Start by marking “Princess of Tyrone (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Princess of Tyrone (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #1)

Princess of Tyrone

(Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #1)

Apolline is happy hunting magical creatures on her pirate infested outer-perimeter planet. She is a fantastic shot, and doesn’t flinch at the blood and guts of her kills. Never once did she consider she could be the missing Princess of Tyrone.

All her life, she has heard the story of the Princess, cursed to sleep for eternity, unless her betrothed, the Prince of Oran, gave
Published March 31st 2016 by Curiosity Quills Press (first published March 28th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Princess of Tyrone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess of Tyrone

Inge

Not every princess you meet is going to be dainty and elegant. Some princesses were raised to be huntresses, slinging guns around like nobody’s business. This is the case for Apolline, who was sent to the planet Mish to be hidden from the prying eyes of the evil sorceress Bryanna. She has no idea she’s a princess, only knows she’s betrothed to some guy she’s to marry when she’s 21. She has no idea about Bryanna, who’s searching high and low for the princess, to kidnap her and make her p
Sheila Goicea
See my FULL review of this book on my blog along with others at: shesgoingbookcrazy.com
Allard: "I'll tell you a secret."
Apolline: "Nope, you're fine."

Oh, Apolline, you made me laugh with your bluntness.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It was entertaining, well written (and not overdone), creative, and refreshing. It followed the story line of the original Sleeping Beauty without changing its vital points and, in my opinion, gave the story a face-lift. Combined with the traditional tale were aspe
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Full Review:
*I received a free ecopy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Given that this is a Sleeping Beauty retelling and has such a fantastical (and gorgeous) cover, I went into the book expecting it to be very light and airy and fairy tale-esque, like many retellings are. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was actually very modern, realistic, and relatable!

Yes, it is a sci-fi/fantasy book, so it does have fairies, dark sorceresses, magic mirrors, tele
Mandy
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally, finally, finalllllllllllllllly. I have found the elusive Sleeping Beauty retelling that is good - more than good: great. I read quite a few Sleeping Beauty retellings last year, and all of them failed me. Every single one. I DNF'd two, and the third? It was majorly problematic. My heart was hurting for one of my favorite Princesses. But now, we can thank Princess of Tyrone for saving the day.

I hold the Sleeping Beauty story near and dear to my heart. Well, the Sleeping Beauty story that
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
About: Princess of Tyrone is a fiction novel written by Katie Hamstead. It was published on 3/31/16 by Curiosity Quills Press. The genres are fantasy, science fiction, romance, fairy tales, retellings, and young adult. This is book 1 in the Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles and book 2 is expected to be published on 3/14/17 called Myths of Mish. Please see below for more info about the author.

My Experience: I started reading Princess of Tyrone on 1/23/17 and finished it on 1/25/17. This book is an awes
Annelise Lestrange
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Jessica Strachan, Jennifer Miers
Review originally posted on The Book Adventures of Annelise Lestrange :)

I received this copy from YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. Let's go :D

The Story

Apolline is the kind of girl that you wouldn’t call feminine. Raised by her three fairy aunts on a very small and far away planet, Apolline knows her way around hunting, self-defense and cursing just like the galactic pirates that often stop by the planet for trading. She knows that she’ll have to marry some guy when she reach
Laura Greenwood

Title: Princess of Tyrone
Series: Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles (#1)
Author: Katie Hamstead
From: Netgalley
Genre: Sci-fi, Space Opera, Fantasy, Fairy tale Retelling
Release Date: 31st March 2016
Challenges: 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 New Release Challenge, Summer COYER 2016
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Apolline is happy hunting magical creatures on her pirate infested outer-perimeter planet. She is a fantastic shot,
☆Stephanie☆
**Thanks to the publisher, I received a copy of this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Where do I start? Does the word "awesome" sum it up enough for a full review?
I could simply write "awesome" and nothing else, and that would convey how I feel about Princess of Tyrone.
When I first saw the description, I hoped to be approved for this book. I waited eagerly to hear back, and when I was approved, I almost did a backflip. Then I worried, "This won't be like the descript
Nay Denise
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
I received a review copy through the publisher.

Princess of Tyrone was a really fairy-tale retelling. I loved the way it combined both Snow White and Sleeping Beauty into one novel. I enjoyed the sci-fi/fantasy twist in this as well. It was beautiful written with amazing characters, but at the same time it was a bit predictable when it came to both the prince and the princess. I definitely want to continue with the next book.

Apolline has been raised by her three fairy god-mothers for the past 20
Sionna
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book from netgallery in exchange for an honest and fair review*
WOW WOW WOW !!!!!

I absolutely LOVED this book.

This is a retelling of Sleeping Beauty -- not one of my favorite stories-- but this... THIS was so good! The author made Apolline so kickass I loved it. I wish the White siblings had been able to see more of her personality earlier in the story. And speaking of Whites-- the grandchildren of Snow white?!!? TELL ME ONE OF THEM IS THE PROTAGONIST FOR THE SEQUEL!

I digress tho
Alexandra
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Princess of Tyrone was quite an interesting story. For the fans of the Lunar Chronicles mostly. In a sci-fi world in a galaxy far away, where magic co-exists with technology, a princess is born. And she is cursed by a witch.
We are introduced in many characters each one with his or her funny moments. Though it is obvious who the princess is, it was still amazing to see how Apolline and Allard met and go
Katie Hamstead
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Book 1 of The Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles.
**BOOK 2 can now be added on Goodreads. Release is Mar 14, 2017**
Note: This is a clean read. If you want sex, you won't find it here.
Princess of Tyrone was so fun to write. Apolline really came to life for me, and each of the characters is so vibrant. I hope you have as much fun reading as I did writing, because that's my goal with this puppy, to make you smile!
Apolline will return in book 5 with Allard and Nathaniel, but until then I hope you enjoy meet
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
Thanks to Netgalley and Curiosity Quills Press for giving this book to review.

Princess of Tyrone is a very enjoyable, fun and cute sci-fi retelling of sleeping beauty. It is fast paced and has lots of references to other fairy-tales. However, I did find it predicable and needed a bit more world building.

Apolline is strong, daring and is able to stand up for herself, but she is also sarcastic, a tomboy, honest and honourable. Allard is genuine, friendly and charming, he is also really relatable a
Shealea
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Because of the problematic setup that eventually led to Apolline and Prince Allard falling in love with each other (elaborated in my full review), I could not enjoy the romance aspect of the story at all. In my eyes, their relationship was toxic and potentially harmful, especially given the kind of message it sends to readers. It was such a letdown on my part that I was unable to support the love story in Princess of Tyrone, considering how fundamentally significant romance is in fairytales.

Howe
Debby (Alwaysbooking)
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: publisher-arc
I’m a sure sucker for any kind of fairy tale retelling; the blurb for this one had me sucked in. Then I read Jasmine’s review @ How useful it is and I knew I just had to read this book!! I am glad I did, while it did carry some of the typical tropes that usually put me off the author twisted them in such a way that I wasn’t upset about them being in the book. Those wicked little fairies… especially Ashlan.. I never saw half the stuff she had planned until the very ending. Well played little fair ...more
Bailey Skye
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2016-reads, fairytale
I received an advanced reading copy of this publication in exchange for an honest review.

4/5 Stars

There seems to be a recurring theme of fairytale retellings for me in 2016. I'm not disappointed. Princess of Tyrone is yet another in this pattern, this time with a heavy focus on Sleeping Beauty, but wholly encompassing a few of our favorite tales.

Apolline is a young woman who lives on a faraway planet with her three fairy "aunts". Raised within a small cottage in an enchanted forest, Apolline spe
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Rating 2.5

From previous experience I tend to like retellings, most of the ones I've read have been either okay or really good. This falls more into the okay category.

But I think one reason I feel that way is because I don't really think this book should be aimed at young adults - for me it seems more like a middle grade sort of book. The sentence structure, overall descriptions and character development were pretty basic. Nothing jumped out at me.

The book incorporates aspects from quite a few
Lauren
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
DISCLAIMER - I was sent a free ecopy in exchange for an honest review.

So I am a big fan of fairytale retellings and this retelling of Sleeping Beauty did not disappoint. I loved the futuristic spin on it and how it's set on various planets. Although it was a bit predicable in places and I'm not always a fan of instant love, I throughly enjoyed reading this story. Apolline is not you typical princess because she was brought up away from that however she was a really strong character and I enjoyed
Bubble Bath Books
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There is something different and refreshing about The Princess of Tyrone, book one of the Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles. As the series title suggests, there is a subtle sci-fi element in the story. A fantastic re-telling! Read our full review at http://wp.me/p5s62b-H0
Donnielle Tyner
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite types of books are fairy-tale retellings. Especially when they are re-imagined as science fiction. When the Princess of Tyrone showed up in my email, I jumped at the opportunity to review it. Literally.

First, look at that cover. Just soak in the beauty. Lovely, right?

Princess of Tyrone is a retelling of Sleeping Beauty with all the fantasy and science fiction/ galactic goodness. With the exception of a few other retellings, most I've come across have been mostly fluff. So, I w
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Marissa Meyer
Thank you to YA Bound Book Tours and author Katie Hamstead for providing me with a copy of this in exchange for an honest review!

Find this review and more on my blog The Rest Is Still Unwritten!

Princess of Tyrone by Katie Hamstead is a delightful retelling of the fairytale classic Sleeping Beauty and is perfect for fans of Marissa Meyer and those who love a well told fairytale!

Apolline has lived her whole life on the planet of Mish, happily hunting in the forest and living with her three fairy
Taylor
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, favorites
"The face in the mirror smiled at me, "Ask the question."
"What question?"
"Who is the bravest of them all?""
So most of us know who Sleeping Beauty is right? Well...WRONG!! Hamstead does such a fantastic job of reimagining and yet staying wonderfully true to the essence of a classic fairytale that I was so hooked I had to finish this book in one day. I simply couldn't bear to not know how it ended.

The magic of this book is that it weaves together so many fairytales that many of us have already h
Tania
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
-ARC kindly offered by YA Bound Book Tours and the author in exchange for an honest review -

This is the second retelling of Sleeping Beauty that I read in a few months and it is a record. I read retelling at full blast, but it had never happened to read so soon after the same fairy tale/classic. At least from what I can remember XD Take off from head the sweet and tender Aurora you know, here we would have a rough huntress who does not certainly problems in getting her hands and dresses dirty. I
Stephanie
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
For some reason, I didn’t get the memo that this is basically a retelling of a classic fairytale story – the Sleeping Beauty. I think I was just out of it or something because now that I reread the synopsis, it’s like a duh of course it’s about Sleeping Beauty… With that being said, I did enjoy this retelling mainly because it’s so unique from the others. There are so many modern retellings and whatnot but this is literally the first them where space travelling is part of the story. I think addi ...more
Sam
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So I made a mistake. The mistake wasn’t reading this book, because this book was anything but a mistake. The mistake was starting this book at midnight and staying up until three in the morning to finish it, during finals week. Yes, I am full of bad choices during finals week. Every time I would look at the clock and notice it getting later, but I just couldn’t put this book down, it was so good.
Princess of Tyrone was what I needed in my life. I was in the mood for a princess book and sure did
Pragati Chaudhari
First and foremost, I am an absolute sucker for fairy tales. Yes, I’m that kinda girl. The one who believes in Prince Charming and his white horse and being swept off of their feet. So, yes, the prospect of fairy tales naturally excites me and that just makes this story all the more better.

In this retelling of Sleeping Beauty, there’s elements of Hansel and Gretel and Cinderella and The Red Riding Hood and Snow White, which is, without a doubt, my most favorite part about the story. I love it. I
Melissa Souza
Apr 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: retellings, space
A solid 3 stars!!!

This was a fairly nice retelling of Sleeping Beauty but I had a really hard time trying to give a rating for this book mainly because there were parts that I liked and some which I didn't. So, I will list them.

Pros:
- I loved Apolline. She was a real bad-ass. Not your average princess. She's a huntress and has a strong but kind personality.
- Allard: The Prince of Oran. I adored his parts in the book and longed for them when he wasn't there. I loved his relationship with Apolline
Cindy
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Original Review from my Blog

A retelling of Sleepy Beauty in space. That just pretty much sums up this entire book. I was pretty hesitant to pick up this book because of many reasons 1) not really a big fan of space books 2) not one of my favorite fairytales and 3) I have not found a single retelling of Sleeping Beauty that I have ever enjoyed. But this book definitely surprised me in the best way possible.

What I really liked about the book is that it was very realistic. We see get to see how A
Hannah L (Reviewer)
Apr 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
description
In a universe of magic, space travel and fairy-tale creatures, our once beloved stories are retold in a science fiction setting that brings that brings them back to life again. Princess of Tyrone takes the old classic of sleeping beauty and throws it into a intergalactic love story to be remembered. Apolline is the reincarnated princess Aurora. As Apolline travels through her classic story with a modern twist, she is sucked into a world of danger and espionage.
I enjoyed Princess of Tyrone. I l
  • Kilala Princess, Vol. 04
  • Love Me, Love Me Not
  • Jared's Surprise (Sci-Regency, #2.2)
  • The Only Option (Dubious #4)
  • Slumber (Slumber Duology #1)
  • Murder Madness Such Sweet Sadness (Kiss Kill Love Him Still #2)
  • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Visual Companion
  • Man of Many Faces, Vol. 02
  • Annabeth Neverending
  • Kisses On A Paper Airplane
  • Stripped with the Vampire (Austin Immortals, #1)
  • A Love for the Pages
  • The Verkreath Horror (Deathsworn Arc, #2)
  • Darkness Fair (The Dark Cycle, #2)
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • The Harder He Falls (Kick, #1)
  • Black Knight, Volume 01
  • Blood of the Sorcerer  (The Kingdom Chronicles #2)
Born and raised in Australia, Katie's early years of day dreaming in the "bush," and having her father tell her wild bedtime stories, inspired her passion for writing.
After graduating High School, she became a foreign exchange student where she met a young man who several years later she married. Now she lives in Arizona with her husband, daughters, and their dogs.
She has a diploma in travel and t

Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles (3 books)
  • Myths of Mish (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #2)
  • Dwarves of Calcus (Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #3)