Start by marking “Battle Born (Elementals, #3)” as Want to Read:
Battle Born (Elementals, #3)

Battle Born

(Elementals #3)

Though Anders and his friends have delayed a war between ice wolves and scorch dragons, their mission is far from over. With adults on both sides looking for them, they’ve sought refuge in Cloudhaven, a forbidden stronghold that could hold the key to saving their home.

Meanwhile, Holbard has been ravaged, and its citizens are reeling. Many have been forced into bleak camps
Published June 2nd 2020 by HarperCollins

Start your review of Battle Born (Elementals, #3)
Travis
Jun 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So ends the Elementals trilogy and it was satisfying and much fun. Amie Kaufman created such a whimsical and rich world that focuses the most on family and togetherness.

Battle Born did a great job wrapping up everything while still enriching us, the reader, with more to learn and see. One of the best aspects of this series has always been the characters and this finale was no different. Every character had a purpose, a drive, a reason to help. It was so heart warming to watch this found family
Meghan
Sep 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing end to a fantastic trilogy. This book took me through every single emotion. I was completely thrown by the villain of this story but I thought back through and found out that it all made sense in the end.
Dreximgirl
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was really satisfied with the conclusion of this story. I love the twins and thought the uniting of characters in the last book in the trilogy worked really well. Good enjoyable read. 4 stars.
Rajasree Jayaram
This book is a satisfying conclusion to the Elementals trilogy. After the destructive events of the previous book, all the children are in shock about the damage they inadvertently inflicted, tired and hopeless about what to do next. They have managed to escape to Cloudhaven, the early home of the dragons which is a magical entity in itself, which initially permits only Reyna and Anders to properly enter the premises. After taking some time to rest and take stock, they are back in the game, look ...more
Janelle Dazzlepants
This was a satisfying conclusion to a charming middle grade fantasy series about diversity and inclusion. It had a really heartwarming message and I enjoyed seeing the kids solving puzzles, going on adventures, bringing people together to talk through their problems.

I do wish it had been 50-100 pages longer, so we could learn more about artifacts and to let the resolution sit and simmer a while longer. (In general I wish we'd got more info about the artifacts and magic system!)

This series read
Theresa
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Theresa by: rianna555@aol.com
The battle between the dragons and the wolves destroyed the city of Holbard driving all the human refugees out into the countryside to survive with what little they could carry. The dragons have retreated to the eyrie, the wolves have set up their own military camp up the river while Rayna and Anders little band are holed up in Cloudhaven.

Cloudhaven could be a wonderful place to live if the twins could just get it let their friends in.

Meanwhile on their secret forays to the ruins of Holbard and
Lex
If you're expecting a bunch of action scenes, nope. I liked how it was written though. And finally had closure with Drifa. It was definitely entertaining.
Joe
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Reading Method: Physical Book (Purchased Hardcover)
Reading Time: 2 Hours

Very disappointing conclusion to the Elementals trilogy for me unfortunately.

This story was definitely and clearly written in two halves. For the first half of the book we spend all of our time with the now combined and large group of wolf, dragon and human students who have gathered together in Cloudhaven. We follow them as they start to become closer and put aside their differences and learned animosity to explore the sec
Aqua
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent conclusion to the series with a really great message for this day and age. I really enjoyed this trilogy for its fun world-building (and I'm a sucker for animal transformation powers and wolves, what can I say), and though it wasn't ground-breaking, it was fun and enjoyable to read. Battle Born has the group of kids trying to figure out a way to bring the humans, wolves, and dragons together and there's a really great message here about how the young can sometimes overcome the entrench ...more
ARS
Jul 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book starts off similarly to Scorch Dragons, and features many of the issues I had with it, particularly the ones pertaining to characters and their blandness. Thankfully, the story begins picking up halfway through, and as loose ends are tied off, it becomes relatively exciting. However, it still lacked any of the cathartic moments that made me enjoy Ice Wolves so much. The most exciting scene still had me very uninvested in what was going on, due to the unlikable, boring characters. Also, ...more
Imogene
*sniff* it’s fine, I’m only happy crying.
Battle Born was exactly what I wanted from the final book in the trilogy, focused on learning to listen and understand each other, and treasure the things that make us different. I may be over 20 years older than the intended audience (I will never ever ever stop reading children’s and YA books!) but I’m so happy for the children who will get to read this series, and see themselves in it. Even down to the smallest details, from the dragon who needs a whee
Meghan
Jul 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
This is a FANTASTIC series! Truly, the characters are diverse and relatable, the conflict deep and evident on every page, and above all, the world truly incredible. As the third book in the series, it does a great job of wrapping up all the lose ends and giving us a truly satisfying conclusion that is both believable, and speaks to important messages for a reader of any age. I'm going to miss finding out what the future looks like, but there's a few nicely placed hints at the future in the final ...more
Sam Schroder
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a busy week but I’ve squeezed in extra reading time where I could because I know my friend Harley is waiting eagerly to get his hands on this book.
In the final book of the Elementals trilogy, Anders and Rayna, along with their expanding group of dragon, wolf and human friends, get to the truth of their mother’s fate and find a way that just might work to rebuild a united Vallen. But it will take a lot of courage and a little bit of luck for a group of kids to get the grown ups listeni
Jessica F
Jul 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Exiled from both dragons and wolves, Anders and his friends retreat to Cloudhaven. Their first attempt to force peace between humans, dragons and wolves ended in the destruction of Holbard. Will they find a solution before total war breaks out? Is it possible that words carry more power than magic?

Predictable but still satisfyingly finale to this middle grade fantasy series. I was really disappointed in the side roles (literally almost silent roles) Rayna and Lisabet got relegated to in this fin
Cameron Scott Noel
Battle Born tied everything together from the series in a nice way. Unfortunately, it didn’t quite have the excitement or depth I hoped for. I do think it’s difficult at the end of a series to give every person and subject the time it needs but I was mostly satisfied.

I still really liked the characters we actually got to know. The world is still amazing, and I’m REALLY hoping she writes more in it. The other elementals are there and leave the door open for some cool stories. Here’s hoping they h
Johyphenated
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Whoever said Amie is the nice one in the Kaufman/Kristoff writing duo never read Amie’s solo works. This was such a roller coaster of emotions for me (yes I know this is a middle grade book) and I am so emotionally attached to Anders. You can really see Anders character development from being shy and doesn’t really have confidence or self-worth in book one to a confident leader in the last book. 5/5
Casey Jo
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love these young wolves and dragons. Still hard to match the way I felt about the sibling depth of the fist book, but a solid roundout to the trilogy.

(view spoiler)
Jun 23, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure why but I didn't enjoy this conclusion as much as I did the first two books in the series. Maybe I just wasn't in the right headspace to be reading this book but I forced myself to continue anyway instead of setting it aside and picking it up again later. The characters remain excellent I love how inclusive this book is for all types of characters.
Hayley Dodkins
I was literally reading late into the night. Had me me hooked. I reread for the second time, and I had read it in like three days. I would recommended it It literally takes you to another world. I was given a vey clear image as o how the world and characters were and how things were described. One of my favorite books of all time, and I would love to see this a movie one day.
Lissa Joy
4.5 Stars

I love this series so much!! Refreshing, diverse, current... The characters & friendships made my heart so happy. The plot was tight with room for relationship exploration (non-romantic). Highly recommended.
Lindsay Rankin
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-books
This book was a little underwhelming. It was only 166 pages (on my kindle), so it was really short, and it felt like everything was just kind of surface-level. I enjoyed the first two books, but I was hoping for a lot more from this one.
Akshyarika
Nov 03, 2019 is currently reading it
I love this book so much! I'm not going to say anything about it because I don't want to spoil this book but I would definitely recommend it if you love books with a lot of action!
Evelyn
Jun 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Such a fun series!
Anne
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great series and satisfying ending.
David Monroe
Aug 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
What an ending! Although this book was light on violence, it was nice to see how the author wrapped up the series. This was a great series and I loved that it had dragons and wolves in it.
Belinda Grant
Aug 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
A lovely end to a sweet series
Emma
Sep 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fifantasy, ya
Sharon
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5
Very satisfying end to a fun and inventive series. I wish more people had the desire of the kids in the books to “ get along with all people, even if they look and act differently than you”.
Amber
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
super short and i lowkey wish it wasn't. it felt more like this book was all the loose ends being wrapped up

• City of Spells (Into the Crooked Place, #2)
  • Taste of Darkness (Healer, #3)
  • Touch of Power (Healer, #1)
  • Storm Watcher
  • Scent of Magic (Healer, #2)
  • Bright We Burn (The Conqueror's Saga, #3)
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)
  • Girl in the Arena
  • You Wish
  • The Magnolia Sword: A Ballad of Mulan
  • The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
  • The Geography of You and Me
  • This Is What Happy Looks Like (This is What Happy Looks Like, #1)
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • The Freddy Files: The Official Guidebook to the Bestselling Video Game Series
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
Amie Kaufman is a New York Times and internationally bestselling author of young adult fiction. Her multi-award winning work is slated for publication in over 30 countries, and is in development for film and TV. Raised in Australia and occasionally Ireland, Amie has degrees in history, literature, law and conflict resolution. She lives in Melbourne with her husband, their rescue dog, and an extrem ...more

Elementals (3 books)
  • Ice Wolves (Elementals, #1)
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)