Start by marking “Hydromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts #4)” as Want to Read:
Hydromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts #4)

Hydromancist

(Seven Forbidden Arts #4)

Maya Martin has a rare gift. It has been forbidden since the Dark Age, making her kind hunted both by government and forces that steal their art and sell it to the highest bidder.
She is a hydromancist.
She manipulates water.
She can split the sea like Moses.
Labeled a colored person in her country, Maya doesn’t fit in. She doesn’t belong with the blacks, or the whites.
Published October 8th 2015 by Mélange Books

To ask other readers questions about Hydromancist, please sign up.
Charmaine Pauls Hi Sandra,

Hi Sandra,

I'm so happy you like this series! I draw a lot of inspiration from my travels, visiting exotic and mysterious locations. Most of my plot lines are driven by strong emotions (betrayal, love, deceit, etc.) and I build my stories around those.

Real live events often inspire the backdrop of the stories. For example, when I visited the village of Larmor-Baden in Brittany, France, someone was burning down houses and a police helicopter circled the bay, looking for the culprit. That's how the idea for Pyromancist was born, and why the story plays off in Larmor-Baden.

Regarding the 7 arts that inspired the series plot line, I discovered during my research that 7 arts were forbidden by the church during the Middle Ages, and I used these arts as themes for each book.

Happy future reading and thank you for your interest!

Charmaine(less)

Start your review of Hydromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts #4)
Nicole
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs

5**** Forbidden stars

What a great book!!! Once again the author created a fantastic new story. Hydromancist is the fourth book in the Seven Forbidden Arts (fifth including Loving the Enemy). This story is Maya's POV, she possesses one of the forbidden Arts SHE IS A HYDROMANCIST meaning she can manipulate WATER .
As a member of Cain Jones' paranormal crime task force she has a new mission to Costa Rica, she has to destroy an illegal shipment. There she will meet Timothy Fardel, the Austr

Lynn Worton
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is the fourth book in the Seven Forbidden Arts Series. I loved it!

Maya Martin is a wonderful character. I really liked her. She is an extremely tough character; she's had to be. Growing up on the Cape Flats, a notoriously dangerous area of Cape Town, she's had to face vicious gangs and survived. Now older and working with the paranormal taskforce with her gift of hydromancy, she's on a dangerous unde
T.R. Horne
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars of Greatness!

As always...Pauls delivers a great love story full of intrigue, angst and hot love making! There were times in the story where I wondered exactly how the main character was going to get out of the jam she was in and sure enough, it made me read all the way to the very end to get answers.

The story follows Maya Martin, a Cape Town orphan turned gangster in her early years, who was found by Cain, the leader of a paranormal task force, for extraordinary abilities to control wate
Lauren
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Maya is sent on a mission to uncover a weapons deal that could lead to mass destruction. she quickly discovers that time is one of the leads in this trade but rapidly falls in love with him before the truth starts to unfold. this is a story filled with romance action mystery and is just flat addictive. I love this author's work and how quickly she pulls you into the story and keeps you there. I did not want the story to end, I did feel the ending was a little rushed but hopefully there's more to ...more
Zita
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-arcs
Compelling characters, awesome paranormal storyline…

This is the fourth book in the Seven Forbidden Arts series that can be read as a stand-alone.

There are individuals in the world with abilities that are forbidden, control of the elements can be a powerful weapon in the wrong hands. Maya Martin is a member of a paranormal task force whose mission is to seek out such individuals and those that would use them for evil purposes. Having been born with one of the seven forbidden abilities makes Maya
Debbie
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted my copy of this book, direct from the author, and I thank Ms Pauls for that!

Maya is a Hydromancist, she can control the water. She never found her place til she joined Cain Jones and his paranormal task force. Now, with her team mates occupied elsewhere, Maya is sent to destroy a shipment of smuggled arms to prevent them from reaching Africa. She is also instructed to eliminate the main suspect, Australian Ambassador Timothy Fardel. A man who Maya reacts to as she never did before.
Donna Sweeney
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kindly provided with an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review......

There really is not much I have to say about this book.....hell the whole series to date is just OUTSTANDING !!!

This is Maya and Tim's book. Maya has been in the previous books for me the ultimate bada*s, but in this book I definitely saw her softer side. Maya has a paranormal ability she can manipulate water. If only I could too, I would so soak a few people to the bone when they got on my nerves....yes, I am charmi
Autumn
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, waar

Wow hot and sexy all rolled into one along with the paranormal heck yeah that makes for a damn good book.
So I started this book and I hit my first sex scene pretty early on and I started thinking to myself oh no please don't let this whole thing be rushed because that would ruin it. I even thought to myself I should drop a star because of it. I can honestly say I thought it turned out to be a pretty darn good book after all especially when we learn the sec
Ruth B
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, romance, paranormal
Rating: 4.5 stars

'Hydromancist', fourth book in the Seven Forbidden Arts is all about Maya. The sexy and deathly South African beauty is now the main character in a fast and entertaining story. Set in Costa Rica, the story has beautiful scenarios which are perfect for a woman who can manipulate water. Reading about Maya and her power is exciting, you can feel the molecules of her body changing when she is in control and the writing makes is real and palpable.

Maya has been present in all the book
Buffyanna
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
More excitement! More romance! More tough decisions!

In Hydromancist, Charmaine Pauls returns to the faster-paced action and intrigue that characterized Loving the Enemy. Finally! We see one of the paranormal team members, hydromancist Maya Martin, actively engaged in cloak and dagger spy stuff. Her mission is to intercept and destroy illegal arms shipments that are secretly orchestrated by the devastatingly handsome Australian ambassador, Timothy Fardel.

“He looked hotter than any mouth-watering
Lissette
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Maya Martin has kept her precious secret to herself for as long as she can remember. Her coveted gifts drives many to hunt her kind. She's promised herself that she'll never tell another soul. That she'll keep her secret until the day she dies. Until the moment she meets Timothy Fardel. It's then that her resolve begins to crumble.

I began this series with this book in general. It acts as enough of a standalone that you won't get lost in the details provided throughout the book that stem from the
Becky Rendon
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
They warned her she'd fall but Maya was too stubborn to believe them. She's closed off and fights her own battles. She doesn't want or need anyone. Her friends are helpful but she doesn't NEED them. Or so she thought.

Her newest case is a slippery slope and a bumpy trail that is supposed to lead to Godfrey. The whole team is trying to find the animal that went after Kat and her baby. No one wants that kind of trash running around. Maya volunteers for this case but it will be her hardest yet.

The f
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Maya, as we know from previous books, is one tough cookie. She doesn't have many friends, but those she does have, she holds close and gives her all. So when she finds herself alone on a mission, she isn't bothered because she knows how to take care of herself, and there are very good reasons why her team-mates aren't there with her. So you can imagine the shock to her system when she finds herself falling for the very guy that she's there to investigate. Tim has many layers to him (why do I alw ...more
Wanda Hartzenberg
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Be still my beating heart.
Oh no. It is not my heart I am afraid off. It is my hormone level.
Ok so this book is not my cup of tea. I actively dislike erotica. Especially when a story is thinly disguised purely for the sake to get to the next hot scene.
This book actually has a strong story line carrying the erotica not centred around it. Still, it has enough erotic scenes to make me shy away.
That said. The story is really well written. The book is well edited and the plot is entertaining but if er
K.  Ramjohn
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hydromancist is an Paranormal romance novel that will take you on a journey through Costa Rica and leave you wanting more. This is Maya's story. As a HYDROMANCIST, she can manipulate WATER. Maya's romance with Tim was amazing. Their chemistry was explosive from their first meeting and it just kept on building.
This exhilarating page-turner had it all - romance, hot steamy sex, suspense, espionage, lots of action, compelling characters, a gripping plot and so much more. I was literally on the edg
Angela
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hydromancist is an exciting story of two persons harboring a dark secrets, can their love save them from peril? Will Maya choose Tim over her Friends? Or will Tim give up on Maya?
Find out ladies and gents!! This is a page turner book, Charmaine Pauls will take you to a world where deceit and betrayals abound.
I love this book and it seems like i'm reading one of Christine Feehan Sea Haven series in a different setting. I can't wait for the next story.
Brittney Lathan
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this as a gift. I really enjoyed reading this book. I really got sucked into the story. I could not put my phone down. You heard me correctly. When I received the book and just downloaded it to my phone. The characters were amazing. Maya is an awesome character. Timothy is also interesting too.I can not wait to read more from this author.
Shelly
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Maya's story was heart breaking. You get more detail as to why she is so hardcore. Why she keeps her distance. That is until she meets her match in Tim. The only problem is he is her target. While trying to protect her, Tim inadvertently puts her life in more danger. This series is getting more and more interesting and addicting with each book. A must read series!
Saloshini
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly I think I blushed the entire time I read this book.
But I still liked the story well enough. The more explicit scene's, and there were a few of them I must say....They made me blush.
Still if this is what you like to read I am sure you will love this.
Note to the wise. If you have kiddo's do not listen to this book on text-to-speech.

WaAr rrg
Connie Veldsman Smit
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can simply not get enough of this author's work. The Hydromancist is amazing. The characters have multiple layers that develop through the book and make you fall in love with them page after page. The element of suspense and surprise makes this book a page turner that you will simply not be able to put down.
Estelle
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is NOT my usual genre. So honestly I have nothing to compare it too but I can say this. I liked the story that formed the backdrop to all the explicit goings on. Honestly not a convert. I wont go out of my way to read more such books but the book was a quick read.

WaAr rrg.
Christina
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

There were a lot of twist & turns that I didn't expect or see coming & I love when that happens. I will most assuredly be getting the other books in this series to read.
Erika Pazos
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***Note: Book provided by Author, in exchange I am providing an honest review***

I love Charmaine and as always she once again delivers!!! Hydromancist is the fourth book in the Seven Forbidden Arts series and it is Maya’s story. The book can be read as a stand alone but I do suggest that you read the previous books in the series to understand the whole dynamic.
Maya is a member of the paranormal task fore lead by Cain Jones and she is capable of manipulating water. The book takes place in Costa
Becky
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I flew through this book in one sitting - started and finished it in the same day. I really enjoyed delving into Maya's (The heroine's) backstory and finding out was underneath her sassy exterior. The story took turns I wasn't expecting, which kept me hooked throughout. A really enjoyable read.
Miranda Josker
Rita
Dec 05, 2018
Alex
Oct 02, 2018

• Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #1)
  • Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1)
  • The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
  • The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)
  • Hold (Hold, #1)
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1)
  • Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)
  • Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2)
  • Mine (Real, #2)
  • Win Some, Lose Some
  • Dark Planet Warriors: Invasion (Dark Planet Warriors #1A)
  • Dark Planet Warriors: Escape (Dark Planet Warriors #1C)
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3)
  • Kiss an Angel
Charmaine Pauls was born in Bloemfontein, South Africa. She obtained a degree in Communication at the University of Potchestroom, and followed a diverse career path in journalism, public relations, advertising, communication, and brand marketing. Her writing has always been an integral part of her professions.

After relocating to Chile with her French husband, she fulfilled her passion to write fu

Seven Forbidden Arts (10 books)
  • Loving the Enemy (Seven Forbidden Arts, #0)
  • Pyromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts, #1)
  • Aeromancist: The Beginning (Seven Forbidden Arts, #2)
  • Aeromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts, #3)
  • Geomancist (Seven Forbidden Arts #5)
  • Necromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts, #6)
  • Scapulimancist (Seven Forbidden Arts #7)
  • Chiromancist (Seven Forbidden Arts, #8)
  • Man (Seven Forbidden Arts #9)