Start by marking “Breakout (Dallas Demons, #3)” as Want to Read:
Breakout (Dallas Demons, #3)

Breakout (Dallas Demons #3)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  289 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
While Texas is known for loving football, Lexi Stewart has always been drawn to the ice. Hockey is her passion, and she wants nothing more than to pursue a career in video editing for the home network of the Dallas Demons hockey team.

Lexi has an editing job for a corporate account, but it’s not fulfilling. Nor is her dating life, despite having the so-called help of The O
Published November 4th 2015 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Breakout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakout

Dianne
Sometimes it feels like an author has written something JUST FOR YOU. So, with that thought in mind, thank you, Aven Ellis for knowing what sport I like, and how I like my romance!

Breakout by Aven Ellis goes behind the scenes of the Dallas Demons hockey team and right into the producer’s trailer. Not only does the hot new producer have an eye for team highlights, he has an eye for the woman who knows how to make those highlights shine! Who knew one tackle (the only football reference) would ope
Simona
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing

*Book provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

By now you guys probably know that I get really excited whenever I see an Aven Ellis book, you’re not wrong ;) I had the pleasure of beta reading this beauty and I loved being part of this journey, the characters are amazing.

The story follows Lexi and the ones of you who have read The Definition of Icing already know her, she is Kenley’s best friend, so we also get to read about Kenley and Nate again in this book, which is great.

So, l
Derna
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

When the latest Aven Ellis book arrives on my Kindle, I always get a little excited as I know I'm going to be spending a few hours of reading getting wrapped up in a great romance story that offers me everything I love.

“All good things don’t come to an end…Sometimes they’re just the beginning.”

Breakout (Dallas Demons #3) is the heart-warming story about gorgeous hockey loving fan Lexi Stewart and the sexy Greek sports TV pro
Jo Hughes
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Carina for auto-approving me to read this book on NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I would also like to thank author Rebecca Raisin for being there when I needed her the most and sending me bits of this story to help me through, love you (sorry it's taken me awhile to write this review) xx.

I will start with this gorgeous cover of all of becks books this really has to be my favourite and carina have outdone themselves with this one.

In this story, we meet up
Alba
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on: http://www.albainbookland.com/2016/01...

Aven's books are like a happy place where you can escape to for a few hours and forget about everything else. And Breakout is no exception. She always creates the cutest stories with the best heroes: gorgeous and gentle guys, ready to love unconditionally. And that's the case with Niko Xenakis, perfect book boyfriend material.

When Aven first announced that she was writing a new installment in her Dallas Demons Series, I was over the m
Heidi
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Breakout is another fantastic addition to Aven Ellis' Dallas Demons Series and it might just be my favourite yet. What I love most about this author and her books is the high recognition factor. I know exactly what I am in for when I pick up one of Aven's novels - a brilliantly crafted storyline, lovable characters and plenty of romantic heartfelt moments.

Lexi Stewart is your normal down-to-earth, next-door neighbour kind of girl (ok, her parents are super rich and her best friend, Kenley, is d
Mary Aguilera
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this addition to the Dallas Demons series!
Whitney
The third book in the Dallas Demons series is just as romantic and funny as the previous two! Lexi is trying to achieve her dream of editing hockey for Total Access Total Sports when one day, the answer to her dreams literally crushes her against the bleachers to save her from a runaway hockey puck! From the start I was in love with Lexi and Niko. Lexi is such a headstrong woman who, like I always say about Aven’s female main characters, is someone I want to be friends with. She grew up in Dalla ...more
Isabell
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Originally posted on Dreaming With Open Eyes

I kindly received Breakout in exchange of an honest review by the author.

This time, our main characters are Lexi Stewart and Niko Xenakis. Lexi has always been drawn to the ice. Hockey is her passion, and she wants nothing more than to pursue a career in video editing for the home network of the Dallas Demons hockey team. Niko recently has moved to Dallas from Greektown (Baltimore) to be new Dallas Demons TV producer. The passion for hockey brings Lexi
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book features everything you could want in a romantic comedy...Love, Romantic gestures, a gorgeous Greek man, humour, Thanksgiving and Christmas & recurring characters! What more could a girl want?

I was sort of tempted to finish the review there, as it really does sum up the book, but that may not be fair! I had another book already loaded and ready to start when Breakout appeared in my inbox, and the second I saw the email I knew I was reading this first.

I just can not resist an Aven
Amanda R
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, romance
Ok first off if you haven't read any of the others I would suggest that you do, not because the story would be incomplete without them but you would be spoiled as to what happened with the other couples that are in the books before.

In this book we get Lexi's story and the new producer for the Demons. Lexi is bff's with Kenley and Amanda, both from previous books and Kenley has her own story with Nate (hubba hubba). She's quiet but she is fierce about her love of the Demons. She goes and does vi
Jessica
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Getting a new hockey romance from Aven Ellis is always a surefire way to big smile on my face. I absolutely cannot get enough of them (and I don't even LIKE hockey! Shhh, don't tell). This time, however, our hero is not a hockey player, but the new tv producer for the Demons hockey team. No need to worry my hockey friends, we get plenty of time immersed in the sporting world, as Lexi, our heroine, loves all things hockey and does edits of her own for the team.

Lexi was a fun heroine to read about
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free For A Blog Tour in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.I would like to thank Aven for not only letting me be part of this tour but for the privilege of being one of her Beta Readers. I love all of Aven's books but this one has a special place in my heart. I claimed Niko as my book boyfriend before Aven had even written one word of this book. I ...more
All-Things-Books [Whairigail]
Shelves: favourites
5 Sparkly Stars!

Aven Ellis is my go to author - if I'm sad, her books will cheer me up. If I'm happy, they will keep me there. If I'm insecure, they will provide me some reassurance. If I need reminding that the world isn't a horrible place, they'll do that and BREAKOUT was no different - it is everything anyone needs in a romance novel and so much more.

“Come on, Lexi, trust me. Give me one of your hands.”

Breakout is the story of Lexi and Niko - Lexi is a young, vibrant video editor who land
Maryline M's Bookshelf
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This review was first published at M's Bookshelf - http://mssbookshelf.blogspot.com

Breakout is the exact reason why I'm such a fan of Aven Ellis.
In just a few simple lines she sketches out the most amazing characters. She has the ability to make you fall in love with them instantly. And Niko and Lexi are no exception.
Now, it's easy to say that "a guy is hot" and leave the rest up to your readers' imagination. But if there's one thing our wonderful Aven Ellis never fails to do, it's writing a de
Aven Ellis is my go-to author when I'm tired of reading books where the H is a manwhore. I understand that many people enjoy books like that, but I guess I'm liking them less and less. There are only so many iterations of reformed manwhore books I'm willing to read before I'm maxed out on them. Ellis's books are so refreshing that way. Unfortunately, a nice and normal H usually means that the h is annoying, insecure, and whiny.

What I liked:
1) Niko. He was nice, normal H. He was sweet and consid
Jennifer Dicenzo
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in the Dallas Demons series. I have been wanting this book since we met Lexi in a previous book. Lexi is an editor whose passion is hockey in a football town. She has been wanting to become an editor for the Demons since college. In her downtime she tries to attend practice for the Demons and take video to edit and put online. But this practice changes the course of her life. One puck over the glass and one obscenely hot guy who saves her from it, start the change that Lexi's life ...more
Sheerie
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG, Aven has done it again, she's created another perfect man, an intelligent woman and a gorgeous love story between Niko and Lexi. These two are such likeable people and I found myself willing for them to become a loved up happy ever after couple. They are people from different backgrounds yet with similar goals for their own personal careers. They each have a great strength of character which really appealed to me as a reader. This book is smoking hot, humorous, and also sensitive. As Aven d ...more
Heather
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Aven Ellis has a wonderful knowledge of hockey and the behind scenes work that goes into producing a game. Lexi loves hockey...and she loves making hockey come alive for others with her video packages. I totally identify as I love to share the hockey photos I take. Aven managed to take this to a new level by simply bypassing the obvious of Lexi falling for a hockey player and instead paired her with Niko, a hockey producer. They play off one another's strengths and pick the other up in times of ...more
Cindy
A bit of a departure from the formula described in the prior book as this time our guy is a TV hockey producer rather than a player. So we missed the fame part. But still a really emotionally in touch guy who wants to wait for the nookie. I did like that we got to see more of CiCi. She cracks me up!
Carolina
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
It's cutsy, the hero and heroine have the same problem with their acceptance, but the heroine has extra issues which I don't know if I'm being mean but don't mean much so it just felt whinny, but hey it's her issues.
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Gets better and better

Truly in love with the Dallas Demons! This is the third book from Aven Ellis and I have read truly loved! You get lost in the stories!
Another 5 star read from me!
Suzanne Smart
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great romance -- makes me think back to when . . . anything was possible!
Wendy
The type of book to put a smile on your face! full review to come!
Kierstin Veldkamp
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book series has me seriously thinking about if I'm missing out by not being into hockey.
Lou
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
full review to follow
Ashley Barrett
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There's nothing else that you could ask for! Who wouldn't fall in love while reading Breakout?!
Kat
Jun 18, 2016
Cheryl Brooks
Feb 25, 2018
Christina
Mar 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Hopelessly Devoted to Holden Finn
  • Dirty Deeds (Mechanics of Love, #3)
  • Fresh Hell (Notting Hell Trilogy, #3)
  • If You Were Me
  • The Life You Left
  • Taste the Heat (Love and Games, #1)
  • The Night That Changed Everything
  • Girl on Tour (Kylie Ryans, #2)
  • Tied Up with Love
  • Break Me Like a Promise (Once Upon a Crime Family, #2)
  • A Time for Friends
  • Play On (Lewis Creek, #1)
  • Cross Country Christmas (Woodfalls Girls, #1.5)
  • The Secrets Sisters Keep
  • Captive (Captive, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Summer Love (Grass Valley Cowboys, #3)
  • Falling for the Marine (McCade Brothers, #2)
  • The Comeback Cowboy
Aven began her publishing career in 2013 with her debut release, Connectivity. She currently writes hockey and baseball romances and is launching a royal romance series this year.

Her books are designed to make readers laugh out loud and fall in love. Happily-ever-after endings and good-boy heroes are guaranteed.

Aven lives in the Dallas area with her family. She is a huge fan of both the Dallas Sta
More about Aven Ellis

Dallas Demons (5 books)
  • Waiting For Prince Harry (Dallas Demons #1)
  • The Definition of Icing (Dallas Demons, #2)
  • On Thin Ice (Dallas Demons, #4)
  • Playing Defense (Dallas Demons #5)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • A Desperate Fortune
    $16.99 $2.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be