Jump to ratings and reviews

Fate #6

His to Guard

Even if you've given up, it doesn't mean your heart ever does.

With her life in danger, Raquel Santana had just begun to blend into the sleepy little town she'd escaped to, to start over. Now her father's non-negotiable plan to protect her could ruin everything. After adamantly refusing to have someone watch over her, she finally relents.

Only nothing can prepare her for who arrives at her doorstep.

Finding out the beautiful woman Isaiah Romero is assigned to guard is someone he has a sizzling past with—someone he's never been able to forget—should've been a good thing. But when that woman is someone who a)he'd never trust with his heart again and b)completely off limits to him forever now, his loyalties are tested.

When the forbidden becomes His to Guard . . .restraint becomes a torment.

Despite the attraction he's surprised he still feels for her and the inevitable sexual tension he knows he'll have to endure, Isaiah is adamant about one thing: even unwritten rules should never be broken—until they are

Note to readers who are not caught up yet and wondering who Isaiah is? The Fate series is a Moreno Brothers spin off series Isaiah, Nathan and AJ "Rage" Romero are cousins of Romero from the MB series. They were introduced in the 3d Fate book Suspicious Minds (Fate #3). They are brothers and their sister Olivia, was paired of with Lorenzo Moreno in Suspicious Minds. In Again (Fate #4),their youngest sister Emi, is paired off with Sydney from Forever Mine the first in the MB series. I have one more story planned for the Fate series after this one Uninvited tentatively scheduled to be released sometime in 2016. But you can add it to your GoodReads shelf now! =)

First published February 26, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Elizabeth Reyes

51 books4,082 followers
Elizabeth Reyes is a USA Today Best Selling Author of The Moreno Brothers, 5th Street, Fate, Looking Glass, De Luca Boys series' and two stand alone novels Desert Heat, & Defining Love.

Join the fun and become a royal member of TeamReyes and enjoy the perks of early announcements,cover reveals teasers, including exclusive teasers shared only the group. Along with exclusive team,giveaways,discussions, trivia, Secret Santa and much much more!

Note to readers, I don't do dark, tragic or kill off main characters no matter what it might seem like. Just keep reading and trust me you'll ALWAYS get an HEA from me!

Moreno Brothers:

Forever Mine - New Adult / Mature YA

Sweet Sofie - New Adult/ Mature YA

Forever Yours - New Adult (Angel and Sarah's follow up (college story!)

When You Were Mine - (A prequel novella to Always Been Mine)- New Adult

Always Been Mine - Adult contemporary

Romero - New Adult- Adult contemporary

Making You Mine - New Adult
(with bonus Angel and Sarah short "Only 8 days") *Tearjerker

Tangled - (A Moreno Brothers holiday novella) Featuring Romero and Izzy

Tall, Dark & Obnoxious - Adult Romantic Comedy- short featuring Izzy's uptight sister and Romero's obnoxious uncle.

5th Street:

Nine - Adult Contemporary/RomCom

Orlando - Adult Contemporary

Looking Glass

Girl In The Mirror - Adult Contemporary/psychological thriller

We Were One - Adult Contemporary *MAJOR tear jerker but TRUST ME! ;)

De Luca Boys

Remi's Choice - Adult Contemporary - Love triangle MAJOR angst - cheating but hailed one of the BEST love triangles written.

For more up to date info visit her website at www.ElizabethReyes.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
26 (6%)
1 star
16 (3%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 49 reviews
Profile Image for Sybil aka Lala.
478 reviews187 followers
February 29, 2016
Well played Ms Reyes, well played.

What happens when you’ve made a horrible first impression and judgment is passed on circumstantial glimpses into your life from outsiders?

Isaiah and Kelli spent one blissful weekend together. They formed a deep and passionate connection, or so Isaiah thought. Because the one girl he was willing to take a chance on broke his heart when she just up and disappeared. It was a big wound to move on from and one that only deepened when she appeared again – on the arm of his brother.

Kelli is known to the ‘family first’ Romero clan as the flighty girl with too many secrets and a fickle relationship with the truth. But she has a lot going on in her life and not everything is convenient to explain. Her life is placed in danger by her father’s ‘business activities’ and so she decides to cut all ties and move to a small town. When the threat against her becomes too uncomfortable, her father orders protection and as fate would have it, her brand new bodyguard is none other than Isaiah Romero.

Isaiah is fiercely loyal to his family and even though he is completely attracted to this girl, his brother layed a claim once and he could NEVER betray that trust. He will just have to deal with his errant lust and fight against his jealousy and the intense urge he feels to claim her. No matter how hard it gets.

No couple is an island and as with the other books in this series family, sometimes annoyingly, played a big part in their story and it caused some amazing friction. I loved watching Isaiah be tortured by his attraction towards her, and I loved it even more when his control snapped and he couldn’t help himself. There’s nothing like a secret romance to raise the stakes and up the chemistry.

Aside from the angst and sexual tension that was rife within this book, I also thought it was well written. I loved how the author based this book on a bad first impression and how she built the tension with half-truths, assumptions and the unveiling of new twists throughout the book only to find its climax in an awesome ending. Kelli’s life certainly WAS complicated and her explanations were sometimes flimsy at best. New players and old acquaintances kept moving in and out of her life and I became frustrated with this girl but this author didn’t give anything away until exactly the right moment.

All in all, this book was great. It was filled with action, passion, hot and lustful interactions, danger, twists and above all a lot of confusion and misconceptions that kept me nailed to the end.

(ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review)
Profile Image for Angie.
1,369 reviews107 followers
May 5, 2016
This felt like two stories in one. The plot was kind of all over the place. But that didn't ruin my enjoyment of the story. Poor Kelli. She just couldn't catch a break. Misunderstanding after misunderstanding (plus some Romero hard-headed pride and jealousy) kept her and Isaiah apart. Of course, Kelli made her share of mistakes as well.

But fate keeps bringing them back together. Lots of good stuff in this book - firefighters, mafia, bodyguards, car crashes, car hood sex, terrorism (not good but intense), cat burglary (giggles), a chili cook off, and Halloween.

I'm looking forward to Nathan's book. Well done!
Profile Image for Lindy.
795 reviews201 followers
My Thoughts:

Elizabeth Reyes is one of my favorite authors. All of her books are excellent. I love having a go-to author that I know will deliver a great read every single time. I have been waiting, not so patiently for His to Guard, and I was in "book heaven" while I read this story. There are so many ways that Ms. Reyes delivered with this book. She gave me an alluring bookish escape, amazing characters, and an engaging plot. I devoured His to Guard in one sitting. It flowed easily, and was extremely fast-paced. The sizzling hot attraction between the main characters was visceral. I felt their passion, longing, and connection.

Isaiah Romero meets the sexy and beautiful Raquel "Kelli" Santana at a bar, and spends one unbelievable weekend with her. He's never felt such a connection with another woman before. Everything is so easy and effortless when he's with her, and the passion they share is life changing. However, after that weekend, Kelli never calls him or answers any of his texts.

A month later Kelli shows up at a family function with Isaiah's younger brother Nathan, and it's obvious that his brother is serious about her. Kelli didn't know that Isaiah and Nathan were related, and says that she is just friends with his brother. Isaiah doesn't believe her, especially after Nathan calls her "His Girl." Kelli is forced to go in to hiding when her mafioso father is targeted by dangerous enemies. Isaiah has just gotten a job as a bodyguard with his cousin Moe's security firm.

He is shocked when he learns that the person that needs protection is Kelli, who was assigned to him under an alias with a false background. Isaiah is on high alert from escalating danger, and is struggling to resist the temptation he feels towards her on a daily basis. He could never betray his brother, by being with the girl that Nathan cared so deeply about. Kelli has deep feelings, but knows that trying to be with Isaiah is a losing battle...Or is it?

His to Guard was an exciting romance. I loved the constant push-pull of the main characters. Isaiah was so sexy!!! I loved his alpha male tendencies, and the fact that he tried to pretend that he didn't care, but couldn't help when his jealousy and possessiveness came out! Talk about sizzling hot, explosive, raw passion. I couldn't get enough of this power couple!

I am really looking forward to Nathan Romero's story. This sexy firefighter playboy is the last Romero standing. I can't wait to see the woman that steals his heart, and makes him a one-woman man!

My Rating:

As per usual, the main characters and secondary characters are what makes Ms. Reyes books so special. The strong ties of friendship and family are authentic, endearing, and entertaining. The passion and romance between her characters are always on point. I give, His to Guard, by Elizabeth Reyes, 4.5 Instant Connection, Secrets, Danger, Fake Fiancee, Raw Passion Filled Stars!

*To Read More Book Reviews, Visit http://www.abookishescape.com
Profile Image for Ivette.
258 reviews9 followers
February 26, 2016
I one-click Elizabeth’s book, I don’t need to read the blurb. When I read Elizabeth’s book I feel like I’m right there with these characters. I always love the male characters but in this book I was all about the female character. I know many may get upset but I absolutely adore Kelli. She was determined, feisty and was not letting anyone get in her way of what she wanted. I want to knocked out Isaiah a few times. My heart broke for Nathan but I still don’t blame Kelli. My favorite characters make an appearance, The Uncles and of course My BH Romero. This series gets better and better. Looking forward to Nathan's book! Team Kelli!
Profile Image for Kirke.
902 reviews46 followers
March 7, 2016
First impressions are more important than you might realize. After spending one amazing weekend together, Isaiah never hears from Raquel again, until she shows up as his brother’s date at a family party. Que the drama. Tension all around, feelings are hurt, secrets are kept, and there is a lot of misunderstandings happening.

Honestly I don’t blame Isaiah’s reaction, and behaviour towards Raquel. I believe the fact that he is so harsh, is because he fell so easily, and so hard for her. Time passes, and it looks like they might get a second chance, as long as they can look beyond their history. Isaiah has a hard time letting go off that, holding on to his anger, trying to keep Raquel at bay, so he won’t get hurt again.

Which is pretty futile. The connection these two have is pretty unique, and if you ever find that in your life, hang on. Raquel knows she’s made mistakes, she didn’t handle everything that well. She wants another chance with Isaiah, but it’s a slow process. He has trouble trusting her, and his family is even worse. So Raquel has to fight against all that negativity, which is exhausting.

I found that when they gave it a second chance, Raquel redeemed herself pretty well. Therefor I didn’t like the fact that all these Romero’s kept holding that grudge towards her. Even Isaiah, who loves her, had so much trouble trusting her again. This all making it more difficult than it had to be. A couple of times things just seemed doomed, making me wonder if these two really belong together if things are that hard.

Luckily they never fully gave up. It was quite the battle, with many unexpected twists and turns, and an overload on drama, but I loved the way their story ended. His To Guard is once again a great addition to the Fate series. I just love Elizabeth Reyes‘ unique love stories, with relatable, and real characters. If you like alpha men, then you really should get started reading all of her books.

*I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for Bibi.
108 reviews
March 5, 2016
Another great read

Isaiah wasn't looking for love. He had a loving family and a rewarding career as a fire fighter. He was content and didn't need anything else. And then he met Kelli and everything changed. What should have been a one night fling turned into an intense weekend that he would never forget.

Kelli wasn't interested in love. She wasn't even sure if she believed in true love. Her life was complicated and starting a relationship would never work. And then she met Isaiah and she started to question everything. She didn't do the one night thing but she couldn't deny the chemistry she was sharing with Isaiah.

There are so many things and reasons why Isaiah and Kelli would never work but fate kept stepping in to try to make them realize that when you are meant to be together nothing and no one will interfere.

Elizabeth Reyes takes you through a bumpy ride of ups and downs in this story, so sit back, put your seatbelt on and get ready for a great story.
Profile Image for Frances Hernandez.
214 reviews1 follower
February 28, 2016
Wow. I give this book a 5 star.
Omg this book is so good. I read it in one sitting.
I couldn't put it down. I don't think Elizabeth could make me like Kelli because in Rage I HATED her lol and boy was I wrong. Lol. I really love Isaac's book and I really can't wait for the next book. I highly recommend reading this book. Must read for me.
376 reviews1 follower
March 21, 2016
In the novel Rage we learn Isaiah and Kelli know each other. After Rage I wasn't a fan of Kelli but I adore her after this story. In the beginning of His to Guard we get to find out about their hook up, how they wanted more but it wasn't too be. Loved this story so much I read it in one go.
Profile Image for Rosi.
3 reviews
Read
March 7, 2016
Had me at the edge of my seat

I enjoyed reading Isaiah and Kellie's story. Men can be so stubborn and this one shows how far it can get out of hand. Elizabeth has another winner here. I love all her books.
Profile Image for Wonderland Book Sleeve.
222 reviews1 follower
March 13, 2016
Leave it to Elizabeth to get me out of my reading funk. Loved Isaiah and Kelli! What a roller coaster this one was. I can't wait for Nathan's story.
Profile Image for Mikki D.
600 reviews80 followers
February 28, 2016
One of my most anticipated reads of 2016 was His to Guard by Elizabeth Reyes. When I finished reading Rage, which is the 5th installment in the Fate series, I knew that these characters were going to drive me nuts. Let me explain. Rage is AJ's story (Isaiah's brother). We got a few scenes in which Kelli and Isaiah were involved. I was so freakin' confused and I had a really bad vibe about Miss Kelli ''I love keeping secrets'' Santana. I was so mad with her!!!

From the moment that they meet, sparks fly between Raquel ''Kelli'' Santana and Isaiah Romero. They spend an unforgettable weekend together and both develop strong feelings towards each other. When Kelli never calls back, after their weekend together, Isaiah has no other choice but to forget about her...Until she walks back into his life. Her sudden return is filled with lies and secrets. Kelli wants to explain why she never called back, but Isaiah has set some rules when it comes to a relationship with Kelli. He has no intentions of breaking them and hurting the people that he loves. Kelli does what she does best and disappears again. As time goes by, Isaiah is determined to forget Kelli, but his feelings are too strong. Fate has other plans when it comes to Isaiah's relationship with Kelli. She comes back unexpectedly into his life and she will do whatever it takes to make him understand why she acted the way she did. Rules will be broken and loyalties will be tested. Will Isaiah be able to forgive Kelli once she reveals all her secrets?

I could not wait to see what Elizabeth had up her sleeve when it came to Kelli. I had my doubts about this heroine, but I must admit that I was cheering for #TeamKelli before the 50% mark. Once she revealed her secrets, it all made sense why she acted the way she did. I really, really, really did not like her in Rage. I'm not the only reader that felt that way about her, but Elizabeth did a phenomenal job with Kelli's character. I have to admit I was wrong and pleaded mea culpa. I felt bad for Kelli in some scenes of the book. Isaiah is a Romero after all and if you are familiar with the Romero's, you know that they have a special temper ... lol!!! No matter how many times she tried to explain herself, Isaiah kept on doubting her. It was a journey filled with many ups and downs for these two characters. I loved how they both grew has individuals. It was not an easy road for these two lovebirds, but their HEA was inevitable.

His to Guard kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end! It's a beautiful story that will make you feel all kinds of different emotions. I highly suggest you read the previous books in the Fate series. I absolutely love them all and you are seriously missing out if you have never read a book by Elizabeth Reyes. She's a wonderful storyteller and her characters are simply unforgettable! Reuniting with all the Romero siblings was pure joy and my little heart was so happy. These characters have all a special place in my heart. I highly recommend His to Guard as your next reading escape. You will not be disappointed!

I give, His to Guard, 4.5 passionate, intense, unexpected, second chance at love stars!
Profile Image for Deanna (A Novel Glimpse).
3,181 reviews35 followers
February 23, 2016
His to Guard is the sixth book in the Fate series. The Fate series is a spin-off of The Moreno Brothers series. You don’t have to read the rest of these series prior to reading His to Guard, but there are some characters and situations from the previous books.

In His to Guard, Isaiah Romero meets Kelli in a bar. After an amazing weekend together, they go their separate ways. All Isaiah has of Kelli from that weekend are steamy memories and her phone number. Too bad she won’t answer his texts.

Then, out of nowhere, Isaiah runs into Kelli…at his family function…as his brother Nathan’s date. (This isn’t really spoiler-ish. It’s mentioned in book 5, Rage.) Isaiah is devastated. He thought they shared a connection, but he won’t have anything to do with his brother’s woman. Luckily, Kelli soon moves and Isaiah never has to see her again.

Until he shows up for his new private security job protecting “Raquel”. As hard as he tries, Isaiah can’t avoid his feelings for Kelli.

I hate saying this because I love Elizabeth Reyes’ writing, but His to Guard started out a little rocky for me. It just didn’t flow well in the first chapter. I even went back and reread it after finishing the book to see if it was just me. It wasn’t. Luckily, it was just the first chapter that felt that way. The rest of the story flowed smoothly.

Once I got past the first chapter, I really enjoyed His to Guard. Isaiah was one of Reyes’ typical macho, jealous, overly protective heroes. He definitely made me swoon. Kelli was harder to read. She was a strong, intelligent woman, but I was almost as confused as Isaiah was over whether she was a liar or not. It was fun to be a little suspicious of her.

My favorite thing about His to Guard was getting to go back to scenes in Rage that were from A.J.’s view point Nathan, Kelli and Isaiah and find out what really happened. It added so much more to the story and it set up what was to come perfectly!

I don’t want to give too much away, but the only part of the story I didn’t care for was what happened to Isaiah toward the end of the story. It surprised me after what went on earlier in the book with his firefighter job. It just seemed like a lot to happen to one person in a book. I liked how it set up the ending (Which was PERFECT, by the way!), though.

Overall, I truly enjoyed being back in the Romero family’s world. His to Guard was a solid addition to the family. I would highly recommend any of The Moreno Brothers or the Fate series book to New Adult contemporary romance readers. I can’t wait to find out what is in store next for Isaiah’s brother, Nathan, in Uninvited!

**I received an electronic copy of His to Guard from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Mignon Mykel.
Author 77 books643 followers
February 23, 2016
Lately, I have found Elizabeth Reyes's books to be easy reads that get me through the hump of reading. In this latest Fate book, we have Isaiah "Sai" Romero. I loved his connection with Kelli -- even though these two battle trust issues from the beginning to the end of their story. Not only trust issues, though, there's the issue of his family, as well -- because not only does Kelli have a past with Isaiah, but she has a bit of a past with Nathan, his brother, as well.

This is a story of trust and fighting attraction, a story of battling what you want versus the outside opinions in your family, as well as a story of the importance of communication. Kelli and Isaiah's story certainly isn't an easy one. The first half was good, but I found the second half of the book to hold the most drama, and therefore had me pressing on to read more. I needed to know more, as everything started to fall in -- or out of -- place.

I will say... Kelli fights for the approval of Isaiah's family and it was an ongoing battle from beginning to end (I can't say I remember too much of her in Rage, though... I was super focused on AJ and little Clair, I guess). It's not an easy fight in the least bit. One of the tougher people to convince is AJ -- and I absolutely loved the scenes with him. What can I say, I loved AJ in Rage. I wish we had more AJ and Clair scenes, but there's a sweet little family-man AJ scene at the end of this one that made my heart happy, so it was all good.

This epilogue was incredibly cute. It showcases the full circle of what Kelli and Isaiah go through, and it couldn't have been done in a sweeter way.

*received a copy of the title in exchange for an honest review
Profile Image for Gretchen Anderson.
348 reviews65 followers
March 1, 2016
Morals and Truth. Justice and doing the right thing. Family and Friends. TRUST. CHEMISTRY. All this forms this amazing story!

Isaiah and Kelli are not looking for a relationship. At all! Kelli got ditched at the bar when her friend went off with some other guy. She didn’t mind - the things she was feeling sitting next to Isaiah was a feeling she didn’t think she believed in any longer.

Isaiah did the one-night stand thing. A lot. No relationships for him. He got the girl out the door ASAP. So he was surprised by how much he wanted to spend time with Kelli. Even out of bed.

Both are confused. The one-night they both agreed on became a weekend. Apointments got cancelled. Commitments ditched. They stayed at the hotel and were rerunctant to leave. Even when they finally parted ways - they traded numbers. Neither wanted a relationship, but neither could deny the amazing chemistry they had. It would go down as the best weekend of their lives.

Fate. Destiny. Sometimes it all seems aligned. Then - BAM - something takes it all away and makes you wonder and second guess everything. Your feelings. The chemistry. Had it been there after all?

This story takes many twist and turns but it’s fantastic. The author weaves you in and out of each of their lives in a way that is absoutely wonderful. The characters so complicated, yet simple. Just amazing! A must read!

Highly recommend!

PS: I received and ARC and I realize those are often not final products. But this needs to go thru editing again. There were lots of spacing issues, run on sentences and things like: wasn ’t. I don’t let this affect my opinion of the book at all - just FYI.
Profile Image for Courtney.
1,528 reviews180 followers
March 16, 2016
His To Guard is the 6th book in the Fate series. You can read it as a standalone (each book is about a particular couple) but since this series is very family oriented, I would recommend reading them in order - just gives you a better all-around awesome feeling!

This is about Kelli and Isaiah. We got introduced to Kelli in Rage and we knew she was going to be quite the interesting one. However - there is always more to it then just the one side we see. But the first impression is always the one people judge you on unfortunately.

After Kelli an Isaiah have a very unexpected yet amazing weekend together - things go the opposite direction. Then shit hits the fan and things are misconstrued. They aren't "reunited" til he is hired to guard her, unbeknownst to both of them. And let's just say it seems as if Fate wants them together but other problems seem to always get in their way.

I don't want to give too many details away because it will just ruin the whole story. Elizabeth always gives us a story with many twists and unexpected turns that have your emotions all over the place. As with all her other books, Isaiah's family isn't too far from one another. They are involved in every facet of their lives and protect their family fiercely. This just adds to all the tension, angst but also shows the love and devotion of this family.

Another beautiful story from Elizabeth Reyes. I can always count on her and her books to bring a smile to my face!
Profile Image for Judy.
2,977 reviews
His to Guard by Elizabeth Reyes
Fate Series Book Six
Isaiah Romero's first and foremost loyalty went to his family. His two sisters and two brothers and their families. And the bro code was you never date your brother's ex. That left Isaiah in an uncomfortable predicament when his brother Nathan introduces him to “his girl.” A girl Isaiah would have liked to claim as his.

Raquel Santana had some big issues going on her life. Issues that had her avoiding relationships. It didn't matter much until she met one special guy. Even so, she had to stay away. Only she could have the worst luck in the world and end up meeting him again...while she was with his brother.

Another great addition to this series. I love the way the family members whose stories have already been written are so intertwined in the new stories. The crazy uncles, cousins and siblings. As always, be ready for the emotional roller coaster with the knowledge that it will come to a stop and everyone will get off at the end with their happily-ever-after.
**Sexual content and language
Profile Image for Marcy.
1,727 reviews25 followers
March 3, 2016
Isaiah and Kelli's story started in Rage, although there was a lot of mystery surrounding it. That mystery stays throughout His to Guard. Their relationship was so full of ups and downs. Their immediate connection was intense and strong, but circumstances kept her away from him after that first weekend. When she shows up with Nathan, that throws a big monkey wrench into things. That part originally occurs in Rage, and I remember being so confused by it. It was great to finally see things from Isaiah and Kelli's point of view. It's hard not to believe in fate while seeing all the ways they were brought together, time and time again. The Romero temper lives on in Sai, much to his demise a couple of times. This family only knows how to react first and think later, which makes for some very entertaining scenes. His to Guard is a story of instant connection and chemistry, passion, mystery and miscommunication, and love.
Profile Image for Christina.
42 reviews
Read
March 4, 2016
Another great book!!

This is such an amazing series & this book was no less! I want to be friends with the Morenos & Romeros! I wasn't sure how Kelly was going to turn out good but of course Mrs. Reyes did it! At some point I was more angry with those Romero brothers. This was a really great read & I can't wait to read Nathan's story!! Keep them coming Mrs. Reyes please keep em coming!
Profile Image for Ash Luna .
694 reviews11 followers
February 16, 2016
HIS TO GUARD IS A WONDERFUL AWAKENING OF LOVE GONE WRONG AND HOW SECOND CHANCES CAN BE WORTH WHILE,A NEW TURN FOR ELIZABETH REYES

His To Guard is a great addition to the Fate series, Isaiah however did bring out a naughtier side of Elizabeths writing.

Isaiah and Kelli were introduced in Rage and you knew Kelli was going to probably be it for Isaiah, but after you read there small part you really have no clue what is in story for the love affair they have.

Isaiah and Kelli share an amazing weekend of love making and they both fall head over heels for one another, Isaiah wants more and he tries to get in contact with Kelli and make her his. However, Kelli is staying distant because her past comes out to bite her in the butt.
Than Kelli some how meets up with Isaiah while she is on a NON date with his brother!!

When this was all going down I was like seriously what the hell man she is a whore, because this part does play out in Rage's book

pretty little liars photo: whyareyoutalking.gif

When Kelli sees Isaiah she kinda freaks and than when her side comes out you see why she pushed him away and I felt so bad for the poor girl, but than I wanted to smack her because I fell for Isaiah because he is just so sweet and feel in love with her and felt heartbroken when she just dissed him. However when they do talk he tells her straight up that nothing can happen because she is "HIS BROTHERS GIRL"

EEEEK THAT WAS SUCH A HORRIBLE PART I WANTED TO THORW SOMETHING!!

pretty little liars photo: Pretty Little Liars PLL35-1.gif

Soooo after that Kelli tells him goodbye and moves away to NEW MEXICO!! I loved that part because I am from New Mexico and it was like I was reading about home loved this touch it was awesome!!

Anyways Kelli moves there and her dad makes her get a body guard and low and behold it is freaking ISAIAH!! He is non to pleased with the situation and he is a total ass. Regardless he can't help the sparks and things get intense over time! Naughty Naughty the best love scenes Elizabeth has ever written happen and I was so flipping out!!

Than as soon as you think Kelli and Isaiah are going to have a HEA all kinds of crap goes down and boom Elizabeth freaking grabs your heart and stomps on it and you are like WHAT THE HELL!!

pretty little liars photo: Aria Montgomery tumblr_m41c9mM3Yy1r7ifqv.gif

In the end she does redeem herself and Kelli and Isaiah have the happy ending. I ate it all up!
pretty little liars photo: Ezria shaaalalala.gif
Profile Image for Black Betty.
186 reviews5 followers
March 6, 2017
Same shit different day.......

Seriously, Elizabeth Reyes? You're still writing contemporary romances? This book could've been a wonderful romance if the heroine had a conversation with the hero. Instead the reader got a lot of unnecessary drama. (Sound familiar?)

Add in a lot of wriggling eyebrows and yep, we have a Reyes "book"

Ms. Reyes the old ad for the Yellow Pages was NOT "let your eyebrows do the talking"!!!

So we have Kellie (Raquel) daughter of Marlon Brando in the Godfather. She has a wild weekend with firefighter Isaiah and the Dolmio family take pics if them shopping and threaten Isaiah via text message to Kellie. (Gotta love modern organised criminals who text). The text went something like this "whensa your Dolmio day" only not as clever.

Next they will "like" her FB pics and updates, with sinister comments such as "muhahaha, I'm twirling my moustache maniacally while posting 'you are so pretty, I hope old age doesn't ravage that pretty face!"

So, kel says nothing to Sai (yep, it's Sai now). She ignores his calls to protect him. A one night, sorry, a one weekend stand. Of course, Sai cannot get over her. And she can't get over him, though she uses his brother just to talk to Sai. And we are back to the conversation that should have happened day one.

Redonkulous!

Ten negative stars AND a warning. Ms Reyes should've quit while she was ahead.

If you like tripe, then read this. If not, please don't waste your money, time and effort.
Profile Image for Roxanne Johnson-bisland.
97 reviews1 follower
February 26, 2016
Wow this book was amazing.
I could not imagine meeting someone and having that instant connection.
Isaiah and Kelli hit it off from the start like they have known each other forever. They spend a hot night together that turns into a weekend in the bedroom and out being tourist.
Kelli doesnt give out her phone number or last name to anyone, she is not looking for a relationship but what she feels for Isaiah cannot be ignored. After Kelli returns home she starts to receive text messages from an unknown number and fears what could happen if she returns calls and text messages from Isaiah. Kelli has a secret she can not share with anyone and has always done what she can to stay away from her fathers life, a life like the mob.
Kelli fears what could happen to Isaiah if she keeps seeing him so she runs from her feelings.
After a while Kelli goes with a friend Nathan to one of his family get togethers and see's Isaiah again.
Kelli did not know that Nathan was Isaiah's brother. Kelli tries numerous times to speak with Isaiah to explain what happened but he wants nothing to do with her. After a few other things happen Kelli leaves town at the request of her father and moves from hotel to hotel and then eventually to a small town to lay low while her dad tries to retire. He hires body guards for Kelli that she sends away until Isaiah.
What a roller coaster love connection Isaiah and Kelli have.
I have to say that for me this a must read.
REVIEWER FOR BLOGGIN’ WITH M. BRENNAN
Profile Image for Mandy Desay .
258 reviews13 followers
February 28, 2016
When what was only to be a one night stand between Isaiah and Kelli turned into a hot sex filled weekend They both felt things they hadn't felt before, and took a chance on a relationship they never imagined having.

Having exchanged phone numbers Isaiah texts Kelli to arrange another date only for his calls and texts to go unanswered. Isaiah vows that he wants nothing to do with Kelli ever again. What Isaiah doesn't know is Kelli has one hell of a good reason not to answer his calls. Can Kelli find the courage to come clean and tell him what's going on or is it too late?

I found it very hard to like Isaiah I was continuously frustrated with him all through the book, my heart was with Kelli the whole time and I really felt for her not only what she had to go through on a daily basis in her life but when she tried to make Isaiah understand he acted like a complete jerk constantly without hearing her out. I think this is why I didn't warm to him at all.

The book was a good read with plenty of Twists, Turns and OMG moments but I was a clear out Team Kelli with this one
Profile Image for Roxy.
274 reviews9 followers
March 23, 2016
SPEECHLESS BREATHLESS UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL IN LOVE

Like always, another beautiful, amazing story of Elizabeth Reyes!!! Isaiah and Kelli's connection was beyond the pages!!! I felt it in every pour of my skin!!! I knew there was going to be reason as to why Kelli's behavior in Rage. And I knew I was going to love her, and oh man I was right. She's a strong beautiful soul who's willing to sacrifice anything for the ones she loves, even her own happiness!!! One of my favorite heroines!!! Isaiah's love to Kelli is so powerful, he can't helped! Although is some chapters I wanted to smacked I the face so hard, especially in the last to cause he make me cry so hard!!! Those Romero's hotheaded cavemen, how can you don't love them!!! If you haven't read anything from Elizabeth, you don't know what you're missing. If your into alpha possessive cavemen who got down on their knees for the one they love, well, you'll going to love every single book of Eli's like I do!! All of them A MUST READ!!!
Profile Image for Sarah Mannering .
16 reviews2 followers
April 9, 2016
For those who have read the previous 'Fate Series' book, 'Rage', I know that you'll be intrigued to find out more about Kelli and Isaiah, so this book will help answer all those questions.

Elizabeth Reyes had a big job on her hands, trying to change the opinion of Kelli, that many of her readers had based on her appearance in the previous book. But appearances are not always what they seem and finding out more about Kelli and the circumstances she finds herself in, meant that my opinion of Kelli changed pretty quickly. Isaiah is everything you'd expect a Romero to be and the two of them provide some passionate, steamy moments.

The story itself is a good one; full of the drama, tension and passion that you'd expect from an Elizabeth Reyes book. A few familiar faces from the Morenos and Romeros are mentioned, but like with the previous book, it mainly focuses on the newer characters which continues the fresh vibe to this series.

Another great addition to the Fate Series.
Profile Image for Melissa Horvath.
25 reviews
February 19, 2016
There have not been a lot of books where I have started it hating the heroine, but unfortunately this was one of them. Kelli didn't make the best impression in the previous books so at the beginning of this book I was looking for a lot of excuses. Well I got em, and they were good. so my dislike for her didn't last too long.

One of the things that I enjoy about this series is the fact that the storylines overlap so you get understanding of things from past books.

I loved Isaiah and Kelli! There was the perfect amount of ache to make their story wonderful! I love a good tragic romance and at moments that was absolutely what this was.

Love the Romero's, can't wait for Nathan. although, if Gilbert gets a book I may have to pass on that one. The Fate Series still is up there on my top 5 and going strong, love Love LOVE!
Profile Image for Leslie.
7 reviews
February 27, 2016
His to Guard hit me with a whole lot of EMOTIONS. It has love, mystery and a whole lotta DRAMA. We all know how close this family is and how much they've been through, now to all this add some woman troubles and the whole crew gets crazy. When we last heard of Kelli she came across sketchy as heck and this is her time to redeem herself. Kelli and Isaiah's chemistry is off the charts, they both bring out a different side of each other and I LOVED it.

I loved this book it was such a great read, I was so sad when it ended because I just wanted for it to never end. Elizabeth Reyes keep up the good work and keep those books coming because they just keep getting better and BETTER.
Profile Image for Karja26.
981 reviews
February 29, 2016
Sai: cousin to Romero, eldest brother to Nathan, AJ, Olivia & Erin.
KELLI: first introduced in Book 5 'Rage' and not very nicely I'm afraid, had very very bad thoughts about this character. And was VERY scared going into this book as usually when my mind is made up about a character it's very difficult to change it. So when I began HTG, I was prepared to go through this entire book hating Madam Kelli. However 35% in and dammit I totally wanted to cut her some slack

Profile Image for Virna.
3,059 reviews4 followers
March 18, 2016
I had very high hopes for this book but for whatever reason could not get into it. Half way through, and about to just give up. I dislike Kelli her actions made me lose all respect for her. And I never felt the connection between Isaiah and Kelli either. They spend most of their time confused and unsure of the other. The was a story filled with intrigue, drama and romance, still the entire book fell flat. Hope the next is better.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 49 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.