Start by marking “Angel of Redemption” as Want to Read:
Angel of Redemption

Angel of Redemption

Seasoned social worker Kayla Brooks has dealt with her fair share of difficult situations, but nothing could have prepared her for the likes of Dean Wyatt, head of Wyatt House Group Home for Boys. When a case unexpectedly brings Kayla to his door in the middle of the night, sparks fly. With a piercing gaze and heavily inked skin, Dean looks like a walking wet dream.

Unti
Published November 25th 2015 by Full Fathom Five Digital (first published October 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Angel of Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel of Redemption

NiCoLeTa E.
***4 "Atoning" stars from me***

First of all, i have to say that this book was huge!!!
Really guys, when i saw how many pages was my eyes bugged out of my head... but yep, i dove into it and i don't regret it at all!!!

It was a really good story and it was keeping your interest in high levels!!!
Thank God!!!
Do you imagine 900 of pages that you wouldn't feel the story???

But nope, i didn't have this kind of problem...
I loved the story and the characters very much...
Yep, i could live with less page
Chan
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mariana Zapata and KA are the only authors that I invest over 500 pages of my time. Until now...J.A. Little is now added to that list. I had never heard of Little. And sad to say that this is her only work.

Kayla is in desperate need to find another placement for Matty and Logan....again. She is at her wits end and her last ditch effort is Wyatt House where she meets Dean. Dean and his brother run the place. Dean is tattooed and dealing with some serious issues as are the foster kids that live th
Kate's Corner

photo 18713271_zpsfoivggo4.jpg

I’ve been thinking the whole way through the book and since I’ve finished it that I really don’t know how I’m going to rate the book.
I have read a book like this in a long time. It was long there was a lot of going on but it was captivating to be able to participate in the main MCs lives. But it also did drag on a bit.

I think that if I was solely rating for me I would say 3 Stars but overall being objective on the matter I’ve decided to give it 4 Stars.
I’m just going to give the basics on
Paige
4.5 "Truly Compelling" Stars

I really loved this story. Kayla and Dean's story was heartfelt and all encompassing. Both were fighting demons and together they were able to exercise them. With a cast of supporting characters that added so much depth and emotion, Kayla and Dean's story kept me fascinated and hopeful in the HEA they deserved.

Kayla is a social worker that has been working with two brothers since they were first taken and placed into foster care. After the oldest is forced out of his
Kristiej
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 out of 5

I’m not sure what prompted me to pick up this book to read but I’m rather glad even though I don’t remember why.

Kayla Brooks is a social worker. She is particularly close to two brothers, Logan and Matty. Logan is almost 18 and Matty around 13. At the beginning of the book they have been kicked out of yet another foster home as Logan can’t seem to stop acting out. Kayla has used up all her options for these brothers except for an emergency only solution, Wyatt Home, a group home for
Reanell Tisdale
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 stars

When my good friend Kandace tells me to read a book, I listen. She hasn't failed me yet. So she messages me and a few other friends in a group chat we are in telling us we need to read Angel of Redemption by J.A. Little. I 1-clicked INSTANTLY. I was in the middle of another book but started as soon as I finished. I was HOOKED from the very start.

This book is LONG, but when the storyline is good it just makes for a better book. The author could have split this story up into 3 books, but s
Susan (susayq ~)
Oh my! This was great! Take a broody hot tattooed man with emotional baggage that makes him keep himself from really connecting with anyone and introduce him to a sexy social worker that has a sassy side and brings out the best in him and you've got this book.

Dean and Kayla had the best flirty banter going on and they were great together. Dean was so emotional cutoff that he had a hard time not just opening up, but really, just having a normal conversation with people without making them mad and
Christine Alibutud
So here's my two cents:

1. The whole concept had potential, and the storyline was interesting enough, but there were certain times that I felt some parts were draggy and unconvincing.

2. Generally, I like the characters. They were all appealing, and had equally nice personalities. Characterization was actually well underway.

3. I wasn't at all bought by the relationship between Kayla and Dean, especially because I felt that they were more connected through their physical desire and attraction for
Jae
This is exactly how a family drama should've been told. I laughed, cried, eye-rolled and even pulled my hair during the journey. It was actually a lot like KA books but with a whole lot of improvements. Absolutely refreshing. About everything and everyone.

And was I glad that I disregard the cover because at first I really thought that it was a dark romance/biker story. And I totally wouldn't want to waste my time on one of those mundane meh stories. That's probably the reason why it took me thi
Yvonne
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
This was a very interesting read and a romance topic I'd never read before.
I was impressed with this author and look forward to reading more from J.A. Little.

Nice epilogues from both H/h's perspectives.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
2.5/5; 3 stars; C+

I liked the story itself and the main characters. I also really liked the insights into the world of social services. Unfortunately, I think it was way too long for the amount of actual story. It was over 600 pages on my kobo and I found myself skimming quite often.
Britton Epps
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by this author and she blew me away. From the plot buildup and character development of not only the main characters but the secondary characters as well, to the flawless word building. This book is what solid reading looks like. There is not one single thing that I didn't love. Five huge stars !
Joyce
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was not the normal, run-of-the-mill romance. It really captured the trials of every aspect of the foster care system, as well as the trials and tribulations of being a teenager. I got choked up at certain parts. The author had such a great way of showing the reader the truth.... that it's not easy to be a teenager. Everyone makes mistakes but unfortunately, some cost more than others. Some just get dealt heavier consequences than others.

All of the characters, not
AJ Swen
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*this book was given to me via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review*

4.5-5 stars!

Wow! This book rocked! You get a bit of everything: the whole relationship of the couple, an actual ending with them (closure!) and I loved that it was my hometown!
Kayla Brooks works as a Social Worker with Child Protection. She's worked some really tough cases, specifically her two clients that hold a special place with her: Logan and Matty. They were her first case, and she's grown to know the brothers extre
Tracie Payne
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book gets all the stars!!! Holy wow, was this one of the best books I've read this year or what. Almost 600 pages of goodness that I never wanted to end. Quite the slow burn between Kayla and Dean but it was done so unbelievably well. We can just feel and see it happening, it was a thing of beauty. Nice premise also with the foster kids, something different. Lots of side characters that I would love to read about. Excellent chemistry and conflict. Fantastic writing, so real it felt. I could ...more
Trisha
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star-books
What a great book. The only negative thing I can think of is that the book was long. But it was so well written, I was involved from the first page to the last. I loved all the characters involved in the book, ok maybe not all (Richard, the Dick). The relationship of Dean and Kayla was a slow build, but so worth the wait. The dimensions of each of the main characters, were amazing and well written. I would recommend this book to everyone.
Sunny
Jul 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-contemporary
I was warned that this book was long, and it really was. I liked it well enough, but I did not think there was enough storyline to really justify the length.
Mell
Nov 07, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
It was a chore to finish this, as I felt the characters were just the usual and story went on for *such a long time.* I couldn't help but feel like I had read this all before- nothing unique or new.
Sheryl C. Nash
I really liked this story, but it felt like it kept dragging on...

Review to follow...

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Full Fathom Five Publishing*
Sandra
Formerly the Twilight Fanfiction "The Demons In My Dreams" by LittleCat358.
Shannon Cole
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Schmexy Girl Book Blog posted a recommendation on their page for this book and I decided to give it a try. J.A. Little is a new Author for me and I had no idea what I was in store for, especially when I noticed how many pages this story is. Don’t let that deter you though because from beginning to end, this book is packed with a plot that will consume you like you wouldn’t believe!!
There are so many layers to this story and every single character plays a valuable part. I loved how the author tol
Michelle
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I couldn’t put this story down, sneaking in chapters whenever I could during the day. A lot of difficult situations explored in this one. It’s quite a lengthy book. Yet I was never bored or skimming. Not only did I really admire Dean and Kayla and their line of work and colored pasts which shaped them into the people they are presently, but also the other secondary characters as well. It’s an insightful and in-depth look into the social services system. People like Kayla and Dean (and all of the ...more
Daisy
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Jeannie Smith
What I liked about this book:
I definitely liked that foster parents and social workers were not made to be the stereotypical bad guys. They were good people who tried hard and really wanted to help these kids. And the way things were handled with many of the foster kids rang very true and felt believable. I read so many books where the foster system is only made up of foster parents abusing the kids and social workers who don't care. I'm sure that does happen, but it so refreshing to read a book
Jen
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ratings 5

We all get book recommendations and sometimes they remain on the back burner while we're trying to get through our TBR's. But after reading the sample of Angel of Redemption by JA. Little we just couldn't stop till we finished the 600+ pages of perfection!!!

OH.MY.GAWD!!! BOOKGASM! Drop everything and read!

Angel of Redemption was fantastic. We devoured every word and loved everything about it!

Kayla Brooks is a dedicated social worker who works diligently to watch over the kids she supervises. Wh
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blogged
While reading this book I couldn't help thinking what a great tv series it would make, which makes sense since it's categorized on Amazon under family saga.

Though the story centered around the romance between Dean and Kayla I was completely invested in each and every character throughout the whole story. Logan and Matty, Claire, Aiden and Emily, Sara and Andy, Warren, each of them had a tiny piece of my heart and I thoroughly enjoyed reading about their struggles and their triumphs. The author
Mariana
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay so I really liked this book and I really thought I would give it 5 stars BUT I had a bit of a problem with the number of characters and stories being told!

The first 900 pages were awesome and I really liked Kayla and Dean and their relationship but then after that, so many things started happening... It's like there were 2 different books in one and that really bothered me... In the 1st part the focus is on K&D's relationship but then a bunch of shit happens and it feels like it's all
Donna Sweeney
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kindly provided with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.......

Sheesh this one pulled on the heartstrings and just had me from the start !!

Its Dean and Kayla's story. Both have had a really crappy start. Kayla as a result of her troubled past has become a social worker and is currently working a case involving two boys. As a result of her engagement with the duo, so meets Dean who works at "Wyatt House" a home for troubled boys.

Their worlds collide, but they have so much in common too. Is t
Peta Benjamin
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly, thanks to Netgalley for giving me the opportunity to read and review this wonderful book. I do not usually read such long books but after the first few pages, I was sure I wanted it to be even longer. So many subjects were touched on in this book and it left me feeling devastated that there is so much wrong done to our young today but on the other hand heartfelt that there are such wonderful people willing to go 110% to try to help them.

Dean and Kayla's relationship shows the reader how

• Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Magic at Macy's
  • Cure For Pain
  • All I Want - A Tryst with a Twist
  • A Four Letter Word
  • Gay as Mardi Gras
  • Sleepers, Awake
  • How to Discipline Your Vampire (DommeNation, #1)
  • Little Battles (Old Wounds, #2)
  • Living Backwards
  • Grave Refrain
  • Healing Faith (In Your World, #1)
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Live In Position
  • Addictive Lunacy (Compulsions, #1)
  • Welcome to Drama Academy