Start by marking “Undying (Unearthed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Undying (Unearthed, #2)

Undying

(Unearthed #2)

Trapped aboard the Undying's ancient spaceship and reeling from what they've learned there, scavenger Mia and academic Jules are plunged into a desperate race to warn their home planet of the danger humanity's greed has unleashed. From the mountains of Spain to the streets of Prague, the sequel to Unearthed is a white-knuckle ride that will send readers hurtling back to ea ...more
Published January 22nd 2019 by Disney-Hyperion (first published November 28th 2018)

Start your review of Undying (Unearthed, #2)
Trina (Between Chapters)
This sequel had none of the puzzle solving and tomb raiding excitement of the first book. The plot was mainly about getting answers and travelling from point A to point B. I do not remember much of what happened other than the info reveal, which I quite liked! So, it's a slower pace but I thought it was a great concept and a good message about being caretakers of our planet.

Audiobook review: Same narrators as the first book. Separately they are each great, but together, they weren't on the same
 Amelia
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, sci-fi
See that pile of disappointment over there? Yeah, that's me.

I don't know why the authors decided to go this way for this book but it was all so...meh. The first book, Unearthed is really "Indiana Jones in space" with exploring, temples, artifacts, traps etc. This book is "angsty teens go on a trip across Europe because they are The Only Ones Who Can Save Earth™ ". It's a completely different book/theme than the first one.

I'm gonna keep this review short because honestly, I don't have the will t
April (Aprilius Maximus)
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
1.) Unearthed ★★★.5
2.) Undying ★★★★

-----------------------------------------------

Thank you to the publisher for sending me a review copy!

I enjoyed this more than the first book! Non-stop action, a lovely romance & a quest to save the Earth from being annihilated by aliens. Such fun!
rachel ☾
#1) Unearthed ★★★☆☆

Trigger warnings for (view spoiler).

Representation: Jules (mc) is poc; Neal (sc) is poc & queer; Dex (sc) is poc & queer.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Veronique
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
After the bombshell of the ending of Unearthed, and all the resulting questions, there was no doubt that I was going to read this second and last instalment.

Once more the narrative is divided between Jules and Mia, this time trying to save Earth from the Undying’s invasion. Although I really enjoyed all the puzzles in the first book, as well as our main two protagonists, I felt this novel was better, even with the few obvious aspects. Yes, it is ‘younger’ in tone than Illuminae and not as brilli
Cindy ✩☽♔
Feb 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
5/25/18
Love the cover! Serious sci-fi feels and still on the theme with the previous cover. This is the consistency I need.
---
2/22/18
Okay, so I tried to find this book on Amazon and Bookdepository but nothing came up. Tried to check Amie's website and it just says this book will be out 2018. Like, I need more concrete news on this!
---
I literally just finished Unearthed and I need this sequel now! I did not realize it was a duology, but at least I know the story won't drag on.

Sidenote: Is thi
Ryan Buckby
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
some what of a satisfying ending to this duo logy, but i'm really sad that is now over.

Plot: The second one picks up right after the events of the first book and we see Mia and Jules hiding out on the undying spacecraft not being able to do anything as they are stuck were they are. The stakes are definitely higher in this one than they were in the previous book and i loved seeing how much the two characters have grown from the first book and in such a short amount of time. going from being on
Justine
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
3.5 stars rounded up

I actually liked this conclusion to Unearthed better than the first book. Sure the explanations involved a bit of hand-wavium, but the story was pretty good and overall I enjoyed it.
Fiona
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Undying is part two of the Unearthed duology, and finishes the series in epic style.

Yes, this is YA, so there's a certain amount of making googly eyes while the world burns going on. But it's handled better than in many series, and even called out by one of the new characters we get to meet, so I'll forgive it. And definite bonus points for not trying to stretch this into a trilogy.

I did miss the archaeology and the puzzles from the first book - that was a lot of what really ticked my boxes whe
Maggie ☘
May 26, 2018 marked it as tbr-highly-interested
Love the cover! Way better than the first one, but still consistent with the theme.
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
THEY RECAPPED BOOK 1 AT THE START BLESS THANK YOU SO MUCH I LITERALLY FORGOT EVERYTHING THAT HAD HAPPENED ILYSM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the rest of the book was also AMAAAAAAAAAAZING!!!!

Jules and Mia are so idiotic and precious i love

But srsly, what a ship!!!

And the plot is just awesome as well, just in general the everything about this book yassssssssssss

So much twistiness and I thought I had it all figured out and I didn't so wOW

I just felt like it was missing something?? Idk why exactly this didn
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review originally appears on Happy Indulgence Books! Check it out for more reviews.

I really enjoyed the sequel to Unearthed, especially seeing what lies in the fate of Jules and Mia at the end of the last book. It was interesting seeing them come back to Earth and navigate the competing agendas of the Undying and the politics on Earth. There's definitely a lot less romance here, I still liked Jules and Mia together (and also separately) and there was also a sense of urgency like from the fi
Griffin
Book one was the awesome space archaeology adventure of my dreams, book two is basically a contemporary teenage romance across Europe. THIS IS NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR HOW DO WE GO BACK
Lexi // libraryoflexi
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review!
While I still loved Undying, it was just missing a tiny smidgen of the awesomeness that was Unearthed (Massive props to the quick recap at the front of Undying. That was an actual life saver!).

But first, can I just say, that I didn't actually realise it was the conclusion? Or maybe I was just pretending to not notice because I didn't want another series to finish.

I love love love Mia and Jules. They are so well writt
Lacy
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Undying felt like an entirely different story than the Alien Davinci Code from Unearthed. Unearthed
was a mess but it was fun. This book lacked that. 😔
Kate (GirlReading)
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had so much fun with this duology. It was action packed, self-aware and intriguing, with a few surprising plot twists here and there that actually managed to catch me off guard, which I loved. The characters were fab, the romance was sweet and at no point did the plot lose my attention. I very much picked this duology up on a whim but I'm so glad I did.

Audiobook: 3.5/5* Whilst the narrators were great individually and told the story brilliantly, unfortunately when it came to character voices:
Adah Udechukwu
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Undying is a spectacular sequel.
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
A bit of a lacklustre sequel, but the big reveal was nicely done.
Travis
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A satisfying conclusion to the Unearthed Duology. The story here picks up right where we left off in Unearthed and it is a fast paced race to the finish line. Mia and Jules are really great characters to read about but as much as I hated the romance in the first book, I loved it in this one. I don't know what happened or why. It seemed to really fit the story. Both Mia and Jules had some really emotional character arcs as well. Even though I did find the ending to be a little anti-climatic (and ...more
Rekha
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: get-to-soon
I don't know what it is about this book, but it felt very mediocre. I loved the beginning, but after that it just got repetitive, and extremely predictable.

BTW they recapped the first book at the beginning which was SUCH a good idea. Every sequel should do this!

Update: 26/05
That. Cover. Is. Gorgeous.

At this point, it's just my own fault that I have to wait till 2019. Tbh I should just wait until the whole series is released. I should DEFINITELY not read books right after they are released. It j
K8
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
“Earth is all we have. It’s all any of us have.”

00 high points final
– Jules' and Mia's relationship is sweet
– Jules and Mia are likeable characters
– Beginning part on Undying ship was interesting
– Bits and pieces of Undying culture are interesting

00 low points final
– Prose is a tedious, spoon-fed mess
– Ending is abrupt; solution mostly "told" six months after
– Undying's history is super predictable
– More "good" guy characters than girls; Mia was really the only one

I don't really have strong feelings about Undying. From the beginn
ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω
👽🚀🌍

Herm, herm, what to rate this? It's tough cause I'm so torn! The first half of this book is riveting and I gobbled it up like holiday sweets 🍭🍬 But then our aliens and humans parted ways and the tension and drama kinda took a vacation while we had an extended travel session throughout the middle bit of the book 🚲🚝🚗 I know the traveling was necessary, but it's hard to make that interesting, ya know? So between the holiday hubbub and my interest waning, my progress became quite sluggish. So I'm
Nicki Chapelway
Mar 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
Whaaaat???? This released already? Why did nobody tell me??? And here I have been waiting for it when I didn't even have to!
Carlos
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. I loved this series , but I think the first book was a lot better than its conclusion. It felt like everything went too fast and the conclusion felt simple and rushed . It had a lot of promise with the premise of it all. While I still liked the ending I kind of feel like it could have been so much better! . Oh well , looking forward to what both of its authors come up with in the near future.
Brittany S.
Initial Impressions 12/26/18 and review as posted on The Book Addict's Guide 1/4/19: UNEARTHED was one of my favorite books from 2018 so naturally I was dying to read UNDYING! The way UNEARTHED ended was such a killer and I couldn't wait to see what happened next!

UNDYING was quite a solid progression in this series and had some great plot-building and overall concepts that continued building the series, but basically until this review was published, I didn't realize this was the last book and th
Undying is the final book in the Unearthed duology and gives us a chance to find out what happened to Mia and Jules when they were onboard the alien spaceship headed back to earth. They're the only humans alive who know that the ship is a Trojan horse bringing an army of alien invaders with it but they've got no way of letting anyone know what is going on unless they can get off the ship and back on earth soil.

After escaping on a landing shuttle and picked up by the International Alliance you'd
Alexa
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
While I didn’t necessarily enjoy this one as much as I did the first, I still think it’s a solid conclusion to Mia and Jules’ story. I feel very strongly that it could have worked even better as one very long book instead of being split in two, and even more strongly that this is definitely built for being a sci-fi film.

I do highly recommend the audio route, by the way. Alex McKenna and Steve West really brought this story to life and made it a more engaging read.
Abby
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: would-read-again
Mia and Jules find themselves trapped on an Undying ship, trying to learn what the alien species is doing headed to Earth as well as fighting for their survival. Enter Dex and Atlanta, two Undying who may be their ticket off the ship. This book has a very different feel than its predecessor, but it's still definitely a good read. There are plenty of great plot twists and Jules and Mia are just as great to read about as they were before.
Breanna
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars! ✨
Pallavi
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
****4.0****

Second and final book of Unearthed Duology did not fail me but the first book was the best.
Mia and Jules do solve the puzzles placed by Undying and that leads them to a spaceship. But intervention of IA leads the events to a different direction.But Mia and Jules along with Jules's cousin Neal are determined to save the Earth from Undying.

With good narration, well build characters and world, I had a very good read.

Happy Reading!!!
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Undying [April 28, 2019] 3 18 Apr 29, 2019 03:28AM

• Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Sherwood
  • LIFEL1K3 (Lifelike, #1)
  • Nyxia Uprising (The Nyxia Triad, #3)
  • Honor Bound (The Honors, #2)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • The Disasters
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • This Cruel Design (This Mortal Coil, #2)
  • Sky Without Stars (System Divine, #1)
  • Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
  • Warrior of the Wild
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • This Vicious Cure (This Mortal Coil, #3)
  • Navigating the Stars (Sentinels of the Galaxy #1)
  • Nyxia Unleashed (The Nyxia Triad, #2)
Amie Kaufman is a New York Times and internationally bestselling author of young adult fiction. Her multi-award winning work is slated for publication in over 30 countries, and is in development for film and TV. Raised in Australia and occasionally Ireland, Amie has degrees in history, literature, law and conflict resolution. She lives in Melbourne with her husband, their rescue dog, and an extrem ...more

Unearthed (2 books)
  • Unearthed (Unearthed, #1)