Start by marking “Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook” as Want to Read:
Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook

Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook

Take a bite out of Diana Gabaldon’s New York Times bestselling Outlander novels, the inspiration for the hit Starz series, with this immersive official cookbook from OutlanderKitchen.com founder Theresa Carle-Sanders!

Claire Beauchamp Randall’s incredible journey from postwar Britain to eighteenth-century Scotland is a feast for all five senses, and taste is no exception
Published June 14th 2016 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Outlander Kitchen, please sign up.
Theresa Carle-Sanders Ashley, check out the table of contents in the "Look Inside" feature on Amazon. There are a number of vegetarian mains and sides, and I do give…moreAshley, check out the table of contents in the "Look Inside" feature on Amazon. There are a number of vegetarian mains and sides, and I do give suggestions for making some of the meat dishes vegetarian. I hope that helps!(less)

SmartBitches
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: b-grade, cookbook
Full review at Smart Bitches, Trashy Books

One thing you notice as you read the Outlander series is all the mentions of food. It’s not quite as prolific as all the food in A Song of Ice and Fire, but there’s a lot of book and a lot of food. As we’ve seen, a lot of people like food (I am one) and like playing with food, and Outlander fandom being what it is, we should not be surprised that there is now an Outlander cookbook!

For each recipe in this cookbook, we have excerpt of the book that mention
Tina
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I remember picking up the paperback novel Outlander by Diana Gabaldon from the library's sale table. Historical fiction, a bit of time travel and a venue in the Scottish Highlands had me very interested. As with many Gabaldon fans, I fell in love with the series. This was my first book by this author.

The books are great but I must admit I wasn't a big fan of the TV show. The actor playing Jamie just isn't right (for me). Yes, I know I am in the minority regarding the actor playing Jamie but....i
Dana
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I have to admit, I usually stay away from Fandom cookbooks like this. I just can't take them seriously. However, when I saw that this book was up for Best Cookbook of the Year, being the Outlander fan that I am, I knew I had to check it out.

I was surprised to find that this book is the real deal. Not concocted by fans, but actually written by a professional cook that has studied and written about Irish and Scottish food and history for years, this book is "official"...and it shows. Also, the au
Beth Cato
I received this cookbook through the LibraryThing Early Reviewers Program.

This is a cookbook that can be enjoyed on multiple levels. First of all, it's a cookbook with a diverse selection of recipes for food and drink, and many of them are period recipes written in a way to be accessible to the 21st century cook. For example, Drunken Mock-Turtle Soup uses oxtail along with a bottle of sherry. Baking soda and powder, 19th century inventions, are in bread recipes to allow for a good rise. Excerpts
Sara
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scotland
"The must have cookbook for Outlander lovers!"
Review at: http://freshfiction.com/review.php?id...
Heather J.
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
beautiful pictures. I enjoy the clips from the books. The recipes I've made are all excellent.
Hallie Ralls
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've never picked up a cookbook and read it all the way through, but that just changed. Theresa Carle-Sanders has done a fantastic job of blending the Outlander books with workable recipes. Even I, an elementary cook at best, feel like I could tackle most of these recipes to great success. Educational, simple to understand and accessible in the way that no other cookbook has felt.
farmwifetwo
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I have yet to cook anything out of it but the recipes seem to be straight forward and easy to do. Easy enough to make a few before I return it to the library.

Then I will adjust the stars and my opinion.
Zoey
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tt, 2017, non-fiction
Lovely cookbook with beautiful pictures and excerpts from the books relating to each recipe. Massive Outlander fans like myself will love it.
Diane Close
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
While I was disappointed the book didn't contain a recipe for tablet (especially an old, authentic one that doesn't use sweetened condensed milk), the rest of the recipes were well done, nicely represented and everything I tried cooked up great. I docked one star for having a little too many modern recipes (like enchiladas and fish tacos) that detracted from the authentic, historic feel of the book. The historic and modernized-historic ones that are present are pretty much perfect though! I don' ...more
Lynn
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WONDERFUL book with great recipes to go along with the series -- all the way from the 1700s in Scotland, England, and France to the 1900s in America. Theresa Carle-Sanders has done an amazing job.
Diane
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Outlander inspired yummy recipes and some are gluten free!
Anna Lapping
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The best and most beautiful cookbook I've had in years. The recipes are well written and researched.
Kathy Baker
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this cookbook. I am not a fan of spending time in the kitchen, but there is no denying the pay-offs of these recipes.
Kathleen
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
I had the good fortune of receiving this cookbook from a new friend who also just happens to be an equally obsessed 'Outlander' fan. Discovering we're both fans, plus that we shared so many other common interests was an unexpected but delightful outcome of our meeting. I could not feel luckier ~ as a recipient of both the cookbook & the friendship!

It's a tiny bit misleading to write that I've "read" the entire cookbook. What I have done is read the foreward, (by Diana herself!!) the authors
Lorraine
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Merry Christmas to me!
I've never deglazed a pan with sherry or brandy, or made Puff Pastry Boar Tusks, but look forward to doing so! This cook book is not only rich with amazing recipes from the Outlander Universe, it's a feast for the soul.
The pictures give a good idea of what the dishes look like before or after cooking. Each recipe is prefaced with a sanctioned excerpt from the book it's from which puts you right back into the story. I'll have to try not to pick up the corresponding book!

Most
Meera AlSuwaidi
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
If you're a huge fan of Outlander like me, you'll absolutely LOVE this book!
Every recipe is inspired by the story and characters themselves, even quotes and brief history are included. What could be better than trying out some original Highlander dishes?!
Amy Beth
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tried 5 recipes and all turned out fantastic! A must-have for Outlander fans.
Juli Anna
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
Disclaimer: I read this not as an Outlander fan but as someone who enjoys historical and literary cookbooks. I found these recipes somewhat lackluster and meaty for my taste.
Lee
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved reading this with the excerpts from the books. There are several recipes that are must makes for me-ginger nut biscuits, pumpkin seed and herb oatcakes, and cock-a -leekie soup. yum!
Emily
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I've loved Theresa's site for a long time and I'm so glad her cookbook is finally here! There are some familiar website recipes, but also a variety of new material written especially for the book. I can't wait to try out the new recipes! It's also a beautiful cookbook--the cover, the paper used, and the photography are all top-notch.
Bridget Healy
I've been waiting for this book for a long time! Theresa did an amazing job of bringing the recipes to life, suitable for a modern kitchen and a busy cook. The variety of dishes alone are mind-boggling. I can't wait to try a few of these, especially the Claire's roast chicken and the potato fritters.
Renata
This is like a pretty fine cookbook? Needs more #herbs though. mainly recommended to a devoted Outlander fan who is not a vegetarian.

Kathy
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 100116, 091516
This cookbook takes Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series to a whole new level. The author is not just highlighting the foods mentioned in the books, but also making them achievable by the home cook -- and Deliciously!
Meredith
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A new cookbook favourite. Perfect for those who can't get enough of Outlander and/or adore Scottish foods. It would be a great gift book for the Outlander fan in your life. The food photography is fantastic, just look at that cover! I'm thrilled a Canadian had the honour of writing it!
Jessica
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Love this book! I love that there are book excepts with each recipe. The recipes are a bit complicated (most of them), but as so worth it!
Mary
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fun and engaging cookbook read for Outlander and cookbook fans alike. Every recipe is accompanied by photographs and a passage from one of the Outlander books. Highly recommended!
Beth
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my new favorite cookbook! I'm a fan of Outlander (I've only read the first two books so far), but more than that I'm a fan of good food, British/Scottish food, and historic recipes. But the problem with historic recipes is that they're often to suit a taste no longer popular (or existent), or to cover the rancidness of an ingredient. So much though I love collecting them and making them, I usually don't want to eat them. That's where this cookbook shines- the recipes are all suited to a ...more
Kirra
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't think you can really go wrong with a book companion cookbook (unless the recipes all look totally unappealing or are really difficult to make) but with the added plus of it being an OUTLANDER COMPANION COOKBOOK, there was no way I couldn't love it. The cover of this cookbook is absolutely gorgeous wth the food looking amazing, the red standing out against the green and it makes you want to bake while the soundtrack is on in the background making a perfect atmosphere to replicate the worl ...more
Cara
3 ☆

I’m not a huge fan of Outlander , the books nor the show, but I saw this on Amazon and the teases of pics in the community reviews made me want to take a look. I borrowed the kindle version from my library. As I read through however, I was not as impressed as the high praise for this cookbook. Granted, the cause was probably due to my non-interest in the Outland world. The recipes were mostly unappealing and quite complicated — plus, the ingredients, in nearly all the recipes, seem excessivel
The Worst Bestsel...: Episode 62 - Outlander Kitchen 1 17 Nov 21, 2016 11:01AM
  • My Irish Table: Recipes from the Homeland and Restaurant Eve
  • Art of the Pie: A Practical Guide to Homemade Crusts, Fillings, and Life
  • Tasting Rome: Fresh Flavors and Forgotten Recipes from an Ancient City
  • The Making of Outlander: The Official Guide to Seasons 1 & 2
  • Pie It Forward: Pies, Tarts, Tortes, Galettes, and Other Pastries Reinvented
  • Debbie Macomber's Christmas Cookbook: Favorite Recipes and Holiday Traditions from My Home to Yours
  • The Secret Garden Cookbook: Recipes Inspired by Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Secret Garden
  • Deceptive Desserts: A Lady's Guide to Baking Bad!
  • Layered: Baking, Building, and Styling Spectacular Cakes
  • The Red Rooster Cookbook: The Story of Food and Hustle in Harlem
  • The Perfect Cake: Your Ultimate Guide to Classic, Modern, and Whimsical Cakes
  • Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence: Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats
  • The Homesick Texan's Family Table: Lone Star Cooking from My Kitchen to Yours
  • American Cake: From Colonial Gingerbread to Classic Layer, the Stories and Recipes Behind More Than 125 of Our Best-Loved Cakes
  • The Soup Club Cookbook: Feed Your Friends, Feed Your Family, Feed Yourself
  • All About Cake
  • Cooking from the Farmers' Market
  • Essential Oils & Aromatherapy, An Introductory Guide: More Than 300 Recipes for Health, Home and Beauty