Start by marking “Okay, So Look: A Humorous Retelling of the Book of Genesis” as Want to Read:
Okay, So Look: A Humorous Retelling of the Book of Genesis

Okay, So Look: A Humorous Retelling of the Book of Genesis

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Genesis… retold for those of us who could never make it past all those “begats.”

The Book of Genesis has some truly great stories, and is the foundation of many themes that are used again and again in literature. But many of us skip it because we bog down in the long series of "begats." Comedian Micah Edwards applied his comedic skills to his lifelong interest in the Bible,
Published October 14th 2015 by Annorlunda Books, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Okay, So Look, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Okay, So Look

Red
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you're like me, you only pick up the bible with the intention of reading it when your phone is dead and you're stuck in a hotel room for a while. Still, you want to sound smart when the category comes up on Jeopardy, or when that hipster friend you have starts spouting off about the religious idolatry in today's consumerist culture. Or something like that.

Okay, So Look takes all the guess work out of figuring out what the sometimes convoluted language of the Bible is actually saying, and brin
Jamie
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"So on the first day, God just created the first day."
Sherie
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love it when an author interprets a portion of the Bible in a way that had eluded me or better yet in a way I’d always secretly considered but never divulged because it was too weird.
Micah Edwards, the author, asserts that just because a book is considered divinely inspired doesn’t mean that one can’t put one’s own spin on it.
Autumn
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
Last year I started reading the Bible and made it to somewhere in the middle of Leviticus before realizing that I wasn't interested in going further with it. I have some very strong opinions about the books I did read, but I do my best to keep my opinions to myself out of respect for my peers as Faith is a sensitive topic.

Anyway, considering that Genesis was a chore to get through the first time, it doesn't matter how much humor and paraphrasing a person throws in, digesting the same stories a s
San Diego Book Review
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Kitty Forbes

In the beginning...in a way you've never seen it before. Hilariously funny take on Genesis with irreverent answers to all those niggling questions everyone that has read the Bible has, whether they admit it or not. Beginning with the foreword; Genesis takes on a whole new meaning as God creates the heavens and earth and everything else, or does he?
You can read this entire review and others like it at San Diego Book Review.
Johnatmry
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Between the Begats

A close and funny reading of Genesis by Mr. Edwards that describes one of our culture's first books with open-eyed candor and unrelenting accuracy, but not meanness.
Lisa
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super fun! If you like snark and are at all interested in Bible stories this is for you. Was laughing out loud in public.
Susan
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The author doesn't like the "begats" in Genesis or other books of the Bible. I feel he is really missing some very interesting history in Bible times.
Stephanie
Jess
rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Editions need combining 3 12 Oct 09, 2015 10:35AM
  • Iron Axe (The Books of Blood and Iron, #1)
  • Caedmon Wolves: Volume I  (Caedmon Wolves, #1-3)
  • Echoes in Death (In Death, #44)
  • Bloodsick (Scarlett Bernard, #0.1)
  • Sin City Goddess (Secret Goddess, #1)
  • Crescent Moon
  • Corsair
  • Love in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction
  • The Runner (The Runner, #1)
  • Iron Night (Generation V, #2)
  • All Fall Down
  • Yours Completely (Billionaires and Brides #1)
  • The Washington Adventure
  • Revolutionary
  • Irresistible Refrain (Tempest, #1; Black Cat Records, #4)
  • Badger
  • Sister Maria Celeste's Letters to Her Father, Galileo
  • Hard Day's Knight (Black Knight Chronicles, #1)