and my dislike for her is not going to change, especially with a blurb like this one. She should make it on her own and not depend on her fathers connections!
Donna Jones

This was so close to being a four star but i can only give it a three and a half.

The story begins with poor Little rich girl Kitty being groomed for the Socialite life by her

Parents but she is desperately unhappy with this life and she pretends to be the heartbroken girl who’s fiancee has dumped her for the love of his life.

kitty is living the life her parents want her to have but she cant live this way forever and after another failed arranged marriage attempt (to the wonderful Ward) Kitty give
Natasha du Plessis
Thank you to Netgalley and Limitless Publishing for giving me the opportunity to review 'The Artist".
This is the second book in a series, I did not read the fist book but it did not feel as if I missed something. The story line flowed seamlessly. This was a very entertaining read. Loved the romance between Duchess and Maverick, hated Kitty's family. A nice romantic story with a twist. If you love a good old romance, this is the book for you.
loves 2 read romance
Poor Katherine. She definitely proves that money isn't everything. Her life is controlled, every single aspect. Through it all she maintains her heart. She is always putting others before herself even to the detriment of her own happiness.
Adam is a wonderful man. His artistic abilities are simply amazing. He pours his heart into his work. He has an amazing family and friends.
Somethings Duchess does not have. Maverick is willing to help her be who she wants to be. A tragedy strikes in his life a
Roz Ward
Nov 09, 2015 Roz Ward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really great story. I loved the characters and the build up was great. There were a lot of typo's and grammatical errors but it didn't distract the story too much. I was a little confused by all the men friends, like Maddox, grant, Nolan. Maybe their friendships could've been elaborated on a little more. Adam....I frigging love him. Like totally love him. Like he is my dream. I want him.
Tammy
Oct 30, 2015 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kitty tires of doing everything her parents tell her and when she rebels. Her father tells her she has a month to agree with his plans for marriage to the man he tells her or she will be cut off. Kitty meets Adam and know her father wouldn’t approve but can’t stay away. Will these two find love together or will Kitty’s family get in the way. Great read, sexy and sweet and lots of drama.
Heather andrews
Oct 25, 2015 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Maverick is seriously the sweetest man, “good morning, Duchess. You were supposed to stay in bed naked for me. I was bringing you breakfast.” I just loved Maverick, “how about you come stay with me because you’re crazy about me and don’t want to be anywhere but where I am? That’s why I’d want you there.” I enjoyed this book, I felt bad for Katherine with the sacrifices that she had to make, but I'm glad she found her own way in the end.
Angel Hatfield
Mar 26, 2016 Angel Hatfield rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kitty was not engaged to the boy her mother and his mother planned on since her birth. Now Kitty believed Grant confirmed she was unlovable just like her parents always believed. The only thing kitty enjoyed was writing . She had a small column for an online magazine. Kitty’s best friend was Penelope Allen- who had everything she wanted handed to her since the day she was born. Victoria was a social climber but still a friend as it was convenient for both of them. But they always reported back t ...more
Shealy James
Dec 01, 2015 Shealy James rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am happy to report that Whole Life Re-Do and Whole Life Makeover will be temporarily unavailable as they undergo revisions and new branding. This series has been picked up by a publisher and will re-release very soon. Please stop by www.shealyjamesbooks.com for more information.
Anna
Dec 04, 2015 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one was a struggle honestly. Maverick/Adam was all you want a hero to be - sexy, sweet, loyal, deep, etc. Katherine/Duchess was everything that annoys me in a heroine - whiny, let's herself be walked over and just says "that's the way it is, what can I do?". Her response or lack of to her father, mother, and "best friends" is annoying and frustrating. Hard to invest emotionally in a heroine like her. And hard to understand what a hero like Adam sees in her.

The plus of this book was the swe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Now It's Just Us (Wrong Girl, #1.5)
  • The Rise of Memphis - January Chronicles (Rebel and a Saint Book 1)
  • Four Horsemen MC Boxed Set: Books 1-2 (Four Horsemen MC #1-2)
  • Seducing Jordan (Ache of Desire #1)
  • NEED (For the Love of the Billionaire #1)
  • Duplicity (Duplicity, #1)
  • Sons of Josiah (Vampire Love Story, #7)
  • Stage Left (Bright Lights Billionaire Book 1)
  • Love at the 20-Yard Line
  • Lost in New York (The Lucy Ripken Mysteries, #5)
  • Something Real (Friends #3)
  • In the Wind
  • Captivated by Jax (Sawson's Royal College, #1)
  • Flood, Flash, and Pheromones
  • TERROR UNLEASHED (Noah Reid Action Thriller, #1)
  • Lighting Candles in the Snow
  • Love & Oreos
  • A Touch of Passion
Shealy James is Georgia native who teaches middle school math during the day and disappears into fiction at night. She is an avid reader and a writer who laughs in the face of middle school angst and welcomes humor, drama, and the all-important happy ending. Shealy is the author of the Finding Series and the Game Changers Series. Book 1 in the Game Changers Series releases August 18.

For more infor
More about Shealy James...

The Game Changers (2 books)
  • The CEO (The Game Changers Series Book 1)