Start by marking “His to Guard (Fate, #6)” as Want to Read:
His to Guard (Fate, #6)

His to Guard

(Fate #6)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  410 ratings  ·  51 reviews
Even if you've given up, it doesn't mean your heart ever does.

With her life in danger, Raquel Santana had just begun to blend into the sleepy little town she'd escaped to, to start over. Now her father's non-negotiable plan to protect her could ruin everything. After adamantly refusing to have someone watch over her, she finally relents.

Only nothing can prepare her for who
Published February 26th 2016

To ask other readers questions about His to Guard, please sign up.
Elizabeth Reyes
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of His to Guard (Fate, #6)
Sybil aka Lala
Well played Ms Reyes, well played.

What happens when you’ve made a horrible first impression and judgment is passed on circumstantial glimpses into your life from outsiders?

Isaiah and Kelli spent one blissful weekend together. They formed a deep and passionate connection, or so Isaiah thought. Because the one girl he was willing to take a chance on broke his heart when she just up and disappeared. It was a big wound to move on from and one that only deepened when she appeared again – on the arm o
Angie
This felt like two stories in one. The plot was kind of all over the place. But that didn't ruin my enjoyment of the story. Poor Kelli. She just couldn't catch a break. Misunderstanding after misunderstanding (plus some Romero hard-headed pride and jealousy) kept her and Isaiah apart. Of course, Kelli made her share of mistakes as well.

But fate keeps bringing them back together. Lots of good stuff in this book - firefighters, mafia, bodyguards, car crashes, car hood sex, terrorism (not good but
Lindy
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts:

Elizabeth Reyes is one of my favorite authors. All of her books are excellent. I love having a go-to author that I know will deliver a great read every single time. I have been waiting, not so patiently for His to Guard, and I was in "book heaven" while I read this story. There are so many ways that Ms. Reyes delivered with this book. She gave me an alluring bookish escape, amazing characters, and an engaging plot. I devoured His to Guard in one sitting. It flowed easily, and was ext
Ivette
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I one-click Elizabeth’s book, I don’t need to read the blurb. When I read Elizabeth’s book I feel like I’m right there with these characters. I always love the male characters but in this book I was all about the female character. I know many may get upset but I absolutely adore Kelli. She was determined, feisty and was not letting anyone get in her way of what she wanted. I want to knocked out Isaiah a few times. My heart broke for Nathan but I still don’t blame Kelli. My favorite characters ma ...more
Kirke
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review
First impressions are more important than you might realize. After spending one amazing weekend together, Isaiah never hears from Raquel again, until she shows up as his brother’s date at a family party. Que the drama. Tension all around, feelings are hurt, secrets are kept, and there is a lot of misunderstandings happening.

Honestly I don’t blame Isaiah’s reaction, and behaviour towards Raquel. I believe the fact that he is so harsh, is because he fell so easily, and so hard for her. Time passes
Bibi
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

Isaiah wasn't looking for love. He had a loving family and a rewarding career as a fire fighter. He was content and didn't need anything else. And then he met Kelli and everything changed. What should have been a one night fling turned into an intense weekend that he would never forget.

Kelli wasn't interested in love. She wasn't even sure if she believed in true love. Her life was complicated and starting a relationship would never work. And then she met Isaiah and she started
Frances Hernandez
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I give this book a 5 star.
Omg this book is so good. I read it in one sitting.
I couldn't put it down. I don't think Elizabeth could make me like Kelli because in Rage I HATED her lol and boy was I wrong. Lol. I really love Isaac's book and I really can't wait for the next book. I highly recommend reading this book. Must read for me.
Lauren Campbell
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In the novel Rage we learn Isaiah and Kelli know each other. After Rage I wasn't a fan of Kelli but I adore her after this story. In the beginning of His to Guard we get to find out about their hook up, how they wanted more but it wasn't too be. Loved this story so much I read it in one go.
Rosi
Had me at the edge of my seat

I enjoyed reading Isaiah and Kellie's story. Men can be so stubborn and this one shows how far it can get out of hand. Elizabeth has another winner here. I love all her books.
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Wonderland Book Sleeve
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Leave it to Elizabeth to get me out of my reading funk. Loved Isaiah and Kelli! What a roller coaster this one was. I can't wait for Nathan's story. ...more
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
One of my most anticipated reads of 2016 was His to Guard by Elizabeth Reyes. When I finished reading Rage, which is the 5th installment in the Fate series, I knew that these characters were going to drive me nuts. Let me explain. Rage is AJ's story (Isaiah's brother). We got a few scenes in which Kelli and Isaiah were involved. I was so freakin' confused and I had a really bad vibe about Miss Kelli ''I love keeping secrets'' Santana. I was so mad with her!!!

From the moment that they meet, spar
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
His to Guard is the sixth book in the Fate series. The Fate series is a spin-off of The Moreno Brothers series. You don’t have to read the rest of these series prior to reading His to Guard, but there are some characters and situations from the previous books.

In His to Guard, Isaiah Romero meets Kelli in a bar. After an amazing weekend together, they go their separate ways. All Isaiah has of Kelli from that weekend are steamy memories and her phone number. Too bad she won’t answer his texts.

Then
Mignon Mykel
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lately, I have found Elizabeth Reyes's books to be easy reads that get me through the hump of reading. In this latest Fate book, we have Isaiah "Sai" Romero. I loved his connection with Kelli -- even though these two battle trust issues from the beginning to the end of their story. Not only trust issues, though, there's the issue of his family, as well -- because not only does Kelli have a past with Isaiah, but she has a bit of a past with Nathan, his brother, as well.

This is a story of trust an
Gretchen Anderson
Morals and Truth. Justice and doing the right thing. Family and Friends. TRUST. CHEMISTRY. All this forms this amazing story!

Isaiah and Kelli are not looking for a relationship. At all! Kelli got ditched at the bar when her friend went off with some other guy. She didn’t mind - the things she was feeling sitting next to Isaiah was a feeling she didn’t think she believed in any longer.

Isaiah did the one-night stand thing. A lot. No relationships for him. He got the girl out the door ASAP. So he w
Courtney
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
His To Guard is the 6th book in the Fate series. You can read it as a standalone (each book is about a particular couple) but since this series is very family oriented, I would recommend reading them in order - just gives you a better all-around awesome feeling!

This is about Kelli and Isaiah. We got introduced to Kelli in Rage and we knew she was going to be quite the interesting one. However - there is always more to it then just the one side we see. But the first impression is always the one p
Judy
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
His to Guard by Elizabeth Reyes
Fate Series Book Six
Isaiah Romero's first and foremost loyalty went to his family. His two sisters and two brothers and their families. And the bro code was you never date your brother's ex. That left Isaiah in an uncomfortable predicament when his brother Nathan introduces him to “his girl.” A girl Isaiah would have liked to claim as his.

Raquel Santana had some big issues going on her life. Issues that had her avoiding relationships. It didn't matter much until s
Marcy
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Isaiah and Kelli's story started in Rage, although there was a lot of mystery surrounding it. That mystery stays throughout His to Guard. Their relationship was so full of ups and downs. Their immediate connection was intense and strong, but circumstances kept her away from him after that first weekend. When she shows up with Nathan, that throws a big monkey wrench into things. That part originally occurs in Rage, and I remember being so confused by it. It was great to finally see things from Is ...more
Christina
Another great book!!

This is such an amazing series & this book was no less! I want to be friends with the Morenos & Romeros! I wasn't sure how Kelly was going to turn out good but of course Mrs. Reyes did it! At some point I was more angry with those Romero brothers. This was a really great read & I can't wait to read Nathan's story!! Keep them coming Mrs. Reyes please keep em coming!
Margarita
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh I love Elizabeth Reyes Books! I can never get enough from her!!
Ash Luna
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
HIS TO GUARD IS A WONDERFUL AWAKENING OF LOVE GONE WRONG AND HOW SECOND CHANCES CAN BE WORTH WHILE,A NEW TURN FOR ELIZABETH REYES

His To Guard is a great addition to the Fate series, Isaiah however did bring out a naughtier side of Elizabeths writing.

Isaiah and Kelli were introduced in Rage and you knew Kelli was going to probably be it for Isaiah, but after you read there small part you really have no clue what is in story for the love affair they have.

Isaiah and Kelli share an amazing weeken
Black Betty
Apr 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Same shit different day.......

Seriously, Elizabeth Reyes? You're still writing contemporary romances? This book could've been a wonderful romance if the heroine had a conversation with the hero. Instead the reader got a lot of unnecessary drama. (Sound familiar?)

Add in a lot of wriggling eyebrows and yep, we have a Reyes "book"

Ms. Reyes the old ad for the Yellow Pages was NOT "let your eyebrows do the talking"!!!

So we have Kellie (Raquel) daughter of Marlon Brando in the Godfather. She has a w
Roxanne Johnson-bisland
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was amazing.
I could not imagine meeting someone and having that instant connection.
Isaiah and Kelli hit it off from the start like they have known each other forever. They spend a hot night together that turns into a weekend in the bedroom and out being tourist.
Kelli doesnt give out her phone number or last name to anyone, she is not looking for a relationship but what she feels for Isaiah cannot be ignored. After Kelli returns home she starts to receive text messages from an unkno
Mandy Desay
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it
When what was only to be a one night stand between Isaiah and Kelli turned into a hot sex filled weekend They both felt things they hadn't felt before, and took a chance on a relationship they never imagined having.

Having exchanged phone numbers Isaiah texts Kelli to arrange another date only for his calls and texts to go unanswered. Isaiah vows that he wants nothing to do with Kelli ever again. What Isaiah doesn't know is Kelli has one hell of a good reason not to answer his calls. Can Kelli f
Roxy
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SPEECHLESS BREATHLESS UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL IN LOVE

Like always, another beautiful, amazing story of Elizabeth Reyes!!! Isaiah and Kelli's connection was beyond the pages!!! I felt it in every pour of my skin!!! I knew there was going to be reason as to why Kelli's behavior in Rage. And I knew I was going to love her, and oh man I was right. She's a strong beautiful soul who's willing to sacrifice anything for the ones she loves, even her own happiness!!! One of my favorite heroines!!! Isaiah's
Sarah Mannering
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For those who have read the previous 'Fate Series' book, 'Rage', I know that you'll be intrigued to find out more about Kelli and Isaiah, so this book will help answer all those questions.

Elizabeth Reyes had a big job on her hands, trying to change the opinion of Kelli, that many of her readers had based on her appearance in the previous book. But appearances are not always what they seem and finding out more about Kelli and the circumstances she finds herself in, meant that my opinion of Kelli
Melissa Horvath
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There have not been a lot of books where I have started it hating the heroine, but unfortunately this was one of them. Kelli didn't make the best impression in the previous books so at the beginning of this book I was looking for a lot of excuses. Well I got em, and they were good. so my dislike for her didn't last too long.

One of the things that I enjoy about this series is the fact that the storylines overlap so you get understanding of things from past books.

I loved Isaiah and Kelli! There w
Leslie
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
His to Guard hit me with a whole lot of EMOTIONS. It has love, mystery and a whole lotta DRAMA. We all know how close this family is and how much they've been through, now to all this add some woman troubles and the whole crew gets crazy. When we last heard of Kelli she came across sketchy as heck and this is her time to redeem herself. Kelli and Isaiah's chemistry is off the charts, they both bring out a different side of each other and I LOVED it.

I loved this book it was such a great read, I w
Karja26
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sai: cousin to Romero, eldest brother to Nathan, AJ, Olivia & Erin.
KELLI: first introduced in Book 5 'Rage' and not very nicely I'm afraid, had very very bad thoughts about this character. And was VERY scared going into this book as usually when my mind is made up about a character it's very difficult to change it. So when I began HTG, I was prepared to go through this entire book hating Madam Kelli. However 35% in and dammit I totally wanted to cut her some slack

Virna
Oct 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I had very high hopes for this book but for whatever reason could not get into it. Half way through, and about to just give up. I dislike Kelli her actions made me lose all respect for her. And I never felt the connection between Isaiah and Kelli either. They spend most of their time confused and unsure of the other. The was a story filled with intrigue, drama and romance, still the entire book fell flat. Hope the next is better.

• A Family for Christmas
  • Can't Fight The Moonlight (Whisper Lake #3)
  • Bluegrass State of Mind (Bluegrass #1)
  • An Inkpot and a Dowry for the Marchioness: A Historical Regency
  • Rogue Lies (Web of Lies #2)
  • Forever Betrayed (Forever Bluegrass, #3)
  • Shattered Lies (Web of Lies #3)
  • The Perfect Gift (Bluegrass Singles, #3)
  • Final Vow (Bluegrass Brothers, #6)
  • Whispered Lies (Web of Lies, #1)
  • Forever Hidden (Forever Bluegrass, #2)
  • Bluegrass Dawn (Bluegrass Singles, #2)
  • The Keeneston Roses (Bluegrass Singles #4)
  • Chosen for Power (Women of Power, #1)
  • Destined for Power (Women of Power, #4)
  • Relentless Pursuit (Bluegrass Brothers, #4)
  • Forever Devoted (Forever Bluegrass #8)
  • Steele Ridge Christmas Caper Box Set 1 (Steele Ridge Christmas Caper, #1-3)
Elizabeth Reyes is a USA Today Best Selling Author of The Moreno Brothers, 5th Street, Fate, Looking Glass, De Luca Boys series' and two stand alone novels Desert Heat, & Defining Love.

Join the fun and become a royal member of TeamReyes and enjoy the perks of early announcements,cover reveals teasers, including exclusive teasers shared only the group. Along with exclusive team,giveaways,discussion

Fate (7 books)
  • Fate (Fate, #1)
  • Breaking Brandon (Fate, #2)
  • Suspicious Minds (Fate, #3)
  • Again (Fate, #4)