Start by marking “Bad Magic (Spell Slave, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Magic (Spell Slave, #1)

Bad Magic

(Spell Slave #1)

Morality is relative. At least that’s what young sorcerer Regis Teller convinces himself. He’s done what he must to survive: working for a witch since he was nine, helping her throw the kingdom into anarchy, and taking his only comfort in her mysterious son, Crow. And soon, Regis is going to commit his first murder.

A do-gooder named Jonathan White has information the witch
Published October 28th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

Don Bradshaw
Jun 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Well written fantasy fairy tale.
Riina Y.T.
* * * RE-READ to get into the mood for Feather Fall * * *

Phew. I think I can breathe again. Thank you Evelyn.
Book two is coming! (hopefully really fast) :)

I'm still not fully healed and the ending won't ever really sit well with me, but as I said, there's a lot I liked about this book, and even if things haven't turned out as I wished, I greatly enjoyed reading it and yeah, it's one of my favorites this year.

So, there you have it guys. Go read it already :)

You better not let me give this any r
Amber
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Hearts

This was way outside my usual books that I gravitate towards. But something about the blurb really pulled me in and I’m really glad it did. This was all kinds of magic, attraction, witches, passion, fairies, spells, lust…OH MY!!! This book was really friggin good.

Regis Teller really hasn’t known much love in his short life. Doing the bidding of an evil witch while passing the time with her beautiful son is all he’s really ever known. So when the witch asks him to track down and then kill
Kira
Sep 22, 2016 marked it as dnf
Shelves: logical-fail
DNF at 57% because I got tired of reading this book.

The beginning was... well, not amazing but good, and it continued to be not bad at all for some time. But, as the plot thickened, the characters started acting more and more foolishly - you know, because author needed it for Plot, not because they had any reasons to behave that way.
And since I didn't find much else to support my interest in this book, I'd rather stop now.
Tobie Perkins
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was incredible. Made me wish Elliot wrote a thousand books. I cannot wait for more from this author!
Sara

I don’t even know to where to begin with a review for this book but I can tell you I can’t stop smiling.

I bought this because I requested the second book to review for the blog. I didn’t realize it WAS a second book so I went and made sure I read book one before two so my OCD would be totes okay. I am SO happy that I did all of the above because this book was awesome.

The story, a fairy tale of sorts, begins with Regis Teller, a fellow fair-skinned ginger *high five*, doing his best impression
Sarah LaGioia
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The characters. The snark. Waiting on a sequel; someone needs their story. If you've read the book, you know who I'm talking about.
Elaine White
Book – Bad Magic (Spell Slave #1)
Author – Evelyn Elliott
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages – 161

Cover – Love it!
POV – 3rd person, multiple POV
Would I read it again – Are you kidding? Of course!

Genre – Fantasy, Adventure, Magic, LGBT, Gay, Bisexual

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

I knew months ago, when I first saw the cover and blurb for this book, that I had to have it. I wasn't disappointed.

I'll admit that, while the story is pr
Tina
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bad Magic starts off the series Spell Slave by author Evelyn Elliott. I really loved the magical, and dangerous world that Ms. Elliott has made here. Magic, dragons, wizards, love slaves, and humans all live in this world together. Finding their way.
Regis he would tell you, morality is relative. He is a self made sorcerer. He has worked his way up to where he is today. He is also very content with his life, always wanting to expand what he knows and test his powers.
Crow, now he is an interestin
Teresa
****Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance®****

4.5 Stars - Evelyn Elliott is a new author and this is her first book; I must say she did a wonderful job! I loved the fantasy and adventure plot, I liked the dynamic characters, and I was fully immersed in the world.

Bad Magic is vibrant and colourful. It isn’t sweet or fluffy but has humour, tragic pasts, treachery, and snark. The few steamy scenes don’t overwhelm the fantasy story but serve to support the romance plot thread. I felt the fantasy and roma
Annabelle Ng
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bad Magic is a fun and fast paced read for people looking for a semi-lighthearted fantasy adventure. In fact, it is so fast-paced that by the end of the book, I realise I don't actually know the characters.

The main characters are flat and one-dimmensional with little personality or defining traits. In fact, I don't even remember what Jonathan White was like except he had a really cool dragon. I think the dragon had the most personality out of all of them, to be very honest.

Yet, I still find my
MouthLeaf
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Lovely and funny.
The dialogue is super entertaining, the characters flawed and likeable.
More like a fairy tale than a fantasy story - it reminded me - strangely enough - of The Last Wish, only funnier and gayer. Actually, now that I think about it, I would greatly enjoy reading about these guys meeting Geralt of Rivia and getting on his last world-weary nerve while on a quest to slay a monster or whatnot.
Anna Hedley
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I betaed this book.

Wonderful characters and an epic plot, and full of original plays on traditional fantasy tropes. Evelyn is a very talented writer whose talent shines especially bright in dialogue and creating compelling situations.

I would definitely recommend for any fan of the fantasy genre.
J.J. Carroll
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

I really liked Crow and wished there had been more of him. Regis and Jonathon both seemed very young. Regis I could understand -- he hadn't seen much of the world, but I couldn't really understand why Jonathon seemed so young/immature.

I'll read the next book, and see how things develop with the characters...
Tracy
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not bad but too whimsical and pedestrian for my taste.
Nijin
Jan 07, 2018
Jordyn Powell
Mar 05, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• By Fairy Means or Foul (Starfig Investigations, #1)
  • Blood for Magic
  • Lord Mouse
  • Reawakening (Reawakening, #1)
  • The Only Option (Dubious #4)
  • Immortal
  • Locked (Telluric Realm, #1)
  • A King's Ransom
  • Warlock in Training (Studies in Demonology, #1)
  • The Downs
  • Ashes of Life
  • Blood In The Water (An Act of Piracy, #1)
  • Thick as Thieves (Thick as Thieves, #1)
  • Fighting Dirty (Fighting Dirty, #1)
  • The Prince's Boy: Volume One (The Prince's Boy, #1)
  • Blessing and Light
  • Fated: Blood and Redemption (Baal's Heart, #3)
  • The Winter Prince
If you encountered Evelyn Elliott, you'd see a small soft-spoken woman wearing a sundress. At first, she seems like a perfectly normal girl. Do not be deceived.

Her hobbies include watching grisly horror movies, torturing her characters, and tending to her flower garden. She enjoys long walks on the beach and collecting the souls of small children.

Whenever she reads a book, she always roots for th

Spell Slave (2 books)
  • Feather Fall (Spell Slave, #2)